Admiral Security logo
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100Average

Admiral Security Employee Reviews

Admiral Security insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Great day shift officers

Beautiful building and great CEO. Team players on my day shift are great to work with. Admiral gives person of interest in starting off in security an opportunity to do just such.

Horrible

Overall management is horrible and does not communicate effectively. They will side with anything the client says about you even if it’s a lie. Do not work for them.

Cons

Pay is trash even as a supervisor poor management

I worked for Admiral Security for Over 10years no Promotion.

The job culture based on my experience working with the Company for over 10 years is that if you don't know someone in the administration nothing will ever happen to you in terms of promotion no matter how hard you try. You may be lucky to work for client that will insist that you get promoted based on your work ethics and merits. Good for you.I left admiral I joined their competitor in the same field Securitas and within my first few months I was awarded employee of the month doing less work than I need for admiral over 10years. I applied for promotion for as many times as possible but they kept giving it the vacancy to less experienced people than myself, just because they knew someone at the top. Toxic and discouraging.

Pros

My paycheck was always on time, The culture was great in the beginning but just became so toxic over time.

Cons

No promotion for hardworking individual without a connection in the company, Toxic working environment for those who want to grow in the business.

U can grow in the company with superb training

Working @ Admiral is awesome because u get treated well by staff & employees. It's a great work environment 4 anyone who wants experience in security.

Pros

Growth in the company & receive promotion

Cons

Favoritism in the company (employees that are liked)

Prductive workplace sxcellent co-wotkers

Prductive workplace god benefits. I enjoyed meeting different people fun working co-workers a some what rigid branch manager cool account manager ,but overall I have no complaints did a lot of overtime got paid right very well.

Pros

Paid vacation time., Holiday pay( time & 1/2 )

Cons

Short breaks or 30 min lunch hr

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

productive and a great learning experience

Admiral Security is a good company to work for. My first experience working as a security officer is going great. There is so much to learn and it has been enjoyable to me.

Terrible company to work for

Human Resources does not care about the employee’s. If you reached out to Human Resources about issues at your site or issues with your supervisor HR wI’ll ignore your messages and go directly to the supervisor about your complaint. Then after that the supervisor will then put a complaint on you and HR will do their job to fire the employee who put in multiple requests and got ignored but will take the side of the supervisor. Employees can be harassed with no problem but the moment they push back they are fired.

Workdays were average until the AD shows up.

There is no unity among management and employees. Was promised a raise to which no avail. I had to train new employees for my shift to which I was switched to another shift without notice.

Pros

Location availabilities.

Cons

Very poor management. No communication skills.

The leadership for this company is sorely lacking

This was a great company to work for but as it grew they began to care less about their employees and more about contracts. Enjoyed were overworked and not given fair breaks. If you were not in the union, you were in constant fear 9f losing your job for ther smallest infraction.

Excellent Customer Service

Admiral promotes punctual professional customer service based employees while maintaining a sanitary but productive workforce. I have learned many skills while maintaining employment for Admiral.

Jobs at Admiral Security

See more jobs

Excellent job advancement

Great company to start with if you have no experience in the Security Industry. Great opportunity for advancement. Working at this company i had no experience. I have gained and obtained a lot of knowledge regarding company policies and patrolling sites.

Professional Work Environment with lost of support

The company has a support system that is very responsive to any issue. In addition they are an advocates for their officers providing the right balance between managers and clients.

Working environment is nice

Supervisor made sure that his subordinates are well taking care of. Difficulty getting in touch with management. Hard getting new/replace uniforms. Over night shift was my favorite

A nice company

I really like working for this company. I started out as a parttime worker. The only thing, Admiral lost their contract, and I was asked to stay on board with the new company. I ask Admiral for full-time hours. I really needed the hours. I would like to work back with Admiral. I believe you can grow with that company. And I would like to go back to work for that company and be an SPO.

Ok place to work

If you're looking for a job, this may be the place. It is boring, but the pay is ok, and you get a raise every year. You accrue leave and vacation as you work, and any leave/vacation you didn't use at the end of the year they cash it out to you. Full time employees get "bonuses" at the end of the year, but don't expect it to be a large amount. They tend to promote those they want instead of those who are more qualified, and trying to take off for leave and vacation is a hassle because they want you to make sure your shifts are covered before taking leave/vacation. Although this company does offer benefits, and competitive pay, it may not be a job you want to keep until retirement.

Main office management doesn't take care of the guards in the field or the managers/supervisors. They done support them so they lose employees alot. I was there for a little over 4 years without incident and the first small thing a they let me go. No write up no verbal warning nothing. No loyalty

It is a good company to start working with to gain experience

A typical day at work is really regular, and I had a lots of experience with the company. I made my rounds accordingly, and observed the front doors movement.

Work patrol is always recorded by so doing you will be energized to do more

I will be more than happy to work with this reputable company . All Salaries are paid on time. Any error can be immediately taken care of . Good System

Aus

I like the posts I was working but the company was very unorganized and they wasn’t paying me all of my money and I was over working myself for them..

Alert

Boring, need to be vigilant, perform the patrols and record activity. Manager's ignore requests and complaints. No flexibility for holiday shifts, must apply 6 months in advance, no guaranty of approval (other officer has to pick up the shift).

Not much contact with Admiral Headquarters.

The co-workers I interacted with at my assigned site were nice and professional. Job was delightful. I built a report with all of the employees. The hours were reasonable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Admiral Security with