Adorama Employee Reviews

Excellent short term job
Indexer (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 21, 2018
Come in, don't talk to anyone, do your repetitive job, leave, make a reliable paycheck.

no phones at work, but you can listen to music or podcasts.

less than great managers
Human Resources
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 12, 2018
My comment is about the Human Resources manager at the warehouse center Elizabeth, NJ. I had the opportunity to meet with her about a warehouse job and I have to say that this person was very rude and unprofessional. When she interviewed me, she looked tired, she hardly made questions and spent only about 5 minutes with me. I felt I didn't get the opportunity to talk about the different areas of warehouse experience I have. I was discriminated That woman does not do her job well enough. Please, Adorama have better selection for you staff employees. I was excited working for Adorama and working extra hours.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Human resources manager
Worst place I've ever worked
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 4, 2018
This place was horrible. The warehouse is a very dirty even by warehouse standards and very unsafe. You bring issues to management's attention and they are ignored. They discriminate against anyone not part of their religion. Which means if you are not Jewish you will not be promoted in that warehouse. They try to force you to work more and more hours all the time. Then you do them a favor and work holidays and they do not pay time and a half for holidays. Thier products are grey market or out right fakes alot of times and they willingly sell these to their customers. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Need a better management team.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Working at adorama was ok. The management team don’t know how to manage, especially SHOBA. Manager would scream at you in front of customers. They are unfair and don’t know what they are doing. If they had a better management team this would be a better job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers, short break, dirty & dusty
HORRIBLE and PREJUDICE work atmosphere
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 4, 2018
This job was the absolute worst experience I’ve ever had to be in. No matter what your work ethic is, they find a way to belittle and degrade you. The management is highly unprofessional and you don’t see or talk to the higher ups until there’s a problem. I would never recommend this job to ANYONE no matter how desperate you are. They signal out people that don’t fit the “nationality” that they’re looking for. If you don’t fit the mold, the find a way to get rid of you. #racematters at this place.
Pros
Can’t think of not one
Cons
Everything about this place from environment to staff. STAY AWAY!
Good job
Curbside agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
It is a good work place, decent pay great colleagues . It is a good work environment. Your bosses are understanding and approachable. Will work around 35-40 hours a week
Somewhat stressful environment with pressure to overachieve
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Direct manager is very helpful and offers any help possible to get you to achieve goals. Coworkers are a mix of helpful to obstructive. Training sessions are held regularly for new equipment as well as strategies for gaining new business.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Don’t get too comfortable, be kind and smart. Good energy and very good vibes. Some customer are crazy and Some employees are crazier , but overall it’s ok
Pros
Lunch and peers
Cons
Managers
Environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManJune 19, 2018
Great environment
working there helpped me as a individual learn about Different religion and how a business should be opperated. Also how to manage situations that may come.
One of the worst places to work in NJ
Recieving, Packing, Photography (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 24, 2018
If you are looking for legitimate work, this is not the place. The managers are ALWAYS on you about what ever you’re doing. The work atmosphere in the whole building is horrible. If you are 5 minutes over your 30 minute mandatory lunch, they have a “conversation” with you. They don’t even care when your kids are sick! They pay you just below average, then they give you a raise and then you never get a one again. I’ve seen them treat people pretty bad. I’ve worked all over that building in Elizabeth and trust me, nobody’s happy! The building leaks and smells weird when it rains. And they expect you to come in when there’s a blizzard outside!! The last big snow we had they were telling me to come in before the roads were even plowed!! Seriously stay away.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Work atmosphere, bad management, no space, lunch too short, long hours
Don't recommend
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
Old school culture. Horrible data integrity. Zero support from management. A lot of smart, talented people quit - some got dismissed unfairly. CYA culture.
Pros
insurance is fully paid if you're single; Fridays half days
Cons
Very little PTO, Company is still in dark ages, No support from management
Take a chance
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
With all the changes going on with management and corporate web structure, job security is something to worry about. The people at the company are friendly and easy to get along with but everyone seems to be out for themselves
ok
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
The job was great. I was a greeter. I was fired for a misunderstanding with a next door buisness. The staff is awesome. and they have the best camera equimpents around.
Understaffed, anything but collaborative
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Toxic environment for me. Everyone seemed to have their own agenda. If your needs didn't fit in with theirs, good luck getting anything done. "Forced" vacation around Jewish holidays.
Cons
poor healthcare plan
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2017
Good people to work with.
Learned about the different equipment sold.
Learned from the different speakers at the weekly classes.
Good people in management.
Very Old fashioned structure
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
The pay is very low. The systems used are from 1987 literally . There is room for advancement but , again the pay is so low . I think they literally pay minimum wage for specialist positions .
Pros
paid half hour lunch, flexible
Cons
very very very low pay
Was ok it was a constant change in management
Pick and Pack/ Cycle Count (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Hard to advance short lunch breaks. Nobody is on the same page. The sales team was pretty cool. A lot of cut throats things where going on. I like my work but the politcs behind the job was really stressing. Was promised raises but before the time came management switched.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Medium size company with some employee to employee issues, not a lot of room to grow.
Photo Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Working in Adorama had its ups and downs. I think certain management need replacing as they do not listen to their employees needs but there were some that did a good job. Unfortunately for me, I had a good manager but no room to grow whatsoever.
Pros
free snacks on certain days
Cons
short breaks, healthcare is expensive
Chill
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 3, 2017
Very big warehouse but so many hours but could never complain because the pay wasn't bad at all since day one. Just keep your head and do your job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 29, 2016
Good company for a beginner worker.
Good warehouse environment
Free lunch.
Is a good company
No opportunity to grow up
.....................................