Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,920 reviews matching the search See all 5,933 reviews
Very low paying company. No benefits for part time employees.
Parts driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 16, 2019
Very low paying company that has no benefits for part time employees. I’ve had 3 different managers in the 4 plus years I’ve worked there. They have been easy to get along with generally. Upper management only care about sales and how good the store managers can make them look. Little to no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Can schedule any days off for vacation you want.
Cons
No benefits for part time employees.
Fast fun work place
Cashier/Driver (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 16, 2019
This job was fun, but the pay was not enough. Even if you got promoted in the company it still wasn't enough to match the cost of living. You will meet a lot of different people and be able to network.
Pros
Helpful, understanding work place
Cons
The pay needs to be better.
The good and the bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2019
Very great company to work for. Work environment was decent. Management in store could have been better due to not being around to help the employees
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, no commission. No incentive awards. No paid vacation
Fast pace working environment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Remington, IN 47977June 15, 2019
Very stressful and fast pace working with deadlines to meet for shipping products on a timely manner.
Accuracy is a plus making sure all stores receive their products that they need.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overtime is mandatory
Good job bad leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 15, 2019
Worked with them for over a year and they offered me a 20 cent raise when i would close for them almost every weekend! Other than that i learned a lot about cars and was a good experience!
I loved the job!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
Problem is the new DM is ex AutoZone and all the GN's were from AutoZone!!!!! Just call all the stores here in Las Vegas NV AutoZone cuz that's what they are!!!! I loved my job and did my best every day. I was told I was promoted to AGM and it never happened!!!!!! It's not the company, but the DM who is to blame. He got rid of a lot of long time employees and replaced them with people from AutoZone!!!!!
Ridiculous a horrible place to work.
GM (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 14, 2019
What’s the payoff for working at Advance? You get to be a GM, then you can work 20 hours per week for free because you’re on salary. Or is it that you get a DM who thinks he can set policies as he wants, and can talk to his people like they’re beneath him? I’m not sure what’s worse. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Management (DM)
the senor drivers got the hours
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 13, 2019
Came in, pulled parts, delivers parts to customers. When stock trucks came we stocked the shelves while also delivering orders. when we had no delivery's we also helped take care of walk in customers
Great place to learn more about automobiles
Commercial Parts Driver, Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 13, 2019
Lower level management were beneficial to learning more about automobile parts.

Developed strong relationships with commercial customers.

Hours dropped due to service on the commercial side of the business.
Continuous flow
auto parts delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2019
This place is cool for college kids and older baby boomers. And lower level living expenses. You learn about cars too.
Other stores connect I'm order to provide time efficient delivery all over the Columbus Ohio area
Pros
Independent and out in the air
Cons
Pay rate
great company
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 13, 2019
I eoyed my time working with this Company. Made a few friends, and got along wqell with my Coworkers. I had no problem with helping a co-worker out when they needed help.
Was there during the purchase of Carquest
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJune 12, 2019
it is a bit difficult to really evaluate as I arrived just as they had purchased Carquest. This made things really confusing for a while as they tried to determine how things would work.
Typical to work for
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the customers and getting to help them with their problems. A typical day at work is that you clock in and get with your Manager to find out what assignment you need to complete. Learned a lot there and advancement is possible if willing to work for it. Everyone is pretty cool there, but some drama from time to time.
Poor Management and Job environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 12, 2019
So many employees in & out because of poor management. They tend to treat you different based on your knowledge and will shame you for being lesser or greater when it comes to knowledge. Management will not promote but instead hire someone else that does not have the credentials.
nice part time job
Provide customer service (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 12, 2019
Nice part time job, the people i work with are fun and friendly. The discount on parts is nice. Gives you good experience working with a variety of customers to save them money on car repairs.
Job is active fast paced and have interactions with different people
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 12, 2019
I loved my job but management is not what it was at 1 time they tell you 1 thing and react a whole different way when you do speak out was working at store another employee walked out no excuses dosnt show back up the next day go to work 15 min late other employee is there and I’m told to go home for being late NOT GOOD MANGMENT
Great place to work. Excellent coworkers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NJJune 12, 2019
Goid fair managers who push you to exceed your sales goals. Customers are absolutely awesone as they make the job better. You meet all types of individuals as everyone jas a car thatneeds a part or two.
Pros
Team morale, paid vacations
Cons
Hours and the extra truck days
Great place to worm
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 11, 2019
Great life work balance. I love working with the team members here in my texas town, i think we make a great team. We encourage one another, always a positive environment, our customers tell us SO =)
Pros
great environment and full of information
Cons
part time =(
Sad
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Ware, MAJune 11, 2019
This company has fallen bad over the years. When I first started it was a great company to work for but after 10 1/2 yrs it had changed for the worst. I do not recommend working for this company for a long period of time. For a starter job or just cause you wanna work... sure but not a career. You as a person dont matter to them.
Wonderful company with market issues
AGM (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2019
Advance was once a great place to work, however with the recent influx of online ordering the stores have taken a big hit. It was nearly impossible to give enough hours to employees. Senior Management was only worried about making their year of the end bonus, even if it was at the cost of the lower hourly paid employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.7K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight