Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,295 reviews matching the search See all 5,308 reviews
Inspire, serve and grow
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCJanuary 17, 2019
The best thing I learned from my years with Advance Auto Parts was how to wow someone. Helping someone and given you’re all to go out of the way even when it wasn’t necessary and then share it with your team members and even customers to create a chain reaction that starts all over with the next person.
No one goes into a parts store that doesn’t need something. Showing them that you care and that you’re there to help is key to doing your best job. The mad and the irate customers are the hardest to deal with but if you step back let them vent and think how you want to be treated you can help them with the best of your knowledge. If this sounds like something that you’re good at then this company is for you.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
You can’t help everybody no matter how hard you try.
it was abad place to work
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSJanuary 17, 2019
it was not good the plant close down a lot of people without jobs and they been had knew before they told anyone i would not tell nobody about this place ever
Great place
stock picker (Former Employee) –  Remington, INJanuary 16, 2019
great place to work and fun environment. Loved doing my job and the overtime. Opportunities to advance in the company and get trained on heavy machinery.
Stable retail job with room for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2019
If you catch on to things quickly and work hard at what you do there will always be room to advance your career. I learned leadership skills, how to manage a business and how to develop a sales culture. A typical day involves providing excellent customer service. You also need to make sure you have the product that customers need as well as a clean, neat, well stocked and organized store for customers to shop. Taking ownership of your business is a key to becoming successful.
This was a fun, productive, work place that was in a great location
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gallman, MSJanuary 15, 2019
A typical day of work consist of coming on time & being able to stand. I learned how to operate Fork-lifts & Hand held computers which was easy to program. Most of the time we had different Managers but they all was fun to be around & communicate on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was the long hours with just two 15min breaks & one 30min break. I enjoyed working in the environment because of the space that the building provided to move around.
Pros
The people was exciting to work with. Had some parties on special occassions.
Cons
This warehouse had alot of lazy people who really didnt wanted to work, & got in the way of people who really needed to work.
A job and not a career.
Credit Support Specialist, Strategic Accounts (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 15, 2019
The job is fast paced and you are asked to multi task at all times. There is very little down time. You have to hit the ground running. You are expected to know the information fast and execute it even faster.
Pros
No take home work.
Cons
No time to breath.
Fast paced
Commercial Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Neverending learning of new parts and availability and ways to get parts. Great place if your taught right. Upper management is great! Store level needs to be assessed.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Advancement
Advance Auto Parts was a good place to work
Customer Service/Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallman, MSJanuary 15, 2019
The environment at Advance Auto MS location was good, the work was steady and people was dedicated to their work. The MS DC treated each team member with respect and they valued their work ethic. I valued my time with the company and I have learned a lot about different car parts.
Pros
Fun days
Cons
healthcare
I was a Part Time job, for a retired man.
Mobil Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed doing my job and the Commercial Customers. Good company car, for deliveries. The reason I left, was because of the NEW Corporate Policy change in Jan 2014.
Pros
Good wage for part time
Cons
The last manager that I worked for was not a PEOPLE PERSON
low pay
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Not fast paced but low pay , like most retail jobs there are only a few key positions that will ever get a decent wage. Nit a bad entry level job but wages not high enough to live on.
Pros
fairly easy work
Cons
low pay
Was a decent place to work odd hours
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Typical day would be answering phones and deliver parts to customers. Restock shelves and cleaning floors. hardest part about the job was alot of lifting heavy parts.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Working weekends and nights, working holidays
Don’t work here you will regret it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 14, 2019
They don’t care about nothing terrible company
They tried to fire me because my pay was too high
Never new why they are still in business DMs are garbage
Pros
Cons
It’s a job I guess
Complaints with staff and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Management did not make time to be available for questions and concerns. I had to leave the store because I was pregnant. I would not work for this store if given the chance to.
No room for growth
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Worked here for 5 years and didn't move up in rank or pay grade management didn't help with anything had to learn on my own co workers where cool though
Pros
Discount
Cons
No guidance
Pretty good place to work
Expert knowledge (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 14, 2019
It has been great 6+ yrs, but like many other corporate companies they don't take care of their people. They could do better by supporting there stores in bringing in inventory and more hours for stores to operate correctly.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The talk doesn't match the walk.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2019
The overall plan and desire for how the company wants to move forward is inspiring, but the follow-through is lacking. Some teams are very much aligned. While others are really good at playing the game but behind the scenes nothing moves. If you are on one of the "dead" teams, it can be a hostile place to work if you want to be part of the movement.
Pros
The Raleigh campus is beautiful.
Cons
The people make it tough.
fun workplace and flexible hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAJanuary 12, 2019
the best part of the job was that I learned alot about auto parts and how to utilize their data base. Other than this, the job pays poorly and tends to credit only management when staff !!
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
great learning experience
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAJanuary 11, 2019
learned a lot about vehicles and customer service during my employment. also gained skills using card readers and cash handling. along with knowledge on setting up displays.
Rough place to work
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Cairo, GAJanuary 11, 2019
This location really struggles due to lack of leadership from the manager. I had no personal issues with him, but he is simply stuck in his ways and does not provide leadership to team members. Lack of training and direction is the biggest problem.
not a friendly company
Customer service (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 11, 2019
a company thats out for themselves never looked out for its employees. left a store with no manager for more than four months while the employees scrambled to keep the store open. never felt appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.6K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight