Admiral Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Pay, Time and Benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2019
You're not paid for your travel time, they cut you short on your money to buy food, the breaks are short, bad time management, the managers don't do their jobs and almost everything work related is out of town. We leave really early and come home really late.
Great place if you are with goox employers.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2019
My only issue was with other employers. There were some questionable actions done, but still remained employed. Basic job for basic skills. Nothing more to say.
Nah
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Bay, CAMay 30, 2019
Just don’t be a security guard at all unless you are fine with doing a mindless job, taking the blame for everything. Go to school and get some real skills.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
No benefits, no direct deposit, sites suck, the other guards suck and can cost you your favorite site because of accounts being lost
Management is no good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLCoral GablesMay 13, 2019
Management is no good I told management that I need overnight and they said they was going to give me overnight and then when I called couple of days later management told me not to call them they going call me they never call me back management took me off schedule every time I call to talk to someone nobody and management is not there
Good Job, not much of a Career though
Security (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2019
I don't have much to say concerning the work culture as you are working as a contractor in various locations. How much you enjoy the job is based on your site and your duties on the site. My only biggest issue is that the pay is not that good and there's not many benefits aside from Life Insurance (which should be mandatory for any Security Company). Nonetheless, the money will get your bills paid. Just don't plan on growing here. It's not that big of a company. Job Security is good! Since turnover rates can be high, and more companies rely on security now than ever, even not so good Officers maintain their positions. They want to keep as many warm bodies on site as possible.

Treat it as a job and you'll be content. Treat it as a career and you will be bitterly disappointed.
Day at work
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northwest DCApril 24, 2019
Typically you're signing in visitors as well as deliveries. The most enjoyable part would be you have quite a lot of free time on a slow day and pretty easy
come do the job and keep it moving
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 22, 2019
Have nothing to say bad or good about the company i come to work do the job and keep it moving I have nothing to say i am a private person i speak to all and smile
fair
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2019
well I cannot said much if you want to work over time you will make a lot of over time but there's time you ready to go home you have no one to release you. and even if you let management knows two weeks in advance you leaving they ignored the situation completely. when decided to leave now they put bad report on you like you never told them that you was leaving and they never gave you no raise at all I don't know for others but I didn't get nothing at all no matter how many time I asked
It could be a little unorganized at times . But its an okay site to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 26, 2019
Location a little far. Enjoy working with my coworker's everyone gets along.lead officer and supervisor can be a little unorganized but we do our job.
Pros
Coworker's are nice and Management can be ikay sometimes
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Security
Professional Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAMarch 26, 2019
Patrol Parking Area and Secured Premises
Patrolling the E-Bart
Called Police or fire Dept in cases of emergencies , such as fire presence or and suspicious
Unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2019
The job is very relaxed you get to sit the entire shift answer phone but management makes the job stressful. Supervisor will not inform you if your relief calls out or late, if your relief doesn't show you must stay over, it's too much gossiping between employees, they try to make you work mandatory weekends and throw you on the schedule without informing you, Supervisor treats you any kind of way just because their tired, it's hard to call out even for emergencies or leave early for and emergency you must wait for relief if they can find someone, not worth the stress find a Security company that has a set schedule
Pros
Sit the entire shift
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 11, 2019
The company is huge in staffing and work where employees have the opportunity to climb the ladder in job position. Employees have the opportunity to make this company as a career.
Great company to work for!
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love that an employee did not have to have prior experience or had to pay to get your security license!! The staff and managers that worked with me while I was there were very helpful, down to earth and awesome to work with!
This job is okay.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 28, 2019
It's okay if you don't need money to support yourself. There is no way for advancement in this company. You will stay a security guard for a long time.
Pros
Iike the site I'm at
Cons
Bad manager
Okay place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2019
They are a good company but they dont hire from within. They are quick to get rid of someone even if the grounds are unfounded and not true. They will not promote you even if you are a dedicated worker and care about the client way more than the employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
They need more care with employees.
I wouldn't recommend it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2019
The supervisors are all friends. They share their personal opinions with each other to keep certain people from getting a promotion or better location even hours. They say they hire inhouse for advancement but pick and choose even if the person isn't reliable or trained
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
I Would not accept a position with the Company again.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 8, 2019
Upper management was reasonable and fair. However, management at the job site was mixed. Some individuals were qualified and competent, others were not. There was also a great deal of friction in management at this level, and it was detrimental to morale. A very high turnover rate was the result. That was a shame, as the business we served provided a very nice place to work.
Pros
Contracted company we worked for, was a nice place to work.
Cons
Constant infighting and contradiction in site management was very demoralizing.
Site supervisor was awesome
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 1, 2019
Not enough hours are offered. Company is skimpy with pay raises. Liked the Monday through Friday aspect of it though. Site supervisor was awesome. She would do everything in her power to accommodate your needs. Overall not too bad to work for,
Just Think Before You go here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 24, 2018
I worked for this company for 5 years, Was only Promoted 1 time. Only got a 1 raise. Other then that you can't move up. You always end up covering someone else shift cause people call out. or there late. We won't get into payroll and how messed up that can be. Some mangers are OK. Others don't enforce rules but they break them. Some can't keep up with papers. If you order uniform make sure you can keep then up yourself. cause if you ask for more you might not get them in 2 years. They always have some excuse of why they haven't came in or they blame corporate.

Just think before you apply here
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
people are always late
Stressful and Challenging.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 16, 2018
Sometime working in the alley trying to get people not to park in the alley would be challenging but at the same time you would meet some real nice people who would understand your job and give you no troubles.
Pros
Was paid for our lunch time
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Security. Our community is ready to answer.