Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 4,681 reviews matching the search See all 4,691 reviews
Great customer service
Parts Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 22, 2018
Great people with like minds, they hire mostly part time people, but the people who are full time take there jobs pretty seriously, very organized with helpful training.
Pros
full time
Cons
pay
Perfect for part time work
Assistant general Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJuly 22, 2018
Advance Auto Parts is not a career for someone with a family. They expect you to drop your life and devote it to selling auto parts. A typical day at work for an assistant manager is very stressful. Corporate always puts customer needs over your own, even if you are being belittled or harassed. You cannot have a flexible schedule, or go to school to continue your education. Yes, I have learned lot about management, however they do not follow policy. Upper management does not care about their store managers. They promise you room for advancement and then string you along while you work like a dog for less than decent pay.
Helping people solve car issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2018
I helped customers find the right parts for people to fix their cars. I also helped put parts away after receiving them from the truck delivery guy. I help installed batteries into the costumers cars.
Pros
Learn about car parts
Cons
Always busy and long hours
Fun place to work
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 22, 2018
We’re working as a team ,we are a family good management .... we know what we’re doing always take care the customers make them laugh all the time .😊😊😊😊😊😊
Fast paced an diverse demographic
Commercial Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 21, 2018
clock in grab,keys an cart with invoice and parts and deliver to customer planograms, zoning an putting up truck.
Plano grams
in the time i was there i went through 4 manager
Negative workplace culture
delivering in cold and hot weather
being around automotive parts
Pros
driving
Cons
false promises
Energetic, family like staff
Commercial Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 21, 2018
Working for Advance Auto is a pleasure. The employees and management make you feel like a part of family. Everyone helps out each other with no issues
Not what you know but who you know
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
Hires externally way too much for management positions when internal employees are more than qualified and have tenure with company. It's extremely excessive and if you're not in the right clique you'll never be promoted even when you're the top 5 in the company out of 700 people in your position. Insane amount of change to the point it's dizzying.
Great people to work with, but inconsistent hours and low pay.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARJuly 20, 2018
The workers are fun and helpful, joke around, split the work load, and will answer any questions you may have if they can.
This particular store pays pretty low for all positions and the hours are very inconsistent; the shifts you work can change daily and the amount of hours you get will change every week.
Pros
Discount on purchases, friendly environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours, no advancement
Fun nworkplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
I like this job its a nice relaxed job you learn a lot from it to. You make sure everything is stocked and front faced before you open or close the store. Then you must put up stock when there is stock to put up.
Pros
part discounts
Cons
no cons
A typical day at work was very long.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 20, 2018
I would have to say that being on the management team at Advance Auto was a tolling task. You worked long hours for very little pay. I was never home with my family. My operating budget was small. Therefore, I had to work as both the manager, stock clerk/cashier. The roles and responsibilities don't line up with the paid and hours worked.
Pros
low paid and long hours
Cons
It gave me and means to relocate to North Carolina
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCJuly 19, 2018
I would still be here but I was on light duty due to a shoulder injury and was going to have surgery. I looked for a job that would not evolve so much lifting.
It helped my customer service
car parts sales (Former Employee) –  orlando, flJuly 19, 2018
it helped me become strong on car service and identifying car parts. I'm able to help customer with suggesting the best oil to lube their car with and suggest some chemicals that would help their fuel efficiency.
Pros
i love the discount
Cons
20 average hours a week
workplace culture
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 19, 2018
Moving up in this company is very hard. They want you to provide excellent work related tasks and always go above and beyond but they want to pay you little to nothing for your hard work
Bad management and schedule conflicts.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 19, 2018
The management didn't communicate well, if at all. And they would always call you in and say the schedule "wasn't supposed to be that way" or they would forget to post the next week's schedule altogether.
Pros
Easy work. Most time spent on the road.
Cons
Bad management. Schedule conflicts.
Fun place to work for a Car enthusiast
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed working there because i loved to work on cars and was able to help people that weren't always knowledgeable with cars find the right parts for their vehicle
Pros
awesome discounts on parts
Cons
working outside in the weather conditions when it was bad weather
Fun and learning career
CLOSING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mt. Penn, PAJuly 18, 2018
working for advance auto parts an employe can learn things that they might not know when starting the position. They teach the new comers about cars and what they need to fix the issue for the customer. You can learn a lot about vehicles, such as maintenance supplements to keep your vehicle running until you take it to the shop.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 18, 2018
It was so much going on inside that I rather not leave a review at the moment. Some of the people can really show you so much as far as part knowledge, if they are trying to help and not trying to date you.
Company
Cashier management (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJuly 18, 2018
Advance Auto should value the good workers they have and allow them to use there skills. Notice the hard work the employees have to do in retail during all hours.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Low pay
Advance is a nice place to work
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJ 07731July 18, 2018
A nice place to work. Salary is low so don't expect to have a growing bank account. Benefits are typical Obama Care that you pay high co-pays. You're now paying more for healthcare that before Obama Care.
Pros
A fun place to work if you like cars.
Cons
Low Salary/beneifits
Excellent Starting point
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 18, 2018
If you can get your foot in the door, AAP is a good place to start building your customer service skills. The location and management of your particular branch may offer several places to work at if you find you don't mesh with a particular one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.4K
31.3K

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Advance Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably