Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos & Los Gatos

Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos & Los Gatos Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
Great and demanding clientele base, no mistakes allowed. Many highly qualified doctors. Many room for learning. Fast paced. Needs more personal touch, more compassion.
It's a great place to work with something new everyday. High end medicine with the latest in technology Management is very supportive of the needs of the staff.
The hosptial is one of the largest in California, you can work between departments, you can see lots of interesting cases and everyone you work with is willing to help. I Loved worked for Adobe, if I didn't move I would still be working for them!
Adobe has awesome team members. Their hiring process is pretty picky, so they overall employ great people on the floor. This can be a positive and a negative, however - great people are employed, but because they are so picky, they are often short staffed. Management can be challenging - they are often out of touch with the actual workers. Some management listens better than others, but when it comes to making changes in the overall structure or system, it is very difficult - either management is very slow to change something, or they don't believe it needs to be changed. Additionally, the path for advancement is very bogged down and challenging - having to show several repetitions of a task in front of a manager in order to prove you have the skill to be bumped up to the next level of technician and/or pay grade.
The level of medicine overall is excellent, and most of the clients are great. Really feel like you are helping both your coworkers and your clients. Some of the cases are challenging - can be a good place to learn.
Pros
Great coworkers, excellent medicine, challenging cases, good clients.
Cons
I have worked in several types of environments, but this one is by far the BEST I have ever had! The love, respect and care for the residents. I have observed some amazing people loving what they do and who they work for! The people and culture are fantastic.Good benefits. Adobe in one word, FAMILY!
I really enjoyed my time at Adobe Animal Hospital as there is always something new to learn each day, co-workers were generally helpful, and it's fun to see the animals and pet parents.
The hours are long and at times the cases that come in can be sad and difficult to deal with, but staff is supportive if you need a breather.
Pros
Always oppourtunites to learn, helpful co-workers, free food on weekends
Cons
Long hours, sad cases at times
Out of everywhere I've worked so far, Adobe by far stands out as the place I've been happiest at.

The culture at the hospital is amazingly respectful and supportive; doctors discuss cases with each other and work to keep any one person from being overwhelmed. The staff are extremely technically skilled and competent, and the hospital works to keep them - they have a huge focus on continuing education and training (not just for the staff, but for us veterinarians as well). The hospital is owned and managed by people who actually work here and are affected by hospital policies - they really go out of their way to provide good working conditions and a healthy quality of life.

One particularly nice thing is that the 'daytime' doctors are trained & expected to cover a few shifts of overnight time in the ER every year, in order to make sure the night doctors can actually have time off and don't end up horribly overworked. (Plus the ICU has a critical care specialist on-staff who's been amazing about giving advice and helping out on tough cases!) And when you're off, you're actually off - other doctors will take over inpatients for you and oversee their care when you're not in the hospital, so no midnight calls.

Overall, definitely recommend this as a place to work - it's a great group of people to work with, and they have their heads and hearts in the right place.
It has been so long since I worked here, I don't have any comments to share at this time. The people were great otherwise. Small company/family feel. It was memorable.
I am currently a full time ICU technician who works swing shifts. I love Adobe and have no intentions on leaving any time soon! I have been here for 3 years and the first year and a half I was an intern (graduated from Foothill VT program). The internship program here is really unlike any in the area. Interns get to rotate throughout the different departments and really get a feel for the different areas an RVT can work in. Also, because Adobe has been doing internships for so long they have a really well set up system for the interns with skills lists and worksheets made just for the interns specific to the department they are rotating in.

As an ICU technician I really get to use the skills I learned in school and apply my knowledge every day. The doctors truly rely on the techs to be their eyes and hands in the ICU. They often ask us "do you think there is anything I'm missing for this patient? or In your opinion does he/she seem more painful/nauseated/dysphoric etc?"

Adobe has set me up to be a great technician from finishing their internship program to becoming a licensed technician and now I am looking forward to getting my VTS in ECC in the next couple years and I know that I will have all the opportunities and support from management to do so.
Pros
endless opportunities, free food on weekends, swing/weekend/night differentials
Cons
fast work pace and heavy case loads
I was a client with Adobe for about 10 years prior to being employed with them. The level of care I received for my pets over those years & my passion for animals is what drove me to pursue a job here. The amount of support shown by management for the entire staff, the teamwork displayed by each department, & the overall shared passion for animals truly makes Adobe an outstanding place to work.
Pros
staff is super close, free lunch on weekends, paid sick & time off, hardworking team, weekend pay differential, option for 4/10 hour shifts
Adobe is a fantastic hospital with a team oriented environment. The technical staff is incredible and the doctors are always willing to collaborate on cases. I love my job because of the amazing people that I work with. Not only are the RVTs (and some VTS's!) immensely smart but their patient care is superb. The doctors work together to solve tough cases and we genuinely care about each other's happiness in the workplace. Adobe encourages advanced education, with each doctor serving a special niche within the practice. Adobe strives to provide the best medical care possible while also keeping the client educated about their pet. The entire staff at Adobe is very supportive and I look forward to working many many more years at this hospital.
Pros
Supportive environment, skilled staff, high case load, well equipped new hospital
Cons
Very busy/high case load, weekend shifts
Adobe has a very collegiate atmosphere among the doctors and technical staff that is rare to find in private practice. There is no competition for cases and no pressure to meet financial benchmarks because doctors and staff members are not paid on commission. Adobe culture and vision is to focus on the client and the patient needs, to offer the highest quality medicine. There is a team approach to medicine and surgery and with such a large variety of interests and experience within the group we are able to provide the best medicine.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, high case load, supportive learning environment, highly skilled technical staff
Cons
Busy and hectic at times
Adobe is an excellent hospital that provides the highest level of patient and client care. We are blessed with a clientele committed to providing the best care for their pets, which makes practice very rewarding and allows you to follow through on cases, hospitalize in ICU, pursue surgery, endoscopy, ultrasound, etc in house.
There are a lot of veterinarians here, which means there are multiple doctors to consult on a case with. All the toys you could ask for - ventilator, full ICU, 3 surgical suites including orthopedic-only suite, dentistry department, pharmacy department.

Great continuing education support, especially if you have a special interest that you want to pursue.

The technicians are amazing - incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, and great at patient care.

Definitely fast paced with a lot of variety. Mix of general practice and emergency. Several boarded veterinarians, and specialty boarded technicians.

The other doctors are really fun and supportive and definitely my favorite part of the job. Great team environment.
Pros
coworkers, clients, facilities, location, free lunch on weekends
Cons
Very fast paced, high stress
The focus at this hospital is on quality care and constant learning. The equipment is comparable to any specialty hospital, and the technicians are extremely competent and knowledgeable.

My favorite thing about Adobe is the level of cooperation and teamwork. There are enough vets at this practice that there is always someone available and willing to consult on a case, help with an ultrasound, or scrub in to surgery to assist.
Pros
Focus is on evidence based medicine, not on production
Adobe has a phenomenal group of doctors and work place culture. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and in so doing, excellent client service. Plus, we love working together!
I feel incredibly lucky to have the support of the doctors, techs, assistants, and the rest of the staff that I do at Adobe. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Pros
the people
Before joining the team at Adobe Animal Hospital I had already been in veterinary medicine for 14 years. Since coming to Adobe I feel I have been able to grow as a technician so much. I have been able to achieve career goals that I had not been able to achieve elsewhere. The job culture is awesome, feels like a family. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. I look forward to working many more years at Adobe.
Pros
BBQ on weekends!
Working at Adobe has been on of the most amazing jobs I have ever had.
Everyone pushes each other to be better for our clients and pets regardless of what department you work in. We have a great leadership team that allows employees to grow to the best they can be!

Being in the veterinary field is very emotional at times and Adobe makes sure you have all the resources you need to help deal with that.

If you are looking to expand your career in veterinary medicine Adobe is the place to be! We have all the latest and greatest equipment to treat some really great cases.

Also Adobe is really into getting in the community and educating, which is really beneficial to pets well being!
Pros
Lunches or breakfast on Weekends, excellent clients/pets, great leadership, lots of opportunities for growth
Everyone was helpful and also pleasant. They all taught me what i needed to know. It wasn't only telling what i needed to know it was also hands on. hands on is the way i learn best.
Veterinarians and technicians are eager to explain any questions, and I usually have many, so I appreciate being able to work and learn at the same time. A typical day of work is ten hours that consists of non-stop standing, walking, and cleaning, which I enjoy because I like to stay busy. The hospital employs over 20 veterinarians and provides 24 hour emergency service, so there is hardly any down time. Sometimes this gets tiring, but there is always something to do which is one of my favorite parts of working here. I am able to observe surgeries when time permits, which is another plus. I learned to speak confidently with others, and to be assertive when necessary. I am proud to have finally acquired these skills, as I have always been shy and quiet. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate and share mutual respect with the other employees. The hardest part of the job is that it gets very busy and requires hours of fast-paced work while making sure to work efficiently in order to keep the clients happy, and allow the doctors to go into their appointments on time. There is a love-hate relationship with this part of the job because at the end of a busy day, also comes a feeling of great accomplishment!
Pros
respectful co-workers, lunch provided on weekends, doctors willing to teach
Adobe is a busy 25 doctor hospital that is open 24 hours/7 days per week. I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from the advances techniques used both by our emergency team and ICU team.
I am the urgent care/emergency technician for the weekends and I love the work!