Adtalem Global Education Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Evolved the college I went too
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 31, 2018
People from different departments would always be happy to help. Benefits were examining and executing the new website. There was some data blending. Practicing phone calls enough made it become very easy to pick up. Had to do some charts, that were very interesting and fun. Created very impressive visualization. Was a good investment to my time and effort.
Pros
Market in where job opportunity increased my knowledge of the college where I graduated
Cons
Not a lot of tools, could not connect to all the data visualizations very easy
TA Team Member (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 30, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance - I finally found a place where I can work full-time and still spend quality time with my kids. I am able to work remote 3 days a week. Management is so understanding and flexible. I am able to do my job well with the resources provided and have the opportunity to development in other areas.
Growing in different directions
Certification Superviosr (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2018
As a workplace they need to improve in providing the various offices with better direction. The hiring process is very lengthy and the positions take a long time to be filled. Too many vacancies caused overhaul on departments. The new hiring management team is not familiar with the product flow and roles. Better representation of their team leads is needed.
Pros
Free lunch seminars
Cons
No in person HR
Blech
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 23, 2018
Most of the people are good, until you get to corporate, then it's a cat fight. Management can be terrible and it's a dying company. Chamberlain isn't bad.
No direction
Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2018
Benefits are the only good aspect of working here. Management changes direction constantly, turnover is high, and compensation and advancement opportunities are not good. Yearly layoffs are normal.
Good People to work with. Respectable Environment.
Senior BI/Analytics Developer (Remote Contract) (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 11, 2018
Lots of daily meetings. Flexibility to work from home remotely. Free Coffee. The company is in flux currently with a lot of changes occurring. It appears that due to the changes, there are a lot of staff being either relocated or changing positions or roles.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good People, Flexibility to work form home.
Cons
State of flux, confusion about what happens when and to whom.
Company going down
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 22, 2018
Reeling from massive FTC false advertising settlement, the company is in perpetual decline. Changes from 2017: what was a positive working environment is now a declining, negative place, Corporate culture is non-supportive, communications poor, managers conniving, back-handed. Consolidation has saddled too few people to assume responsibilities they are unqualified to assume.

Highly demoralized workforce.

Product quality output has degraded to the level of deficient and generic.

Insider exec info is that the company is on life-support, might have another year.
Pros
Free parking!
Cons
Management, corporate culture, poor product.
A Good Corporate Citizen With a Focus on Work-Life Balance
Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 13, 2018
Adtalem provides employees with a culture of care and access to a variety of work-life balance opportunities including flexible hours, telework, remote work, and more. The for-profit education industry is currently in turmoil, so the only downsides to working at Adtalem are related to the chaotic industry, itself, rather than the culture, mission, or leadership within the company.
Great Work/Life Balance for employees
Cash Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 14, 2018
This has been one of the best jobs that I have had. I have learned so much and the work/life balance is amazing! They are willing to work with their employees and for this the employees work even harder.
Managers were great
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2018
working as a team, and understanding the basic needs of an employee was at its highest. working with great team make me a better person, and thought me basics of how to coordinate work duties in a timely manner.
Pros
amazing team
Cons
part time status.
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2018
Great company to work for. Very flexible, friendly job culture, great management and wonderful colleagues to work with. Company has great benefits and flexible work schedules.
Don’t work here
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 4, 2018
I’ve been employed 5 years at the company with a student facing position. Leadership gets no training or assistance in how to lead. This company is extremely political and all the individuals who are in management have been buddies for years and they do now welcome change or ideas. Unless they make the changes. They listen to maybe 1 call out of thousands and find that an effective way to evaluate talent. The management staff could not do their subordinates jobs. There is no organizational cohesiveness, one team may do things one way and another team does things differently. The managers do use profanity along with the directors. The pay is ok but could be better, the work environment is like a roller coaster depending on numbers, the benefits are pricey.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Read my review
Amazing place to work
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 19, 2018
I love working here, however, I am looking for a full time job, that is the reason I am searching for more jobs. This Job is located a little for from my home also.
Good money. Good initial advancement opportunity
Admissions Advisor II /Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
DeVry was a great place to get a start, learn, and advance. Unfortunately, once a certain level of salary is reached, one may find themselves in a position that is "dissolved".
Pros
Professional growth and culture, salary, ability to move around
Cons
Cut-throat, and cliquish.
Stay Away!
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 19, 2018
It used to be a great company to work for, however after some changes in leadership the place went all the way down. It's a for-profit organization so you know what to expect but these people were not following the new regulations of the industry and it was like working for a used car dealership. It's sad because they lost a lot of great employees in a very short time period? I don't see this company lasting by the end of the year?
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad leadership, no work life balance, too salesy
Good run but moving on
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 18, 2018
I worked at Adtalem formally known as DeVry Education Group for over 10 years. The work/life balance is great and so are their benefits. However, their salary is not too competitive and other people in similar positions at different companies make more money. I have run dry with the management at Adtalem. It's all about quantity and not quality and there is not a lot of engagement to be happy and enjoy your job.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits
Cons
salary, engagement
Review
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Lot of stress. Management doesn't care to train its employees. on-call is the most stressful. poor decisions by management. Only benefit I like is flex work.
Good Work/Life Balance
Faculty Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 21, 2018
They have a great work/life balance, but their management is lacking. The work/life balance is better in some departments than others.

The benefits are decent, but a little pricey.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
Great place to work, the peopel are wonderful.
RPR (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 18, 2018
My position (like so many in the company) is phone based. I used to work with students directly, but now with partner organizations. Although being on the phone can get tedious at times, my co-workers, students, and managers have all made the job great. Don't misunderstand, the work is hard, and there can be plenty of stress (like any job), but the company truly works to maintain a sane and workable environment.
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
Hard work, can get tedious
Productive and team oriented place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team and being able to leverage each others strengths to achieve our goals. My job gives me the work life balance that I need to be successful inside and outside of the office!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adtalem Global Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight