ADT Security Services Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 448 reviews matching the search See all 4,476 reviews
Alot of walking
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2019
When I was working there I didn't get paid unless I made a sale and be prepared to be walking all day and long car rides with a bunch of people. They will tell you after a certain time you can start making an hourly wage but its not likely.
Ehh
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 16, 2019
I was in the sales department. It was very boring. I left due to a better paying job but this job didn’t really have a lot of hours I think it was a total of 25-30 hours a week
Great Company
SALES (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2019
Great company to get outside sales experience. We was required to make telephone calls daily to setup appointments for week ahead which help set success for the week. Alot of management support helps attitude stay positive and focus.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-NatalAugust 3, 2019
They take most of your money
It hard
It's stressful
Tiring
Stressful bad pay it's a bad job it's hard
They hardly pay you commission hadd it's bad
Best place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 29, 2019
I was a Sales Representative and I loved ADT. I would never leave but I had to fly out of country to my hometown. Best manager, flexible work and life balance. You just have to work hard like every other job in your life.
Horrible management
New Acquisition Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2019
You have to work 24/7 to make any real money. God forbid you take a day off and risk not getting a payout at all or less than $100. They don’t give raises. $11. An hour is it.
The management could care less about you and whether you will be able to pay your bills and care for your family!
Sales and management
Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 22, 2019
Very high pressure like most sales organizations. Follow through and support are lacking. Expectations are high for salespeople and managers without consideration to loss of market share or the willingness to change with the times. People that will succeed here need to have the ability to conform in spite of logic and work the plan. Not for everyone but for some this place is a winner!
not sure how to respond
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2019
This is not the company you would want to work for if you do not want to work on commission only. this is not the right fit for you or anyone. I will not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
hours
Fun job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2019
Wotking from home and making a diffrence in proples life is so rewarding for me. I love the freedon I have and I love the fact that I do not have to deal with traffic.
Potential to make ALOT of money, but management is garbage
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2019
If you work and can sell, you can make a lot of money. However, post sale is MUCH more difficult than making the actual sale. The installers are over worked and can easily blow out your job if they’re just not feeling it that day.
The worst part is the install origination is the one controlling ADT, not the sales organization. So the technicians and install manager’s will commonly charge the customer more money to activate existing equipment and zwave devices. Which just angers your customers.
And then there is management and their holy model sales call. (Which is complete garbage, that some VP decided was God’s gift to mankind). They constantly attribute asking for discounts and loss of sales to cheaper competition to failure to invoke the beloved MSC correctly. Even if you are a top producing rep...

Management will get angry if you don’t work 6 days a week and if you take some nights off. Which can be tough if you’re married and/or have kids. Though, in residential customers are mostly available during nights and weekends.

Dealers.... ADT operates with 2 channels for residential, direct (corporate) and indirect (authorized dealers | separate companies that sell ADT. Customers don’t understand the difference and often fall victim to some bad actor dealers like safestreets and Defender. These 2 companies sell garbage products and bate and switch tactics, leaving you to have awkward conversations with customers about how the $28.99 monthly charge is nearly impossible.

Not all dealers are bad though, in fact, they’re cheaper because they don’t have 10 levels
  more... of upper management to train you on the MSC. So they will often come in and undercut you on the install. For example my $350 install could be done for $99 by my dealer competitor. At the end of the day if it’s a decent dealer, the customer just wants that cheaper install price.

This whole indirect vs direct can be extremely frustrating, because at least with Vivint, it’s another brand and a dealer you risk damaging your own brand.

Lastly, ADT is pricey. $80 a contact and $150 per glass break. That is ridiculous. Unfortunately, they simply can’t afford not to charge that much, because their overhead is through the roof. However, other companies are doing zero down and similar monthly monitoring for 36 to 60 months. It’s simply a better deal.

You will lose a lot of deals to the other guys and dealers out there, do to the install being so high.

——

These are the negatives, but if they could fix these issues the company would be the best place you could ever work. Pay is AMAZING if you produce, you make your own schedule, get decent benefits, get set appoints that you just have to close.
Pros
Benefits, company appointments, Money
Cons
Micromanagement, Horrible install organization, poor work life balance
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 19, 2019
excessive hours and traveling, micromanagement, install teams that do not want to do the work assigned causing loss of sales, incompetence, laziness, frustration, and horrendous mismanagement.
Ridiculous expectation
Sales Representative Residential Sales (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJApril 21, 2019
Went into security work because of previous employment. Manager that hired me was fired before training due to personal issues with other management. New manager micromanaged and had demanding expectations. To be fair, he would travel to a job site to help with designing a system but was a little two faced in the office environment. Hours and goals were higher than the product was worth, installers were lazy and cost company too much money and sales was being blamed, union ruins techs by allowing them to be lazy and unproductive. Some techs were good and got things done without issue but they were prioritized for special sales personnel.
Pros
pizza on tuesdays
Cons
travel and long hours
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2019
But I work for ADT Home Security it was more of a call center for selling home security systems. A typical day was we were making outbound calls to people and different areas around the world selling home security systems. Management was really just watching us as we took calls and making sure that they can handle a call if it got out of hand. The workplace culture was slow and fast at times. We will have fun activities to do, potlucks, little games here and there. The hardest part of my job was not getting enough hours and not knowing if we were getting paid or not. Sometimes they will come to us and tell us that we will have to wait till the following week to get paid instead of when we were supposed to get paid. The most enjoyable part of working there was just interacting with other people from all over the world. To learn people different situations and why they would need a security system will make it more comfortable of why you're doing what we do.
Pros
Free lunch
Not a good look
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 12, 2019
Don't go there. It is a modern-day sweatshop that will suck the life out of you. Products are ok but the competition comes from multiple internal and external fronts.
Learning Experience
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2019
ADT is constantly on the move with monthly goals. The introduction to the business Provides so much information that at first may be overwhelming. Once a sales rep has a month or two of experience things will begin to fall into place. Having a resolute attitude will carry a person to see success. Team atmosphere is crucial to a new sales persons success as well as the team suitability.
Pros
Education, Sales, People
Cons
Work Life Balance Hours
ADT has gone downhill
National Sales Center (Deerwood) employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2019
ADT has changed for the worst since it separated from Tyco and gotten even more worse under Apollo Global Management. ADT is more concerned about making money than caring about their employees. Atmosphere has become very "zero tolerance" from management when it comes to making mistakes. One mistake (even if they can't prove it) and you're gone, regardless of how long you have been there. Being a loyal (working there 10+ years) employee makes no difference in their decision making if you make even one mistake. Be warned.
Bad Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2019
Terrible Management. Want you to work for free. Not enough training. Payong attention to other things instead of sales. Treat you like a little kid. Don't allow you to your work. Too many hours not being productive. Too much drama at work place.......
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Productive but fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2019
They have many games and competitions for the employees that makes them want to sell more upgrade more so they could get not only the daily rewards but a very nice bonus check at the end of the next month.
Pros
Fun activity, snack deli available to purchase items from, healthcare
Cons
Sometimes putting to much pressure on the employees to be perfect
Fair Company to work for
Security Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 17, 2019
I would prospect for new business every day. The company would provide a few leads per month. I learned a lot about the business through doing the job. Management was very lax. The hardest part of the job at first was figuring out how to develop a sale. The most enjoyable part was, once I learned, designing a security system for a business.
Pros
Freedom to work outside.
Cons
No salary; not much training
Small Biz Sales Rep
Small Business Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2019
Local office management and personnel were always supportive. Middle management seemed to be disconnected. There was a new Area Sales Manager every year for the 4 years I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight