Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,930 reviews matching the search See all 5,943 reviews
Backstabbing cowokers and management,
Rpp (Former Employee) –  LeedsJune 18, 2019
The whole company sucks, all the way up the latter. Under paid employees. Dont stand behind their own policies. Take away things you have earned and deserve to keep. I will never recommend anyone working for them.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Very fast paced must meet production
Picker/Packer/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 18, 2019
Good pay descent benefits a little unorganized and a lot of mandatory overtime. You get a raise every 90 days the first year. Must be quick and its hot in the summer but if you stick with it the pay is worth it
Pros
Good pay easy to move to new positions
Cons
Mandatory overtime
It’s a job
Commercial Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, S.CJune 18, 2019
It’s a job. You can build a relationship with customers. Getting the right parts for the customer is a plus. Making them feel more at ease & comfortable.
Pros
Competitive Prices
Cons
Right Parts
Work environment was positive and welcoming.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2019
The environment was favorable. I was able to work productively and my manager was fair and friendly. While I would like to have obtained more hours, I agreed initially to accept the job as part time.
Pros
Periodic social activities
Cons
Lack of benefits for part time workers
Sorry Company to work for
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 18, 2019
I only made $8.88 a hour and was there 8 months done my job the managers job and everyone else job and got no raises or benefits. Worked off the clock to get my manager training in just for it to be giving to a kid that was the GM stepson and it was his first job. This company could careless about there employees or customers. I don't recommend this company to anyone for anything. They promise you the world and lying the whole time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lies
On your feet all day
Warehouse Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Remington, INJune 17, 2019
Worked in shipping dept & selection dept..During training/temp service was getting $11.65/hr. Then after a 90 day raise and getting hired onto the company ended up getting 14.65 had another raise right after I left at I think 15.25. (Was there for 11mos)
On your feet all day on concrete (or machinery), besides lunch break, for 11hours (6a-5p).
It was fast paced bc there were waves of a certain amount of parts (I.e. 75,000pieces) that had to be shipped for certain orders & the parts had to be packaged a certain way in the shipping boxes n crates so they wouldn’t get damaged and mind you, you’re packaging auto parts, so stuff like rotors, brake pads, hoses, cases of washer fluid, so the job requires a lot of physical labor.
Pros
Raises, pay wasn’t too bad, got gift cards based on performance
Cons
Breaks, grace period, travel
Fun fast pased place to work, I always looked forward to going in everyday
Retail Parts Pro, Key holder (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 17, 2019
I always had things to do it seemed as if there was always something new everyday .Most of the co workers were easy to work with and the GM management was fair although the district management was something to be desired
District management does not support career growth
Keyholder, Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OH 43147June 17, 2019
District management was not interested in seeking to resolve problems nor improving retail functionality, only in 'not rocking the boat'.
District management would talk the talk but not walk the walk when it came to developing people.
Pros
Rewards for top producers
Cons
Lack of support from district management and low pay.
Not for the faint of heart
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJune 17, 2019
Terrible hiring ethic. They do NOT hire from within as much as other companies I have been in or talked about. They want you to bleed and sweat for them, with no real compensation to the team doing the work. Only store managers would get to travel or get bonuses.
Best Place to Work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2019
Support network Health and clearing tickets. It was nice place to work and the hardest part was IP conflicts and Wireless Controller. It was fun while working with team
Very low paying company. No benefits for part time employees.
Parts driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 16, 2019
Very low paying company that has no benefits for part time employees. I’ve had 3 different managers in the 4 plus years I’ve worked there. They have been easy to get along with generally. Upper management only care about sales and how good the store managers can make them look. Little to no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Can schedule any days off for vacation you want.
Cons
No benefits for part time employees.
Fast fun work place
Cashier/Driver (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 16, 2019
This job was fun, but the pay was not enough. Even if you got promoted in the company it still wasn't enough to match the cost of living. You will meet a lot of different people and be able to network.
Pros
Helpful, understanding work place
Cons
The pay needs to be better.
The good and the bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2019
Very great company to work for. Work environment was decent. Management in store could have been better due to not being around to help the employees
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, no commission. No incentive awards. No paid vacation
Fast pace working environment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Remington, IN 47977June 15, 2019
Very stressful and fast pace working with deadlines to meet for shipping products on a timely manner.
Accuracy is a plus making sure all stores receive their products that they need.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overtime is mandatory
Good job bad leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 15, 2019
Worked with them for over a year and they offered me a 20 cent raise when i would close for them almost every weekend! Other than that i learned a lot about cars and was a good experience!
I loved the job!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
Problem is the new DM is ex AutoZone and all the GN's were from AutoZone!!!!! Just call all the stores here in Las Vegas NV AutoZone cuz that's what they are!!!! I loved my job and did my best every day. I was told I was promoted to AGM and it never happened!!!!!! It's not the company, but the DM who is to blame. He got rid of a lot of long time employees and replaced them with people from AutoZone!!!!!
Ridiculous a horrible place to work.
GM (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 14, 2019
What’s the payoff for working at Advance? You get to be a GM, then you can work 20 hours per week for free because you’re on salary. Or is it that you get a DM who thinks he can set policies as he wants, and can talk to his people like they’re beneath him? I’m not sure what’s worse. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Management (DM)
the senor drivers got the hours
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 13, 2019
Came in, pulled parts, delivers parts to customers. When stock trucks came we stocked the shelves while also delivering orders. when we had no delivery's we also helped take care of walk in customers
Great place to learn more about automobiles
Commercial Parts Driver, Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 13, 2019
Lower level management were beneficial to learning more about automobile parts.

Developed strong relationships with commercial customers.

Hours dropped due to service on the commercial side of the business.
Continuous flow
auto parts delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2019
This place is cool for college kids and older baby boomers. And lower level living expenses. You learn about cars too.
Other stores connect I'm order to provide time efficient delivery all over the Columbus Ohio area
Pros
Independent and out in the air
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.7K
31.6K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss