Admiral Security Services, Inc
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Working at Admiral Security Services, Inc: Employee Reviews about Pay & Benefits

United States224 reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

Admiral Security Services, Inc insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Nice for Steady income but feels under appreciated

Steady income definitely can get full-time hours however it depends on your manager because some are micro-managers while others are cool. Doesn’t feel like you can climb the ladder of success. I feel like they hold you back to an extent. Great benefits package for part-time and full-time.

Pros

Experience, Benefits Package

Cons

poor management, too demanding less raises, outdated policies

A nice working staff,professional working environment

I find working for Admiral,was pretty good. They have plenty of hours to work if ya may need overtime,an the your co-workers make it a friendly work environment

Pros

Plenty of overtime, an they truly work with you if you need personal time off

Cons

Lunch breaks could be a little longer

Staff Doesn't do what's needed. Everyone does whatever they want with no discipline or Reprimand. No Appreciation. Low Pay. No Professionalism

The Job Is not hard, ver easy But there is No Professionalism. No Discipline. No Paid Holidays. Admiral is not the best company to work for. Very Low Pay. No Paid Time Off.

Pros

Not Hard Work

Cons

Short Breaks. No Paid Holidays. Favortism

Do your job and you'll be fine.

The company doesn't ask for much. Show up on time, dress appropriately, do your assigned tasks. Pretty simple. Admiral pay on time. Never had a problem.

Pros

Steady, pay on time. Nice uniforms. Fair pay considering the industery.

Cons

Insurance is not a great deal. They could do better.

Good

The local supervisor was good but the regional Manager was never available. Short staffing means they were always asking you to cover more than your shift.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Low pay

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

you're expendable.

Not good. The top only cares about #s.No advancement for the average officer & you will go years without a raise due to the nature of the business. Middle management gets worked to death then gets discarded

They can do better

This place is okay. The pay could be better, especially for the overnight shift! Uniforms are cheap and material is poor and hot.They make up rules every other month.

Pros

Cons

Does not pay enough

rewarding

Great place to be at very friendly people and good athosphere sometimes long hours and extra overtime Could be a better pay and z vnadkv aZK KDV .,s vL?kd vAV AD VBAKLD AKD '

This workplace has potential, but some persons need to be let go

To make a long story short, the management needs a complete revamp at this company, not to mention several guards need to be vetted or let go. Decent pay, there are benefits but they are not that great. If this company would fire/demote some people and uplift/promote the ones that are actually putting in hard work and pay them fairly, they would have something going for them. I want to see this company succeed, but they have a lot of anchors dragging them down.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Lack of communication and direction

If you are reliable you will make good money

Admiral security has been a very financially rewarding company to work for. As an undercover loss prevention officer they have given me the training I need to succeed and they have given me a pay raise in less then a year. Unlike other security companies I have worked for IE Allied Universal, they have your back always as long as you are honest and do your job. I am able to basically be my own boss since the schedule is emailed every week and my only job is to show up and clock in and do my job. If you think your going to show up and just wing it and be lazy and falsely profile people this isn't the job for you. Very very good company to work for at least in my position.

Pros

freedom, no boss looking over your shoulders

Cons

Can be dangerous but that is the fault of society not the company

Good and fast communication with HR, Low pay

Flexible Schedule.No hassle to Give you time off when you need it.However not much room to move up in the company.Been with the company for two yearsI didn't get a pay raise.

Fun and interactive working environment at most events. Unhealthy work schedule; Not desirable or maintainable in the long term.

This was my first job at 18. I applied on a Friday and was already working the following Monday. The staff seemed very friendly. At first it was kinda cool. Pretty good base pay for my first entry level job. Working at NFL/College football games, concerts and other events were actually exciting for me. I looked at work as a free road trip. But once I worked there for few months I started to realize it isn't as good as it seems on the surface. When you take into account the unprofessional management, favoritism (I.e "I'm buddy, buddy with the lead supervisor so EVERY SHIFT I get to sit indoors with AC next to a random fire exit that no one's used since 1985.." meanwhile, you get stuck outdoors in the sun, in 90+ degree heat. Checking bags, wanding, controlling crowds. Constantly on your feet ACTUALLY working.) the toxic low-effort coworkers, the crazy work hours, the long distance travel of up to 4-5 hours there and 4-5 hours back.. NO TRAVEL PAY. No benefits whatsoever. If your young, dumb and desperate for work like I was.. I still wouldn't recommend this job. There's a reason most people don't work there for more than a few months. I worked there for a little over a year... I'm not proud of it.

Pros

Fun and interactive working environment at most events, You get to travel to interesting places and meet some interesting people.

Cons

Unprofessional management and supervisors, Low-effort coworkers, Crazy unsustainable work hours, Long distance worksites with NO TRAVEL PAY.

Good work

Good steady work low pay, No advancement, must always stay late if next shift doesn’t show. Always standing. They do not tend to value employees just use them.

Pros

Learn

It’s okay

NEEDS MORE PAY, more loss prevention agents to help cover blind spots that you may miss while patrolling store. Needs benefits! Job isn’t too stressful but the pressure of not catching thieves is high personally due to being the only loss prevention agent a one location.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Needs more pay and benefits

You can do better

If you're looking for security job in this pandemic look elsewhere. Being that we are in a pandemic I expected hours to be cut from site that's understandable, what not is mangement cutting the hour with no heads up effective immediately, asking for more hours and not hearing back from management in months. What not understandable is working this pandemic and not getting more paid eventhrough your consider an "essential worker" ( management words not mines). What not understandable is guard buying PPE for the site to protect guard. Hand sanitizer, mask, gloves, wipes disinfectant, etc. All paid for by guard whose hours have been cut nothing from this company. If you are looking for a job you can do better than this company. Don't waste you time.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid, mangement is lacking

Good schedule and competitive pay

If your looking for overtime its not always easy to get but a steady 30-35 hours is almost guaranteed. Its the only Security company I've worked for but overall I'd highly recommend.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Benefits are slim

They have some good account

They don't give raises to the people that have been doing a good job.They are a good company and they don't move you around to different post I have been at the some location for about 5 years.

Pros

They will pay you overtime

Cons

They don't pay site supervisor what they should make

Works around schedule

Many work hours provided always There’s always work available if you really like to work and like I said before they work around your schedule and it makes things pretty easy.

No benefits for a year

All security officers do not receive benefits (minimum medical, because thats the only benefit they offer) for an entire year, the first year of employment. The company handbook will say after 90 days your benefits will kick in. But it has not been updated since 2013. Do not believe the handbook. Hr will say the handbook needs to be updated to seperate benefits for security officers and admiral employees.

Pros

Cons

No Benefits The First Year Of Employment

Managment

Poor managment no over time and no call outs just swaps with co workers. Supervisors are literally puppets while the boss does nothing to help. Manager is unfair and not friendlt.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Long hours with no overtime pay

This job was a great experience very educational benefits were intact lots of room for growth within the company great people to work with very fair to all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Security Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Admiral Security Services, Inc with