Adelbrook, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJuly 3, 2018
I have been employed at Ädelbrook for almost 7 years. I have actually recruited three former coworkers to come and work here based on my positive experience. I see how much the staff care about the kids served here. Unless engaged in meetings Executive Level management have an open door policy. I have personally witnessed the President/CEO have students and staff visit him. He makes a point of getting to know each youth that receives services here. The population we work with here is challenging. They present with complex and challenging disorders, making the work both difficult and rewarding. I love working here.
Pros
Caring Staff, growth opportunities, flexibility, great HR department
Stay away
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 10, 2018
If I could rate this company 0 stars I would, but that's not an option so I guess 1 star is fine, but Adelbrook doesn't even deserve 1 star honestly. Don't work here unless this is your last option or you'll regret it. If you work at the CRS it's around $13 and night shift around $14 and some change. If you work at the school it's around $14 and $16 and some change depending on the type of kids you work with. If you work at residential depending on education and shift it's between $16 and $18 and some change. The school you work the hardest and don't get paid that great which sucks. The CRS you get paid the least for doing the same job at residential if not more cause you pass medication and prepare meals you don't do that at residential. So you might as well work at residential if youre doing the same at the CRS. There are no raises or bonuses you have the same pay for years.

Management sucks they don't care about their employees or the clients they just care about the money that's coming in. So don't even bother complaining cause nothing will happen. Just expect to be treated like trash by higher ups your opinion doesn't matter. Expect to get mandated so be prepared to stay other shift. And sometimes you may not get breaks

The free foods sucks and is garbage no one should be feeding their kids. Processed chicken like products nothing is fresh and it's all donated and they repeat a 2 week cycle of the same foods over and over again and breakfast is a week cycle of the same foods.

The best part is me clocking out :)
Cons
Horrible agency to work for
1:1 Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 5, 2017
There are many things that I can say about working for Adelbrook. However, since I’ve starting working here can say that my overall experience has not be very pleasant. All too often (every day) management don’t know who’s coming in for the day. For example, they have per diem staff that pretty much come in when they want so the supervisors never know who is coming in IF they are coming in at all. If a per diem staff comes in management are surprised. There have been times that a student that requires 2 staff only gets 1 staff which means staffing is not on ratio. Staff don’t get breaks, it is very difficult to even get a bathroom break. The fight to find a staff to watch your student just so you can use the bathroom is unbelievable. I personally feel that upper management doesn’t care and they don’t care what kind of (harmful) position they put their employees in. My suggestion is DON’T WORK AT ADELBROOK!!
Nothing positive
Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 17, 2017
You'll be under the impression it's a good company and the employees are there for the clients they serve. Only to notice and realize everything you were told was a lie. Staff there are nasty especially nurse(s), they create an "us" vs. "them" environment. If you became friendly with people they don't like, they'll constantly report to the mangers and supervisors of things you did wrong even if you fix the issue yourself. You can NEVER do anything right and they'll always look for someone to blame for the problems that's been there before you joined the company. Rules apply to certain people, cliques are obvious, and you don't have a sense of trust or stability even when you try to engage with people there. You're expected to do the work of 5 as one person. Find somewhere else to learn and do things the correct way.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Very big disappointment so far.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 12, 2017
This isn't a good place to work for several reasons. First off, the upper management and HR is very disengaged from their employee base. They aren't very friendly or professional and don't contribute to an open and welcoming work environment. HR in particular doesn't seem very approachable if you are having workplace issues. Instead, they just kind of 'yes' you but then don't really do anything to help resolve the situation. Secondly, the organization isn't very honest or ethical from what I can see. For example, certain things which were explained to me during my initial interview and orientation are definitely not happening. At first, I was reassured that I could flex my time to meet the total number of hours required. This lasted only a couple weeks before they started giving me a hard time. Also, my pay rate did not include the differential which I'd been promised. Third off, communication is very poor. The left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing, and interdepartmental communication is pretty much non-existent. Unless you make an effort to really dig and probe for the information you need to do your job, it isn't readily available to employees. The worst part of this organization is the high turnover and lack of general professionalism. Several of the employees here are quite unprofessional and don't always remain therapeutic in their interactions with the children. That creates unnecessary chaos and crisis situations which could often be avoided with more empathy and adherence to therapeutic guidelines.
Pros
Learning more about pervasive developmental disabilities
Cons
Unprofessional work atmosphere, lack of therapeutic client to staff interactions, dishonest and unethical behavior
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 5, 2017
Great RN Leads and Supervisors. Coworkers work together with each other and staff to ensure the best possible care for the residents and students. Work place is fast-paced but not unreasonable. Good benefits.
Pros
Free food
Cons
busy
Most horrid place to work at
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Upper management is horrible. Both RNs are rude and bring you down instead of up. Medical is always talking bad about the staff which is ridiculous because the staff does so much! Don't even apply to this place it is not worth it at all!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Great Learning Experience
Program Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJanuary 14, 2017
Working at Adelbrook provided me with the foundation I needed to pursue my career path of being a social worker. I was also provided with the ability to advance to a supervisory level and experience different positions within the agency .
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Upper Management
Horrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 15, 2016
Worked here as a nurse and management is terrible. They hire you for specific shifts and then change your hours without asking you. You're expected to do the work of 3 people and to do it right. No one seems to know what they are doing
Challenging
Co-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 12, 2016
Typical day, is putting out emotional fires and behavior of the female clients. Engaging them in ADL and role modeling how to interact in the community.
Learned to wear many hats, respond in a positive manner and to minimize punitive reaction for behaviors

New to job, so more training is needed for my employees

Call out, being mandated

To sit with clients and laugh at one another, getting to let the clients that everything doesn't have to be a ''Fight or Flight' situation
Pros
Salary, flexible hours
Cons
Shortage of staff
Awful
Administration (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 19, 2016
No parking, no job descriptions, no raises, hostile environment, non-compliance with state labor laws, no training, no advancement, no communication. A real dead end.
Pros
Lunch is free.
Cons
See the review above.