Advance Care Alliance

Advance Care Alliance Employee Reviews

United States32 reviews
A typical work day: Made up of driving to different sites to visit people with disabilities and their support staff. Extensive, Redundant documentation is required but you have some flexibility.

Management: Hit or miss as with anywhere

Work Culture: Depends on your location. The organization as a whole intends to have a great work culture but whether the ideal culture is being followed will depend on your given location within the organization.

The Hardest part of the job: miscommunication, micromanagement, severely poor training, excessive paperwork and data entry which diminishes the quality of the work.
Pros
Flexibility, work independently from anywhere
Cons
Poor training, below average middle-management
This is probably the worst company that I've ever wanted for!!! I would recommend at all!!! The trainings provided was good but the micromanagement was too much. The Regional Director was a bonafide witch.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor wages and Management
I repeat, DO NOT apply for a position with this company. Upper Management constantly creates projects with unrealistic deadlines, then once projects are complete, they will completely change the requirements, giving Care Managers double work. They will switch cases among Care Managers while work is still pending from the initial Care Manager thus creating confusion for the families. Standard policies are in constant change. Our handbook was changed about 3 times in a year and a half. There is no uniformity between teams. One team of Care Managers are following a set of instruction while the others are doing something totally different. Care Managers have limited time to complete referrals and access beneficial services for families because they are too busy completing separate projects for ACA to remain in compliance with the State. ACA is only concerned with quantity of cases not quality of services we need to provide. It is horrible to know that this company is what families rely on to access services.
A decent agency however, they need to revamp ASAP. The care managers are not paid enough for the amount of work provided. Remote work is not promised at all!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
A good environment with an excellent supervisor and colleagues.However, there are many challenges, such as the amount of paperwork, notes, caseload and inconsistency of providers. OPWDD and ACA are still trying to get everything streamlined.
ACANY is a non-for-profit serving the disabled population. I have been working for ACA since 2018 and have enjoyed every minute working here even on those crazy days.
In my role as Operations Manager, I am responsible for coordinating the setting up and closing of all work site for our Care Managers. I have contributed to the development of 70 work sites from negotiate and secure various service agreements, purchase furniture fixtures and equipment.
I interacted with a variety of people who were Professional Leaders in their Field. Working here allowed me to learn about Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, and how they are supported and serviced.
Great place to work, versatility, flexible, and very busy. Great competition wages and room for advancement. Very busy but it is rewarding job especially to learn and grow in human service field.
Toxic , unavoidable trap.....caseloads are judged by weight ....and not actual conditions . CM assistants are strictly for the supervisors....attitude . Too many system updates. They do not provide the proper support. Your health will be jeopardised. Up and down . Antisocial behavior. DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO ! EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYBODY.....CLICKS EVERYWHERE 1.....
Do not by all means work here, no race diversity amongst the so called Vice Presidents, they're all white and evil they can't even respond when you say good morning to them. When you're hired they tell you that you can apply for different roles within 6 months complete BS. I was with the company for a year and 4 months and was denied a supervisory role.
In the beginning I was really excited to work for ACA because they tell you its a new agency a lot of room for growth and advancement. what they don't tell you is that they are very unorganized and they don't have it all together. They bring in management that doesn't know what their doing. My supervisor was talking about me behind my back to other co-workers which was soo unprofessional it got back to me and I was so shocked so disappointed and shortly thereafter I left. The case loads are high and you must work overtime and even than you won't feel a sense of accomplishment because the work is never ending and they micromanage your time. Going to the office so much doesn't make sense and when I was in the office its too noisy so its very hard to be productive. Staff desks are on top of each other so no privacy for calls a lot of gossiping going on because people are on top of each other. The printers and copy machines didn't always work a lot of glitches in the system. The people in the office would take two hour lunches disappear for hours at a time but management didn't care about that because they were in the office so that didn't make sense to me. They are too busy micromanaging staff as opposed to allowing people to work in their own way as long as the deadlines are met and the work is done properly treat people accordingly to their work trust the staff you hire and that was not the case. So I resigned after a little over a year. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I was very disappointed. I feel they could of done a lot better. This is a job that requires for - more...
