Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,039 reviews matching the search See all 1,041 reviews
Addus
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 3, 2018
I loved my client I was taking care of. I had to resign due to poor management and communication. I was never informed of training new employees. I would travel to the client's house and see a new face sitting in the living room upon my arrival. I trained 5+ people in 4 months with no advancement of salary. The new hires were not reliable, which poorly reflected management for hiring them. The office for the manger was very disorganized.
Pros
excellent hourly wage, lovely clients
Cons
poor management, poor communication, management lack of interest in the clients
like my job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lordsburg, NMJanuary 10, 2019
get close with my clients emotional attachment even thou we are not suppose to they grow on you it does not take any kind of knowledge to work here so any one without a record can work here
Pros
flex hours
Cons
no raises or bonuses no room for grow
Really good place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Love what I do. Management is very understanding to your needs. Union is ok. Get free health benefits though union. You don’t have a supervisor breathing down your back. Very relaxed work place.
Pros
No boss watching your every move
Cons
Can get as many clients as you want. They work with you on the hours and days you want to work.
Stay away
Service Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2018
Addus is the worst company I’ve ever worked for as a Service Coordinator. Poor management; they tell you they’ll mold and prepare you for a higher position just so they can use you and work you till you burn out. They micromanage staff and won’t pay overtime. The extra hours you work will be with out compensation! Very, very stressful environment!
No Issues
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2018
My only issue is the pay. It's just not a livable wage and raises are NOT attainable. Can't be very productive when you are constantly in arrears with your bills. Really good company to work for but like most they are tight with the money.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
Not a good place to work
Office Manager/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 24, 2018
I had flexibility to do my job however it was really underpaid and you had to be in good with the director to even try to get a pay raise which was way below the cost of living. I do not recommend it
Pros
Flexability
Cons
underpaid
Good position
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 21, 2018
Great experience with this job. If you want to pick your days and hours when your available it is possible they work with your availability. Great consistently hours per week including some weekends or every weekend. Always optional I had a medical situation at the moment while working for this employer so my clients needed someone ASAP to replace my position so I had to move on to the next job after my recovery.
Pros
Great consistentcy
Cons
No raises
Great Company
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  SoutheastSeptember 30, 2018
Great pay, Benefits, Advancement available, Job security if preforming, Senior VP DA is excellent and the reason Addus is a wonderful company. I would recommend this company if you are a hard worker and enjoy helping others.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management
Cons
24 hour on call
Addus
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2018
Good company, flexible work hours, good benefits and opportunity for advancement. Overall a good experience and commitment to the healthcare for the resident of the service area
Amazing to work for.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 17, 2018
Amazing people and benefits. I loved working there but once you quit you're done. They don't do rehires. But Cicley at the Keizer, OR one way awesome!!
Nice environment
Payroll Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 7, 2018
This company provides good benefits. Beautiful building with ponds and art fixtures.Really seem to care about their employees. My position was very busy and there were only two of us doing the job. Sometimes this was very stressfu.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Big Turnover
HOMEMAKER (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 2, 2018
I have worked part time with Addus Home Health Care for about 3 years or so. The in-services mandatory meetings relates to the same thing, nothing new to help the workers. Big turnover with administration. Hard to get in touch with supervisor's, barely get return call backs. No appreciation for the workers, no incentives and give incorrect information to IDES causing people to not be able to collect unemployment benefits.
Pros
Have had or still have some good supervisor's
Cons
Administration is not as organized as they should be, not enough staffing to provide all the needs of the workers or clients
Horrible.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILSeptember 24, 2018
The managers were horrible. The other aides were horrible. Everyone was out for themselves instead of the job and the company didn't offer raises, benefits or anything.
Not a good place for advancement
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 11, 2018
Not a good place for advancement but good medical benefits. Higher management have attitudes that are ridiculous and lack of care which need to be addressed.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Not a good place for advancement
Good job low pay
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work and get the hang of doing home care. But the pay is really low if you have your own responsibilities and bills. Great job for a younger group who does not have bills.
Pros
Management, helping those in need
Cons
5cent raise a year, low pay
Good people just need more money
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMSeptember 11, 2018
Eviorment was great but need better pay job is pretty easy but can’t make it off of 1000 a month if I didn’t need to pay bills I would so stay but since my income is less then what I’m making looking for a new job
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough benefits you don’t get a lunch
care taker
Claims Auditor / Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILAugust 22, 2018
• Audit medical charges to insure appropriate reimbursed in accordance with national/local fee schedules, UCR methodology.
• Managed complex and problematic high visibility workers compensation claims within delegated authority to determine benefits due
• Worked closely with case managers and attorneys; manage subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer service requirement to achieve the best possible outcome in the claim.
Flexible hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARAugust 20, 2018
Addus is a home health agency that offers flexible hours and great benefits. They also offer overtime hours each week. If you love the elderly and need flexible this is definitely the job for you.
The most enjoyable thing about this job was the patients that i cared for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 24, 2018
This company definitely has flexiable hours of your choice. The cons are no benefits, no room to grow within the company! I worked there for almost 6 yrs. with no raise. The people there are very pleasant to work with.
super fun working place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 19, 2018
The pay is fair, there is advancement opportunities you just have to be in good standing with all the higher ups, management could be better, time off is good, including paid vacation and paid time off, plus unpaid time off, regular over time. The benefits are also pretty good. Overall I would recommend this company, just be ready to work, like any other job.its alot companionship and knowlegde with this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Addus HealthCare, Inc..

Powered by Comparably