ADK Electric

ADK Electric Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Very good place for a beginner electrician to learn the ways and code of electrical work. You will get to do all sorts of things so you get to learn a lot about a lot of different things.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Pay
August 17, 2020
Dear Former Apprentice,

Thank you for taking the time to post positive comments on Indeed! ADK Electric is a great company to work for with a highly skilled Team of Electricians and Office Staff!

Tina
The management will steal money from you. The “journeyman” don’t care about work ethic. And then they will bad mouth you to other employers and ruin your career.
Pros
Pay is high for Colorado but Colorado has unfair wages.
Cons
Everything else
May 6, 2020
Dear 3rd year apprentice,
Clock-ins and clock-outs are done by you through the foreman's phone on the Exaktime app. ADK cannot steal time from you as your time is calculated automatically. If you were missing hours it was through a missed clock-in or faulty clock-in. If this ever happens you call the office and the time is corrected immediately.

ADK Electric takes pride in our projects and and our Teams. If there are any complaints brought to our attention we deal with issues head on. ADK hires the best electricians with the knowledge, skills, abilities and that passion to be the best! Our reputation proves that!

Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns.

Tina Laurila, Phr

303-781-7400
Although there are some great employees that work for ADK Electric Corp. This is not a good company to work for. Very disorganized. Poor leadership and disorganization from one of the owners makes it difficult for the rest of the team to suceed. Don't waste your time. There are much better places to work for and be happy
July 1, 2020
Dear Former Employee,
Thank you for your input - we were very sad to lose you. Misunderstandings happen and it is our desire communicate differences but sometimes it is better to part ways.

Tina
This is a family atmosphere. The best electricians are raised here. I left for more money and I’m working with idiots now. I still consider ADK home and it’s clearer to me everyday that they’re second to none as far as grooming well rounded electrician goes. They do need to pay more competitively and give raises to loyal employees before paying new and unproven ones top dollar.
Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. Let us know if you ever want to return! Call me at 303-781-7400.

February 5, 2020
Dear Former ADK Electric Team Member,
Thank you for taking the time to provide great feedback. Give me a call EM and we can talk about rejoining ADK Electric! We miss you!

Tina
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I enjoyed my time there I move on to experience different aspects of the electrical field. But still stay on contact with them. They will help you in a bujd and hold everyone to the same standard
December 23, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience with ADK Electric! Let me know if you would like to come back as we are always busy and looking for the best Electricians. :)
Tina
ADK Electric gave me the training, skills, and ability to begin my life as a professional. They took care of me at all times, and I have watched the company continue to improve, with the focus on the employee's well being!
December 23, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experiences with ADK Electric. We appreciate all of you and wish you a Happy and Healthy 2020!
Tina
With a large array of work in the commercial field ADK will teach you a how to apply your electrical knowledge to everything from ground-up to tenet finish.
June 30, 2020
Thank you for your positive feed back! Please call me if you would like to return for ADK provides you with 4 years of schooling to get your Journeyman Electrician license! Why only 2 stars!! :)

Tina - 303-781-7400
This company deserves 5 stars.. They are willing to put their employees through school for free! They pay the bill and will give you all the necessary tools to start the job. I cant believe how good this company treated me. AWESOME COMPANY!!!
Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for the positive feedback and the 5 star rating. ADK is a great company to work for and the owners really care for their staff and electricians. Let me know if you would like to come back.

Tina
great electrical company to work for. good work environment. They do a bunch of large commercial projects. When I drive by them to this day, I am still proud of what I helped build.
April 27, 2020
ADK takes such pride and loyalty in our Electricians and Office Staff and that speaks by the tenure of our Team!

Thanks very much for great feedback!
You work with the best electricians around. The foreman keeps us working with no layoff time. We put out an excellent product.
Excellent place to work
Dear Current Employee,

We are so happy to have you on board - whoever you are! Thank you for the positive feedback. I agree, this is an excellent place to work!

Tina
I love working for ADK! I have worked for other companies but when I found ADK, I knew it was perfect! ADK is not to large but it is large in its commercial construction projects and innovative thinking! ADK is family-owned and operated for over 20 years. They firmly support the development of the Apprentice Electricians to Journeyman License through employer paid training programs.

They have earned a prestigious reputation in the industry for being an award winning and well-respected electrical contractor in Colorado! ADK received the White Level AGC/OSHA Chase Program and Platinum Level with ABC. ADK does all their work on-site, meaning no pre-fab work is done.

ADK has an excellent benefits package Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, paid holidays, bonus' and competitive compensation to match your skills. I believe that ADK truly values their employees – they provide continuous safety training so that “Everyone Goes Home at Night”. ADK have a passion and commitment to excellence both in their employees and the projects that they construct.

I cannot say enough about the owners and the opportunities they have provided for their employees throughout the years.
Pros
Year-end bonus', safety bonus', paid IEC training, Pto, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
Cons
The almost 40 steps I have to take when I need to visit the home office???
June 30, 2020
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and tell ADK what a great company they are!
They Paid for 4 years at IEC school. As long as you pass school, they pay 100% of tuition and books. They also have the incentive of a raise for every semester you pass.
June 30, 2020
Thank you Current Employee! Yes, ADK pays for schooling with a raise after every semester that you pass! We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success with ADK Electric. Tina
there wasn't organized the management needs to be looked through a little bit for like to lead men at the job site it was like I'm goi g too recess a great School we were doing things on safe and I just wasn't a safe environment to work
Pros
Friends
Cons
Joke at times
Dear Former Employee,
ADK recruits for that passion to be the best and the drive to be a success. Safety is #1. We recently had over 820 days without one recordable incident with OSHA. Our Safety Director is on the spot when it comes to safety.

I appreciate you bringing your thoughts and would love to hear from you if you would like to talk further.

Tina 303-781-7400
Poor planning for staffing requirements. The company was notorious for hiring extra employees when business increased, but also for laying off the extra, more recently hired employees when business slowed.
Cons
Poor planning for staffing requirements.
We did a lot more residential work then industrial so we were installing a lot of outlets, light fixtures, a/c units, and main power boxes. I learned a lot about electrical coding, and all the dangers that come with it.
Pros
learned a lot of electrical skills that I can use at home to fix my own issues if needed.
Cons
working in bad weather
Working at ADK was fun and a great job for someone looking to gain expirence and knowladge in the electrical trade. they are offering to send you to trade school and pay for it entirely
Very set in their ways..management does not value the 'little people' at all! No matter how hard you work they find a reason to not pay you more or allow you to grow.
Great Company Good People.
Commercial and residential work Growth Available. Bosses are very helpful and work is steady. Very respectable place to work
Arrive at the job site and receive orders.
I learned how to do electrical work.
Pros
Was able to take time off when needed
Cons
The owner was terrible