Admiral Security Employee Reviews for Police Officer

The work environment is ok
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2018
They will work with you if you have things going on in your life. They have have mad overtime and they will train you for what ever position that works for you.
Pros
free water
Cons
short breaks
Great Management
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2018
While this company had great leadership and they was very supportive when I came to their employees. They gave bounce on top of your regular pay around holidays. I really enjoyed working with this company.
Fun
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 24, 2018
Security is were you meet different levels of important people and can find out a lot about what's current in the world. You must be a people person to be able to do the job.
I always had hours
Special Police Officer (UnArmed) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 24, 2017
I was always given hours. I usually worked at some pretty cool sites and guarded for some rather high profile people. I loved working with the company. I would love to have been paid at least one to two dollars more though only considering the cost of living in the area and the fact that I have more training and experience as an SPO than that of an S/O
Pros
Met some really awesome people and always had hours
Cons
Not much support from management.
Admiral Security
Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 23, 2017
Admiral's intentions are to promote you but once one thing goes wrong they take your full time immediately give you part time and forget about you. People have been there for years who have more you and they force you to do the grave yard shifts whether you want to or not
Pros
constant work
Cons
depromotion
Great company but the City Center site, avoid at all costs.
Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  City Center, Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Great place around a lot of great friendly people. Management at the site was horrible. I was pulling doubles & a half but didn't have decent place to rest/ have breaks. Was pressured into doing a lot of over time because management kept firing/ transferring alot of people & there was a lot of favouritism for one very young supervisor. A lot of attacks & thefts were going on but the site managers/ company wouldn't protect us workers. Was told to follow "chain of command" & got the run around alot. Had to cover two blocks by myself when there should have been two of us but get talked down to when I'm not moving fast enough after working 16 hr.s the previous days before.
Pros
Get to meet different people everyday, get to be in downtown dc where theres great food.
Cons
Selfish management, job security is threatend, well being is at risk!
Nothing to note
Special Police Officer, D.C (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2016
Admiral was nothing remarkable, being my first security job, I accepted most occurrences as expected fair.

They required Union participation, which happened to come with good benefits, the contract I worked at had ample labor to fill. It was an OK job.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Mundane
Admiral Security is an average security provider
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCOctober 5, 2016
In the critical working environment Admiral neglected to provide necessary equipment and earned certifications required for officers responsibilities. In spite of this,officers were able to carry out duties relatively efficiently,work together harmoniously and give clients a sense of security.Working in a multi-complex environment adapting to weather,business and public needs and problems was a constant adjustment challenge.Directing senior citizens and area residents was fulfilling.Assisting crisis management personnel was an education.
Pros
willingness to provide necessary work hours where available
Cons
some unskilled supervisors
Not a great place to work if you have a family...
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
Not a great place to work if you have a family. The shift constantly changes and the medical insurance covers the employee only.
horrible place to work
special police officer (Current Employee) –  825 10th street N.WNovember 17, 2015
Working outside in the elements with no means shelter. Managment do not back thier employees they are just a body on post...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
unsafe working enviroment
Decent Place w/a Decent Paycheck
Special Police Officer (Armed)/Lead Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2015
I've been with this company nearly 5 years. I have had a fairly decent experience. Typically and as with most careers in security days are pretty standard. I have tours and patrols to attend to as well as tasks assigned to my officers and I throughout the day. Special events and details are sent through emailed memos fairly regularly. The hardest part of the job is being outside in the elements, but eventually you get used to that more or less. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the other employees at the site. I've learned to change with the situation. Go with the flow. The site I'm currently at is brand new and ever changing and I have to change with it. It is because of this that I have earned a promotion and was personally asked by my superiors to go armed.
Pros
proximity, semi-flexible scheduling, benefits, vacation time, annual raises
Cons
poor administrative leadership, short on manpower
Special Police Officer
Special Police Officer for the Hall of States Site (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2013
· Provide Unarmed Patrols and CCTV thru the command Center.
· Checkpoint Security Search’s and Vehicle Searches for Explosive devices.
· Provide Communication with codes over 2 way radios.
· Register new and incoming employees for security access system.
· Monitor Entry points thru the Fiber optic video connections.
· Prevent Vandalism to Federal property using Unarmed Force Methods.
· Provide Escort Assistance with congressmen and VIP guest.
· Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to DC Police.
· May assist law enforcement officers with crowd control and surveillance at large public events.
· Decides when incident requires written report; decides which report form to use and submits to Ranking Officer.
· Observes activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce Government rules/regulations; alerts visitors of infractions.
A typical day at work.
Special Police Officer (SPO) to date (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 11, 2013
I had the most challenging work and satisfaction in Nigeria, where as a medical officer I was able to save lives during emergencies: labor rooms, Road Traffic Accident victims, Gun shot wound victims, surgical emergencies and more. The most important satisfaction I got here was despite limited resources, virtual absence of facilities I was able to use my in dept medical training, innovation and experience to save lives, such relations and patients showed deep appreciation, and my satisfaction was I have saved another life. This was the most important thing outside monetary gain. Primarily I went to Medical fields after studying the lives of selfless European Missionaries like Albert Schweitzer who worked in the Congo and surrounding regions,, Father Damien who worked with lepers in the Hawaii islands and many others. I wanted to be like them. Immigrated to the US so as to acquire medical skills but got stuck due to restrictions which I cannot explain here. Medicine primarily is my calling and still remains to be.
In the manner, I went to medicine, I decided to stay by security services which I feel I can also help save life despite the poor emolument and down grading I am getting from this profession compared with what I will have been as a practicing medical doctor with exposure to ever changing advancement in medicine which is near non-existence in Africa. This I will have taken back to improve on the healthcare delivery back home. Thus, I have striven to save lives and properties in various ways as a security officer.
I have actually learned to comport myself and be satisfied
  more... obedient to my superiors of whatever leaning or level of education in whatever job I have found myself in and to do my best to excel in these new jobs despite the remunerations from these jobs. This is the basis of keeping one healthy and happy at all times.
The hardest part of the job is when ones efforts to do the best to the company is not appreciated especially whenever discrimination is applied to one most of the time in any way.
My only consolation is that I have always found good personalities who appreciate what one is and have always been friendly, and worked as a teams. This makes the burden of one hardship simple..
Pros
Nothing to write here
Cons
Nothing to write here
Productive Work place
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 19, 2013
A typical day for me is to first start by having a morning briefing on wat needs to be the main focus of attention.Then also what important information that my team needs to work proficiently.Also I write a daily activity log on the things that happedned during the days duty, I respond to any disturbances or any suspicious persons an/or activities.
Pros
workin with a team, workin with the public, helping people
Cons
anything can happen at anytime
Good place to work!
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 6, 2013
My day will start out with patrolling the property and unlocking the doors.

Greeting the tenants and store employees