Admiral Security Employee Reviews

Working for Admiral
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2019
In the beginning I was always getting work, but now not so much. Its hard time becoming a full time employee. Haven't received a raise its been over a year
Cons
no incentive to advance
Very family oriented company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 17, 2019
Contracts are the security to your job. That's the big risk factor. The employees are great to work with and helpful as well. I would still recommend them to others.
Easy Job
Account Manager/ Major (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 9, 2019
A typical day at work would be arriving 10-15 minutes prior to meet with supervisors and get pass downs to tackle the next shift effectively. I learned with your hard work you can advance and achieve your goals anywhere you go no matter who you are as long as you set your mind to thrive. The hardest part of the job was rush hour when all the trucks entered the facility before their schedule time and we would have a lane back up down the road and employees upset and complaining because they were late. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing patrols.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
healthcare
PT job Review
AARP Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2019
My Pt company is a great company to work for.Th add company does a great job with trainings and a great job with family handling lost wages and they does a great job with there training.
Get ready for a lot work politics
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2019
Okay so I have a very iffy opinion about Admiral. While I got plenty of hours and overtime there were a lot of things I didn't like while working there. First off the upper management was awful at the site I worked at. Extremely sexist toward women. I was constantly questioned on whether or not I could do the most simple of tasks. It seemed like all of them men could do as they pleased. Showed up whenever the felt like it among other things.
The positive things besides all the work you can handle was the clientele on my site were very friendly. They even gave the women flowers on mother's day.
Pros
plenty of hours and overtime
Cons
not women friendly
Unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2019
The job is very relaxed you get to sit the entire shift answer phone but management makes the job stressful. Supervisor will not inform you if your relief calls out or late, if your relief doesn't show you must stay over, it's too much gossiping between employees, they try to make you work mandatory weekends and throw you on the schedule without informing you, Supervisor treats you any kind of way just because their tired, it's hard to call out even for emergencies or leave early for and emergency you must wait for relief if they can find someone, not worth the stress find a Security company that has a set schedule
Pros
Sit the entire shift
very professional setting
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 20, 2019
everyday was a safe environment to work in.
what I've learned working at the site is people are going to be people and we just deal with it accordingly and professionally
Have been with them 5+ years
Sergeant (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Admiral security gives you the chance for advancement if you want it, but if you are a motivated and dedicated officer you can forget about having a life outside of work. They will work you 60-72 hours a week if you will allow them too. The don't notify you of Changes in insurance or give you the chance to decide if you still want the insurance from year to year. The pay stinks compared to other security company in the area. They don't appreciate their dedicated employees and if they do they never show it. I live my job but I am burned out due to them over working me and never giving me a that's gal/boy.
Pros
Advancement in the company
Cons
Pay suck, schedule sucks, no appreciation, horrible benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 11, 2019
The company is huge in staffing and work where employees have the opportunity to climb the ladder in job position. Employees have the opportunity to make this company as a career.
Admiral Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2019
this isn't a company you should expect to be at long term , unless you are just there for extra money to pay your bills, every post is different. be honest with the company and yourself.
Great company to work for!
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love that an employee did not have to have prior experience or had to pay to get your security license!! The staff and managers that worked with me while I was there were very helpful, down to earth and awesome to work with!
This job is okay.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 28, 2019
It's okay if you don't need money to support yourself. There is no way for advancement in this company. You will stay a security guard for a long time.
Pros
Iike the site I'm at
Cons
Bad manager
Day to day challenges
Security Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2019
Great company to work for they promote from within and give you all training needed to be a great employee and managers. Monthly meeting on the companies vision and the future
Pros
Understanding managers
Okay place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2019
They are a good company but they dont hire from within. They are quick to get rid of someone even if the grounds are unfounded and not true. They will not promote you even if you are a dedicated worker and care about the client way more than the employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
They need more care with employees.
This job was ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 14, 2019
I can honestly say that this was an easy job it just got kind of lonely sometimes because you was constantly by yourself and having to stand on your feet for hours at a time but it was good.
I wouldn't recommend it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2019
The supervisors are all friends. They share their personal opinions with each other to keep certain people from getting a promotion or better location even hours. They say they hire inhouse for advancement but pick and choose even if the person isn't reliable or trained
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
I Would not accept a position with the Company again.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 8, 2019
Upper management was reasonable and fair. However, management at the job site was mixed. Some individuals were qualified and competent, others were not. There was also a great deal of friction in management at this level, and it was detrimental to morale. A very high turnover rate was the result. That was a shame, as the business we served provided a very nice place to work.
Pros
Contracted company we worked for, was a nice place to work.
Cons
Constant infighting and contradiction in site management was very demoralizing.
Security Guard Floater (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
It can be busy but entertaining, it is never a dual moment. You get a chance to meet and interact with a well diversify group of individual who worked in the building being secured.

You have meet people where they are and deal with them accordingly.

The workplace culture is nice and inviting. When you have someone on the premise that should not be on the premise. If they refuse to
move it would have to be elevated to include the police involvement to assist with the matter.

Smiling and making the customer happy.
Learning to work and grow as a team
SPO ACCOUNT MANGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
Being an account Manager was a learning process. It wasn't easy. What this role has done for my life personally and professionally is nothing short of amazing. Balance is the name of the game when working in management
Good job if you have a dependable car
Traffic Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Forsyth County, NCJanuary 7, 2019
Can be stressful at times, but not too difficult. Shifts were split to one in the morning and second in the afternoon. Full time employment was difficult to attain due times of school atart/release.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Security. Our community is ready to answer.