Advance Care Alliance Employee Reviews

terrible management
Care Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 11, 2019
They hired a bunch of unqualified management to be in charge whom have no experience in management or health home. none the less some have openly admitted that they have never worked with people at all. Work conditions are uneven across the board. Either, you are at wework and have a great work environment or nothing. Supervisors have no idea how to manage or coach. Limited training and little access to resources outside of your supervisor's knowledge. No other place has work conditions this bad and instability.
Pros
time off
Cons
management
Good workplace
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
I have other reason to leave. But I appreciate everything and everyone.
I learn a lot working at ACA. I'm greatful that they gave me the opportunity.
Opportunity is on the horizon
HRIS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
I've been with Advance Care Alliance from the time when there were only 12 people in the organization. Since then, I have had the opportunity to work with so many different people and personalities over the course of the past year. I have been able to not only use the skills I came in with to help the organization grow, but due to the support of senior management, I have been able to learn more than I could have ever imagined.
I can't say that I have experienced any real negatives since I have been working here. The only thing I think people need to be aware of is that ACA is still operating very much like a start-up. As such, there are always going to be a learning curve as the organization grows and refines its processes. I have to admit that the "start-up environment" is not for everyone.
Overall, if you are looking for an organization where you will be valued and have an exponential opportunity for growth, Advance Care Alliance is your best option.
Pros
Generous PTO, Equitable Salary, Good Culture
Extremely Unorganized
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New yorkMarch 16, 2019
This company will be great one day and I get paid very well however; there is no structure. You have senior directors, directors and supervisors that don't know anything and are unable to assist their staff and then you have some who know everything and assist their staff. The business is all about money. Care Managers have waaaay too many cases and are unable to provide quality care to their clients. They have these I AM assessments to do but nobody knows how to do them (Sr. Directors, Directors and Sups). You are constantly moving from one location to another, They don't have printing, scanning and copying hooked up and their IT department is worthless because when you call they they can't fix your problem and they don't travel to sites to connect ACA equipment....dumbest thing i ever seen in my life. People quit all the time...i understand their frustrations. When you don't know and nobody is there to teach you....stressful and frustrating. They need to become better organized in their hub locations. Their main spot is all set up and everyone is living their best lives...great in NYC office. Everywhere else...not so great. Money for Care Manager's is low...do waaaaay too much work for the low pay. Their recruiter is blessing...they better not ever let her go, she;s amazing and works her butt off. PTO time is great!! People complain because you have to use time for holidays but if someone is giving you 35-45 days you are way over what most employers give from day 1....deduct the holidays and you still have a generous amount of time.
Pros
Money, Pto
Cons
Training, high caseloads, no support, no structure
very stressful work place supervisor were never msc's they dont know what their doing.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2019
Sups were never MSCs they dont know opwdd policies or how to do the job to teach care managers, so stressful look at another company. ..................
Pros
money
Cons
stressful environment
avoid at all costs- they make you pay for everything to be able to do your job
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
Unless if you are working for one of their WeWork sites in Manhattan, be prepared to shed out half your salary as you will be paying for parking, printing, scanning and buy lunch every day because there is no fridge or microwave. They do not provide you with benefits to cover parking expenses. The people who were in charge of choosing workspaces should be fired because they made it very uneven. Either you have a great workspace like WeWork that has everything you need and beyond or you have space with no printer, scanner and the only option to park is in a garage that you have to pay for.
They hire seasoned case managers to be supervisors who have no training in management. They are not aware of any workers rights and when someone brings them up, they laugh at you and tell you that you are asking for too much. Completely unprofessional work environment. There are ongoing conflicts of interests with the people who are transitioning from other agencies. Unless if you are transitioning from another agencies, be ready to know everything you need to do for this job because nobody is going to train you properly. Concerns were reported several times to HR.
They are only going to take action when there is a lawsuit.
Unless if you are that desperate to find work, do your mental health a favor and do not accept any offers.
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
poor working conditions
Unorganized and unreasonable expectations
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 1, 2019
For a startup CCO, ACA has made great strides, but this comes at a cost to its employees being unable to provide quality work and create a healthy work-life balance. Luckily for me, I was able to receive some one-on-one training at my location, but other employees did not have this advantage. There is a serious lack of training and management for new Care Managers. Supervisors are not as accessible as you need them to be because they have so much to do already, and everyone is usually left troubleshooting on their own. Many times you have to work through your lunch break because you have so many cases that require your attention. Many times we are running around trying to get face-to-face meetings done, submit assessments on time, or get documents signed. They put a huge emphasis on billing, which I understand because if our work is not in on time, the company cannot get paid and everyone suffers; however, with a caseload of 35-40 people how can I deliver quality service to my individuals, produce quality work for the company, and still have quality of life. Cases are not evenly distributed, and the company has unrealistic expectations. Some Care Managers have a simple caseload with stable individuals who only need to be monitored, while other Care Managers are juggling very hectic cases with unstable individuals who need to be seen frequently. You feel guilty using your PTO because these individuals need so much help and you try your best to do whatever you can but many of them are constantly placed on the back burner. I initially started making wonderfully detailed case notes,  more... but now I am lucky to get a few lines in before it needs to be submitted and I need to attend to something else. I receive numerous complaints from parents and individuals who do not think I care about them because they are not receiving services as quickly as they would like and with each new Care Manager their trust diminishes. The company would be great to work for because we love what we do and I see the passion in my co-workers, but ACA cannot expect us to deliver high standards of care while so many employees are left burnt-out everyday.  less
Pros
Pto, benefits, and families we service
Cons
Caseloads, time management, training
A great place to work at
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Working here at Advance Care Alliance is a pleasure. The level of support that they give is amazing. They truly support their staff to the fullest. the workers here help each other out with any issues and its truly an enjoyable environment to be here. It doesn't feel as though you are alone here, working here makes you feel people are willing to go above and beyond to ensure that everyone succeeds. Love it here.
Pros
the support received, the field work, the benefits, and the events we can take part in at wework
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you feel supported in your role as a Care Manager. Building a collaborative, compassionate and enjoyable work environment is very important to us. We appreciate your part in building that company culture and we are grateful for all your hard work. We love having YOU here!

Meh
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 28, 2019
It certainly isn't the worst job I've ever had but it also is far from the best. There is a clear lack of direction and it seems to be like they make things up as they go along. The work /caseload is very demanding and they only care about case managers getting in face to face visits and billing every month. I was lucky enough to have a good supervisor but it wasn't enough to keep me in this stressful position for the low pay. It also bothered me that you have to use time from your PTO bank for holiday pay.
Pros
Flexible schedule, affordable health insurance
Cons
Everything else
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear about your difficulties during your time here. All regular employees are eligible for paid PTO benefits which can be used for vacation, personal, holiday, sick or general time off. Having PTO in “one pot” gives employees the flexibility to work and accrue PTO on holidays they do not personally observe. For example, if you do not observe Christmas, you can arrange to work on Christmas and save your PTO for another day even though the company’s administrative offices are closed on that day. Because of this flexibility, employees are required to request PTO for all holidays they choose to observe.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please reach out to us at hrdepartment@myacany.org. We are always open to your suggestions!

Good company to work for. They actually care about their employee
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2019
ACA care about its employees. They ensure that you are doing your job while you take the time to take care of yourself. That's why they have a nice vacation package and offer a lot of days off. I have been recommending to friends.
February 19, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits here as a Care Manager. Ensuring the well-being of our employees is a huge priority for us at ACA. Thank you for all you do and for doing the important work of coordinating person-centered services for individuals with I/DD and their families!

Do not work here
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
Although they make it seem that it is a good atmosphere in the beginning, they then bombard you with a huge caseload and no overtime to be able to manage it. No scanner and printer- you have to go to the corporate office to use it. You have to fight for desk space because they took on hundreds of people but did not allocate enough resources needed to get the job done. Management has no sense of reality when it comes to expectations. They do not know how to manage effectively. They encourage feedback but underneath the surface, they dont do anything about the negative feedback. Caseloads are uneven across the board. Only half compensation for metro card.
They leadership staff from affiliate agencies that are transitoning and mix in direct hires. Too much favoritism to affiliate agencies which makes it a conflict of interest. Nobody cares to train you if you are new- you are pretty much on your own.
Pros
Vecation rime
Cons
Working conditions, salary
February 18, 2019

Thank you for the honest review. Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Your feedback is most certainly appreciated and heard, and we are integrating it into our practice as an organization.

As a new Care Coordination Organization, are working hard to overcome a variety of challenges and streamline our processes. We are expanding into over 40 new offices to accommodate our growing staff, as well as expanding our staff development team to provide guidance and resources for our employees. Our growth has translated into internal promotions and career growth for many of our staff.

Again, thank you for putting in the time to register your concerns and provide insight into how we can be better. If you are interested, we are implementing a new exit survey for all former and outgoing employees to register feedback and recommendations. Please feel free to email us for the survey link and continue the conversation at hrdepartment@myacany.org.