Adara Home Health Employee Reviews

Dont Work Here
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 17, 2018
The company is very hectic. They pay okay for the most part but they dont always pay for travel time between clients and they dont do mileage reimbursement. They clients have a wide variety of disabilities, however, I believe there are truly some that are just lazy and want someone to clean their house for them.
Enjoyable and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNOctober 25, 2018
The day begins with getting report from the Nurse before, followed by assessments and VS S. Checking the ventilator settings and all the needed supplies including the emergency ones. e.g am-bu bag, suction kids, /machine etc. The daily calendar for any appointments / scheduled activities. The management have put in place every protocols to guide us in our duties. The culture is all inclusive - no discrimination ,good work ethics and team work. Once in a while an AID may not show up and you have to do everything for the patient. I enjoy working in an environment where most employees work as a team. Stuff report to work on time and you leave on time. I enjoy when the clients needs are met each time I work.
Pros
Pto, Mielage reimbursemant
Cons
0 breaks
Love this job. I only left because they had no clients near me
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNOctober 23, 2018
Great communication skill with the scheduling manager. I left because my client's caretaker was very controlling, inconsistent, bipolar, and wants all male nurses ( I am female). When a male nurse comes in an hour late, the caretaker just jokes with him. The male nurse always call in and never documents and the caretaker had kept him for over 3 years. She only wants male nurses. There are also backstabbing co-workers who wants your hours as well. So be careful on what you say to them when changing shift. The company itself is amazing. I loved my client; just not the awful care taker. I wish prhc had more clients near where I lived.
Pros
401k, scheduling manager, charting, pay
Cons
Clients, co-workers
It is a fun place to work.
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 2, 2018
As an experienced registered assistant, I interacted with nice and and coperative CNA who were very nice, warm and cordial to crown it all respectful. It was a friendly and serious working environment.
Pros
Once in a while we have social events for both staffs and residents
Cons
Behavior challenges especially in memory care units
Excellent, caring, professional office staff
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 15, 2018
I have been with this company off and on for the last 16 years and have been treated with nothing but the utmost of respect. They are flexible, caring and support their employees.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Good people and good job
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, MNMay 13, 2018
I like the job, It has helped me learn more about the heathcare system and working for people from their homes. The staff are very friendly, helpful and caring and I would reccomend working here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not guarenteed hours
Do point of care documentation even if pt has to wait
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Management was very receptive to my concerns. I was in a rural area so there was quite a bit of time that the patient's just sat while I tried to drive
Pros
sj;;lrtkve co=workers and friends. Not somewhere
Cons
documentation system internal errors
Poor management and work ethic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2018
The people in my local office were very unprofessional. I would be scheduled somewhere and then hours before I was to leave for work I was told that something came up and I no longer had hours to work that day. Management would not stick up for us when we tried to just do our jobs and be told that we couldn't do things that way. When we did take complaints to management nothing changed even though they pretended to care.
Benefits were very expensive and not really worth it. Pay was average for most home health care agencies but still not enough for what we walked into most days. I loved my clients which was why I stayed for as long as I did. If not for them I would have been gone within the first month.
Pros
Wonderful clients.
Cons
Unprofessional, bad scheduling, little to no management backing up the workers
Fast paced office
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNFebruary 2, 2018
Customer Service duties, Staffing and phone triage

Computer skills, Recruiting and orientation of new Employees, background checks for all employees, filing of Medical records.

Caring Nurses

Fastpaced highstress job, detail oriented

Enjoyed talking with clients and being able to meet their needs.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Long work hrs, on call
Worst place work for
Homemaker/ HHA (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Work for company for two years before a new manager took over, She was all about the money and not helping clients . Wouldnt even listen to her own employees , Clients would call about issue and she ignore it , and when you were falsley accused of things she wouldnt even give you chance to explain you
Great place to work!
LPN CC II (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Excellent management team and a great job for work life balance. I enjoyed working with different clients in the home care environment and felt that all of my coworkers were compassionate and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Takes a very long time to get your first paycheck.
Care for patients in home settings, major focus on med management and teaching
Home Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 14, 2018
Management poor, Major focus on disease process teaching and med teachint/setup, poor orientation and management. Did learn how to do wound vacs and IGG infusions
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary pay, docked for not meeting 40 hours
Do not work here
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 12, 2018
The management was a joke. They never told the clients when you called in, so I had clients calling me all day yelling at me for not being there even though I called in. I don't believe that I was paid fairly for the amount of work I put it. I requested to not work with clients who were hoarders or heavy smokers (I have a hard time breathing in environments like that) yet those were all the clients they sent me too, even though there were others available.
Pros
Cons
bad management, low pay, horrible communication
Employees are wonderful to work with
PDN Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Although the employees were wonderful to work with, the work/home life balance is terrible, the demand is way too high. I would not recommend this company for employment.
Terribly organized, constantly making changes to systems and job requirements
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2017
Upper level management was less than 30 years old with little to no experience in management. They were always changing what they stated was required of their employees. Changed computer systems (charting systems) twice during my less than one year employment. Hope they've since figured it out.
Great office staff, great clients, easy charting.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 28, 2017
Office staff is always friendly and there for you if a problem arises. Clients are very diverse, but extremely rewarding to work with. Easy charting. ICARE benefit. PTO for full time employees. Flexible schedule. Overall great company who really cares about it's clients and staff. Only bad thing is if a client cancels, you lose out on hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, charting, clients, Pto, managment.
Cons
Occasional loss of hours.
Poor Management/Sceduling
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2017
Your schedule is never the same. You will be asked to drive all over the place
Very forgetful. Patients are often complaing.
Promise you incentives that you never get unless you keep asking
Pros
Super flexible schedule
Cons
Driving, pay, scheduling
Typical day at Prairie River Home Care
Assist one client (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNSeptember 28, 2017
This was a 24 hour care in the home of one client.
Assisted 1 client with meds, meals, medical appointments to chemo
therapy, recreational therapy such as playing cards, shopping, visiting friends and family, taking a ride into town. Made home made meals like chicken noodle soup. Shower and the usual ADLs. Assisted with transfers to the commode at bedside or in the bathroom.
Pros
Very laid back, client easy to get along with, free food
Cons
Suppose to get 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep but that never happened
What I Learned
RN Case Manager, Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 16, 2017
This was my first RN position out nursing school. This position taught me a whole new way to organize my day. I learned to schedule in home visits, document and make it to my next in home visit in a timely fashion.
It also improved my assessment skills, in the home there is no one else there, so I had better to a pretty good job, be accurate and thorough.
I learned to be specific and concise in my documentation and communication with others in the healthcare team.
I scheduled appointments as needed, updated providers and supervision of unlicensed staff.
Wonderful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/HHA (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNJuly 17, 2017
I love my job, the hours are flexible and that helps manage home life schedules. The hardest part of the job is trying not to get attatched to the clients.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Dont always get paid for driving to clients homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adara Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.