ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

I liked working for ADT. A pleasant environment.
Security Guard/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2018
I really liked working for ADT.. Management was great I liked my schedule . Really great company to work for. However they no long have posts for security guards.
Pros
Had a great schedule weekends off and 2 hours of overtime.
Cons
No longer have posts for security guards
Constant changes it's not the same anymore
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2018
After working here for almost 2 years the company has changed ALOT! When you see tenured seasoned people who have been here 10 yrs plus leaving that says a lot. Bouns structure is hardly anything anymore, It's hard to get OT scheduled. They ONLY promote within if you are one of the favorites. If you ask 3 managers the same question you will get 3 different answers. I used to love coming to work but it's a chore. The benefits were great however they cannot keep new people.
Pros
Free coffee, Made a few friends, Great Team managers, Dental benefits
Cons
Bonus, Too many calls, no structure, morale is low
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WAJuly 19, 2018
Worse experience ever, plan to use your gas, your car, and do a lot of door knocks and cold calls. I have not worked there for several years and heard they have made a few changes to compensation for gas but its still a joke.

If you have ADT - just remember they provide a service for security on the backs of under paid and under appreciated employees.
Decent place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
The company is no longer ADT and was bought out twice in the time I have been here. It is now Johnson Controls. A typical work day is steady but not too busy. Management is not the micro manage style unless given reason to do so.
management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 18, 2018
Management was awesome

I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers, assessing their homes to get them the best system possible
Great Compensation and Benefits
National Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2018
That was about it, Culture and management styles are awful. Micromanaging you do death. Managers arent on the same page and pull you different directions.
Was there more than 7 years...now im leaving
CORPORATE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
The management in San Diego is not good. You may have better luck in other areas of the US. Overall the company is great and offers a great service, BUT can leave their customers in the wind.
Horrible workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 17, 2018
This is the worst place i have ever worked for. This company is so unorganized and unprofessional. They do not care about their employees and do not take care of them. I would definitely NOT recommend working for this company
Demanding Difficult Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 17, 2018
Dreadful culture/no culture. Disconnect between management and remote offices. On call 7 days a week. Endless micromanagement. Unrealistic expectations. Compensation changes often and never in employees favor.
unknown
Security Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
I don't care about your review, blah blah blah, ready for this mimimum letter thing to be done with cause im not going to say anything here so go ahead and click next
Starting Out Decent then went down hill
Administrative Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Management isn't transparent about their pay scale they keep employees in the dark regarding important information. Micromanagement defined is their style, they ended all employee pay for perform incentives which really made this a bad place to work. The good was we could "dress down" daily and listen to music while performing daily duties. Company did a massive layoff and the method manager RC went about notifying employees(Had a rep go desk to desk while everyone watched, felt like a slaughterhouse) was just foul and unprofessional. The Sales Reps and Field support centers were never on the same page regarding policies and procedures which always made work such a joy. Management weren't consistent with companies policies allowing Sales rep to be pacified. No room for advancement or schedule changes and management didn't care what you had going on in your personal life. Most enjoyable part of job was Friday nights getting ready for the weekend. Quality/management always found the most ridiculous reasons to reduce your scores. The compliance/reliability is a joke they don't understand people have to step away to the bathroom or grab a drink or just breath sometimes!!
Pros
Paycheck, 401k
Cons
too long to list
Very stressful and unproductive place of employment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 14, 2018
Horrible repor with employees. Never addressed concerns of employees. Take it or leave it way conducting business with employees. No knowledge and education advancement within company.
Temp job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 13, 2018
This was a temp job which was supposed to last 6 weeks but the task was completed in four weeks. The workers seemed nice but not much interaction with them.
Poor Environment
Custom Home Sales Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 12, 2018
Home Security Industry has many players . ADT corporate is the biggest in the Industry .

The environment and what it take to succeed at ADT corporate is monumental.

Very poor work life balance .
Pros
Cons
Many
Pretty good company
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 12, 2018
I work for the old ADT when they were with Tyco, from 2007-2011, I left for better opportunity, I decide to return to the new ADT March 2018. After i was contacted by recruiter and i was offered more and something different from the monitoring center i previously I thought would be good to return back to my alma meta, training was good. One thing I notice they were under staff and to asked questions a for help was done all on chat which I didn't like I'm used someone coming to me looking at my screen and helping few times i was frustrated when i was on call with tech and needed help waiting for someone to respond or its not helping me at all when responding to my question, I remember first time taking calls some of those tech were rushing me in the call and sometime rude i understand you have other jobs to go to but they not understand these are people life here we need to make sure everything is working right but it was low stressful some tech was cool. The reason i left ADT not understanding I have a life outside of work and for me I cannot work Saturday for religious reason, I provide a letter with proof from my church but they refusal to give me Saturday off, I understand your call volume on Saturday but most of Saturdays it wasn't even busy at all. I do not like the new ADT. The old ADT i work 7years ago work with me accommodate for me to make sure i have Saturday to worship the new ADT is business first we don't care about your outside life or religious belief these big companies always say these things for people to here but don't really mean it or care. They so under  more... staff because people living for different reason's they rather lose talent than retain these talent, overall good company. But not getting a simple Saturday off so i can worship on the Sabbath day left a bad taste on my mouth I'm glad i left.  less
Pros
pay, benefit, co workers
Cons
flexible schedule, chat assistance instead of face to face
Love it
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
This company gave me a great opportunity to improve my skills and my abilities. They really appreciate hard work. Cool thing about this company is that they are nation wide so you can transfer when ever you want.
Solid Corporate Culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Working at ADT required high motivation, attention to detail and creativity in pursuing ADT goals, deadlines and projects. Very demanding, serious corporate structure and culture, no errors allowed.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Inadequate compensation
Good Manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJuly 11, 2018
ADT Security was a good company to work for i enjoyed my time there. Sales can be tough to get but overall they have the tools you need if you put the work in.
100 percent commission job
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2018
I was blindsided upon taking this position. It was not truthfully advertised. I don't believe they give new hires the tools to become successful. Management is not supportive of creating an environment to support new hires have the help they need when they need it and the culture sucks. There is a high turnover because of that and because management is so focused on trying to get new people that they are not helping the employees they currently have. Communication from management is hostile at times and very demanding. Talk to adults as adults, not as crabs on line in the band. Four people that are on the same team have quit within a three month period.
Pros
paid mileage anad 70.00 cell phone allowance
Cons
poor management, high turn over
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
If you dont mind working in a stressful call center where the metrics youre being rated on are not in your control then you will be fine. There is a lot of overtime available. Managers are very nice and you can talk to them with no problem.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

41K
31K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight