Adient Employee Reviews

Bueno
Advance Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ramos, PRAugust 13, 2018
Buen lugar de trabajo , no existe equilibrio entre vida laboral y personal
Pros
Administracion
Cons
Horarios de trabajo
Very productive, friendly people more or less, have the option to interact with others or not, ( if not a people person)
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOAugust 13, 2018
I loved my job when working there. They had the employees involved in everything. And kept us updated when things happened. If your not a big people person you dont have to socialize with the others on the line as long as you get your work done properly and productively, as well as alerting others if the machine had a problem. Our supervisors and managers were always friendly and ready to help if needed. I wasn't very fond of the way the shifts were always out to get the other shift but the company was working on a better communication opportunity as i was leaving, so hopfully they figure that out.
Pros
3 paid breaks including lunch, alot of benefits, fundraisers every once in a while, friendly all around
Cons
Short breaks ( two 10 min and a 20 min lunch, also have to go back 2 mins early for every break.)
It’s a good job for anyone who doesn’t have kids
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALAugust 8, 2018
It’s a decent job for a young man or young woman without any kids and it’s laid back nothing really to major, the main thing is safety first and follow your work instructions everyday
The worst place I have ever worked.
Operator Line B (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNAugust 7, 2018
I received no proper training to work on any machines that I operated other than staff that already worked there. Never met or heard of my manager/supervisor. Dangerous, lousy hours, and lack communications.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous, no communication, stressful, and poor pay.
My job
Weld set- up (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 7, 2018
I love my job. I just wish they have a program for people like me who have advanced to advance more within the company more. The people are great and friendly as well as management. Great place to work.
Pros
3 weeks vacation when u hired in and 65 hours of bank
Cons
nothing
N/a
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILAugust 4, 2018
I learned a lot while working at Adent. It is a JIT facility so I learned that being able to make a quick decision is really important, and it is a lot of work to accomplish in one day some times.
Very productive and fast paced place to work
Mig Welder (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 30, 2018
This is a good place to work if hired on directly. It is not so great if through a staffing agency.thry have plenty of breaks but it's very hot in the factory. Management is decent and the pay is a lot better if hired on directly.
Pros
Breaks and lunches are sufficiently
Cons
Temp agency and heat of factory
Great place to work overall
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2018
This is a great place to work over all. The work is physically hard, but the pay and benefits are great. The working atmosphere is unbeatable. The schedule is the hardest part, because the shifts are on a bidding basis and run by seniority. It took me almost 5 years to get on day shift.
Just a job....unless
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 20, 2018
Adient was a good job in the beginning, but after getting to know a few team members there, I was constantly looking over my shoulders. People have worked there for 15, 20, 30 years and more so the "Ole Boy Network" is strong here. The managers have all been promoted from within, which would normally be great for advancement, but here, if you're not already friends with them you're done before you can even start or prove your worth.
The company could be a great company, but not before some serious changes in management and leadership improvements.
Simply terrible
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 18, 2018
The management at Adient is appalling .Treatment is appalling & I will give example> They once made me fly for 16 hours longer to save ,, yes 50$ on a plane ticket . Not lying , complete insanity .
Management screaming & threatening me when I informed them that buying something in China did not save any money . Pure hysteria .
A manufacturing company run by east coast finance dorks who have replaced most US engineering with offshore contract people .
I literally would not let this company build a bicycle for me . The wheels would fall off . Also they are losing money like crazy .
Search elsewhere as when I left I was 10 times happier then when I worked there .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Idiocy
the management do not care about there employees
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 17, 2018
they work you 7days a week 12 hour shifts with two 12 min breaks and a 20 min lunchper those hours they put you stand the whole 12 hours and you are constantly bent over machines where if you didn't have a bad back you would by the time you were done.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is lousy
Very stressful work enviroment.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 15, 2018
Poor leadership and no accountability. Floor supervisors work autonomously and do not follow company policy when it comes to holding employees responsible for their actions.
Cons
Very hot in the building
Fast pace.
Welder Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 11, 2018
Summer time is very hot depending on the department your in. Fast pace work. Hardest part of the job is staying cool in the summer. Typical work day always start with stretches. Communicating with the previous shift about issues they had during their shift. Quality checks, look for new quality alerts if there are any. If your willing to learn new things they will teach it to you. Quite a bit of opportunity to advance yourself if you put forth the effort.
Employees are great to work with care free and helpful. Supervisors and team leaders are helpful and always make sure teams are in-sync w/ production.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALJune 17, 2018
Typical day would be coming in early to get started and finding out what the quota is for the day. Work relied a lot on team work, which was the most enjoyable part of the job, the employees.
Pros
Break every 2 hours was nice.
Cons
Breaks besides lunch were short (10mins).
Incompetent Management/Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 31, 2018
The company's sole goal is to exceed Wall Street expectations by substantial cost cutting measures at the expense of employees, products and customers. Morale is terrible and the simultaneous development teams at the Plymouth Mi facility are understaffed and overworked. As a result product launch are problems, quality and delivery issues abound, and customers are upset with our overall performance. I would not recommend that anyone seek a job at Adient until significant changes are made to senior executive management.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, Morale, and a definite lack of competent leaders
Challenging place to work due to growing pains, but I’m sure there are worse places to work. The pay will be decent but low, but the people are great.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNMay 27, 2018
The plant has struggled for a few years due to poor management and lack of structure, but there is fresh management now that is striving for the right things. The company is working hard to correct the problem of complacency for the past few years, and there’s a good ways to go, but at least it seems like things are on the right path now. The least favorite part of working here is dealing with the frustration of new business brought in to the plant incorrectly (poor planning and management), but the best part is the new management that has been hired or will be hired to drive the potential of the plant in the right direction for a change.
Benefits
Cons
Extra work and more challenging work created due to new business that was poorly planned and managed
People focused
Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 24, 2018
This organization places a great importance upon ethical behavior, including the proper treatment and growth of employees. They are financially focused on success, and have a keen understanding of the automotive market from a global viewpoint.
Good place to learn
Product Application engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 5, 2018
good place to learn.
you will get all the resources you need.
Workplace is very calm and people around are very helpful,
Runs a very good cafeteria.
Very convenient work timings
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 5, 2018
Many opportunities to learn and grow. Learned much about the whole plant process including material management, HR, engineering & production through open, team approach to managing the operation.
US Accountant (Current Employee) –  ChihuahuaMay 5, 2018
Good place to work. Good benefit plan. Good ambient of work place Seeks ways to make this world a better place helping communities around the world. Adient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adient. Our community is ready to answer.