Admiral Security
63Average

Admiral Security Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Beautiful building and great CEO. Team players on my day shift are great to work with. Admiral gives person of interest in starting off in security an opportunity to do just such.
Prductive workplace god benefits. I enjoyed meeting different people fun working co-workers a some what rigid branch manager cool account manager ,but overall I have no complaints did a lot of overtime got paid right very well.
Pros
Paid vacation time., Holiday pay( time & 1/2 )
Cons
Short breaks or 30 min lunch hr
Admiral Security is a good company to work for. My first experience working as a security officer is going great. There is so much to learn and it has been enjoyable to me.
Human Resources does not care about the employee’s. If you reached out to Human Resources about issues at your site or issues with your supervisor HR wI’ll ignore your messages and go directly to the supervisor about your complaint. Then after that the supervisor will then put a complaint on you and HR will do their job to fire the employee who put in multiple requests and got ignored but will take the side of the supervisor. Employees can be harassed with no problem but the moment they push back they are fired.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
There is no unity among management and employees. Was promised a raise to which no avail. I had to train new employees for my shift to which I was switched to another shift without notice.
Pros
Location availabilities.
Cons
Very poor management. No communication skills.
This was a great company to work for but as it grew they began to care less about their employees and more about contracts. Enjoyed were overworked and not given fair breaks. If you were not in the union, you were in constant fear 9f losing your job for ther smallest infraction.
Admiral promotes punctual professional customer service based employees while maintaining a sanitary but productive workforce. I have learned many skills while maintaining employment for Admiral.
Great company to start with if you have no experience in the Security Industry. Great opportunity for advancement. Working at this company i had no experience. I have gained and obtained a lot of knowledge regarding company policies and patrolling sites.
The company has a support system that is very responsive to any issue. In addition they are an advocates for their officers providing the right balance between managers and clients.
Supervisor made sure that his subordinates are well taking care of. Difficulty getting in touch with management. Hard getting new/replace uniforms. Over night shift was my favorite
I really like working for this company. I started out as a parttime worker. The only thing, Admiral lost their contract, and I was asked to stay on board with the new company. I ask Admiral for full-time hours. I really needed the hours. I would like to work back with Admiral. I believe you can grow with that company. And I would like to go back to work for that company and be an SPO.
If you're looking for a job, this may be the place. It is boring, but the pay is ok, and you get a raise every year. You accrue leave and vacation as you work, and any leave/vacation you didn't use at the end of the year they cash it out to you. Full time employees get "bonuses" at the end of the year, but don't expect it to be a large amount. They tend to promote those they want instead of those who are more qualified, and trying to take off for leave and vacation is a hassle because they want you to make sure your shifts are covered before taking leave/vacation. Although this company does offer benefits, and competitive pay, it may not be a job you want to keep until retirement.
Main office management doesn't take care of the guards in the field or the managers/supervisors. They done support them so they lose employees alot. I was there for a little over 4 years without incident and the first small thing a they let me go. No write up no verbal warning nothing. No loyalty
A typical day at work is really regular, and I had a lots of experience with the company. I made my rounds accordingly, and observed the front doors movement.
I will be more than happy to work with this reputable company . All Salaries are paid on time. Any error can be immediately taken care of . Good System
I like the posts I was working but the company was very unorganized and they wasn’t paying me all of my money and I was over working myself for them..
Boring, need to be vigilant, perform the patrols and record activity. Manager's ignore requests and complaints. No flexibility for holiday shifts, must apply 6 months in advance, no guaranty of approval (other officer has to pick up the shift).
The co-workers I interacted with at my assigned site were nice and professional. Job was delightful. I built a report with all of the employees. The hours were reasonable.
I believe this was the easiest job on the planet. There is no room for growth but to gain experience in the job sites that each security guard was previously assigned. Overall, if you are looking for a very slow-paced and not so competitive job, then this is the employer to seek for.
Admiral is a great company to work for. They are professional, organized and hands on. They offer training to individuals without experience and honor advancement within the company.
Pretty good family owned security company. They thrive on appearance which is good. Employees have a union which is also very good. A little too strict when it comes to drug use. If you fail you don’t get a second chance. I disagree with this because for a company that’s so dominant in the industry it makes sense to give employees some type of second chance.
  1. Employee Reviews