Adler University

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Work study

The HR department was great for a work study position. They allowed for a balance between working and being a student with great leadership. I would definitely recommend it to other Adler students.

Awesome people!

My overall experience has been quite enjoyable. This is because, the staff are friendly, professional and understanding to any needs that you may have. The facilities within the college campus are good as you can use all of the buildings facilities.

Needs a culture shift

Huge disconnect with management and extremely high admissions turnover. Needs more diversity in upper management. Needs to be more focused on ways to improve morale.

Great pay and incompetent leadership

The people at Adler are great to work with but there is a shortage of people often to do their jobs effectively. The pay is great compared to other institutions in the are but the benefits could be a bit better.

Wolves in sheep clothing!

Some of the individuals in leadership roles have absolutely no idea what’s going on in the departments of which they are heads. They prefer “yes men” so if you have a mind of your own then don’t get involved with this place. Considering the mission, they don’t practice what they preach.

Pros

Some of the employees were a joy to work with. The location of the campus being in “The Loop.”

Cons

Vacation time is accrued. Transparency is nonexistent. Benefits are horrible in terms of medical, dental & vision.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Graduate School of Psychology

I worked there many years ago. The organization has changed almost completely since then, and I feel it would be unfair to write a review based on old information.

Great for work study

I enjoyed being a work study student here. The hours were flexible and I felt like part of the Adler Community. Its a great way to get to meet professors, other students and administration

Productive and fun

Everyone is supportive of professional growth. Good place to work. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is positive. Everyone is willing to help others.

Overall review

I was a student working within the data analysis program. It was very tedious and time consuming but very rewarding. I was able to meet and network with many department chairs and administrative staff members. Management was understanding and very caring.

Pros

Free lunch at least once a month

Cons

Short breaks

Worst Place to Wrk

Adler overall is not a good school to work at. They have been laying off faculty and staff for 3 years now constantly. The President, VP's and other high offices receive bonuses while the staff lacks a cost of living raise. The college in its entirety is understaffed. There is no social justice practiced at this institution. The social justice caveat is a front. It is not a good place to work or a good place for a student to attend. There is so much racism right on campus. The instructors are not held to a high standard either.

Okay

Adler University was a great place to work. I only worked as a contractor but I was overall satisfied with the experience. I would work with them again if given the opportunity.

A good place to work

Good mission. Working with students and making a difference in their academic experience is rewarding. Fast moving, ambitious environment. Great potential University for social change.

Pros

Small workplace allows for growth potential

Cons

Understaffed

Nice Place to Work

This is a nice place to work, the students are focused on change, and Adler has strong community engagement which is helpful for student and staff development.

Pros

Collaboorative work environment

Cons

Job Stability

Collaborative Workplace

Socially responsible employer. Management was very responsive to the employees and students. I learned a lot regarding project management and interface development. A typical work day consisted of assisting employees with any and all concerns and coordinating project duties with the software provider and the TPA's.

Pros

Great place to work!

Not satisfied

Can be difficult and challenging at times. Many silos to overcome within the organization. A divide between faculty and staff, often not on the same page.

Social Justice

Adler University has a strong focus on social justice from an academic perspective instead of a clinical perspective. The teachings of Adler are a key component of the mission, vision and values of the institution and rolled out into the classroom. However, it would be such an influential agency, if much more dedication to communities in need.

Pros

beautiful campus, excellent benefits and salary

Cons

bully riddled culture, lack of connection to mission

Dedicated staff, changing leadership

Staff and faculty are dedicated to the key, underlying theme of Adler: social justice. Leadership is distant and there is a lack of communication between staff and faculty, making work difficult at times.

Very relaxed environment

Adler University is a very relaxed and organized placed to work for. It's a small institute and hence tightly knit community. The projects and task are well defined and it's easy reach business clients and stakeholders. Adler University cares for professional development of it's employee and goes above and beyond to work with the staff.

Pros

Work from home option.

Cons

Not the best 403b options

A Very Different Learning Experience For Me

My tasks change on a daily basis. I am heavily involved in event planning for the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees. I am also the point-person for the Office of the President and deliver exceptional customer service. I've learned to communicate and build relationships with individuals within all levels of the organization. I have also learned about the different departments of a Higher Education institute that I was unaware of in the past, and I have also learned how valuable online education is to expanding the growth of a university. Our Leadership Team is a group of nine individuals that all have their own direct reports. Because of the respect and mindfulness of one another, the institution has steadily expanded over the past year and a half that I have been here. They are on track to build a new campus in Vancouver. My co-workers are very hardworking and extremely helpful. I have learned most from my director who has always made a comfortable environment around the office. In the time I have been here, only one out of eight Executive Assistants has gone his separate way (on good terms). My co-workers have a very positive attitude daily regardless of any issues that may come up. When I began, the most difficult part of the job was learning the various Boards the President's involved in. Aside from our Board of Trustees, he is a member of 10 other Boards. In the beginning, it was difficult balancing his schedule and even learning what each Board was about. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive culture in the office. Although times -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adler University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight