ADT Security Services
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from ADT Security Services:

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA32 reviews
great place to work
also fun and exciting to come to work until ADT took over company and cut everyone's pay and treated all the employees like dirt.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast pace working Enviroment and poor management
I work for ADT for approximately 2 years as a business Outside Sales Rep. The company does not pay base salary and the competition is very high. As a result it wasn’t unusual to have either little pay or no pay at all.
Pros
Flexibility and good benefit package
Cons
Very little training and leads
Horrible place to work
I would not recommend this company to anyone. The management is dysfunctional and the workplace culture is terrible. There is no part of this employment that I enjoyed.
Not a fun or fair place to work.
ADT does not appreciate hard work. The harder I worked, the more hours i put in, the success that i had, matter very little if at all to ADT. They have the name recognition.and that gives them the inclination to treat their employees with little regard. Unless you're desperate, avoid ADT.
Pros
Medical benefits.
Cons
Compensation, treatment, fairness, support.
management
Management was awesome

I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers, assessing their homes to get them the best system possible
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Its a job, but get everything in writing
Any person who works in sales will tell you that you should pay attention to the comp plan. Pay attention to the comp plan. ADT has the mindset that $30k a year is a lot to pay someone and that it means you should be doing 2-3 other people's jobs.
Pros
Everyone is Friendly & Welcoming
Cons
Very low compensation versus your workload
Poor internal communication and terrible training programs.
Most work days are very stressful and long hours. All I my experience was mostly hands-on and taking the time myself to learn about what was needed. Management just does what they are told by their higher up piers instead of sticking up for the guys who work under them (field techs). This company does have available room for advancement if you know the right people. The company is so focused on customers, that it forgets about the people (field techs) who make the company what it is today. If you work out in the field as a technician, forget about family time or anything else important to you. This company does not care about what time you need to be off for events with your son, daughter or wife, so better plan accordingly to take time off and use up your accumulated leave.

As far as being trained properly on new things coming out, better have some background in technology and be good at figuring things out on your own.

I will say that the one thing I do enjoy and have always enjoyed, is fixing things and troubleshooting what is wrong. I like to tinker with electronics and gadgets!
Loved visiting with customers
I was able to meet a very really amazing people. Some of which you only see in movies. Its a pretty easy sale but can shock people when they learn the cost. The sales process is very easy to follow as long as you take the time to really learn it.
Good Work Place
Very good work environment with good co workers and very nice customers who make my job pleasant when the managers and staff set up my visit making the customers friendly
Pros
good work hours
Cons
poor communication with management
Intense Place to mwork
Requires intense focus on detail & the ability to multi-task diverse areas of responsibility including working with the demands of various broad-based constituencies.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ADT Security Services?
Great Product
Sales is fast pace. It is easy to achieve work life balance. I would recommend this company to anyone. They have a good safe security product. Hard work is rewarded.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
pay
very poor management and no training at all
I hope you can come in with a background of security sales as the training is poor to non-existent and the management doesn't care about the reps as they know they will turn them over by the end of the year. There is over 100% turnover per year in the sales force. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone EVER
Pros
Cons
work on Saturday, have other reps stealing your accounts etc.
Merging 2 companies is hard
Working for ADT was great until they were sold to Protection one, In this area with both companies makes out market flooded and they wont' allow you to cross sell.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
dealing with install team.If they like you no problem
tech
good job common biased need to upsell but they will take care of you as long you put your part great experience meet lots of new people you have to drive
Pros
pay
Cons
drive
ADT is the best alarm system on the market
We were sent to Florida for training. I made some close friends while working there. The job included making phone calls, door knocking and going on company set appointments. Making phone calls was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is both an inside and outside sales job.
Pros
Brand recognition
Cons
cold calling over the phone
A rewarding and demanding field of work.
I begin my workday at approximately 6:30 at the warehouse. I pick up the equipment I need for my assigned jobs. I leave the warehouse by 7:00 am and drive to the first customer's residence. Typically I do two jobs per day, each one lasting around 4 hours.
I usually finish my days work around 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm.

During the course of the day I help customers understand what work I will be performing in their homes and draw up the paperwork.

In order to install the security system I must work around the design of the house and the customers' specifications. I install and program the system. I troubleshoot any bugs or malfunctions. When I am finished with the installation I educate the customer system operation.
Pros
Work vehichle provided, fair compensation.
Cons
Long hours (frequent 12-hour shifts), excessive drive time (3-4 hours per day)
terrible
constant monitoring of employees via recorded calls, GPS, and vehicle audio and video surveillance

time tickets are altered without employee knowledge
Toxic Enviroment
I would not recommend this company to anyone! My co-workers were great but management and the whole environment was toxic. They promise one thing and deliver something else, before accepting a position with them I would do your research.

They say this is solutions sales with integrity but it is a commodity sale. AND CLOSE AT ALL COST!
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
ADT is a very great company to work for.
ADT is a very great company to work for and the office is a big office and everyone there is very sweet, loving and friendly.
Pros
free breakfast.
Cons
very long breaks
Great Company. Hard workers!
Good company in a BAD industry. You can make a lot of money, but you will take a long while to generate a customer base....but in the end it could be great
Not the same since they merged with Broadview
After the split from Tyco and the merge with Broadview, ADT has lost their identity. Instead of being a leader in the industry, they have become a follower. Always trying to catch up their technology with others in the industry, instead of being the example and leading the way.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ADT Security Services.