ADT Security Services
Coronavirus update
Information from ADT Security Services:

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative500 reviews
Requires intense focus on detail & the ability to multi-task diverse areas of responsibility including working with the demands of various broad-based constituencies.
● Work-life balance
No sale no pay

● Pay & benefits

No sales NO PAY

● Job security and advancement

100% commission

● Overall

They own you for 24 hours and you drive to the end of the earth and sales are based on all commission. No sales no pay. And being fussed at in a meeting. And dealing with perverts
Don’t ever come here. They have terrible integrity and don’t give a sh** about anyone. Look at all the people that constantly quit and why they are always hiring. This place sucks the managers don’t do sh** and the training is so half assed.
Cons
I enjoy being an ADT Sales Rep very much. It is a fun and very interesting job where you get to meet and interact with different people. I get to drive around different cities and get to know different places as well. It has the flexibility I need. There’s only a thing or two which I don’t like about this job. One being that it is a only commission paying job and the second being that you don’t get compensated or reimbursed for your expenses such as gas.
Pros
Work on your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, No hourly wage. It is only commission.
I didn't feel supported by the local or overall company management. The office seemed stressful everytime I was there. Upper management procedure changes came with little explanation. They rarely benefit the customer or the field sales personnel.
This company gives two $h!ts about you or your success. They WILL NOT develop you, rather punish you for not hitting numbers and make you work on day off and deny time off. They actually take sales from low performers and give them to better performers. Tons of favoritism. No chance to get help to learn or understand or get a leg up. HR is non-existent and only supports management.
The biggest challenges that resulted in reps not making their full commissions(sales positions are 100% commission only)were the endless loss of sales due to authorized third party "adt" dealers. Also the lack of communication between the installation/service team which resulted in customers taking time off work only have techs show up last minute in the 5 hour time frame they were advised a tech would show or sometimes not at all. Sadly techs would often not advise customer on arrival times as well leave sales rep hanging on status ofvinstall. Management didn't not seem to know how to overcome those issues which also resulted in lost sales. Company has the potential to be great but too many loose ends and "adt" competition.
Save yourself the time by not stepping foot into this place. Management is a joke, office people are cold and rude. Coworkers are calculating and only think about making a commission dollar and will throw you under the bus to be run over dead.
Cons
Just stick with helping others as you go along and look for potential customers and always show respect. Listen to what everyone has to say and what their concerns are for their family.
Good place to work far as a flexible schedule. Poor national, regional and local Management for the Commercial Division from the top down. Poor installation and service department. And oomicromanage

Lack of vision

Lack of products
Pros
Work balance and hours are perfect and Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Upper management is terrible, will lie on. General Manager of that location is very prejudiced. Low income
Lies on top of lies , worked there 3 years they teach you how to lie to customers and and get around the garbage they tell customers, when you can’t overcome the lies they tell they blame you... soulless company and as much as I hate to admit it I was the top salesman
If you’re motivated you can make a lot of money but it is not for everyone. Lots of travel and kitchen table sales. Would not recommend for the ever age sales person
This job would be really good if the management wasn’t so bad. All they care about is micromanaging their employees to a level that’s just insulting. You’re only treated with respect if you’re over selling over your quota. Anything at quota or slightly below, and you’ll be told when you’re gonna work, how you’re gonna work, and be checked up on the entire told while you do it. It’s never good enough. The Wichita office management is by far the most toxic and ridiculous work environment I’ve ever been a part of. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to work. Unless you feel like having a work mom looking over your shoulder.
Just a fake job. They simply want you to go and knock each and every door at 8pm at night. People will be angry towards you for disturbing them. Commission based pay.
Pittsburgh residential Is HORRIBLE ( at least when I was there). The manager at the time repeatedly told me to lie to people!!!! I believe he ended up getting fired or demoted as he should have,
Company has many Managers that are Job scared and will not correctly take dialogue from team huddles and convert them into accurate reflections of the discussion. Also, micro managing with negative behavior, threatening job termination, and petty observations of dress, or conversation style that effects morale. It would be nice to get commissions payed as agreed instead of 4,5, or 6 months late!
This is a job for someone who does not have a life outside work. Your work week is usually 70+ hours a week plus 500+ calls. If you don’t reach your goal you are in the office everyday making calls . Pay is good if you reach goals. I enjoyed the people I was able to help but that was about it.
This company prides itself in its customer service and great dependable products. Once the customer choose a system the turn around time for installation was fairly quickly which enabled the employees to receive their commissions quickly as well.
ADT has a great security package that is very reliable, and offers a wide range of add ons that can be customized to fit the needs of the client. The wait time between the sell of the system and the install date if fairly quick. The benefit package is great along with the 401k match offer.
I was given a pitch on the Benifits and the opportunity of the position. Then found the company was on a decline and support was lacking. I was required to make sales calls at my expense that were poor opportunity.
Pros
Learned something new
Cons
No support my management quit during my training
A sales rep I saw my manager maybe 2 to 3 times a month, we mostly talked on the phone and text or emailed each other. You did need to have the ability to create or find your own customers, you would not make it on just company given leads. overall it was a good experience, I learned a lot but, hours worked compared to the pay didn't work for me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ADT Security Services.
Career recommendations for Sales Representative
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Sales Representative in US