AdCare Hospital of Worcester, Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 21, 2018
all I can say is they are a family company and when they tell you they have your back they really mean that.

the managers as well as the directors are great to work for. The CEO is the best CEO I have ever come across he knows all his employees names
The ability to help addicts to change for the better
Charge and Detox Nurse (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Adcare is a different kind of place to work. You either love it or hate it. I loved it. I was able to be apart of a group of nurses and doctors help change the life of the patients. The addict is a different type of patient than most hospital receive for care. Some are healthy and and either young or old, but they all have the disease of addiction. This makes it trying to take care of them. Drug addicts want everything right now, instant gratification. Alcoholics will not tell you how they feel. You have to know how to read people. I learned a lot while working at Adcare about people as patients and staff as care givers. You really have to love your work to be able to take care of such a diverse type of patients.
Pros
Great team of staff nurses
Cons
need better nursing supervisors
Good placee to work
Substance Abuse Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work and the clients are great .The hardest part of the job is they have a point system that you have to meet to keep your job. They have great managers .
Great coworkers and clients. Disappointing management
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2017
I loved the actual work as well as my clients and peers. I have never been so disappointed in an organization for it's lack of support to employees as I was AdCare. As a company that prides itself for its support of recovering persons, one would expect management to support its own employees in recovery. Do not choose this company if you expect to be treated with any compassion, loyalty or even professional courtesy.
Pros
Decent salary, great clients and coworkers, can work with groups as well as families and individuals
Cons
Management cannot be trusted, they may be dismissive at best and abusive at worst
Good place to work.
Detox Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 11, 2017
This is a great facility, great place to work. As in every job go there to collect a pay check not make friends. Management is great they care about there staff.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
staff
Great work environment offering a structured, consistent program for people in recovery.
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2017
This organization offers all levels of care including detox, inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient treatment. The abstinence-based programs are structured and offer consistent schedules for patients/clients. Both therapeutic and psycho-educational groups are offered as well as individual and family therapy sessions.

Caseloads are reasonable with adequate time available to complete all necessary paperwork. Both individual and group supervision are offered. Management staff are all knowledgeable and most hold certification and professional licenses in the field of addictions treatment.

Overall, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Knowledgeable Management Staff, Great Learning Environment with Growth and Advancement Opportunities, Provides all levels of care
Cons
Low Compensation
Great staff but workload unmanagable
former staff (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 13, 2017
The staff are wonderful very committed to the patients. The direct supervisor was also very nice. Unfortunately being a for profit it was all about the dollars. The workload was unrealistic. Everyone was under a lot of stress and it sometimes came out. The quality of care was very good.
Pros
staff
Cons
about the money for the owners
AdCare Hospital is an excellent place to work
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 25, 2017
Excellent management, supporting teams and it is very rewarding helping people get the help they need. Also enjoy presenting our services to the folks in our communities so they know what resources are out there. I love my job and hope to be here for a long time!
Pros
Flex work schedule, great management
Cons
Can be a lot of travel
Great place to work for, wonderful benefits.
Community Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester MassachusettsMay 10, 2017
I have been with AdCare for several years.
Working for a family owned business is wonderful. I found that we are treated as family as well.
AdCare has been helping others for over 40 years . As a Community Service Representative It is great to be able to speak to referral sources and hear how happy they are with AdCare. AdCare's reputation is second to none.
Management at AdCare treats you with respect, and fairness.
The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with referral sources and informing them of our services.
Pros
great insurance
not a good place to work
Outpatient Secretary (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 4, 2017
In my experience at this it was not a really good company, the culture was not good and managers were always in a bad mood and complained about other managers.
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 2, 2017
I started working here 2 years ago and am so happy I did. Management cares about employees that work hard and take care of them. Very generous time off policies. Decisions are made locally in the best interest of the community and employees.
Pros
Vacation and time off. Management cares and listens. Free CEU opportunities.
Cons
Sometimes it is hard to work with addiction patients.
Working with Substance Abuse
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 1, 2017
I very much enjoyed working in the Human Services field, especially with Substance Abuse. It was wonderful working to help these patients get well. Knowing that a patient is active in recovery, and that you helped, is the greatest accomplishment!
Pros
working with patients
Cons
terrible direction, poor attitudes of supervisors, discrimination based on health insuance
Over worked under paid
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2017
They want admin assistants on the cheap. Expected to bend over backwards to accommodate, but not much in return. Very very busy, expect to do the job of 4 people.
Pros
Not much
Cons
everything
Management is great! Loved the job!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 24, 2016
Great place to work. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients at very low points. The pay was great, full benefits, flexible work schedule.
Pros
Great environment, great coworkers, great management
Cons
No room for advancement for administrative staff
Fast paced Outpatient Clinic
Outpatient Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJuly 13, 2016
High level of knowledge about Substance Abuse Treatment needed. Must enjoy doing multiple groups each week. Strong boundaries and individual work ethic required. Supportive team.
Very Busy and Energetic place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01605March 4, 2016
Once you punch in get ready to use all your brain cells because
you will be on your toes all day with mathematical problems and or crazy questions from our patients that have you pulling you hair, but by the time its at the end of the day you feel totally satisfied and overwhelmed all at the same time that you have had a successful day.
Pros
You answered all the questions asked by all the patients calls that day.
Cons
you might not complete your work flow you set out to complete for that day.
Hectic
Physician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 1, 2016
For profit detox hospital with hectic schedule with large patient volume. Hours were somewhat flexible. You leave when you're done.
Pros
6-7 h days
Cons
call was brutal
Nice place to work .
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 12, 2015
this is the kind of company that seeks liscenced proffesionals to work as c.n.a's and nurses to fulfill the staffing needs of the company . dosent pay well and the incentive are low .
Fast Pace, Stressful at times
Part time, Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  BostonJuly 24, 2015
management can be very iffy, tricky about what they want at times, and can be confusing
I did learn a lot being here. can be fun at times but also very stressful and sometimes the lack of help SUCKS!
Very busy and fast paced environment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 21, 2015
A typical day at work is to follow up with the financial classes that you are assigned. Reviewing the patients accounts along with billing inpatient and outpatient stays on a daily basis. Multi-tasking and communicating with insurance representatives are skills that are absolutely needed in order to perform this job.
Pros
Employee of the Month program
Cons
Half hour lunch goes by fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdCare Hospital of Worcester, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

AdCare Hospital of Worcester, Inc. Reviews by Location