Adient Employee Reviews

Productive work assembling cast seats
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 19, 2019
The management team on night shift are very unprofessional, unorganized and need training on how to speak to people. I have never worked for a company with such disrespect to their team.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Don’t work here
Materials (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 12, 2019
Management is poor, not flexible to women that have small children. Training is terrible, the lack of communication there is terrible. No support from management
Pros
Pay
Cons
Don’t care about their employees, work life balance is terrible
Decent place to work
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, OHFebruary 8, 2019
It's a decent place to work. The hours suck tho. People will lie on you to hr and get you fired. A lot of overtime. Works 6 days a week mostly 12 hour days.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Everything else
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 4, 2019
After you clock in, you wait for the supervisor.. The bad thing is sometimes they dont get in there right away, so everybody is stuck just waiting for them. Other than that, I liked working there
Great work enviroment
Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNFebruary 1, 2019
Good job great chance for advancement.
Good pay great benefits.
Good steady paced jobs
Two shifts 4 10hour days each.
Friday and Saturday 1.5x
Sunday double time pay.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Layoffs
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 31, 2019
I found that this was a great place to work the management and fellow workers were great to work with. I enjoyed doing the job and enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.
Materials Supervisor trim and foam
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 21, 2019
The worst place I've ever worked. On my first day I was taken to the floor and left after being introduced to one person. They claim it was by design to see if I would sink or swim. That works, but I was never formally trained by any of my peers. Everything I learned was on my own. I had to come up with my own system. Contractors are treated very poorly from hourly and salaried personnel. Constant changes in upper management. No clear path.

One of the most cut throat back stabbing environments Ive ever seen. Everyones terrified for their jobs and walking on eggshells. I was contacted by two companies before starting. Even while working there I continued to receive calls form agencies looking for people for Adient. I trained four supervisors in the 8 months there because of the high turnover rates. Lots of running outside and diving through trailers for parts before the plant shuts down. Your running through urine and mudd all day to keep a plant running. No one knows you do it or cares. I went to Hr about how a new Materials Manager talked to me and nothing was done. I turned in sensative information to HR with my Social Security number on it and it was lost three times. Do yourself a favor. Don't do it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Atmosphere, dirty plant, no support from peers, upper management lost
It’s ok
QUALITY TECH II CUT AND ETCH (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALJanuary 20, 2019
If you don’t have someone up your sleeve there you won’t get promoted. I had many qualities and qualifications for a job I went for and was looked over due to not knowing the right people.
good place to work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 16, 2019
Good work place. Worked there for 17 years was let go cause new company buy out and I had no high school diploma . I have nothing bad to say about this company
Pros
Good money good people
Cons
Good place to work good place to work with the hours that decrease because things got slow
Robot Welder (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNJanuary 13, 2019
I left because the job becoming a warehouse and the Word was starting to gets real slow a people was getting laid off. I wasn't getting 40 hours anymore
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Insurance not good
Good Company
Manager, CI and Launch (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJanuary 11, 2019
I've only worked at Adient for a year, but I find it to be a rewarding a challenging job.

The company takes their values seriously and features a good work/life balance as well as opportunities for advancement.
Good place to be
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Starts off on a meeting everyday to see what schedule we have to do for the night, you learn a lot working there, anything from line leads, assembly, fork lifts, there is plenty of opportunities for growth and expansion for bigger and better jobs.
Great working enviroment and A+ team
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Adient is a great company to work for! The company conducts quarterly meetings with it's employees to listen to concerns, and then acts on those conerns to the best of their ability. You do not see the effort to improve culture and employee moral everywhere, as much as you do at Adient.
Terrible place, No Life
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 1, 2019
I worked in the Press Room, and it is just a mess. Missing tools to get job done. The line set takes forever to load programs. Tool and Die cry everytime they have to come out of hiding. Management is very poor, they dont communicate. If you are low seniority you get bumped shifts and get forced over to stay everday. No going home early even if press is down you have to clean for 12 hours. Alot of favoritism there, ive seen people take breaks every 30 minutes. And be on the phones, and have food on the floor, just because they are cool with management. The union there is also a joke, they just want your money, they promise help but dont deliver. The pay is terrible. Company can care less about its employees. All they want is production. If you do end up working an 8 you get a 12 minute break and a 20 min lunch.
Pros
Not really much but a paid 20 min. lunch
Cons
Just about everything.
productive and fast paced work area
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 30, 2018
Assembly line was fast paced and made sure we promoted great quality with our work building automotive seats. Had many opportunities for overtime and reasonable breaks
The Adient Environment
Quality Control Technician II (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALDecember 27, 2018
Overall it is a good environment but a lot of the managers there don't acknowledge you as a worker. Some will walk right by you like you don't exist on the face of the earth. There is also a lot of unfair favoritism. They pick and choose who they want to succeed and the rest just stay in the same spot and don't move up. A lot of people don't want to show you how to do new things in fear of you taking their job. I learned a lot of the jobs on my own by reading the work instructions and performing them alone. Overall the company is good to work for they have great benefits and the other employees are a great group of people that make you look forward to coming to work. One of the hardest parts of the job is getting used to being on a shift and never getting to change. I'm stuck on 2nd shift and would like 1st shift but I cant get on 1st because I keep hearing that there isn't any openings. I'm thankful for the job but id like to spend more time with my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my other coworkers and solving issues together if they have a problem they cant solve.
Pros
Paid holidays, 401k, Health Coverage
Cons
To hard to move up and only certain people get to move to the next level.
Fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 26, 2018
It's an ok job. Plenty of opportunities to advance. Pay could have been better. Upper management could of and should of been more involved. Still a good place to work at.
Process Tech
Process Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIDecember 15, 2018
Process tech had to get the machines up and running after each and every mold change program robots Make sure there is right material in the hoppers Clean and wash Presses
Great Place to Grow within the organization
Sr. Manager Procure to Pay (PTP) (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 1, 2018
Adient provides a great opportunity to exhibit one's skills as there is an openness among the peers and supervisors to share his/her ideas that may lead to creative results which more often transform the thought process.
great places to get started as a young lady/men
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 30, 2018
great starting job for a young kid such as myself. slowly shows how the job field should be run for the most part cause no job is really prefect but if you are looking for some decent money and you are in need of a job I would give it a shot.
Pros
environment, work hours
Cons
shifts