Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Payroll Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 7, 2018
This company provides good benefits. Beautiful building with ponds and art fixtures.Really seem to care about their employees. My position was very busy and there were only two of us doing the job. Sometimes this was very stressfu.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Addus
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 3, 2018
I loved my client I was taking care of. I had to resign due to poor management and communication. I was never informed of training new employees. I would travel to the client's house and see a new face sitting in the living room upon my arrival. I trained 5+ people in 4 months with no advancement of salary. The new hires were not reliable, which poorly reflected management for hiring them. The office for the manger was very disorganized.
Pros
excellent hourly wage, lovely clients
Cons
poor management, poor communication, management lack of interest in the clients
Big Turnover
HOMEMAKER (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 2, 2018
I have worked part time with Addus Home Health Care for about 3 years or so. The in-services mandatory meetings relates to the same thing, nothing new to help the workers. Big turnover with administration. Hard to get in touch with supervisor's, barely get return call backs. No appreciation for the workers, no incentives and give incorrect information to IDES causing people to not be able to collect unemployment benefits.
Pros
Have had or still have some good supervisor's
Cons
Administration is not as organized as they should be, not enough staffing to provide all the needs of the workers or clients
Do Not Apply! Run!!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2018
This place is horrible! Management does not know what she’s doing! This company does not treat their office staff or field staff right! This job is like working in the fiery pits! No organization and you’re completely over worked! Do not apply! Run away! The company does not believe in what they portray! And if you want to work with coworkers who “ACT” completely dumb appt here! The only good thing that comes from this job is experience fir your resume!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
No respect for their employees. Awful place to be represented by.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Wa, VancouverDecember 1, 2018
Office staff needs to be retrained on professionalism both in speech, conduct and attitude. A lot of us employees stay for the wages, not for how the office staff treats their employees.
Someone needs to do a secret shopper visit on that office staff as though they want the job and really find out what it's like to be a Addus employee.
A great day at my job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Greet my consumers and prepare to start and complete the assignment that was requested and find out if additional service is to be rendered before I left the home of my consumers of 4 hours of work adn left for the day to continue mt assignment to my next consumer . I would say have a great and see on my next schedule day.The job was not hard aat all I like to clean and if I had a choice some day I would like to start my own cleaning service to help the one that can afford to pay for services rendered to clean their homes.The most enjoyabkle part of the job is when my consumers are happy withe the work.
Pros
Preparing meals
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Helping people who need help is a pleasure. Especially for those that don't have family to take care of them. Like running errands for them, keeping them company at doctors appointments and at their homes also. Cooking and cleaning for the ones can no longer do that for themselves
Ok place to work in 2011
PRIVATE HOMEMAKER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 26, 2018
I worked there a long time ago - it seemed a little bit "backwater" at the time - but most of my clients were awesome. Not all, but that is not the fault of Addus other than one of them needed more help than we could offer.
good job
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2018
if youre looking for a job to help take care of your loved one addus is the place to work. they offer flexible schedules and the ability to build and create your own schedule
Addus health care
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 19, 2018
Worked with elderly day to day, making a difference I also was given the opportunity to ensure safeness in there own home. The smile I put on there face on a daily basis was the best.
Pros
Great work environment
Stay away
Service Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2018
Addus is the worst company I’ve ever worked for as a Service Coordinator. Poor management; they tell you they’ll mold and prepare you for a higher position just so they can use you and work you till you burn out. They micromanage staff and won’t pay overtime. The extra hours you work will be with out compensation! Very, very stressful environment!
Nice place
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 14, 2018
The staff is very nice. Easy to work with. Very flexible with other jobs and school school schedules. Meeting new clients and staff is also a plus to the job.
Great people but very insufficient training.
private home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2018
They train people and send them out on hospice cases, with as little as two hours of training. Very nice clients. Most of them are ddd patients. All patients are United health care.
Pros
Very nice staff
Cons
Caregivers do not have enough training for some of the jobs.
I enjoyed being at home caring for my loved ones
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
I cared for my mother and brother and did all the daily routine like bathing, preparing meals, cleaning, dispensing medications dressing grooming. unfortunately I had to place them in a nursing home
No Issues
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2018
My only issue is the pay. It's just not a livable wage and raises are NOT attainable. Can't be very productive when you are constantly in arrears with your bills. Really good company to work for but like most they are tight with the money.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
Keep track of your hours!
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 5, 2018
They provide a great service, but this company is a mess. My hours were wrong on almost every pay check. I was hardly ever able to get a hold of my manager, because she was always over loaded with work.
Basically if you keep your head down and have low maintanence clients and do good at keep track of your hours, then you're good!
Addus
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILNovember 3, 2018
I only took this job to take care of a Family member
some people take this job because it is easy and employees make there own schedule but at the end of the day the client is the one that matters the patients need to be taken care of
over all fine
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 30, 2018
The dog runs backwards and barks up a tree often. Crazy as it seems I don't think I should have to do this. Im not interested in working for any dog barking companies at this moment.... yep
addus homecare
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at work is relaxed helping out elders with everyday needs and knowing i helped someone else day easier always make me happy. Because they can not do things for themselves so they need a helping hand
productive review
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 27, 2018
I love this company the stuff is great. The supervisor do a good job working the fields checking on their clients. When you need clients they make away to find you one and keep you with a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight