ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

41K
31K
Found 2,920 reviews matching the search See all 3,726 reviews
Rochester NY
Quality Assurance Cordinator (Current Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJune 18, 2018
Good Company call volume is extremely high. Sr Management would rather higher externally instead of develop/hire from within. Raises are very small 1-3% and they will pay new hires more than the employees with tenure
Pros
pay
Cons
call volume
Beware
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJune 17, 2018
This company is very deceptive in its hiring and in its selling practices with its clients. They have a subculture of corruption and if you don't play their game, even though they mouth ethics, you get driven away.
Benefits
Cons
Greedheads
Stressful Work Environment with Expectations higher than pay
Customer Support II Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 16, 2018
Honestly, you can do less at places that pay at least the same, if not more, a stone's throw from there. Tenure is not an asset, but a liablity. Used to be a great work environment, but new management at the highest level have made that pretty much a thing of the past. You are a number to them, and if that number isn't high, goodbye.
Pros
Ping Pong table on second floor, and Cafeteria
Cons
Terrible customer base created by the terrible policies, Management isn't that interested in your success.
quit for lack of work
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 15, 2018
work appointments were inconsistent so not having enough appointments to install in homes or businesses made it hard to maintain a consistent income., so i left
Ok place to work
Senior Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2018
I didn't have any real issues working here. It's a call center so you will be on the phone a lot. They have specific requirements for quality and quantity that they will measure you on every month.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
They stopped giving me raises, instead I got an annual bonus.
Growth
Service Excellence Coach (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2018
If you are looking for growth and opportunity this is a great place to work. The hours may not always be perfect but they will work with you if you have events coming up.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
change is constant
Call Center Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at ADT. I gained a lot of skills and experience with this company. They really helped with building my customer service skills more.
Very Unprofessional Management and bad work culture.
Sr.QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
Unprofessional management, bad work culture, no hierarchy in teams. No recognition for real qualifications and performance rather Management cultivates buttering up from team members.
Decent pay though.
Great placeto work if you have no anxiety
EDO (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJune 13, 2018
You may walk into a slow paced day or you may walk into a hectic evening with calls back to back. It's stressful because even though you are there to help people, for me I couldn't get over the people I couldn't help.
Fast-paced learning and very hands on.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2018
You must be able to quickly learn job multiple processes, and have knowledge on how to get wires, from point A to B without exposing them in the open. Management constantly pushes you to work hard and fast, so you must be able to work quickly and efficiently to please the bosses. The hardest part of the job is having to sell $600 of extra equipment a month. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you've pleased the customers, and made their business/residence secure from burglars.
Pros
You get paid weekly, and the work days go by fast.
Cons
You are required to sell $600 of equipment a month, and sometimes you get blamed for things you can't control.
They do not care about their sales people.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
The upper management has sent a clear message to their Account Executives - They do not care about you. Last year after the Hurricane they were nice enough to give us $500 for the week we missed due to the weather, then they stopped ALL installs until existing customers were serviced. Since we are commission only, which isn't paid until accounts are installed, this hurt us bad. Then they turned the lion share of what used to be company appointments over to phone sales, and gave them access to our leads. Plus phone sales and dealers often have more aggressive pricing than we do. Now they have systems in retail stores. A motion sensor we sell for $170 is $39 or $49. So as an account executive I lose sales every day --- to ADT. This is unethical, and quite honestly speaks to the degradation of the corporate culture at ADT. , I could write a book,but let me distill it down for you - Do not apply. Go work somewhere they care about you and your family. Somewhere that has a personal development program. Somewhere that they care about what happens to you; not just getting the sale at any cost.
Benefits
Cons
ADT constantly undermining your ability to be affective.
Lots of opportunity to design
VP of User Experience Design (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2018
The design team is responsible to support the entire organization therefore there is a lot of opportunity to design different products and services and impact the UX.
Duties
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 8, 2018
I would drive out to potential customer's home and take an in home evaluation of their needs and home. I would have to call the order in, then make a install visit, and ask for referrals.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Wrong addresses of potential clients.
stressfull
Resei Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJune 8, 2018
no sell no pay at all
they have meetings every morning on a zoom app and do not care if your driving or not. and then to be chastized on a call that all the sales reps are on is embarrassing
Pros
na
Cons
always following your ever move
fun place to work laid back
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 7, 2018
calling customers when alarm goes off, calling authorities trouble shooting taking payment over phone from customer and sending tech out.the hardest part of job is having patience when it comes to the customer especially when they are upset.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, no overtime
Pays well
New Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2018
The job is honestly kinda tough but the payout is worth it. it is both hourly and commission based so as long as you perform well you can control your income which is nice but can also be a downfall depending on the month you are having.
Pros
Commission based income
Cons
Commission based income
Great job
Existing/New Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
Learn how to sell and talk to people on the phone professionally!

*Great management

*Great co-workers

*2 15 minute breaks throughout day

*30 minute lunch

*Commission opportunities.
Pros
Great Management, Great co-workers, Team environment, competitive, Commission Opportunities
Cons
Talk on the phone all day, sit at a desk all day. Could work 3:30-midnight
This Was a Great Starting Point
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 6, 2018
This was a great starting point.I worked here while attending college.My management was very understanding of my goals and aspirations.I was mentored properly and they were patient.
Pros
Income Opportunity
Cons
Enjoyed working at ADT,sorry job closed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 6, 2018
Satisfaction from clients after your visit. working with team members, enjoying trips with wife on the Co to the finest HOtels Sorry job closed at short notice
Good Company Benefits
ADT Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 4, 2018
Great learning and management experience.The company really allows you to manage your own business. You can't sit around and wait on new business you have to be a go getter.
Pros
Freedom to manage yourself
Cons
Up to you to learn and be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight