Addison Group Employee Reviews

Conventional residential mortgage loan office
[Property Manager, (Owner) (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 31, 2018
small business mortgage loan office servicing great Boston Metro area.

Doing mortgage presentation to Realtors, business groups, church groups and banks w/o a mortgage loan department

I owned the company and established the management culture i learned from my years in management with IBM. We believed that if you feed someone they eat for a day, teach them to fish and hey eat for a lifetime.

Hardest part was when we had to to NO to a client who wasn,t willing to wait and get a better loan from us and ended up over their heads in a bad mortgage loan.

Watching the joy of clients who get the home of their dreams after being told NO from other mortgage brokers.
Pros
Helping others clean up their credit and become home owners. Unlimited compensation.
Cons
stress if you dont have a good, work life balance.
A little too "chill" of a work environment, but not.
Internal Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002January 3, 2019
If you're ranked in a lower part of the "team", don't count on moving up much.
When you get told about a "laid-back" approach, it's a trap to get you to make a fool of yourself.
If you want to work for people that take themselves way too serious, work here for sure.
Job culture is highly superficial and like working in high school.
Management also does nothing when it comes to what's appropriate and inappropriate amongst internal employees.
Pros
Hours are solid, nice people, can be easy some days(very little)
Cons
Nitpicking when it comes to PTO, don't count on HR, feels like high school
Remote Opportunity, Micromanagement by Client
Application Specialist / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
My client was very enjoyable throughout most of the consulting opportunity.

In the end, management changes made it rather difficult and the culture changed. The work environment became frustrating as the new management preferred a micromanagement style of engagement. As an application developer, continuous interruptions caused extensive delays in producing and satisfying coding needs.
Pros
Remote position, flexible work hours
Cons
micromanagement
Very professions staff and a nice office environment
Network Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL 60018December 20, 2018
Addison Group is an excellent company to work for... However, Addison Group placed me at MB Financial Bank as a contract-to-hire employee.

MB Financial Bank, is the company I am working for and it is a great company to work for. The company is ranked as one of the top 25 companies to work for and I totally agree with the rating. The people are all very friendly and the company has great benefits.

I hold the Addison Group and MB Financial Bank in the highest regards...
Benefits
Customer Service/CBO Biller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
The company pays well. I worked for Addison for Methodist Hospital and my manger at Methodist was awesome. I learned new ways to do things that would allow me to advance in so many ways. A typical day would consist of billing accounts, reviewing accounts, escalating to next level. The work place culture is amazing. It is a very diverse workplace.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometimes they don't respond to calls or find a new assignment right away.
Great company match for my skill set
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2019
I felt I was matched well for my skill sets, I enjoyed a full day with the company I was sent to. I was able to learn new skills and procedures at a comfortable pace with my Supervisor as well as a very well balance diverse group of co-workers. I also appreciated that my staffing supervisor followed up frequently to make sure things were going well. The hardest part of the job was leaving because it was a Temp. position The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people.
Pros
Open communications with staffing specialist. Great placement.
Cons
Having to deal with a different staffing agent if your was on vacation.
Hardest part of this job
RN TelephonicTriage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 5, 2018
The hardest part of this job was that it was contract position. I went in knowing that this position was contract and was only going to last 13 weeks.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Benefits not great
Corey Johnson in Houston was excellent
contract employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Excellent follow through with job possibilities. Notified me when any new opportunities opened. Excellent phone demeanor. Caring and efficient environment.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Wanted longer assignment.
HORRIBLE!!! Incompetent group of employees
contractor (Former Employee) –  dupage countyOctober 24, 2018
The worst group of recruiters I have ever dealt with. I am doing everything but they dropped the ball. They have passed me to 4 different people cause they can't figure out how to help. They have no back up plan. After 10 phone calls to the main number to try and move forward they transfer me again and again. II suggested a set tme for the woman to call me. Since they can't even think of that themselves!!!!! Now the call drops.... In fact they do not understand their own system and never get back to you in a timely manner. I have several friends who need a job but I can't recommend this company. Worse experience ever! .
Exceptionally unprofessional
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2018
This company is all about politics. The management is terrible. I have never seen managers cuss so much directed at their own internal employees. You can go as high up as the VP and nothing is done.
Pros
Free food, days off
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful managers, forced to stay late/come in early, expected to reply to emails after hours

Want to know more about Addison Group?

Ask a question
Great place to work for a contract employee
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
I normally work at my assignment, get my instructions from my supervisor on any pressing issues. I learned the value of asking the important questions as it pertains to my assignment. Most of my fellow employees are personable and compassionate about their job. The hardest part of the job is that that no one is irreplaceable and when the assignment is completed, it's onto the next assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you're needed to compete a task and the pay is great.
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
limited long term assignments
Bad Job Placement Agency
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 23, 2018
Placed me one time in a company where the employees were allowed to drink alcohol all day and the management was abusive. They only contacted me for low paying jobs that I was clearly over qualified for.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Too many to count
Great Place to work!
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2018
Great work hours. Most positions are Monday through Friday with weekends off. Which I really enjoy so that I can attend church and other family functions. Great compensation in pay and benefits
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Distance from my home
Fast-paced and productive sales environment that will challenge you and help you grow!
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Addison Group is the best place I've ever worked, and I've had several jobs over the past ten years. It's a great environment for sales-oriented individuals who want to learn and grow. The opportunities for advancement here are exceptional, and the leadership is truly invested in helping employees succeed. Those looking for a "work hard, play hard" opportunity will fit in well.
Pros
mentorship, leadership, opportunities for growth
Temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
I can't say much as my positions were very short temporary positions. I wish there were more options for Temp to Hire and so on. But at the same time, It worked for me at the time as I had temporary custody of a child in need.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short temp periods, rarely any temp to hire positions and not enough communication with the recruiters
Terrible company to work for-all promises were lies
Patient Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Everything that this company promised about the position turned out to be false. They start you making more money than what the actual company would hire you in at and then want to take away over $2.00/hr IF you are hired. They state you will be hired after 90 days with benefits starting then and now they state that is 90-8 hour days and benefits 90 days after the actual hire date. The position was temp to hire and now they are stating IF a position is actually open after you work 800 hours. There has been nothing but problems with pay and all promises and would not recommend anyone work for this company, which is not even based out of Ohio.
Strong ethical company
Human Resource Professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I worked for Addison Group on two occasions. I was treated fairly and given exceptional pay for my professional level. I was told upfront that the position was a temporary one with the possibility of hire. Unfortunately the position didn't go full time. I did the job that I was contracted to do and the management at the company was very pleased with my contribution. Because I am in Human Resources I also had the opportunity to speak with their recruiters from my position as an HR Manager. The company has a good program and has great talent to offer in a contract or permanent position.
They will not take your side over the employer no matter what
Pre-registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2018
BEWARE!!!! The recruiters are only interested in their job retention. They will tell you to let them know if you have any issues while on assignment you can call them. As soon as you make any complaints against the employer they will make up a reason to end your assignment. Then they tell you they will no longer represent you because you were let go from a previous assignment.....This is a joke of a company. If looking for temp to hire work do not stop here.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Temp agency has no back bone and scared to stand up to the employer.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2018
Addison Group is very efficient in finding you a job full time in the field you desire. The recruiter works one on one with each of it's clients that get hired on as temp or temp to hire.
Great Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
Great company with a lot of opportunities. Friendly environment. Would recommend to a friend. Continually growing company as well. Would love to keep working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addison Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight