Adaptive Rehab Services

Adaptive Rehab Services Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
Featured review
Adaptive Rehab Services selected this as a representative review
Adaptive is a fast paced therapy company who focuses on the whole patient from long term to acute skilled side. They offer extensive education and tools to be successful in my role and they also have an advanced clinical team (discipline specific) to assist whenever needed. I feel confident in my abilities to be a well rounded therapist because Adaptive allows me to support the needs of the resident and put them first.

Productivity standards are normal for a SNF setting and very achievable despite varying patient needs.

I feel lucky to be a part of such a wonderful company - for those that do not, I say this - "Some people could be given an entire field of roses and only see thorns in it. Others could be given a single weed and see a beautiful wildflower". Perception is directly related to joy. Adaptive Rehab allows me to feel joy by caring for my residents in my own capacity.
Pros
Flexible, Good PTO/Benefits
September 21, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful review! It is great to hear about your positive experience with Adaptive.
Unfortunately this company only sees dollar signs, with little care for its patients or therapists. Instead of supporting its essential staff, we are told to be happy we haven’t had pay cuts!! Upper management is poorly run and company has unrealistic productivity expectations. Constantly feeling overworked and under appreciated! Our Regional Director is unprofessional and has expectations not only she can keep up with. The company would rather look for a new (cheaper) hire than advance any of its already hard working employees.
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, no room for advancement
These people hired me, requiring me to pay for pre-emplioyment tests, background checks...they pulled out of the contract last minute and guess what!?! The crooks refuse to reimburse me! RUN from these animals!
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Theie existence on earth
One of the worst companies! The do not know what the are doing and blame it on the management staff. They are not prepared to make their employees successful and will drop you as fast as you get hired with no warning! Terrible, worst experience ever I regret ever working for them!
Pros
Cons
Deceitful unrealistic expectations
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I was hired less than 1 year ago and have had 2 different regional and DOR’s that come along with new “policies”. The company does not care what’s appropriate for the pt despite evaluating therapist thoroughly educating managers about pt status and why they aren’t appropriate for 68 minute to sessions. When I was first hired here I was asked to change minutes days after tx had occurred in order to meet the next rug level. I explained that I would not being doing this as my pr was not appropriate to continue to for that day. This company is highly unethical. They don’t advocate for their staff and they look for the quickest/easiest way to make a dime. Recently the FULL TIME evaluating therapists were told that they were only allowed to do evaluations, progress notes accompanied with 10th visits, and discharged accompanied with 10th visits. They were no longer allowed to treat their patients. When managerial staff was questioned they were told that it could not be provided to them in writing but “this policy has always been in place”. When the evaluating therapist explained that these were not the terms/conditions they were hired under no one could answer questions or provide anyone with an explanation as to why this was happening. The full time therapists especially evaluating therapist are used. PRN therapists are constantly getting hours over full time therapist. MY ADVICE: STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Great CoWorkers
Cons
No advocating for patient/staff, Poor management at facility and regional level, Poor pay, Not allowed to use earned PTO as needed.
This use to be a great company to work for, they grew to fast and only care about bottom line. The regionals in Maryland are not easy to deal with. High productivity expectations
Pros
Various locations
Cons
Management difficult to wirk with
If you want to work for a company that does not value your experience and hard work, that consistently asks you to work unethically, does not allow you to use PTO and then does not “roll over” or reimburse for PTO at the end of the year, and has possibly the worst HR department in the world, Adaptive Rehab is for you!
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Terrible HR, unethical, awful PTO policy.
BEWARE! Poor training provided, poor management, and they do not support employees. My training was given by a regional manager who was on her phone and laptop taking calls, answering e-mails, and on conference calls 90% of the time. The company continues to get new facilities they can not staff.
Higher ups do not appreciate you as an employee. All about profit and productivity standards. Unethical expectations. Complain when you want to take PTO. Constantly changing policies. HR is non responsive even to DOR. Always messing up paychecks or not giving them at all for days past check date. Always changing employees in HR.
Very disappointed with the huge pay cut.
It was difficult to log on to the insurance site.

The company only offers one insurance plan. The cost to add insurance for a spouse or a child/children is outrageous!
September 21, 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience and value your feedback. As a growing organization, we strive to stay competitive in the market when it comes to our benefits. We are constantly evaluating how we can expand and improve upon our current offerings.
Rapidly growing company with fair hourly wages. Due to the rapid growth frequent policy and company changes was difficult to adjust to. Would like to have had better insurance policy
Pros
worklife balance, great inhouse team
Cons
frequent changes to policies and procedures
The “powers that be” above my DOR do not care about their employees. They seem to see all therapists as replaceable. 92% productivity for PTAs and 85% for evaluators. Double standards. During PDPM changes they gave many full time employees a 1 hour notice but when I asked for just a change in status from FT to PRN during the covid 19 pandemic they ‘require’ a 30 day notice to get any PTO pay out.
September 21, 2020
We value feedback from our team members and will share your review internally. In the meantime, I encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager. If you feel that is not possible, please reach me at bkotecki@continuinghcpartners.com
Company is very greedy. Puts profit making over what's should be most priority patient care! Not loyal to emploees all they are concerned about is employee productivity. Dont care about your well -being. Their main concern is productivty over coronaviris health concern
This company bought out the company I had originally been hired by. There were promises made to those of us who were staying on as staff that were then walked back, such as pay cuts, productivity expectations, splitting positions, etc.
unethical
punitive

corrersive

refused to advocate to pt's rights

manipulative

stated would match 401K investment, withheld from check, but did not deposit into accounts

I could not say enough to warn you away from this company

zero accountability
What was a fun enjoyable culture has now taken a drastic turn. Corporate management rules with an absolute destructive mindset. Employees are written up so often that HR has mentioned they’re to busy processing the write ups to fully handle their other department needs. This is the graveyard of entrepreneurial mindset...
Adaptive Rehab has been a great company to work for. I felt like I was part of a team from day one. I have had the opportunity to advance in the company thanks to the education and leadership skills I was provided by the company. If your looking for a company that promotes teamwork, appreciates their employees and the opportunity to grown this is the company for you.
After 7 mos of foolishly waiting for this company to honor their promises, I quit! We reported a grossly unethical regional manager, and he was removed from the building. Within 3 months, he was brought BACK to our bldg, doing the same unethical, intimidating and "productivity" focused BS!!! HR did not ever say a word to my 2nd grievance. This company does NOT care about its employees NOR the patients but only about THEIR bottom financial line... I was told "do as your told or leave". So me and my license are safely GONE!!
I don’t know why they advertise positions with benefits because they will not provide you with any health ins. Terrible terrible HR. Fires employees without any given notice and without providing a reason.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Couldn’t care less about their employees
Sneaky, not ethical , you will be forced to do work off the clock,during lunch, or from home if you want to keep your job. They do not care about quality only care about who will work the cheapest. They let go 40% of therapy full time. They now focus on PRN for 70% of coverage so they pay NO benefits . Patients suffer under this company, businesses put themselves at risk using Adaptive. Very high turnover.
I previously wrote a positive review of this company, however, my thoughts have drastically changed over the past 5 months with new management & leadership. Unfortunately, Adaptive has shifted in the opposite direction from when I was hired. Margins, lack of pay, overworked & under paid with increase in demand with less focus on patient care. Very sad for a growing company.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Underpaid, unappreciated