Advance America Employee Reviews

Found 1,231 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
High demand job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXNovember 14, 2018
Must be able to handle even the rudest of customers, handle money appropriately and do collect calls when needed. If not, not the place for you. Very stressful.
A Decent place to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work was making collection calls and Greeting customers. Learning to deal with customers and ways to help them deal with their debt a little better. The hardest part of my day was not being able to help someone in need.
I did not like the job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 14, 2018
I loved my manager. He was a lot of fun to work with. You do have to work every Saturday and Friday until 7. I hated being responsible for people that refused to pay back their loan. The collections part of the job is awful. Upper management is all over you to collect that money when people have closed bank accounts and no good phone numbers. The bad debt is your responsibility.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CONovember 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and building relationships with them as well as the team members. Very friendly work environment.
Cons
Unless you're truly desperate, don't work here.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2018
Store should be consolidated but for some reason they insist on beating a dead horse...Common issues for this store are missing premium, unorganized/missing accounts, and crazy customers.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Constant staff turnover due to poor management, lack of accurate training, company favoritism, shrinkage, theft, corporate neglect
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 8, 2018
The relationship and teamwork my coworkers and I have developed makes the job move fluently and efficiently. We have come together well enough to the point where we basically know what the other person is thinking. It helps us pick up the slack easier.
Fantastic Company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OklahomaNovember 2, 2018
If you have a chance to work for this company i would honestly highly recommend it. out of every company I have ever worked for they really are the only ones to adhere to their company creed. if you have the chance to have the chance to be a part of this company its worth the cost to make it happen.
Pros
Managment, Values, Understanding, pto, holiday pay, sick pay, integrity, honesty
Cons
uh.... other than they fired me for MY mistakes? nope.
slow
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INNovember 2, 2018
Slow paced job. Has its moments when it is busy. Meet new people everyday. Friendly people to work with. Need better security on the job for the employees.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 29, 2018
I really liked working at Advance America, l love meeting new people and feeling I had the ability to help someone. The environment was very relaxed and I worked with a great team!
Pros
Only worked on Sat a month
Cons
Pay wasn't very good
WOrk
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2018
I love working here. I love the customer interaction and relationships I get to build and servicing my customers. I have excellent customer service skills so it fits me.
Productive , easy to learn the procedures
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 21, 2018
Working with advance America teaches you a lot about patience, respect and discipline. All customers are treated fairly and given a warm welcome, making it a habit outside of work as well. Some customers end up feeling more like family or a friend at the end of the day .
Pros
Advancements within the company, getting to know your customers
Cons
Must work Saturday go out in the heat or cold marketing
Poor management
CENTER SALES MANGER (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 19, 2018
The stress of this job is overwhelming and the constant threats of losing your job if you don't make your numbers is ridiculous. I loved my customers and did my job very well with no recognition from any upper management. The stress is not worth it.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
poor management. no appreciation or recognition
productive workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2018
Its a good place to work for but staff is often short.
It really depends on who you work for because the second ddo was pretty cool. She wasnt as strict
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 15, 2018
They have a variety of services, which means there is a lot of information and services to learn. The work is repetative and that leaves a lot of room for mistakes but perfecting this role made me a better worker.
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 13, 2018
Very stressful and demanding job. The pay is not worth all the responsibilities that are required for the job. Lack of communication among coworkers, management and corporate.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlOctober 11, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities to advance in Advance America. You can start off as a CSR and work all the way up to a Division leader/Manager! Its a very multi cultural enviorment and very great work enviorment. I loved working forcthis company and i would definitely work for them again.
Productive and policy oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Fl and Indianapolis InOctober 6, 2018
Typically day at work was task oriented
Hardest part of the job marketing
Best part of the job was helping people
Workplace was casual if you buy the shirt for the company otherwise dress shirt and slacks. Overall experience was good and knowledgeable
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Short breaks and no employee incentives
It was a good job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 5, 2018
it was a good job. I was young and was an assistant manager from the get go. lots of room for advancement. good company to work for. I would recommend working here.
Good working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 5, 2018
A typical day from open to close. Is to meet the needs of the customers. Deciding which product would work for the customer.

The hardest part of the job is getting the customer to come in on time and pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to help the customer needs.
Ok Job with the right Directors and Area Managers
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, ALOctober 4, 2018
Typical Day* Collections, Marketing, Following a schedule closely.
Learned the ins and outs of PDL and short term lending.
Upper and Middle Management are A COMPLETE JOKE, Severely showing favoritism and when you reach out for any sort of help and guidance, you are beaten down because you asked for help. And any short coming WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FAULT, no exceptions. Hardest part of the job was keeping bad debt at bay, most customers know the collection efforts better than the employees, and beat it. The most enjoyable part of the job is paid holidays and Sundays off.
Pros
Holidays, Saturday and Sunday Schedules
Cons
Upper Management, No family friendly hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss