Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

office and out in the field life
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 13, 2018
working in the office-
constant call ins, having to find covers for the staff that dont show up for their shift, making shcedules, handling phone calls, training classes, going out and getting new clients, always fixing payroll, being on call durng the week and weekend when it's your turn, gong to see high risk clients if you are on call and it is your client that you staff, you will also see high risk clients durning the day while you are working if a fill is not found and there is no overtime for that.

home care aides-
seeing several clients a day, cooking, light cleaning, laundry, trasportaion, medication reminders, NO CPR training and you are not allowed to do CPR on a client at all, compaionship, bathing, get paid millage but can only go out once a week.
Pros
amazing clients
Cons
the office never knows whats going on and payroll is always messed up
Good job low pay
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work and get the hang of doing home care. But the pay is really low if you have your own responsibilities and bills. Great job for a younger group who does not have bills.
Pros
Management, helping those in need
Cons
5cent raise a year, low pay
Not a good place for advancement
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 11, 2018
Not a good place for advancement but good medical benefits. Higher management have attitudes that are ridiculous and lack of care which need to be addressed.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Not a good place for advancement
Doesn't pay you for hours worked!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 10, 2018
First of all I didn't get paid for orientation that lasted 3 hours also I had to go meet with a new client for 1 hour the client lived 30 minutes away and I didn't get paid for it. I was not getting paid at all for my gas mileage but I was having to fill up my gas tank 3 times a week. My highest pay check was 430.00 for 60 hours and still no gas mileage pay. I have a family to support and I can't just go volunteer my time and my money for nothing I mean really is this place offering jobs that pay you or jobs that you pay to work at because I paid to work there basically!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Don't get paid right, don't get paid for orientation, you have to pay to work
good job
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 9, 2018
The management was very poor. The administration was very poor and unprofessional. There wasn't enough hours to work and the opportunities for more were very slim.
Pros
pay
Cons
no hours
Fun and good work place i would recommend
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 7, 2018
You need to study clients n see how they like things done and make sure they are safe and comfortable have fyn with clients and always make sure they are satified with the work you are providing for them
Adduss healthcare
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 7, 2018
Did housekeeping,transport,transfers,shopping,bathing,medication management,walking alds.the client's I had were a lot of fun,and I even got t ok have that special bond with them.
Pros
Gas mileage reimbursement
Cons
Hardly any breaks
Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 6, 2018
Did not enjoy, the travel distance between clients. Some times, there was not much for me to do. My check vary on how many clients, I got. Needed steady income
good medical experience
Feeding, Grooming, Bathing Senior Clients (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 6, 2018
Working with Addus Healthcare, allowed me to learn to care for the elderly. Being able to help other on a more personal level, humbled and grounded me. It made me realized that patient are people with lives that each of us make an impact on, whether its small or big, all that matter is that I make is a positive one.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
lots of traveling
Both physically and mentally emotional
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 6, 2018
My clients are the only reason I’m still here, I do not enjoy working for Addus. Not enough money for the work that we do. The manager is not a very helping/friendly person.
Pros
Making clients feel happy/loved
Cons
Not enough pay
Loved the job!
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2018
Mostly worked outside of the office. Made my own schedules and kept up with required paperwork. Friendly staff and good management. Keeping records of all visits could be intense. I acquired this position after a buy-out of a previous employer.
Pros
Self scheduling of work
Cons
Milage and job reimbursement paperwork
Difficult job but rewarding
In home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 30, 2018
This job was difficult in all sense of the word. Taking care of someone is not an easy job. It is very rewarding in the end though. The hardest part of this job is working one-on-one with someone then having them fall ill or unexpectedly pass away.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Losing clients due to death or hospitalization
Great Supervisor & Clients
Transport Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 28, 2018
My immediate supervisor, Transportation Coordinator, was wonderful! She's is every understanding and works with and supports her drivers.

Pay is low.
Pros
Great supervisor, wonderful clients, cool co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, some bad, unreasonable managers.
a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for them.a good place to work an meet nice clients to work for.The staff are vary helpful,my manger was the nicest person i meet.would return to them if i ever move back to chicago.
Very caring coworkers.
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 28, 2018
It is a job but more like working with your extended family. Taking care of someone who is elderly has it's challenges, but with your families support you can succeed.
Pros
The meetings are very helpful.
Overall work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 26, 2018
It was an okay place to work for nothing to bad or to good to say about the company just wished they offered more clients in my area it would be a great fit for someone in the city.
The client is never home. And manger does not like for you to make up your time lost.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJuly 24, 2018
I worked for Addus out of Montgomery, Alabama my client was in Sylacauga. She is never at home. They don't like for you to make up time. Manager was rude.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
Not being able to make up time lost.
The company never has enough employees
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 22, 2018
The company is horriable, they offer nothing to you, no rasies, no paid vacation. The Management is worthless, they only care about the paying clients
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
No lunches, never staffed, patients never get treated right, they only care about paying patients, managers never have a clue about anything, no training
Over worked and under paid
Customer Service Representative/ Home Health (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2018
Getting paid bi weekly sicked and the errors on every check was paid on the following pay period the mileage form took long to fill out and sometimes you forget because your busy transporting clients and getting them situated
Good Working Environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 19, 2018
This company provided flexible hours, excellent training, flexibility of choosing mandatory meetings that were required and the team managers were available and approachable about any concerns the employees or client's had.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight