ADS Inc Employee Reviews

Good place to work for
Inventory Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Springfield, VTNovember 8, 2017
High paced friendly place to work. Team oriented. Family friendly. Good benefits.
If you ever get a chance to work here I would highly recommend it. The only reason I am no longer at ADS is because they closed the plant that I was working.
Very competitive work environment with hundreds of professionals.
Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2017
Very competitive work environment with hundreds of professionals. There seems to be a lack of downward communication from many of the high level managers.
Overall, I would recommend people to work for ADS, however, there seems to be a fairly high turnover rate within many of the sales positions.
Production plant
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Millington, MIAugust 31, 2017
Look at parts as production is happening for good quality parts. Provide feedback to operator on their quality. Enjoyed the team work of all the employees I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Good hour
Cons
Losing business
Great work environment but lacks advancement or job security.
Fork Lift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Awesome workplace to be involved with but management is very inconsistent and the promise of a permanent job after hard work was non present. 10 temps were hired and non were asked to stay permanent including myself. Nevertheless, they are a very reputable company and they are listed as #48 and #42 on the Forbes and Fortune 500 lists respectively. It was very rewarding work in the regard that it is the leading defense contractor for the armed forces and private military.
Pros
Hour lunch, independent work duties and responsibilities, incentives and luncheons.
Cons
No advancement, no individual worth, lack of team environment and morale.
Learned a lot there
Crane Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 17, 2016
Fast moving need to want to work and be very driven to succeed at your job. Must be a fast learner. Must be open to travel. Need to understand business and sales. Need to understand government sales.
Productive company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2014
Traveled the united states to all Air Force bases and sold tools, equipment, kits and Tactical gear to the war fighters of the DOD
it has pleasure to work there.
Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palisades, N.Y.September 30, 2013
Work environment is not up to mark,but it has the job security.
Small Local Business
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 28, 2013
I enjoyed myself when I worked at ADS. There were plenty of mandatory breaks and little extras that made the experience enjoyable. The only knock I would give ADS is that management tried to copy the Asian format of a work environment. It was by far the quietest warehouse I have ever worked in.
Pros
Free lunches, ample holidays off, free gym membership
Cons
Management provided a too strict of environment
Fast paced work hard play hard environment
Kitting Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2013
In my opinion ADS is the best small business, government contracting company one could work for. The culture encourages a team environment. ADS is a results driven culture that encourages their employees to enjoy their jobs and the people they work with.

The company's knowledge of government procurement and the warfighter's needs keeps ADS ahead of the curve.