Addison-Penzak JCC Employee Reviews

A wonderful non-profit to work with!
Development Director (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 24, 2018
Having worked in the non-profit world for many years JCC Los Gatos stands out as one of the best. The work culture & values (taking care of your mind~body~family), it's members, the values of Judaism, the clear and professional leadership, and inclusion and value of each staff member makes the JCC an awesome place to work.

The programs offered at JCC Los Gatos are contemporary and have the entire community in mind. They serve preschool children, their families, teens, adults, and older adults all with dignity and kindness.

One of the biggest challenges is the cost of living in the Bay Area - due to Silicon Valley's tech and for-profit wages and the fact that JCC Los Gatos is a community center serving the community as a non-profit.
Pros
Membership for staff, supportive work culture, many holidays, the best community center is Los Gatos and beyond!
Cons
The cost of living in Los Gatos vs non-profit wages.
Nice facility and co workers but that's about it
Anon (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJuly 30, 2018
Pay is bad for what they want you to do (and considering how nice the facility is). The second star is only because my co workers were pleasant to be around. No benefits at all unless you work a certain amount of hours and even the benefit/discount from that isn't very good (some positions aren't even eligible for basic incentives regardless of how many hours you work). If you're low on the JCC hierarchy then don't expect significant raises (I got a $0.25 raise after 1-2 years which they patted themselves on the back for). The employees are pretty nice but you feel very disposable in this work environment and there aren't many incentives to keep you around. They also don't pay for your (sometimes mandatory) lunch break even though they don't pay you much to begin with. I only stayed for awhile because I was able to work flexible hours with the position I had.

Want to know more about Addison-Penzak JCC?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addison-Penzak JCC. Our community is ready to answer.

Addison-Penzak JCC Reviews by Location