Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,072 reviews matching the search See all 5,085 reviews
No room for advancement
Key Holder Manager/Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 15, 2018
If you aren't upper management, then you don't matter! The disrespect from the district manager is unreal..why would ANYONE compare employees who work hard daily to monkeys..! If you get overtime you could potentially be written up or fired! No real advancement unless you do a lot of butt kissing. Would NOT recommend ANYONE to work here..
Pros
Being able to solve customer problems
Cons
Upper management, pay that you can't live off of, and no family time.
They were great untill...
Asst. General Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
After working there for quite some time, I moved up quite a bit, I loved my job and my staff. Unfortunately they don't look into the back rounds of their hired outside people. I was paired with a racist Manager after being passed up for the promotion i worked hard for.
Ended my working relationship with Advance and resulted in a law suit. The HR department really hands things poorly, even after giving substantial Proof to prove the hearsay.
Pros
Great everything
Cons
Upper management and HR don't really get anything done.
Outgoing and fast paced
General Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PANovember 15, 2018
Have to be a Team player or a Leader .Job is a very fast paced environment and throat cutter heavy lifting Not only drive equipment but lift car batteries ,oil on boxes,rotors on pallets .Besides it being unsafe job and extremely heavy the pay is very low and their is No Appreciation
Pros
Birthday lunches
Cons
Very short breaks
Over worked and underpaid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLNovember 14, 2018
They over work their employees while significantly underpaying them. Then when told you deserve a raise, you never receive thus raise. Not professional.
Could be better if not for pressure to upsell everything.
counter person (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
I had to deal with the public that needed repairs for their automobile.Tensions could be,at times,high. Overall,the company was alright to work for.I had good and bad management that I worked under. Co-workers were for the most part,average.
Pros
Opportunity to use your knowledge to help others.
Cons
Lack of advancement.
wasting your time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
Obvious favoritism at the store scale, it gets neglected by upper management. All the company cares about is hitting weekly numbers. You constantly get nagged about not selling monthly items although you are constantly offering. There really isnt alot if room to move up.
I enjoyed my time at advance.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLNovember 13, 2018
I lived my job at advance. I grew with the company. All the way from pt time, to general manager in less than 2 years. The bonus was great and had the support of my dm for the most part. This was between 2005 and 2011. Fellow co-workers say that it is not the same workplace as when I was there
Benefits
Cons
Dealing with lazy employee
Advance could use better security.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 12, 2018
Advance Auto DIY stores need more training. Everything is pretty common sense. By far as me saying DIY stores need more training I mean they should learn the same thing commercial stores know.
Advance auto parts
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 12, 2018
Management staff never knew what end was up went thur about 4 different leaders and they would talk about firing someone and the person they were firing would be the last to know days later ridiculous what kind of leader tells team members that are not in management before the management staff knows. I put my 2 weeks notice in after they fired a leader of management that was one of the nice and hardest working employee with the company. I guess hard work,dependable and reliable team members were not what they were looks for. I found out later that the reason why they fired this individual was because they didn’t meet there sales quota for 1 month. You get assigned a certain number of dollars that you have to meet in a month if you work there 40 hours a week your sales goal is usually somewhere around $1000-1400 a day and if at the end of the month you don’t reach it you could be fired. Even if you gave 15 years to the company.
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 12, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The benefits are not the best for medical but super awesome dental and vision coverage. Employee hours are always cut towards the end of the year like most companies.
Tareas diarias
GERENTE COMERCIAL (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRNovember 11, 2018
Abrir departamento comercial
Atender clientes presencial y por teléfono
Mantiene la productividad de ventas, apariencia de tienda y estándares de mercancía
Capacitación y desarrollo de nuevo personal

Aprendí todo lo que esta relacionado a vehículos de pieza
Pros
Seguro medico privado
Cons
sueldo
Great work enviremment low hourly wages
Automotive Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 11, 2018
Poor hourly wages, excellent ability to expand your knowledge within the automotive industry, while spending time with like minded individuals who have a passion for cars.
Pros
great work places, great co workers
Cons
low hourly wages
An all right place to work. For some, it may work out as a career with the right timing and luck. For others it is just another retail job.
Parts Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 10, 2018
Definitely more of a boys club type job at most stores but if you stay long enough you become part of the club. Can become a work family.
After three years here I have made a number of connections through customers, employees, and the shops we service in our area. A great job if you enjoy meeting people and learning something new almost every day.
Pros
Get to meet people, interesting job, get to learn new things, good vacation after 1 year
Cons
Always in a rush, can be very disorganized, managers/customers will put blame on you for things you didnt do/had no control over
fun place to enter workforce
Assistant Manager/Parts Salesman (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHNovember 10, 2018
I started here at the age of 18 and think it was a great place to start working at. I did learn a lot and was able to work my way up to assistant manager quite quickly. Unfortunately, a district manager hired in two family members from outside the company and promoted them to store managers at our store and the next nearest location. This made me feel like my time working up the ladder had been wasted so I chose to advance my career with another employer.
Working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Everyone is friendly just want more hours. I enjoy working with the public. I get along with everyone. I make everyone smile .
Learned alot with the company and should of held on and advanced through the ranks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2018
I loved AAP I just wasn't in the right mental state when I was employed by them sadly I'm left pondering what could of been if I stayed with the company.
Pros
Lots of automotive knowledge and expierence
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJNovember 9, 2018
Customer service, greet, help, assist. put in starters and batteries, wiper blades, scheduling managed 20 plus assocates administrative skills. drive sa.
Pros
Great team
Cons
not aany
Favortism and Slavery
Sales and Driver (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 9, 2018
While I enjoyed assisting customers, I did not like the favortism shown to new employees and current staff. Not every advance was like this.

I overall enjoyed my experience. I just don't like being the one stuck with all the work while everyone sits on their cell phones all day. I was there for 6 months and the new hires, which were hot women didn't have to do a thing.

I felt racially discriminated as well. Anyway. This place is good if you need a job quick. No drug test and no Background.
Pros
Working with car parts and discounts
Cons
Favortism and long hours.
What they say & what they do doesn't always match
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 8, 2018
Sales Calls to Commercial repair shops, market parts and equipment along with weekly specials. Also develop memberships for an exclusive program.
Learned to work with SalesForce, engine management seminars.
Store personnel very good for most part, management gets the most out people for the least . Stretches available hours and manpower logistics for commercial delivery and labor.
Promising delivery for what we don't have .
Working with existing customers and the development of new business.
Pros
No timeclock
Cons
took away company vehicle & phone for monetary compensation that wasn't enough.
Hated every day there.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 8, 2018
The manager was the most stupid person i ever worked with in my life.Friendship was more important than be honest. Had to leave because the female manager and a male worker had a great friendship. She only took his word for the truth.
Pros
non
Cons
anything and everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.5K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight