Adams 12 Five Star Schools

Adams 12 Five Star Schools Employee Reviews

United States87 reviews
Amazing staff and students. Great workplace
Everyone here was so welcoming and kind to me when I started. I love the atmosphere of work here. Awesome staff and awesome students! Would recommend.
Positively Impacting Kids
The day as PE Teacher was full of moments to build kids up and teach them to be their very best. It was also and opportunity to help kids push past uncomfortable. Become a better version of themselves.
Therapeutic and a great learning environment.
A typical day at work is going in from 2:15 till closing (6pm) and being able to communicate, take care and discipline our k-5th grade students. We have fun activities to get us through the afternoon so that our kids won't get bored easily.
Pros
free snacks, being around kids, consistent schedule, 401k, summer hours are long.
Cons
hourly pay, no hours are given during holiday/school breaks
Great School
Wonderful school that embraces the student as a whole. Step up to challenges and is a great place to work! Staff and families work together to present students with a desire to learn!
Higher end of school districts to drive for..
Higher end of school districts to drive for. Pay was decent. People were supportive. Supervisors were caring and attentive most of the time. Kids could be a hand full.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Very competitive and challenging. I love my job and the kids I work with.
Adams 12 School Dist is losing students from this area because of cost of living in this area. The housing and rent are very high in this district and people cannot afford to live here.
Inexperienced management
The new management at Transportation is horrid... they skip protocol for the majority of the changes they make and call it an "executive decision". They don't care about keeping their employees either... and have no standards on bringing in new ones to replace the ones they are losing. Transportation is holding on by a thread.
Bad
Treatment is like they dont even care if you're there, manager is rude, 17 yrs into schools never was treated like they did to me😞👎maybe there will change for future lunch ladies
The good is the kids and being off when my kids are off. The bad is management, short staff and the moral.
My most enjoyable time is when im in the bus driving my kids. There is no moral. Management has no idea how to run transportation for a school district. Neither the director or the ops manager has a CDL. We are always short drivers and paras. The gossip is so bad that you come and go without ever interacting with your coworkers. 😞😞
New management is very unfair.
Not happy with the new management at all. I have been there for years and once new management came I could not stay any longer. I gave it a whole year with new management and couldn’t deal anymore the job itself is wonderful but I’d rather be somewhere where I’d be happy all the way around.
Love the kids
I enjoyed working with this company. The pay was good and the benefits. But mostly I loved working with the children. They brightened up my day everyday.
Wonderful
Children are our future
You do not get paid much asa a sub but it is a very rewarding job. I wish all teachers were paid more they certainly deserve it
Happy to help out with data entry and enrollment for new school year.
Happy to help out with data entry and enrollment for new school year. Many students, staff and areas to get into Infinite Campus to lessen the load at beginning of new school year.
Enjoyed my position and it was a good place to work, especially if you have a young family. Benefits were great, co-workers were energetic, and friendly. Management was very political the higher you go in the organization. There is a class system that you have to understand. Certified, administrative, and classified.
Fun Workplace
Working here created a diverse work space. You learn how to operate on the fly and change your schedule at any time. Working here you understand the importance of children's well being.
Fast paced environment with plenty of excitement
A typical day for me was repeating to the same students what was and was not allowed..how come it was or was not allowed.. I learned to have a lot of patience.. staying on task.. the hat desk part of the job was trying to keep the students safe from harm.. the most enjoyable was getting to know them and watching them excel, accomplish, grow and succeed..
Pros
Structure
Cons
Topping out on my salary increases and felling like I was trapped for 8 hrs a day
Lack of competencies or training in position, Inefficient HR Department, Not a good culture of communication
For my position, there was a lack of competencies and no clear boundaries or tasks of what I should be doing . The onboarding process, trying to find instructions and forms, and trying to prove previous experience was one of the most ineffective and tedious process that I have seen at an HR. Trying to get clear answers from HR was extremely time-consuming.
Would go back...
I enjoyed my time as a Site And at Adams 12 Five Star Schools, I would go back if i had the opportunity, I improved student engagement and increased academic achievements on a daily basis. No two days were alike, something new and challenging everyday.
Racist and Ageist Biased Culture That Permeates at Every Level
Forget working here if you are any minority or older than 40 year-old person looking for advancement. I networked there for over twelve years and never secured a second full-time teaching job. I’m surprised they haven’t had the living daylights sued out of them by now!!
Fun place to work at. Alot of team work and Idea sharing. Alot of actives. Managment is more relaxed. I really had a good time. There now bad thing to talk about.
Fickle Childish Management
Management - If you did not fit into their childish little group then they wanted to get rid of you by making up something. Play favorites.
Move on.
Pros
Driving the Bus
Cons
Childish Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight