ADS Inc

ADS Inc Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

Overall great company, great benefits, and great co-workers. Only con is management for the Air Force team. They drag you around and give you meaningless tasks until you can't take it anymore and you are forced to quit.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Air Force Management is very poor
Industry leader for a reason. ADS invests 110% in their biggest asset, their PEOPLE. Customer focused and driven, the environment is a work hard/play hard atmosphere that provides a platform for your ideas and business strategies to be voiced and considered by the executive staff daily.
I loved the work. It definitely was hard work, and was not easy, but the pay and benefits are incredible for this region. I also felt rewarded as the company really truly does care about the customers and puts their needs above the bottom line. That is a good feeling. But the best part is how they cared for us. Not many know this but ADS pays 100% of the cost of healthcare. 100%. I didn't appreciate it until I started my new job and saw my health insurance premiums.
Pros
Healthcare, rewarding
Cons
hard work, tough hours
This company is a very cut throat industry. They just look at you as a body not a person. If you were not a frat brother, there was no advancement for you. Paid well but worked you to death.
I only know about the warehouse. Can be a very good place to work but I feel they underappreciate their warehouse staff. The PAY is low by industry standards and increases are low
Pros
Your work helps those who protect us..military, law enforcement, first responders
Cons
Low pay
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Very competitive work environment with hundreds of professionals. There seems to be a lack of downward communication from many of the high level managers. Overall, I would recommend people to work for ADS, however, there seems to be a fairly high turnover rate within many of the sales positions.
Awesome workplace to be involved with but management is very inconsistent and the promise of a permanent job after hard work was non present. 10 temps were hired and non were asked to stay permanent including myself. Nevertheless, they are a very reputable company and they are listed as #48 and #42 on the Forbes and Fortune 500 lists respectively. It was very rewarding work in the regard that it is the leading defense contractor for the armed forces and private military.
Pros
Hour lunch, independent work duties and responsibilities, incentives and luncheons.
Cons
No advancement, no individual worth, lack of team environment and morale.
Fast moving need to want to work and be very driven to succeed at your job. Must be a fast learner. Must be open to travel. Need to understand business and sales. Need to understand government sales.
Traveled the united states to all Air Force bases and sold tools, equipment, kits and Tactical gear to the war fighters of the DOD
I enjoyed myself when I worked at ADS. There were plenty of mandatory breaks and little extras that made the experience enjoyable. The only knock I would give ADS is that management tried to copy the Asian format of a work environment. It was by far the quietest warehouse I have ever worked in.
Pros
Free lunches, ample holidays off, free gym membership
Cons
Management provided a too strict of environment
In my opinion ADS is the best small business, government contracting company one could work for. The culture encourages a team environment. ADS is a results driven culture that encourages their employees to enjoy their jobs and the people they work with.The company's knowledge of government procurement and the warfighter's needs keeps ADS ahead of the curve.