ADC Telecommunications Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Manager, Configuration Management (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 10, 2018
• Responsible for the overall release of all software, hardware and documentation components that made up the end product (Rationale ClearCase & ClearQuest products).
• Created weekly and monthly reporting packages of change requests issued externally by customers and problems identified internally.
• Presented weekly achievement of results to the vice president of Information Technology.
• Established and measured trends of the software development process.

Assistant Manager, Quality Management (1998–2001)
• While performing Configuration Management responsibilities, assisted in creating the Quality Management department and all necessary processes and procedures.
• Received ISO 9000 training and was part of the Internal Audit team.
• Conducted audits of vendors and followed up on necessary action items.
• Developed Continuous Quality Improvement Teams (CQIT).
• Chairman of the Communications CQIT.
Pros
Located close to home
Cons
Had to travel to Turkey 3-4 times during each year
No longer is business
Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 6, 2018
This company no longer in business. It was sold many years ago and will never re-open. It was a great company many years ago and would have stayed if still in business.
Pros
Family orientatated
Cons
Went out of business
ADC was a very good company
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA (Home Office)December 21, 2017
I really miss working at ADC. The people that I worked with were all very nice, helpful, and supportive. My Manager was demanding but always ensured that we had the resources that we needed to reach our goals.
Pros
Working with Talented people
Cons
Company was acquired by another less fun company
Nice place to work...great coworkers
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 15, 2017
My manager was great, cowokers were great. Fun technoogy to develop. Performance reviews were honest and above board. No politics or back-biting. Deadlines were realistic.
Pros
Fair and honest feedback from superiors
Cons
Can't really think of any
Developer of network infrastructure products
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 26, 2017
ADC was a developer of network infrastructure products. It encountered difficulties during the high-tech crash of the early 2000s. It was acquired by a competitor.
Good place to work with good benefites
Printed Circuit Design Specialist and Librarian (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2017
The company provided employees with safe and comfortable working environment.
The company encouraged charity through United Way and volunteer work through Habitat for Humanity.
This company no longer exist. was bought by TYCO electronics
ADC Professional Services Installer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 21, 2017
Was a great company before it was bought out. Awesome benefits, yearly profit bonuses. Employees were appreciated. Paid Holidays and time off. Great management and HR department.
Pros
Great company and benifits.
Cons
Company no longer exist.
Business is closed
Warehouse Associate/Wire Puller (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 4, 2017
This business was purchased by another company and eventually the branch in Georgia was closed for unknown reasons....................................
No longer in this area
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 31, 2017
ADC was a great company to work for until the market tanked.They had many opportunities for advancement! You could get support to learn many roles because people were very open to helping you to advance!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No longer in Twin Cities
The best job I ever had.
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2017
ADC took over PairGain Technologies and all went to down from there. PairGain was the best place I ever worked at. We were pioneers in xDSL technologies.
Pros
Excellent management.
Cons
Every changing, fun, fast paced environment
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 25, 2017
Fun friendly environment. I learned more about Management and how the different pieces of the phone company work. A typical day would be checking emails. Walking new job sites and scheduling jobs. Assigning a crew to perform work that was schedule. Driving to different job locations to oversee job performance. Do a final walk through on jobs.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Travel
good entry level telecommunications job
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  boca ratonFebruary 18, 2017
I got my feet wet on the installation side of telecom industry. learned a lot. worked with good people and I feel like I did good work for adc. would recommend the company even though it has a different name now(tyco)
Company purchased
Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 23, 2017
The company was purchased and is now owned by Tyco so I cannot provide a valid review. ADC was acquired by Tyco after I left and the management team I worked for has moved to other companies.
ADC was purchased by Tyco after I left
Strategic Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time at ADC Telecommunications from 1996-2002. The tough part was after the Telecommunications bubble bust and the company felt the pain. I left on my own but many people were laid off.
Worked with friends before i had to relocate
Field Service Technician-Level (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2016
Disappointed I had to relocate to unfamiliar state not knowing anyone, put on night shift then put on the road for 5 months solo after that.
Pros
Denver CO. has better weather than Chicago
Cons
Working nights by myself
Nice work environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMJune 16, 2016
Liked working for the company good at
Treating their employees nice environment
Safety wise co mates were nice to me the hardest
Of the day was carring alot of boxes.
a great experience
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 9, 2015
I had two sales managers 1 in Grass Valley Ca. where Nvision was located as a broadcast router manufacturer that was purchased by ADC,,

My other manager was located in Minneapolis, MN. and he handled the transitional connectors for broadcast.

it was a great marriage that did not last long enough as the stock price fell and massive layoffs occurred.

ADC bounced back later and was purchased by TYCO.
Pros
Multitask by selling direct, creating dealerships, training dealers
Cons
expense report filing took too long as web was required and I had diaalup:(
A very Detail and theorical activity
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJuly 7, 2015
It was a combination of office work writing specs for Telecommunication Eq. Installation and performing visits to the job sites on completion and or walk-thru for a new environment calculating materials/creating Detail List- Drawings and Tables for Cabling and Connection for Power/Fiber/Broadband Telecommunication Equipment Installation. The best managers I ever meat, the delegate and we were a responsible crew willing to give our best.
Enjoyable because for me the learning experience was a challenge but a magnificent opportunity to enhance my understanding in the Telecommunications/Engineering Field.
Pros
Expences covered plus bonuses and benefits
Cons
unexpected traveling
Was great
Installation Tech III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2015
Was a great company at one time. The new incarnation of this company is Bluestream and it doesn't hold a candle to what ADC was. The quality of people is what made ADC great.
It was a good place to work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 27, 2015
It was a good place to work until it was sold. Good people, good benefits and good values. Upper management deteriorated over time though.