Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 4,891 reviews matching the search See all 4,899 reviews
Very Nice People--Not enough compensation
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Great people, fun, fast paced, but the pay was terrible. Minimum wage is not enough and the annual raises of ten cents are not enough. The team worked well together, supported each other, great communication.
Pros
Busy, fast paced
Cons
Does not pay well
Start/end times are ridiculous.
Sales Associate/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 18, 2018
Next to no ability to control your own availability, preferential treatment given to nitwits who were somehow given keys to the castle. Can goof off and take smoke breaks within 5 minutes of start of shift or disappear out back for 10 or more minutes without explanation.
Pros
Not many
Cons
12 year olds should run the store with how many of the associates act.
Good people, friendly customers most of the time.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
Most of the people who come in and out are loyal customers, however, there are a few exceptions. Some of the customers can be rude. But I enjoyed the job, the managers and co-workers were nice and all of them were good people to be around. I never once felt threatened by any of them, or a customer for that matter. It was a very chill and easy to work in atmosphere, I would work there again.
Pros
Good people, only strict when they need to be.
Cons
Only one break if you're working 8 hours, and that's lunch.
Great retirement job
Key Holder/Sales Associate/management (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Slow pace when it comes to deal with customers who are not acknowledged in vehicles or even know what vehicle they're driving Fast Pace stock day where reorganized and restock the shelves
Pros
Almost anyone can do the job if they're willing to work
Cons
Low salary
awesome place to work and learn.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Work was good because the people you work with are noble. Even when it gets hectic you get the help you need. My managers and coworkers we're all great. You learn so much just by having conversation with the customers.
Pros
free lunch, great relationships
i liked it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I immensely enjoyed my time working there. I would work there again given the opportunity. I had to move that's the only reason I had to leave there.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GASeptember 17, 2018
Awesome place you will enjoy it. But they don't pay enough. I wish they had better training and also make sure that every employee does same amount of work instead of one employee doing almost everything.
Nice place to be
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 16, 2018
What made this job so great was my co workers. Absolutely amazing to work with we were able to work as a team and restock , clean, change floor sets very fast.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Did not pay well
Clean bathrooms???
driver (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, njSeptember 16, 2018
For near minimum wage, why would I clean bathrooms? Maybe they don't know unemployment rate is under 4%!! For the pay they offer, there are many other low wage companies to work for that don't require cleaning bathrooms. The store manager was great but was held to insuring these cleaning jobs were adhered to. Sorry, no additional comments.
Pros
Store manager
Cons
see comment
It is a company where the team always tries to give the best customer service.
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL (Store 6464)September 15, 2018
It is a company where in addition to sales you can help people to solve the problems of their vehicles (battery change) without them having to make any additional payment.

Want to know more about Advance Auto Parts?

Ask a question
no comment
Commercial Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
i did not enjoy working for this company. I believe the customer service is better at AutoZone, the staff is quicker to help and find the parts you need.
Review
CPP (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 14, 2018
Typical work day involves dealing with customers and stock. There is always stock to put up or take down or rearrange the store.
I learned about parts on vehicles I didn't know existed.
Managers can be cool and teach you if they are the type to do that. Then you have some that think they are entitled to do nothing but give instructions.
Workplace culture depends on the store you work at. Some people are cool and will help you, other stores may have people that are selfish, lazy, or just plain foolish.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with ungrateful customers and managers that do not put in the work they expect you to put in.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the great co-workers if you are lucky and the nice repeat customers.
Pros
benifits like health and dental is relatively cheap compared to other places.
Cons
Retail stores are horrible, Weekends and long hours, No holidays off except Christmas and Thanksgiving day, Other than that, you are on a plantation, I bet the CEO's and their administratin get time off for their families.
Stressful and Anger Inducing
Sales Associate/ Parts Driver (Current Employee) –  Athol, MA 01331September 14, 2018
Working here is like working in mordor itself. The amount of disrespect in this company is enormous. I have multiple years of automotive experience but yet I am paid minimum wage. This is absolutely disgusting, management shows you no respect. I am almost 30 years old but yet I am treated like some high school kid which infuriates me. I would never work for this company ever again.
Pros
End of the day
Great company
General manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 14, 2018
Great job as of the company training but being a General manager you don't have much time off and work to many unpaid hours. I had a great Dm and had no problem with working beside him.
Pros
Great dm
Cons
Work to many unpaid hours
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCSeptember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working for advance auto parts. I really feel like it was the job that set me up for success in everyday life not just in a work environment
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Cons
Non
Wonderful time
Parts Salesman (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work with great people to work around. Sometimes Stressful, but it was worth it. I learned a lot when it came to the different people that came into the store, as well as the different parts that people needed.
Fun workplace
Sales person (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I’ve learned to work with customers more than before, I’ve learned how to handle situations with customers. I’ve learned how to diagnose cars or trucks with what the customers tell me.
Another corporation looking for a buck on your back
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seymour, TNSeptember 13, 2018
They tout a good program, but do not follow through with non-corp employees. People are expendable here. They have a great culture, if it were followed. But unfortunately most things are ignored unless it's made public.
It was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 12, 2018
Management was overwhelmed and didnt communicate with employees properly. was kinda just a jumbled mess. Never fully got trained on what I was suppose to do.
Not a bad place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Advance Auto Parts has been a great job for me. However with me finishing up my bachelor's degree there no benefit for me to stay with the company. The career outlook long term is minimal
Pros
Work is easy
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.5K
31.3K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss