Adient Employee Reviews

Simply terrible
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 18, 2018
The management at Adient is appalling .Treatment is appalling & I will give example> They once made me fly for 16 hours longer to save ,, yes 50$ on a plane ticket . Not lying , complete insanity .
Management screaming & threatening me when I informed them that buying something in China did not save any money . Pure hysteria .
A manufacturing company run by east coast finance dorks who have replaced most US engineering with offshore contract people .
I literally would not let this company build a bicycle for me . The wheels would fall off . Also they are losing money like crazy .
Search elsewhere as when I left I was 10 times happier then when I worked there .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Idiocy
the management do not care about there employees
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 17, 2018
they work you 7days a week 12 hour shifts with two 12 min breaks and a 20 min lunchper those hours they put you stand the whole 12 hours and you are constantly bent over machines where if you didn't have a bad back you would by the time you were done.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is lousy
Very stressful work enviroment.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 15, 2018
Poor leadership and no accountability. Floor supervisors work autonomously and do not follow company policy when it comes to holding employees responsible for their actions.
Cons
Very hot in the building
Fast pace.
Welder Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 11, 2018
Summer time is very hot depending on the department your in. Fast pace work. Hardest part of the job is staying cool in the summer. Typical work day always start with stretches. Communicating with the previous shift about issues they had during their shift. Quality checks, look for new quality alerts if there are any. If your willing to learn new things they will teach it to you. Quite a bit of opportunity to advance yourself if you put forth the effort.
Employees are great to work with care free and helpful. Supervisors and team leaders are helpful and always make sure teams are in-sync w/ production.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALJune 17, 2018
Typical day would be coming in early to get started and finding out what the quota is for the day. Work relied a lot on team work, which was the most enjoyable part of the job, the employees.
Pros
Break every 2 hours was nice.
Cons
Breaks besides lunch were short (10mins).
Incompetent Management/Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 31, 2018
The company's sole goal is to exceed Wall Street expectations by substantial cost cutting measures at the expense of employees, products and customers. Morale is terrible and the simultaneous development teams at the Plymouth Mi facility are understaffed and overworked. As a result product launch are problems, quality and delivery issues abound, and customers are upset with our overall performance. I would not recommend that anyone seek a job at Adient until significant changes are made to senior executive management.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, Morale, and a definite lack of competent leaders
Challenging place to work due to growing pains, but I’m sure there are worse places to work. The pay will be decent but low, but the people are great.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNMay 27, 2018
The plant has struggled for a few years due to poor management and lack of structure, but there is fresh management now that is striving for the right things. The company is working hard to correct the problem of complacency for the past few years, and there’s a good ways to go, but at least it seems like things are on the right path now. The least favorite part of working here is dealing with the frustration of new business brought in to the plant incorrectly (poor planning and management), but the best part is the new management that has been hired or will be hired to drive the potential of the plant in the right direction for a change.
Benefits
Cons
Extra work and more challenging work created due to new business that was poorly planned and managed
People focused
Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 24, 2018
This organization places a great importance upon ethical behavior, including the proper treatment and growth of employees. They are financially focused on success, and have a keen understanding of the automotive market from a global viewpoint.
Good place to learn
Product Application engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 5, 2018
good place to learn.
you will get all the resources you need.
Workplace is very calm and people around are very helpful,
Runs a very good cafeteria.
Very convenient work timings
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 5, 2018
Many opportunities to learn and grow. Learned much about the whole plant process including material management, HR, engineering & production through open, team approach to managing the operation.
US Accountant (Current Employee) –  ChihuahuaMay 5, 2018
Good place to work. Good benefit plan. Good ambient of work place Seeks ways to make this world a better place helping communities around the world. Adient.
Great Experience
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Adient. The hours were long but they had free coffee machines so it made up for it. Also the work keep us busy. The management keep us in the loops and gave us extensive training on how things should look.
Managemant is horrible
PRODUCTION WORKER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMay 3, 2018
Management staff from floor supervisors to HR and all the way to Corporate, and even the union, this company does not care about employee safety, period. There has been several instances where other employees made direct threats to one another, supervisors have called the cops on employees, and yet nothing changes about this chaotic behavior. NO ONE is held responsible. So, working here is great just pray that you get to go home in peace no one goes postal in this day in age.
Pros
Benefits and Pay wage, Union
Cons
Employee saftey is not a priority
Where the heck is everybody?!?
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 27, 2018
Wholly cow, I would sit in a cube all day long with nobody anywhere near me, no idea where my boss was. You might think that would be a good thing, but never receiving any direction, guidance, expectations, or anything, gets old after a while. I was told to do nothing while he took care of all the internal politics relative to the project, then would yell at me later on because I didn't get something done...that same something he told me not to do anything with, due to the political and sensitive nature of task. Maybe he experienced a case of short term memory loss??
Pros
No micro-management
Cons
No direction
Executive Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 26, 2018
Manage calendars for several top level executives and additionally schedule their travel for flights, hotels and rental cars. I process expense reports for several executives on a weekly basis. I plan events both onsite and offsite for internal and external meetings. Input purchase requisitions and process invoices for payment. Plan high level meetings with top leadership of the company. Book conference rooms and set up conference rooms for meetings with often includes telepresence.
Pros
I work independently
Very stressful
Slave (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILApril 24, 2018
Supervisors are treated Horribly by management. you are a pawn in a political red tape game of Bologna. Upper Management doesn't allow you to have a personal or family life. You are flat out told the place ran before you and it will run after you. There is no communication at all and the assistant plant manager believes belittling and intimidation is an effective way to get more for less. Your employees will constantly express how sorry they feel for you as a supervisor because of the constant harassment ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING !!! They had six supervisors quit in a three month period to work for another Chrysler supplier because they are so bad!!! The remaining supervisors were told they were on mandatory seven days a week until further notice, Last year they worked eight months with no days off... NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY... no consideration for there support staff and no respect for there middle managment
Pros
pay and insurance
Cons
too many to list
Productive, Competitive pay, Benifefits
Work Center One Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, OHApril 24, 2018
Adient is a good place to work. A lot of hard work and good people work there. Productive, Good Benefits, Job Security, They work in the community to help make Greenfield a better place, the plant trees, Clean, Painting, fixing things that are broke. They also do Secret Santa at Christmas.
Fast pace
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 19, 2018
It's a very fast pace job. You have to be on your toes all the time and very alert of your job. Because if your not you could easily be injuries or killed
Material Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOApril 17, 2018
See to production lines have all parts need to preform there job duty. See that material handlers are all placed in a spot to get all product to the production lines.
The people were fun . The materials supervisor was a bully !
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHApril 14, 2018
The management did nothing to control their out of control, bully supervisor in materials on nights at the Northwood plant . In fact her manager was as much of a bully as she was !
Pros
Great job until bully became supervisor
Cons
Bullied until I blew up and got fired