Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

No communication between unions and corporate
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 15, 2018
Unprofessional supervisor and little communication always calling out of state to corporate office that took for hours to get and answer, especially on weekends.
Pros
Did not see office on a daily basis
Cons
Last minute adjustment on schedule
Okay workplace if you like working directly with clients
Certified Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJune 12, 2018
Addus Homecare is not a bad agency I don't think. Just like any other agency you could go from having clients and hours to not having nothing at all if your client has to be admitted into the nursing home or emergency for some reason.
Compassion and Understanding
HCA (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 12, 2018
I have worked for Addus for many years. In the last few years management has gotten better and so has the pay. If you communicate and respect them (clients and management) you will receive the same in return. There are definitely more pros than cons, if you're approaching it with a positive outlook you will have a positive experience. Ask questions as often as possible as the supervisors are always busy and you are just as responsible for communication as they are. Will continue to work for Addus and refer my friends and family too.
Pros
Flexible, laid back, union, diverse, paid training
Cons
office always busy
Unstable income
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 12, 2018
For over the last 3 months I have not been getting full time. I call and ask for fill ins and am never assigned. I'm working maybe 18 hours a week. And no one can live on 18 hours a week.
Pros
Laid back managment
Cons
Short breaks, insurance, they lose your hours and mileage sheets, lack of hours
It was a nice experience
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2018
So pretty much working with addus healthcare, I would take care of my paitent make sure she's good at all times. Eating, Bathing, Cleaning for her. Take her buying groceries etc stuff like that overall.
Pros
Being Consistent
Cons
The staff
Working as a caregiver
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 5, 2018
I worked with multiple clients in a typical day, I was in charge of meeting the needs of each of my clients before I left there house. I helped with there day to day needs.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Worked 12 days on and 2 days off
Great company, great staff.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 23, 2018
I really do love working here, I just wish there was more room for growth without needing to go back to college. Best caregiving company I have worked for. Very flexible, you can pretty much make your own schedule and are not forced to work with people you don't really like. I would probably stay here forever but I am trying to see if there is something else (career wise) out there that would pay more.
Pros
Make your own schedule, decent pay for caregiving, nice staff
Cons
CNAs in general just don't get paid that well
Was a learning experience
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2018
It was the first time I had a job like that. I liked it . I got to learn new experiences I got to meet new people. The only reason I quit is because they didnt have many people for me to work with and make hours where i lived. I would have had to travel and I didn't want to do that.
Deversified..On Your Toes kind of Busy
Personal Assistant/Homemaker/Aid (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMay 20, 2018
A typical day would depend on each clients needs. Not one person had the exact same needs.

Daily routine would depend on circumstances

Example

Cooking breakfast and or lunch, preparing for dinner
Cleaning (making sure bathroom and kitchen were the cleanest of the entirety). working from cleanest area to dirtiest areas.
Assisting with bathing if necessary.
Assisting with errands such as grocery shopping and or Dr. Appointments etc.,
Confidential Recordkeeping
Pros
Helping those that want to be home and the feeling that you are doing something good for others
Cons
Hours can change frequently.Trying not to get emotionally attached
under paid,no benefits, management was fraudulent....
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  36th street Laf. In.47905May 19, 2018
I was made to do things, that were not part of my job description..... The management was not professional. The office was not ran according to rules.The office people thought they could do what ever they wanted. Favoritism was in play for some people, and not others. The business was closed, for fraudulent activities, on behalf of the management.
Pros
I got to meet alot of really nice patients
Cons
not enough pay, no benefits...
super fun working place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 19, 2018
The pay is fair, there is advancement opportunities you just have to be in good standing with all the higher ups, management could be better, time off is good, including paid vacation and paid time off, plus unpaid time off, regular over time. The benefits are also pretty good. Overall I would recommend this company, just be ready to work, like any other job.its alot companionship and knowlegde with this job
enjoyed working with the seniors
Assisted lead scheduler (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 16, 2018
my typical day was answering and resolving customer service issues. scheduling, back up caregiver. I learned I enjoyed working as a caregiver and working with people overall. the hardest part of the job was when my client passed away (natural causes) or if one of my favorite caregivers found another job.
Pros
Better Healthcare; close to my home
Cons
worked weekends
Compassionate heart giving back one client at a time.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 15, 2018
Enjoy helping the disabled/elderly in their homes. My compassionate heart allowed me to make a difference one client at a time, one day at a time. However, I didn't like the lack of advancement, pay rate, and the benefits. You have to pay dues and the union doesn't take care of you.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Lack of advancement, Union Dues or dont work there, benefits not affordable
It was a typical home health experience
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMay 14, 2018
I rarely needed to go to the office except to turn in time cards before they switched to doing it digitally. We had quarterly meeting that I was unable to attend because there was no one else to look after my grandmother while i went.
Pros
Good people, Good job
Cons
Needs better pay
home care
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
I was home care aide to a family member so it was pretty much a breeze. But you do get the option to pick up more clients. Multiple clients is the key because one client may not be approved for many hours. The more in need the person is the more hours a week.
Wonderful Love my clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 10, 2018
The ladies in the office are always helpful and nice. I love my clients. I love going in each day , to help brighten their day. I would recommend Addus to anyone looking for work.
Pros
Love my clients, pay, managment, rewarding
Cons
some days are long, wish we had vacation days
Job is sometimes relaxing and sometimes stressful
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 9, 2018
The hardest part of working as a home care worker is watching your clients health decline. The best part of the job is taking care of people you love
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILMay 8, 2018
It's a great company. Sometimes they make promises the don't keep in the branch i was working for. I worked there over a year and stayed at 15-20 hours a week the whole time even though i asked several times for another full time client. Was promised to get at least 1 more and never did. Other than that i never had a issue or concern.
Wonderfuk place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 6, 2018
Very rewarding job. I loved every moment I was there. I love my clients, I love my co-workers. Pretty decent benefits. Very flexible. Every day is a different day.
Pros
Flexible, rewarding
Cons
Some days are longer due to caregiver callouts
Not a good place to work
Recruitment Coordinator/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 4, 2018
My experience was that it was not employee friendly.
Management was top heavy. Individual locations were all run differently. Not Senior friendly, more about the money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight