Adtalem Global Education Employee Reviews

Disorganized and hasty work environment
Other (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 3, 2019
The ceo was unprofessional, rude, disorganized and did not take kindly to a womans input or opinions. The son was manager and was clueless. This place was completely disorganized and had no procedures written down.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Horrible management
Do Not Work Here
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 28, 2018
Your title might be Student Support Advisor, but make no mistake- this is a call center job and you are a customer service rep. Your main function is to be available to take inbound phone calls and maintain over 85% availability every single day. It does not seem to matter to management how high your quality assurance scores are or how successful you are in helping students solve their problems; the only thing that is talked about in meetings is how to increase your team's availability, especially when it comes to internal business partners (basically, this means admissions- this is the only dept they seem to care about, they are far more important than the students calling in). If you cannot maintain their ridiculously high availability standards, your remote work privileges will be removed and you will eventually be fired (I saw this happen to several SSAs I worked with).

I did enjoy working here when I first started because I had a great team lead, but the company values and leadership team has really gone downhill over the last few years and it's sad and frustrating. The focus is NOT on the students. If it was, then team meetings would not be centered around increasing availability. It is baffling how obsessed management is with availability percentages and Not Ready Time. With all the legal issues that this company has dealt with recently, you would think that they would be focusing on servicing the students or increasing the quality of the courses offered, but they are not. I genuinely feel bad for the students that attend DVU and Keller, because this company does
  more... not have your best interests at heart. They do not care as much about continuing students as they do new students. I was a student here myself while I was an employee and routinely brought up issues that I experienced as a student that I also saw happening to my own students. We are talking about major issues here- misplaced financial aid/reinstatement paperwork that never got reviewed after weeks of waiting, misadvised students who ended up getting academically dismissed after being told by their advisers that it was ok to withdraw out of their courses, etc.

Morale is very low here due to all of the layoffs- there seemed to be a major layoff every few weeks.This company has a reputation for denying unemployment benefits (this happened to several SSAs I worked with).This company does have some really smart, dedicated employees that genuinely care about their students and want them to succeed- let them do their job to the best of their ability and reward them for what really matters, like accurately advising their students and increasing academic persistence. Focus on increasing the graduation rates (which are abysmal) and not availability time. Give the SSAs time to finish their emails and notes and allow them adequate time to review accounts and not have them constantly rushing back onto the phones after finishing yet another phone call. This obsession with high availability all the time causes mistakes to be made on a regular basis- some of them major. Bring the focus back onto the students and giving them a quality education so that they can become happy, successful members of society.
Pros
Great benefits and the pay is competitive. For-profit schools pay much more than nonprofits.
Cons
Extreme micro-management, denial of unemployment benefits
Job was outsourced
Senior Operations Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 26, 2018
The job was outsourced and before that happened, the immediate manager made working for the institution nearly impossible with an aggressive style the left no other option but to leave.
Pros
Tution re-imbursement
Cons
Manager; Job outsourced
Corporation trying to survive Industry downsizing and Government regulation
Director (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 17, 2018
The organization use to be a great place to work but for the last 7 years has been experiencing a significant loss in business due to changes in the industry and government regulation. For the last several years about every 6 months there is corporate downsizing and constant reorganization to the point where corporate culture is constantly changing causing employee fatigue.
Adtalem offers a good work life balance with flexible schedules and the ability to work remote in some cases. They also currently provide tuition benefits if you are interested in continuing your education but that may be ending soon a they are selling off many of their US related institutions
Pros
Flexible work hours remote work
Cons
Lack of management direction, constant reductions in workforce and change in management style
Great place to work and grow
Senior Student Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Working at Adtalem has been a fantastic experience. I would recommend anyone to work at Adtalem because the culture is fantastic, the department attitude focuses on a very team-oriented outlook and there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and self-improvement.
Evolved the college I went too
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 31, 2018
People from different departments would always be happy to help. Benefits were examining and executing the new website. There was some data blending. Practicing phone calls enough made it become very easy to pick up. Had to do some charts, that were very interesting and fun. Created very impressive visualization. Was a good investment to my time and effort.
Pros
Market in where job opportunity increased my knowledge of the college where I graduated
Cons
Not a lot of tools, could not connect to all the data visualizations very easy
TA Team Member (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 30, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance - I finally found a place where I can work full-time and still spend quality time with my kids. I am able to work remote 3 days a week. Management is so understanding and flexible. I am able to do my job well with the resources provided and have the opportunity to development in other areas.
Growing in different directions
Certification Superviosr (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2018
As a workplace they need to improve in providing the various offices with better direction. The hiring process is very lengthy and the positions take a long time to be filled. Too many vacancies caused overhaul on departments. The new hiring management team is not familiar with the product flow and roles. Better representation of their team leads is needed.
Pros
Free lunch seminars
Cons
No in person HR
Blech
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 23, 2018
Most of the people are good, until you get to corporate, then it's a cat fight. Management can be terrible and it's a dying company. Chamberlain isn't bad.
No direction
Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2018
Benefits are the only good aspect of working here. Management changes direction constantly, turnover is high, and compensation and advancement opportunities are not good. Yearly layoffs are normal.
Good People to work with. Respectable Environment.
Senior BI/Analytics Developer (Remote Contract) (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 11, 2018
Lots of daily meetings. Flexibility to work from home remotely. Free Coffee. The company is in flux currently with a lot of changes occurring. It appears that due to the changes, there are a lot of staff being either relocated or changing positions or roles.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good People, Flexibility to work form home.
Cons
State of flux, confusion about what happens when and to whom.
Company going down
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 22, 2018
Reeling from massive FTC false advertising settlement, the company is in perpetual decline. Changes from 2017: what was a positive working environment is now a declining, negative place, Corporate culture is non-supportive, communications poor, managers conniving, back-handed. Consolidation has saddled too few people to assume responsibilities they are unqualified to assume.

Highly demoralized workforce.

Product quality output has degraded to the level of deficient and generic.

Insider exec info is that the company is on life-support, might have another year.
Pros
Free parking!
Cons
Management, corporate culture, poor product.
A Good Corporate Citizen With a Focus on Work-Life Balance
Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 13, 2018
Adtalem provides employees with a culture of care and access to a variety of work-life balance opportunities including flexible hours, telework, remote work, and more. The for-profit education industry is currently in turmoil, so the only downsides to working at Adtalem are related to the chaotic industry, itself, rather than the culture, mission, or leadership within the company.
Great Work/Life Balance for employees
Cash Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 14, 2018
This has been one of the best jobs that I have had. I have learned so much and the work/life balance is amazing! They are willing to work with their employees and for this the employees work even harder.
Managers were great
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2018
working as a team, and understanding the basic needs of an employee was at its highest. working with great team make me a better person, and thought me basics of how to coordinate work duties in a timely manner.
Pros
amazing team
Cons
part time status.
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2018
Great company to work for. Very flexible, friendly job culture, great management and wonderful colleagues to work with. Company has great benefits and flexible work schedules.
Don’t work here
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 4, 2018
I’ve been employed 5 years at the company with a student facing position. Leadership gets no training or assistance in how to lead. This company is extremely political and all the individuals who are in management have been buddies for years and they do now welcome change or ideas. Unless they make the changes. They listen to maybe 1 call out of thousands and find that an effective way to evaluate talent. The management staff could not do their subordinates jobs. There is no organizational cohesiveness, one team may do things one way and another team does things differently. The managers do use profanity along with the directors. The pay is ok but could be better, the work environment is like a roller coaster depending on numbers, the benefits are pricey.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Read my review
Amazing place to work
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 19, 2018
I love working here, however, I am looking for a full time job, that is the reason I am searching for more jobs. This Job is located a little for from my home also.
Good money. Good initial advancement opportunity
Admissions Advisor II /Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
DeVry was a great place to get a start, learn, and advance. Unfortunately, once a certain level of salary is reached, one may find themselves in a position that is "dissolved".
Pros
Professional growth and culture, salary, ability to move around
Cons
Cut-throat, and cliquish.
Stay Away!
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 19, 2018
It used to be a great company to work for, however after some changes in leadership the place went all the way down. It's a for-profit organization so you know what to expect but these people were not following the new regulations of the industry and it was like working for a used car dealership. It's sad because they lost a lot of great employees in a very short time period? I don't see this company lasting by the end of the year?
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad leadership, no work life balance, too salesy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adtalem Global Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight