Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  93rd and WesternOctober 15, 2018
I loved my clients, but when in need and your have to reach out to management. It was terrible, no support what so ever. You have to call and call, with no response ever and if you do get a reply it is severely delayed. You would physically need to go downtown ( spend money to catch a supervisor) to assist with any issues you might have with days off, extra days, payroll issues, etc.
flexibility, Understanding
PCA (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 11, 2018
I worked for this company for 7 years. I never had any issues. Pay was great, Clients where wonderful, other caregivers where wonderful. I Had a few issues with office staff, but for the most part they were nice and helpful.
Pros
job security, pay
Cons
office staff
Laid back
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work lots of different people to take care of could be long drives drive time is not paid for don't always work hours every week good place for someone who needs a part time job
Not a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILOctober 9, 2018
It seems as though it is the management against the field workers. I do not feel like my management is on my team. Any time I try to contact my scheduler, she is unavailable. I will later get a call from her reprimanding me for not contacting her about things although I try to. This has happened several times.
Pros
Cons
Lack of team work
Veyr productive setting to work in..
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 7, 2018
Overall Addus had a semi comfortable setting to walk into but the training provided was nonintellectual and we were not taught really anything. Pay was unconventional for this day and age of a 20+ year old to live on and have to use during the job. In addition, several of the Caregivers were placed with Clients that had a specific demeanor of the type of worker that was needed and they still failed to accommodate the Client as the Client comes first in any situation deemed appropriate. I.e. A female was placed with a Client that was a male that was red flagged as "No Female Caregivers" due to, the Client was very rude and inappropriate towards females in his home.
Pros
Fairly easy tasks assigned. Friendly employees.
Cons
Pay, hours, location for some.
It is a good experience working at Addus, learning and teaching each others
home caregiver (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 7, 2018
I like working at Addus, the client is the question some clients are worse off than others with their illness. some clients are set in their ways and no matter what you try to do to help the clients, the clients would not do, because they are losing their independent and that is not good for them.The hardest part of my job is the family of the clients, visiting the clients and helping out the clients with confident about them selves and making sure they know they are loved.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks
Flexible Work Schedule
Family Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 5, 2018
Overall good management. They did not bother you unless there were issues. Fair training and consistent with state certifications.
I just needed a more consistent schedule. Would recommend for someone needing a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours given
Productive workplace
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 4, 2018
A typical workday was going by the usually developmentally disabled with their daily activities of living, take them on any errands they need to go on if they cannot drive
Pros
being paid for mileage
Cons
not working with the same person so you do not get to know them and their habits
flexible with hours
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 3, 2018
great place to work. they were very flexible with the hours you can work. pay is decent for starting wages. you just have to stay on top of your paper work to get paid.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
some homes are nasty
Office Closed
Registered Nurse/POC RN (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 30, 2018
Typical day at work was visiting patients in their homes. I learned more about disease processes and many interventions to assist in their treatment. Management was positive except they were not able to hang on to a DON for long. The workplace culture was energetic and fun when visiting the office for supplies. The hardest part of the job for me was driving to some of the locations that the homes were located in.
Great Company
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  SoutheastSeptember 30, 2018
Great pay, Benefits, Advancement available, Job security if preforming, Senior VP DA is excellent and the reason Addus is a wonderful company. I would recommend this company if you are a hard worker and enjoy helping others.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management
Cons
24 hour on call
Relaxed and very flexible with sweet new elderly people to work for
Inhome Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 24, 2018
Started with preparing patient's breakfast and dispensing meds in weekly container. I then served patient breakfast. Then fixed bed, dumped garbage and took a dirty laundry to wash area. After breakfast I then prepared lunch if patient did not have to go out for the day for Dr.appointments. If my patient had appointments we ate out.At the end of the day I got the mail and had small talk with the patient about everything and anything going on in the world or the patient's life.(which was pretty interesting).The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk with someone of my own age,also adapting to the same ole routine day in and day out. Being left in the house alone sometimes till the end of the day, whenever one of my patient's friends or family members would take them out for the day,and my patient forgot to let me know,and they forgot where their phone was to let me know. I enjoyed time with my patient getting to know someone not only by checking their breathing and making sure they don't have an accident.But because i was there spending a couple of hours with them just listening, brought them some little joy. Also their trust in me with their life gave me joy or something. Just to be apart of something and looked at by everyone with great respect was what i was looking for. I always wanted to work in a hospital around other people and feel the same joy,but I believe learning to adapt to any surrounding place that your in at the moment is fulfillment of itself.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunches and sometimes dinners and other gifts.
Cons
No connection with others sometimes, and little payfor changing adult diapers and basically doing what nurses and maids do!
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I was not a satisfied employee. The management was terrible. Except one guy and I can’t remember his name but he left addus too. Along with the other half way decent supervisor.
Bad
Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 20, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. They say the value their employees but they don’t. Everyone is treated like a child and made to feel that there is no point in speaking up when something is wrong because upper management could care less about the issues going on beneath them.
Terrible as heck
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 15, 2018
They Mislead you in orientation like their really going to give you a full time schedule an will only end up working three or less hours a couple days out of the week. Yet they claim they have so many clients that need the service, they don’t pay you for your gas mileage AT ALL and yes my gas mileage was filled out correctly and turned in . Took them two pay periods to finally put it on my check the company is a joke. Good luck
Rude and disorganized
Homecare Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
I the Chicago office is chaos. The in-service meetings for the homecare aides are a joke. They are rude and treat us like we are nothing. The clients are the only reason I stay. I don't think it's the whole company that's flawed. I believe it's the Chicago office that needs a whole overhaul.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay and disrespect from some of the staff.
ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
IT was a okay job. Typical day at work. I just came to work and did my job and went home. Staff was okay to work with although I really stayed to myself
Good people just need more money
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMSeptember 11, 2018
Eviorment was great but need better pay job is pretty easy but can’t make it off of 1000 a month if I didn’t need to pay bills I would so stay but since my income is less then what I’m making looking for a new job
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough benefits you don’t get a lunch
Absolutely incompetent staff at addus of springfield.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 10, 2018
My time at Addus healthcare was less-than enjoyable to say the least. Complete lack of communication from supervisors to field-workers. Absolute lack of organization skills, management skills and general human interaction skills. Would never reccomend this company to anyone for any reason.
Pros
Flexible scheduling/decent insurance
Cons
Brainless supervisors/childish internal politics
Addus.
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Addus is a great company to work for as long as you go to work and do what your suppose to do you will not have any problems. the only issue I had with Addus was getting through to my supervisor by phone. they rarely answered the phone my calls were always going to the voicemail, and I seldom got a return call.

Most of the time I had to go to the downtown office in person to get my issue resolved, but outside of that Addus is a great place to work for I would recommend this company to anyone who has a loved one that needs in-home care.
Pros
No one to look over your sholder, unsupervised work environment.
Cons
can't get in touch with the suprevisors immediately by phone, and they don't return your voicemail message.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight