Adolescent Growth Employee Reviews in Commerce, CA

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
I loved the meaning behind the job
Admissions Representative / Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 11, 2019
I love caring for others. I enjoy my job when it actually means something.
My job description was to speak to the parents/guardians of the juvenile and explain our recovery program. Access the child and input the info into the system and pass in on to create an appointment to meet with the parents
Turned to nightmare
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 1, 2016
HR changed my job title and duties without asking me. I was punished for showing a very troubled kid empathy. I was not allowed to let them talk about drugs or even laugh, even though I believe in letting kids build rapport with each other and all were there for addiction.

I was punished without HR even consulting with my supervisor.
Pros
Adorable cats, very nice supervisor
Cons
No communication with management, clients there for irrelevant amounts of time, favoritism
Very Happy Here at Adolescent Growth
Life Skills Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 4, 2016
In my general impression of the company: AGI is one of the best companies that I have ever had the pleasure of working for. Everyone shows compassion, genuine care, and concern for each other; corporate, staff, and clients included. I under went surgery unexpectedly and had to take a total of three weeks off of work. And instead of rushing me to get better or finding a replacement, HR sent me flowers and check in phone calls to help with my recovery. It is the first company that I felt most appreciated and valued as an employee. I plan on working hard for the integrity of this company for a very long time.

Staff is genuinely here for the main purpose of the company's goal and that is for the treatment and recovery of adolescents and adults who have made a decision about getting help and need the extra care and attention in order to achieve their recovery goals. We focus more on WHY a person has become an addict and teach them: healthy coping skills, assertive communication skills, and healthy relationship techniques and strategies, well enough so they are able to practice utilizing them at the facility and teach others after and outside of treatment.
Pros
Employee are shown appreciation and are treated as a valued member of a bigger purpose.
Cons
No Cons :)