Adams Fairacre Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 6, 2018
Adams was a good place to work co workers where good people work load was not strenuous or demanding management was okay some where more knowledge than others
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No much room for advancement
Wonderful work environment
Produce Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJune 8, 2018
Always loved working there, most employees were fun to work with and most of everyone got their work done. If the area didn't have such high cost of living I would have gladly stayed there. Even with the fair pay it still did not satisfy the needs I needed.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, Free Coffee.
Very fun and laid back job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603May 12, 2018
I really enjoy working at Adams Fairacre Farms, it's a great working experience and I met a lot of great people. I definitely would recommend this job to many people.
Pros
Discounts, Flexible Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
overall management is poorly not really good at communication but perks like the discount and some people there are close friends
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 10, 2018
not so big on management in my department because they are not really clear on things when the task at hand needs to be handled. feel like im not really respected when it comes to working only a few workers in there are very loyal and hard workers.
Pros
discount
Cons
managment
Friendly, family owned, farm quality food market
DELI FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMay 10, 2018
I come to work. reorganize the cooler and prep racks. Make my list for the days tasks to be preformed. Place orders with multiple vendors. While also making sure all catering orders are completed on time.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
hard work
Nice and friendly work environment
Deli Kitchen Lead, Food service director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
The company is all about family relations with the community. Closed majority of holidays All major bosses have personal relationaships with employees
Pros
very comforming to your personal schedule
Cons
very busy holidays
Sales Associate
Candy Shop Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 5, 2018
- typical day consists of staying busy between customers as well as side work
- I learned to be patient
- Management lacks in judgment as well as professionalism
Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYMarch 22, 2018
Managed really well. All workers were required to have outstanding customer service, which made the workplace environment better.
I was given great hours and was allowed to cover shifts.
The work wasn't bad but the management was poor
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYMarch 16, 2018
The manager seemed to not care about the employees or his job in general which in turn made it a toxic environment. The work wasn't bad and my co workers were very nice but the management ruined the job.
Great culture and relatively good compensation
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYFebruary 21, 2018
When I graduated college, I had been looking for a job for a while, and happened upon working in the deli at Adam's Fairacre Farms. I will not specify which location, because most locations are very similar in both store layout and culture. That said, over my year and a half of employment there, I mainly had to worry about customer service. If you are decent with dealing with customers, you should do very well at Adam's. You just need to be quick on your feet.

Management is good on all levels, as well, and can both be friendly and professional. The culture at the store is very friendly and down to Earth. I've made some long time friends while working at Adam's, which is something I never expected from working in a deli. The annual holiday party is one of the most fun things you'll ever go to. People get wild, and it's a night most people would never expect from Adams' Fairacre Farms. The most enjoyable part of the job are the coworkers. The worst part, at least for working in the deli, was that it was very tedious and the number of customers could be out of hand, especially if they order a ridiculous amount of things or if they ask for those things to be prepared in an unusual way. The pay is decent for what it is, and if you are more of a senior employee there, they will definitely treat you well.
Pros
Culture, employee discount, management, decent hours
Cons
Somewhat low pay, physical labor, occasionally rude customers
Work Environment
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYFebruary 4, 2018
I can say working at adams was a good experience. I learned a lot of new skills within the Deli Department that i didn't know nothing about before and became comfortable with the job
Family Friendly Atmosphere
Garden Center Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NY 12550January 15, 2018
When working at Adams Fairacre Farms you build a family. Your job not only brings a pay check in each week but also builds your people skills and builds a second family.
Pros
Easy to talk to management, flexible
Worst and best parts of my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 3, 2017
I worked here for 7 years and they fired me because I received 2 complaints from customers in one day. The weekend before Thanksgiving. Siding with the customers instead of me was the worst part of my job.

My regular customers who always come to my line, give me hugs, wish me happy birthday were the best part of my job.
overall good
Evening supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 9, 2017
overall a good place the owners really do care. can be a cesspool of rumors and drama. some co workers leave alot to be desired and that is probably the hardest part
Great for young people looking for something to start
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 28, 2017
I worked in different aparment, and over the course of time Iwas there i had different manager, so the work experience varied. Favoritism seemed to be a theme in the environment as well.
Pros
Discounts, and insurance benefits
Cons
No room for improvment, low salary
Fun working enviroment, high managment turnover due to lack of skills
Food prep and cooking (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 25, 2017
fun environment to work in. owners provide good benefits package.
My department had high turnover of management due to lack of management skills.4 managers in 5 years.
Friendly workplace
New hire trainer and Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Adams is a very nice place to work. They have the best customer service that they want to make sure customers have their memorable shopping experience. The owner is always presents and they are involved in the daily operations of the store. They have a fair benefits and concern about their employees. They also offer class for a work related advancement .
Great Working Atmosphere
Driver/Florist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 31, 2017
For a retail workplace, it was one of the best ones I have ever worked at. It was very fast paced and busy, but I was given the room to advance. Management was wonderful.
Pros
discounts, great work environment
Cons
no set schedule
Keep quiet and all is well
Peon (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 23, 2017
Strong workers face a double edged sword they rely solely on you for most tasks and give you a hard time when you need days off. High turnover rates.
Pros
20% discount, weekly pay, 401K match
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive, micro-management, too many bosses
Friendly Coworkers and good working atmoshphere
Dishwasher/Food Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 8, 2017
Friendly co-workers, pleasant to work with, and a nice overall working atmosphere. Manager was a good person, got along well. Manager had good leadership skills. Kitchen was a well oiled machine.