If you like to backbite others and set people up, to get a promotion in a short period of time, then this is the place to be. Don't let the income fool you. The salary is not even close to the work responsibilities given. No pension is given to employees. Overtime is always welcomed and encouraged because you never have sufficient time to complete daily tasks and responsibilities. A vacation package will also be given once you complete your corrupt tasks and responsibilities given by administration. If you are transparent with your work performance, some people like staff and in managerial positions might feel threatened because transparency will expose their incompetency and poor supervisory and managerial skills. Work is never finished and you can never catch up on workload because there are so many deficiencies in daily tasks and responsibilities. For example, I Am Assessments, Life Plans, DDP2, LCED/LOC, ISP or either incomplete, missing, and outdated for several years and you would be the scapegoat for the problems. No one is there to teach you about the databases like Medisked and Choices.
The administration will deliberately give you limited access to databases in order to blame you for the deficiencies when auditors come to evaluate agency. If you can perform miracles like Jesus did, then you won't have any problems adjusting to this new work environment. You cannot trust anyone. Some people are charming with their interaction with you that you may consider them a friend. But, the only reason why they approach you is to find out your weaknesses and use them
 - more...
The works times are from 8-8. Upper management is rude and disrespectful. Theres Training EVERY month. TRAINING IS A WASTE OF TIME .Alot of people quit so your caseload is always over 35. Toxic work environment. No one but a few coworkers are helpful. No one knows what they are doing. All the care about the numbers and not the quality of life. You cant do anything without the permission of upper management
Bad place stay away. Horrible management. Nobody cares. Wouldn't even allow my worst enemy to work here. Company run by demons.very bad place. Came home with headaches everyday because of the stressful environment. They put people in charge who could care less and don't know what they doing
They hired a bunch of unqualified management to be in charge whom have no experience in management or health home. none the less some have openly admitted that they have never worked with people at all. Work conditions are uneven across the board. Either, you are at wework and have a great work environment or nothing. Some supervisors are great, some supervisors have no idea how to manage or coach.
Pros
time off
Cons
management
I previously worked as an MSC and transitioned to Care Manager with ACA. Honestly, I would prefer the transition never happened. There is no clear direction from the state on where everything is going and because the agency is a new agency, the people higher up have no experience in the DD field. You CAN NOT work in mental health and expect the DD field to be the same. The agency has grown to have a high turnover rate. Because they're losing to many Care Managers so fast, they're trying to hire new ones that have no idea what they're doing because there's no proper training. I feel as though the agency cares more about billing and money than they do their own employees and their employees mental health. I was taking work home every day/weekend to complete work. every week there's a new deadline. They don't care how you meet those deadlines, as long as you meet them. For one person to carry a case load of 35-40, is WAY too much and extremely stressful, but yet, its supposed to be "Person Centered" planning. How can I even provide the proper management for one person when I have 39 others coming at me with issues. Lets not even mention the parents. The parents are so entitled and will complain if you aren't moving fast enough for them because no one explains to them that you have 39 other people on your case or that things take time. When they complain to Directors or Senior Directors, they get coddled and soothed and the Care Manager gets reprimanded. You will experience Stress and Burn-out in this field and work will feel like a chore everyday. Even the supervisors become annoyed - more...
A typical work day can be busy, but rewarding. There are days that you will feel overwhelmed, but if you manage your time properly, it can be a great productive day.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Meeting project deadlines
Shortly after I began working at Advanced Care Alliance (two days) the second in command in HR “specialist” office in Manhattan began to harass me. I couldn’t figure out what she had against me. I soon realized it was the color of my skin. She singled me out every chance she could get. She also got her coworkers involved in it as well. There is zero accountability with Human Resources. Hostile work environment.
My review of this agency remains to be anonymous at this time as I am currently still working here however will say that the perks of what the company offers are legit.
Someone quit on a post-it. We get paid pretty decent which is the only reason we stay, but we are disrespected daily by parents, brokers, and even worse, the company itself. Way overworked. Unrealistic expectations. No communication between offices and there’s a lot of misinformation. Everyone is on a different page. It’s very stressful and there is no work-home balance. This is why the parents always get down on us for the high turnover.
Stressful environment and unrealistic expectations. The agency cares more about their "billing" rather than the actual people the agency is serving. Care Managers are given way too many cases and the agency expects for you to have all these assessments, paperwork, and referrals in by such a short time frame. It is a "start up company" and they use that as an excuse to be breathing down your neck for paperwork and referrals to be completed. There is no such thing as Work/Life balance at this agency. They lie to you at the interview. I knew people that would take their work HOME. The agency could really care less how stressed an employee is as long as their work is completed. Take a hard look as to why they are constantly having hiring events and positions open. They can't maintain employees because everyone ends up quitting due to the stress of their demands. They have various locations throughout NYC. The only upside to my experience is that I worked at a location where the co-workers were supportive.