ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,194 reviews matching the search See all 4,053 reviews
No Support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2019
they let me go during my training because i wasn't learning things fast enough and they did not offer any support they told me to find something else.
Good leads, but not everything works
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Overall a well structured company with clearly defined goals. Management can put certain reps in better territories based on personal preference. Territories change often and it's hard to get used to a new area. Training is excellent.
Expectations are high, and with a lot of work achievable. You can make your own hours for the most part, but you are expected to work at least 6 days a week and to make you target you really have to.
Pros
flexible hours, fun atmosphere, friendly people, good training.
Cons
unequal territories, high expectations, no weekends off
long work week
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 17, 2019
expected to work 6 days a week. appointments can be as early as 8 am to 8pm. You make your own schedule but if you want more appointments it makes for a long work day
ADT/TYCO split in 2013, and I worked at TYCO as Buyer after working as Administrative Assistant at ADT.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working as Administrative Assistant because it was very diversified, and I learned new skills.

Purchasing was also enjoyable. However, I am now looking for a part time position as Administrative Assistant.
Enjoyed working for the customers
Residential Installer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2019
Corporate politics as usual. The kiss-ups always got the praise and credit. The loyal employees always got the shaft. I did my job day in and day out. In the end, they screwed me and a lot of other guys over.
Great Place that Invests in People
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
As a new manager you will work 10a-830am M-Th 11-830 Fri and 9-until you sell 4 per week. The numbers of sysyems a manager sells is extremely important to the national sales director managers. Don't think you can under sell and succeed here, you are your numbers and last week is over...
great
Customer Services and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2019
great company , selling was very hard tho because most business owners dont have the money to have security same as for the residental customers to. good people to work with
Flexible and fun job
Alarm Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I would go door to door with a winning attitude, dedicated to protect new homeowners from break ins. I learned how to talk to people as well as how to build rapport and close deals. We had daily meetings for improvement as well as getting fired up to go out throughout the day. The hardest part would be not to get into your own head, you have to stay on a swivel. My favorite part is meeting tons of new people and being able to protect their home.
Fast paced fun environment
Business Security Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Outsiders sales representative. Small buisness sales. Provide anywhere from basic alarm systems, to DVR cameras recording, to patrol or even access control.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commission only
High demand but good pay
Small Business Sales Rep and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2019
I had a great experience with ADT in Omaha, but not in Tempe. Overall, the compensation and hours were good. The culture in Tempe, AZ was really bad unfortunately so I left the company.
Had to change jobs due to milage and location
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 13, 2019
Had continuing hands on training... Typical day meeting a average daily company sales quotas And goals in a timely manner . pay good weekly.. Very busy face paced environmemt
Pros
Training pay good
Cons
Locatiom to far
Not the best work environment
Tier2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I can't really provide any current information about the company. It has been quite a few years since I have been employed there. There was not any room for advancement. I would recommended to find a different employer.
very low morale within the company
Account management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
ADT have changed a lot during my 11 years with the company unfortunately the morale here is very weak and the treatment of the employees has dropped. I enjoyed working for ADT but the times have changed throughout the company.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
very low morale
Fine Dining Server
Small Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I do not like to work there. Greeted guest according fine dining accordance. Manage taking orders for large parties of diners with food dietary knowledge.
Pros
Discount on Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work and excellent benefits
Billing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2019
ADT was a great place to work. Everyone was professional and friendly. I do recommend this company to anyone that’s looking for a place to grow professional and personal
Adt
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 9, 2019
Very low strategic orientation. Seemed like a pretty reactive environment. Lots of use of contractors with high turnover. Little effort toward retaining good employees.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
No upward management efforts. Very top down.
Hi paste job with very limited teamwork, and support from m,anagment.
Alarm Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside CaliforniaJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day with ADT started with rushing out the door while checking your job itinerary for the day mapping your location to arrive at your first install job, while reviewing your on hand inventory sheets to have proper items on hand to complete work orders. then continuing thru the day picking up missing items at distributers for jobs installs thru out the day as needed. regulating install times with commutes between job sites logging in spread sheets, equipment replacement orders and keeping up vehicle maintenance. I learned a huge amount on time management and security protocols from this skilled industry. This work places culture will need to evolve to keep any quality team members. I think the hardest part of this carrier was the lack of support from management. the most enjoyable part of the job was a happy and excited customer thanking you for protecting there family.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
lack of managerial support
ok
Direct Residential Sales (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Good flexibility and money is good once you gain momentum with customers. The job offered some great training. A great group to work with as well. They do the best they can with what's given to be successful.
Laid back
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed everything except for the stagnancy of the job. I became a waitress and paramedic after this job, so naturally I am a mover. Sitting at a desk was too much for me to handle some days.
Good company values
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
The compensation is ok and would be better if they had a system for cancels because of things that were discussed over the phone and aren't techs fault.
Pros
Paid ever week, company breakfast once a week
Cons
Very early mornings and long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.1K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss