Admiral Security Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Good Job, not much of a Career though
Security (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2019
I don't have much to say concerning the work culture as you are working as a contractor in various locations. How much you enjoy the job is based on your site and your duties on the site. My only biggest issue is that the pay is not that good and there's not many benefits aside from Life Insurance (which should be mandatory for any Security Company). Nonetheless, the money will get your bills paid. Just don't plan on growing here. It's not that big of a company. Job Security is good! Since turnover rates can be high, and more companies rely on security now than ever, even not so good Officers maintain their positions. They want to keep as many warm bodies on site as possible.

Treat it as a job and you'll be content. Treat it as a career and you will be bitterly disappointed.
Get ready for a lot work politics
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2019
Okay so I have a very iffy opinion about Admiral. While I got plenty of hours and overtime there were a lot of things I didn't like while working there. First off the upper management was awful at the site I worked at. Extremely sexist toward women. I was constantly questioned on whether or not I could do the most simple of tasks. It seemed like all of them men could do as they pleased. Showed up whenever the felt like it among other things.
The positive things besides all the work you can handle was the clientele on my site were very friendly. They even gave the women flowers on mother's day.
Pros
plenty of hours and overtime
Cons
not women friendly
Great company to work for!
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love that an employee did not have to have prior experience or had to pay to get your security license!! The staff and managers that worked with me while I was there were very helpful, down to earth and awesome to work with!
Good Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2018
Job was fun and easy. Very well performed by others. Training was great. Managers were understanding and very straight o the point. Pay was great and on time.
I enjoyed working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2018
Family oriented & business atmosphere. Treated equally as an employee there & felt respected & valued there. I would recommend a friend Work there if giving the opportunity.
Pros
Great environment/ good people
Cons
No longer a company
One of the Worst companies I have ever worked for!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 5, 2018
Work for this company if you want : to be disrespected, removed from the schedule for asking for more hours at a location closer to home, management to not return your calls/text or email messages, have field officers sitting in their cars outside monitoring you (just because a former security officer was extremely unprofessional) and discriminated against…then this is the company for you!
Cons
Not worth time or energy
escort tenants (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 5, 2018
Working for Admiral Security isn't worth your time or energy as they have a "Good 'ole boy" network where if you are not part of the network, you will not get the hours or the anything you want.
Pros
Very little pros if you are not full-time
Cons
Too many to list.
sometimes fun place to work
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2018
there was a lot of back stabbing by subordinates to advance their own careers. untrustworthy lot at the james center no camaraderie or work companionship.
Sargeant
SERGEANT SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2018
I am the head of my department at Admiral Security. I am expected to train people to come in and work in my area. I cover the fire inspections,check intercoms,perform daily rounds in the parking garage.
Pros
Being free handed
Cons
low pay, 13, 000 steps of walking a shift, no benifits
I love this job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 10, 2017
It's a different experience and I love it, Its easy work and nobody is on your back hassling you. You just do your work and stay focused and pay attention to your surroundings and watch the cameras and the doors
Admiral security is not a good company
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2017
They don't take time out with the officers they just put you in any position they do not train you and they don't give you leave without pay and a very rude and all about self
Bad
Bad
I liked working with admiral securty
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2017
Its a good job to have it all depends on what shift you worked I worked third shift 10- 7 I really didn't like third shift but I can say I learned what some security gaurds do. I learned how to monitor carmers , patrol halls and the parking decks of residents and I also checked in vistors.
Security
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2017
In my opinion, this company, was good because it had some potential, and I like the people who was working there, they were friendly and I enjoyed being there..
Day to Day operations
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2017
I was a supervisor tasked with maintaining the safe guard of the personal and facility itself, checked on my subordinates to make sure they were doing their duties and assisted where i can, performed patrols of the offices and warehouse.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Poor Senor Leadership
A good place to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2017
This company is good to begin with, also has a lot of overtime.
i learned how to work a few different systems in my short time there.
i wish i was still working there because i use to push for lots of hours to balance the bills.
Pros
hours
Cons
benefit
Iffy
Control Systems Operator/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Very high turnover rate. It's not a bad job starting off, but not so much for a career. Management is supportive for the most part. The easiest part of the job is communicating with the tenants. The toughest thing was the patrols, if you weren't fit enough.
Pros
Paid lunch, may be able to flex your hours.
Cons
Hard to ask for overtime, too many hearsay
Very nice place to work
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
i love working at Admiral. I'm great at my job and my hours are wonderful, but there's no further room for advancement. I feel even though I like working here it is time to part ways.
Pros
Monday - Friday shift
Cons
Compensation/Benefits are not very good
enjoyed my co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2016
Made foot and mobile patrol of property. Operated mailroom and truckgate. Relieved all officers for their breaks. Enjoyed everything about my job site. Hardest part was getting employees to follow the rules.
Pros
no pros
Cons
getting paid ontime
Great Opperitunity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230April 2, 2016
I am greatly appreciative of this company taking the time to consider training new employees in handling computer software security. This to me serves as a very motivating quality which inspires me to learn new skills needed and have the confidence in preforming tasks efficiently as well as accurately.
Pros
Great taring programs, benefits and new experiences
Cons
Not applicable
This is not a good company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 5, 2015
After being with this company for a few years, they are a bunch of BS. They promote people who kiss up to them. Their operation and regional manager positions where never posted up for people to apply to it. How do you expect to advance if they do not give you the opportunity for you to do so? A lot of good people have left the company do to poor management because they are one sided. Every site is suppose to use their post order book and follow those instructions but they want you to do whatever the clients wants you to do which is a liability if you got hurt. They want you to go above and beyond and not pay you for it. You can't even call out sick without it hurting your pockets. Another issue is when the contract is over, they don't even tell you. You are stuck either trying to get hours at another site or getting uneployment (which is not enough).
Cons
No benefits, No place for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Security. Our community is ready to answer.