Advance Financial Employee Reviews

Face Paced and Fast Growing
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2018
Looking to work for a company that is moving at the speed of light and heading up to bigger and better things? This is a wonderful place to work and grow with great management and team environment.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 10, 2018
I absolutely love working for Advance Financial.

I have been employed with Advance Financial for a little over 9 months as a Customer Service Representative (Teller). I have worked as a daytime CSR and as an overnight CSR. I'm more of a night person so I enjoy the overnight shift best. This is a great company that pays VERY well! Especially in the rural area where my store is located. 100% of your individual health insurance is paid for by the company. They offer paid sick time and paid time off of around 2 weeks per year starting out.. The store managers, district/ops managers and regional managers really do care about the people that are working in their stores. They care about the community and they show that by encouraging EVERY employee to volunteer. They are even willing to pay you 40 hours a year to volunteer at your hourly rate. I have worked for many companies but none that have ever offered and encouraged 40 hours of Volunteerism and 100% fully paid health insurance.

If you are looking for a company that cares about its employees, then Advance Financial is the place to be. I, in no way were asked to leave this review. This review is based on my own experiences and is being left on my own volition.
Pros
Paid Healthcare, Paid Volunteer Hours, great workplace culture
Not a job I would recommend to a friend
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 9, 2018
This job is cutthroat and if you don't perform to their standards in writing loans or putting cash out on the streets you can pretty much expect to be fired. There is no job security they dont like you or you don't write enough loans you won't be there long.
Pros
Yeah you make money
Cons
You won't have a family life at all it will end up about the job.
Constant Change
Customer Care Agent (Certified Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2018
Part-Time is not a thing here but it pays off when you get your check....Management doesn't really allow for advancement. A lot of favoritism from one of the managers.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Its okay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 6, 2018
The hours are flexible meaning you either work 7 to 4 or 2 to 11 or 330 to 12am. In any given week or time period. Schedule is made in advance but has been to known to be wrong, or changed last minute. Work at other stores is nice change of pace, but also stressful and not paid for drive time or mileage. Benefits and pay are good. Always a numbers game, so be competitive!
Slightly stressful work with fun coworkers
Customer Service Representative/ teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2018
Fairly standard teller job as Customer Service Rep. Helping customers with money orders, Western Union, loans, etc. Gets extremely busy and stressful at the beginning of the month. Sometimes understaffed. Angry customers. Regular customers are friendly and understanding. Can get boring when slow but fun when multiple people are working. Pay is based on "experience" so there are people who are paid more for doing the same job even if they're not as qualified or don't work as hard or do as good of a job. New people that are getting hired now are being paid more without raising the pay of older employees. Overall enjoy working here, but can be frustrating at times, much like any other job.
Pros
employer paid health care, employer paid store outings, performance based bonus
Cons
understaffed, salary inconsistencies
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2018
It is a good place to work. It is very fast paced, at times it can be a little stressful, but the employees are great people to work with altogether..
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative - Teller (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 31, 2018
The best part about this company is the culture. Everyone works together to achieve the customer service goals set in place. When it comes to the loan business, advance financial is the most efficient in services and the best in customer service.
Working for a GREAT Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2018
Advance Financial is a great place to work! The job itself isn't very stressful after training. Their training program is great and very thorough. I have been here for quite some time and find my work to be rewarding with a supportive management team and great customers. I started as a Customer Service Representative and progressed very quickly into management. There's tremendous opportunity to grow with this company, great benefits, bonus potential, and I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a part time or full time position.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, pay rate, advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2018
I have been working for Advance Financial for about 7 months. My overall experience has been a pretty positive one. This company cares just as much for their employees, as they do for their customers! They really believe in making sure their employees are happy at work. In turn, the employees ensure the customers are happy! The store location will determine how busy you are while working. I work at one of the most fast paced stores, and I can honestly say that I really enjoy the challenges. We are offered great pay and awesome benefits!! We do have monthly goals to attain, but if you always performing at your best, you will have no issues making your goals! We do have a quarterly and monthly bonus structure, which just adds more icing to the cake.

I will be honest and say it does get taxing at times, but the good most definitely outweighs any bad!

We are a family at AF!! :)
Pros
Awesome pay, great benefits, corporate and store events
Cons
short staffed at times, unpleasant customers
Great company with a great culture
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 30, 2018
Fantastic company that pays you what you are worth. They pay you to do volunteer work and have several events to participate like sports leagues, 5k, and such.
Pros
Bonus every quarter
Cons
Short staffed sometimes
Great place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 30, 2018
I previously worked 16+ years in retail before making the career change to Advance Financial. Best decision I've ever made. My experience with Advance Financial has been exceptional. A typical day allows for a steady pace interacting with customers. Management is top-notch and is there for you whenever you need them. The team I work with works as one to achieve our goals and it's the best work family I have ever been a part of. If you looking to advance and put the work and time in to do so there is opportunity there because the company is always growing. You receive extensive training, company paid benefits, and paid time off. Looking for a career? Advance Financial is the place!
great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2018
Advance Financial is a great company to work for , everyone is extremely nice . With good pay and also great benefits . When working for this company you truly learn how to work together as a team . Such a productive work place , the management is also great .
Caring Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 30, 2018
Management is caring of employees and really takes the time to help you with whatever you need. My operations manager always listened to me and gave me guidance to make my career successful with this company. He goes above and beyond in making sure our store has everything we need in order to operate efficiently. He speaks positive things about all individuals and encourages development.
Happy to Help
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2018
This company is ever evolving and trying to stay ahead of our competitors. The benefits are great and most years a "new" benefit is added. Management is always on call 24/7 and available for help and training at any time. There are high standards and metric expectations set for every area of the company and everyone works together as a team to ensure that we meets those goals. The culture of Advance Financial is truly "Friends Helping Friends"-each employee receives 40 hours of volunteer PTO each year to encourage us to get out and make a difference in our communities. After 5 years I can say that I love this company and the people I have had the pleasure of working with and for.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, continued training, opportunity for advancement
Working at Advance Financial
CSR (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 30, 2018
Easy job, pays well, and flexible hours. They do work with school schedules. Great benefits and friendly co-workers. Management in stores are good. Would recommend this job to friends .
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Night shifts, communication, micro-management.
Good place to work but no work life balance.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNMay 30, 2018
Overall, Advance Financial is a great place to work for but there is no work-life balance. You do deal with a lot of cash handling and connecting with the clients. The pay is even better now! I would highly recommend if you can deal with an inconsistent schedule.
Pros
Better Pay
Cons
No Work-Life Balance
Working at Advance Financial
Customer Service Representative (current employer) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2018
It's a great place to work and it's an easy job if you love customer service this is the place for you. It pays well and it is not a stressful place to work. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. I have learned so much here at Advance Financial. The training is excellent, and it's an amazing opportunity.
Pros
Pay and picking up more hours
Cons
Shift times
Quick paced atmosphere that offers plenty of services to select from.
Plenty of opportunities to progress and move forward in the company.

You'll become knowledgeable with Western Union, Money Orders, Check cashing, Netspend prepaid sales and reloads, etc.

Management communicates effectively between employees and one another addressing any concerns or questions that may come up.

Workplace is team oriented and extremely involved with the local community functions.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with change. With times progressing as quickly as they are, new changes are routine occurrences.

Most enjoyable aspect of the job is having a tight knit work family that you can get along with and confide in in and out of work.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement and flexible scheduling
Great starting place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 21, 2018
The CEO of the company is very understanding and caring. She will teach you everything you have to know and give a clear description of what needs to be done each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight