Adorama Employee Reviews

Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Don’t get too comfortable, be kind and smart. Good energy and very good vibes. Some customer are crazy and Some employees are crazier , but overall it’s ok
Pros
Lunch and peers
Cons
Managers
Environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManJune 19, 2018
Great environment
working there helpped me as a individual learn about Different religion and how a business should be opperated. Also how to manage situations that may come.
One of the worst places to work in NJ
Recieving, Packing, Photography (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 24, 2018
If you are looking for legitimate work, this is not the place. The managers are ALWAYS on you about what ever you’re doing. The work atmosphere in the whole building is horrible. If you are 5 minutes over your 30 minute mandatory lunch, they have a “conversation” with you. They don’t even care when your kids are sick! They pay you just below average, then they give you a raise and then you never get a one again. I’ve seen them treat people pretty bad. I’ve worked all over that building in Elizabeth and trust me, nobody’s happy! The building leaks and smells weird when it rains. And they expect you to come in when there’s a blizzard outside!! The last big snow we had they were telling me to come in before the roads were even plowed!! Seriously stay away.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Work atmosphere, bad management, no space, lunch too short, long hours
Don't recommend
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
Old school culture. Horrible data integrity. Zero support from management. A lot of smart, talented people quit - some got dismissed unfairly. CYA culture.
Pros
insurance is fully paid if you're single; Fridays half days
Cons
Very little PTO, Company is still in dark ages, No support from management
ok
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
The job was great. I was a greeter. I was fired for a misunderstanding with a next door buisness. The staff is awesome. and they have the best camera equimpents around.
Understaffed, anything but collaborative
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Toxic environment for me. Everyone seemed to have their own agenda. If your needs didn't fit in with theirs, good luck getting anything done. "Forced" vacation around Jewish holidays.
Cons
poor healthcare plan
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2017
Good people to work with.
Learned about the different equipment sold.
Learned from the different speakers at the weekly classes.
Good people in management.
Very Old fashioned structure
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
The pay is very low. The systems used are from 1987 literally . There is room for advancement but , again the pay is so low . I think they literally pay minimum wage for specialist positions .
Pros
paid half hour lunch, flexible
Cons
very very very low pay
Was ok it was a constant change in management
Pick and Pack/ Cycle Count (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Hard to advance short lunch breaks. Nobody is on the same page. The sales team was pretty cool. A lot of cut throats things where going on. I like my work but the politcs behind the job was really stressing. Was promised raises but before the time came management switched.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Medium size company with some employee to employee issues, not a lot of room to grow.
Photo Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Working in Adorama had its ups and downs. I think certain management need replacing as they do not listen to their employees needs but there were some that did a good job. Unfortunately for me, I had a good manager but no room to grow whatsoever.
Pros
free snacks on certain days
Cons
short breaks, healthcare is expensive
Chill
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 3, 2017
Very big warehouse but so many hours but could never complain because the pay wasn't bad at all since day one. Just keep your head and do your job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 29, 2016
Good company for a beginner worker.
Good warehouse environment
Free lunch.
Is a good company
No opportunity to grow up
.....................................
Great
Fabric and hardcover book maker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2016
Team work is important and thats what you find in a work place like that. The learning experience is great the environment is also great. Helped me improve on my organization skills and time management which is also very important on the job and everyday life so, im thankful for that. Very good company to work with.
Pros
Everyone is helpful and friendly
Very hostile environment. Not recommended for anyone
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 22, 2016
Unfairness of company based on religion. Unprofessionalism of managers makes it hard to work. Dirty work area. Very unsafe. Very bias to a certain type of people. While i worked there employees were threaten/hurt by company management. Very unsafe place to work.
Cons
Healthcare
Not a professional environment to work for
Assistant buyer / Pro Photo Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2015
Taking mail orders over the phone and answering questions on all types of products pertaining to photography, computers and so on. I learned how to deal with different products other than photography and computers. Management was not available to assist on any matters that was work related. Very disorganized and an unprofessional environment to work for. Co-workers were not helpful and very self absorbed with there own work. Constant complaints about the companies work methods. There was no training on using there computer program to access orders, shipping methods, or check on product availability. The best part of the job was the easy access to call back or email a client at any given time.
Pros
Free lunches under 35 minutes, Paid Holidays. Early Fridays.
Cons
They do not have a good Healthcare plan and very expensive. Very hostile environment.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
• Implemented business proposals with colleges universities, cities, counties etc. about the company and its products
• Communicated business status and activities to upper management
• Liaison between staff and management
• Created spreadsheets and presentations for corporate executives
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Minority of women
No Thanks
Sales Associate (Long Term Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
No Thanks I would rather not say anything. I would prefer to keep it to myself.
Pros
Bonus for being ontime daily
Cons
Way too many to list
Managing sales
Manager of Government & Educational Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
A typical day involved searching for new opportunities while managing the sales and support staff.

Management tried to be helpful but were constrained by the owners in what they were allowed to offer as assistance and guidance.

The co-workers were a descent group of people who would have like to have more support.

The hardest part of the day was dealing with some of the frustrations of the sales and support team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the cohesiveness of our staff and there willing to share and support.
Normal day at work
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan NyAugust 24, 2014
It was a normal day at work, good/friendly co-workers. Hardest part of the job was standing on the sun/heat.
descent but not great
printer maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2014
overall its an ok environment to work in but they will take advantage of employees and not pay at a right wage but its a perfect job to start off with if you looking for temporarily.
Pros
free pics if needed
Cons
pictures can be given free if needed or asked