Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 2, 2018
This company has several branches all over USA and is excellent place to work. All employees and managers share same work load and no one feel like they are ignored. Every one gets equal respect and work advancement opportunity.
inconsistant place to work
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 2, 2018
shift could change at anytime, new manager was not willing to work with me after 2 hip replacement, corporate took my name off the list and would have had to reapply and start at min wage
Job Responsibilities
Systems Development Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 2, 2018
Systems Development Manager/Program Manager - Responsible for managing the systems development and implementation for IT projects of varying budgetary sizes and complexity.
Responsible for departmental budgeting and tracking across all projects, with an emphasis on capitalizing internal labor and reducing controllable expense. Responsible for the management of a multi-disciplinary team including project managers, quality assurance, business analysts and systems developer resources and numerous off shore production support/small enhancement resources.
Advance auto parts was a very disorganized and stressful environment due to poor management
Commercial Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYMay 2, 2018
Sometimes I would open and close the store because my store manager would leave when he felt like leaving which would leave me to uphold the retail registers and safe and making sure the store was properly opened and closed along with keeping the storefront well stocked and ordering necessary parts and products when inventory count was low or out of stock. Sometimes coming in at 7 am and not leaving till 8 pm because my store manager did not see through with his tasks leaving me to complete all opening and closing protocol to the best of my ability.
Pros
Being my own boss and becoming familiar with multiple systems
Cons
Long hours and upholding the store although it was not my position
Flexible schedule, easy job
Driver/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
It is an easy job. Before starting, i did not know anything about cars. The catalog is easy to use and it will help you find the parts that the customer needs easily. Only thing that is bad is that It is so boring when it gets so slow, especially after finishing everything that needs to be done.
Fun coworkers, interesting problems to solve
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 1, 2018
I mainly dealt in inventory maintenance, and low level customer assistance. My coworkers were all knowledgable and very willing to share what they had learned. My only issue was that I worked there for three years, and never had the opportunity to go anywhere, and I'm very sure I could have. Turns out, when you win awards for you manager, he wants to keep you around.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Its been so long ago
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, GAMay 1, 2018
Its been almost 13 years since I worked at this establishment. I enjoyed it a lot of day. I was promoted relatively quickly with a good increase in pay at each level. I never made it past assistant manager because I was fired for something the manager had done on multiple times. I just never said anything because I thought we had each others back.
I was not great with the manager, they got the job over me and never had rear automotive, parts experience. They were the inventory manager.
Any whom, I met great people and worked with some also.
Cons
You're on your feet 90% of the day
Avoid Working Here
District Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
Avoid this place like the plague. The worst senior/regional leadership I have ever experienced. They have no idea what they are doing. All of the higher leadership turnover reflects this. Do not work here.
A job with flexible enough hours to give you insomnia
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Covington, VAMay 1, 2018
The pay is low. The average employee tenure is low as well. The companies computer systems are 10 years behind the competitors and fail frequently. A perfect job for someone who doesn't care about anything.
You will get no where working here, no matter how long you work there.
Project lead for warehouse remodeling (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 1, 2018
I struggled here, manegment was no help. I woked 3 long hard years and was never noticed for my work ethics. I used to love my job here until I was treated horribly and tooken advantage of.
Good if you just graduated high school
Commercial sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2018
Good for high school grads frist job. Upper management doesnt care about you at all what so ever. They demand alot from you with little to no help . Your just a number . What a waste of 6 years being lied to and told that ill get the promotion. That was promised but never given to me.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Under paid over worked only good for a high school kids
Advance is a good company to work for for full or part time
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYApril 30, 2018
Id recommend advance to someone looking to start out in the automotive field or for an experienced person as a “parts professional”. The environment is friendly while still appropriate and the schedule is flexible. There are multiple opportunities in the company such as driving, parts pros, and management.
Pros
Discounts flexible schedule
Cons
Raises are unlikely
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
Good company to work for. The manager was excellent and very fair with your schedule. You get to learn as you go and get good hands on experience learning about cars.
unless your in commercial sales, skip this one
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 29, 2018
might as well work at McDonalds if you plan on working here as a p on. commercial sales is ok tho. can b a good role before looking for a better sales job
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 29, 2018
If you want a very monotonous job this place is okay. The job itself is not hard, but dealing with being only one of maybe two drivers total in a day, when you need three to four ,depending on the store, is stressful. My specific manager is an amazing person and great to work with, but its hard to deal with other coworkers who slack off and leave their job to be done by others.
There is some advancement if you want to sell parts or manage a store. If you get one of these positions be prepared to keep your numbers up and rising constantly. They don't want to hear slow day or care if a shop is having a slow day. It's typical box store mentality.

If you can be in a store with good reliable coworkers and enough staff, then it can be a fun temporary job, and you can learn about cars and parts, but finding such a store is rare.
Pros
decent benefits if you can get full-time
Cons
late getting to eat lunches, lack of enough staff
I enjoyed my position and work place environment , very respectful and and friendly co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 29, 2018
Great place to work , lunch is always reasonable , my boss was awesome and very understandable to a life-happens situation. Scheduals where never fixed but you got the hours you wanted depending on business. I recommend advance auto jobs.
Pros
Flexable availabilty
Cons
All weather battery changes
Evolving culture and political climate
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2018
Perspective of workplace culture drastically varies between departments. Large communication disconnect and employee moral breakdown within middle management.
Pros
People
Benefits
fun and good opportunity to learn about cars.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 28, 2018
Good company for students to work while in school. flexible with schedules. you will learn new things about vehicles. You will have fun working here and they are very flexible with school schedules.
Fast paced and informative.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 28, 2018
Learned even more about vehicles and their auto parts. Learned about some of the better local mechanic services. Meet new people daily. The employees are a team
Pros
around automobiles and automobile accessories daily
Cons
slightly low on pay
Great crew very productive great customers
Commercial Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2018
Opened at 7am with commercial business cranking,once the store opened at 8 the fun began. The list of duties was put out and the team began knocking out the list which consisted of cycle counts, back stock, outs, stocking, taking care of the customers. We all installed batteries and wiper blades for the customers
Pros
Good health care, 401k, enjoyable to work
Cons
Sometimes not getting lunch, short handed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Advance Auto Parts.