ADAPT Community Network Employee Reviews

A lot of work for little pay
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 15, 2018
I enjoy working for this company, the clients I work with are great and watching them progress is a great feeling. Compensation is low as an assistant
Pros
Day schedule with weekends off
Cons
Low pay and half hour lunch break
It's a difficult but fulfilling job
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
As a community habilitation specialist, I got to work with incredibly bright individuals with varying levels of ability. The work was difficult and frankly, direct care specialists are not compensated enough for the work they do -- this is an industry issue, however. My supervisors were nothing short of excellent. The individuals I got to work with every day were excellent.
i learned how to team work with other co staff and learning from the experiences of other people
Day Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 25, 2018
. My typical day at work is Mondays. it gets very busy but fun because i like to do academic learning event as part of my personal special skill among the individuals that i serve.
.i learned how to team work with other co staff and learned from the experiences of other people.
. the management really work with staff in order to know more on how to work with individuals.
. The work place culture is about being respectful to the staffs and talking about ethical issue.
. i do not see any part of the job that is hard
.The most enjoyable part of the job is when the management give me the opportunity to run an educative event and present individuals with company prizes
My review
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Adapt Community Network is an amazing agency. They do however employ people on a supervisory level that are less than professional in their day to day interactions.
Culturally Bias Workplace and Cheap Raises for the amount of Work
RESIDENTIAL CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 4, 2018
There is better management and a more welcoming environment in other not-for-profit organizations. They are culturally bias and the Program Directors do not have the employees and clients best interest at hand.
hope it gets better for the sake of the children
Certified Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2018
stressful environment everyday. lack of support
children placed in wrong settings
lack of support for students and parents
i did my best to enjoy the time with the children and my job
teachers are hired based on credentials and not experience.
Learning environment
Residential Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
I love this job. Even though the wages are low, I always look forward to coming to work. They are serious about promoting from within the company. If you love to help people, this is the job for you.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Get paid minimum wage as RPS
defined organizational structure
Electronics Program Analyst and Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
a typical day at work encompasses problem solving and learning simultaneously. Our departmental is very structured and professional where workers have independence.
Great Co workers
REHAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2018
My co workers were very nice, and willing to help when needed. I was grateful for their patience and knowledge in the filed. I felt that management could've been a bit more professional and on top of the residents more.
The Day at Adapt Communtiy Network
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
The Individuals we serve are the best. The work day can be very busy and have a lot going on but the Individuals make it all worth it. Always feels good to know you have done something good.
Pros
paid 30 mins lunch
Cons
a lot to deal with
productive workplace
Resident Program Specialist/AMAP Certified (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2018
Great place to work to teach patience with management. Lack of professionalism at some locations. However at my new location there isn't that problem.
Typical 9-5. Very Structured and a bit robotic
Manager (Habilitation Specialist) (Current Employee) –  175 Lawrence Avenue, Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2018
The company provides great security. The company does lack breaks for the employees, which is a bit of a bother. Overall the company is a GREAT company to work for.
Pros
Great job security and benefits
Cons
Lack of lunch breaks.
Stressful residence manager
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Overall, it is a decent place to work.
A typical day involves computer work, safety inspections, answering phone calls. Hardest part of the job is filling the schedule weekly, especially due to the staffing shortages and call outs. Most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding feeling of helping people with disabilities.
Pros
Discounts, rewarding
Cons
On call 24/7
Poor pay
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Too many meetings, not enough time to perform work functions, poor training and organizational development
sink or swim

Bullying from Directors, and coworkers
operations manager turned a deaf ear

no flexibility with space for candidates to apply
Pros
non
Cons
no time for lunch break
Productive for the individuals
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Everyday was a good day when i would make an individual smile, or when they would be able to complete a task that was not able to be done the week before.
Pros
Helping an individual
Cons
Low pay, Alot of injure
my day at work
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2018
My days at work is all hands on and fast pace some are not. I enjoy working with my individuals because to see them smile and laugh is just priceless.
Pros
you feel good about yourself
Cons
olny half hour break
Horrible work environment
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2018
This has been the worst, saddest place I have ever worked in my life. Very few workers care for the children/ teenagers. People talk down on those with disabilities. There is absolutely no management or structure. The workers are all miserable, nobody smiles and everyone talks about you. The worst part were how the children were treated.. broke my heart I had to leave.
I would recommend
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Not a bad organization areas of improvements in regards to job culture and respect in the workplace and transparency in policies and regulations. I would recommend otherwise
it was okay for what it was
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
i wish i got paid more for this job it can be stressful at times when understaffed in which we almost always are but other than that my coworkers helps making my day go by
I hope you like driving and give him meds cuz you're going to do it all the time
Residential Program Specialist (Teacher) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2017
Worst job I ever had the only great thing come out of it is the individuals but some of them were even just intolerable management made it hard to work there in the best day of my life is when they fired me I was jumping for joy it was like a burden off my chest
Pros
Short breaks short lunch
Cons
Worst Healthcare in the world worst pay look for something else or it'll be your nightmare