Advance Financial Employee Reviews

Company has competitive benefits and advancement opps!
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
One thing you'll notice when walking into the corporate office, is all the employees are smiling, and it's GENUINE. You can feel the good energy AF produces and it's because they value their workers. One reason I was drawn to this company was the starting pay, and amazing benefits (free health insurance... 5% 401k match...and more). They also ask what you want to do later in your career and explore advancement opportunities with you!!! Training is several weeks but you feel so prepared by the time you've completed it. This is a great company to work for!
Pros
competitive starting pay, advancement oppurtunities, free health insurance, 410k match
Cons
retail hours, working holidays, not guaranteed weekends off
GReat Work Enviroment
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2018
Information is different when you talk to each employee. Some will say you need to enter this info and someone else will so no you don"t need to enter that info. So no standard policy on notes and certain job functions. Would be helpful to be consistent, so everyone is trained the same.

Alot to learn, but the coaching is very helpful.

Great workplace atmosphere and employees feel respected.

Management is helpful and very approachable.

Hardest part of job is low skills when sent to call center. Would be excellent if we could have training on phone and 700 & 400 in the classroom before hitting the call center. Walk thru all functions of calls, finext and scenarios before going and plugging in.
Pros
Benefits and Growth potential
Cons
short lunch and rotating schedules
Good culture, some info lacking
Online Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2018
After a month of employment, it's easy to say I love the culture. Everyone is friendly and you're greeted daily with a smile by your associates. The company's commitment to the community is inspiring, and their willingness to try to work with your schedule is great. The only downside coming in new, is that there is limited access to some training materials that would really help, but don't exist. I spend a lot of time having to ask questions about standard operating procedures.
Pros
Great culture Great Benefits Fair Pay Goo Work life Balance
Cons
Swing Shifts Lack of access to information No onsite drinks or snacks
Excellent family owned company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
I left a a stressful, under appreciated job at a big bank and moved from Atlanta to Nashville to work for Advance Financial. This company is the best company I have worked for in my professional life.

Our CEO and Chairman both own the company but you would never know by the way they talk to us and interact with us. You learn to see them as a peer and friend, not just a boss. This company is truly invested in it's employees and customers.

The pay is above the median range for the role I do, the company has great benefits (including them paying for health insurance for each employee), paid time off.

It is really a great place to work and achieve your career goals.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Management, Learning and Development
Cons
Cant think of any honestly.
Cool workplace but keep this in mind
Online Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2018
I really enjoy the job and its not hard but please be aware that you won't work 40 hours a week. Also, your schedule is constantly changing. You could be on the morning shift at one time and night shift the next. You do NOT have a set schedule. AT ALL. Keep that in mind because if you are looking for some type of work/life balance, you won't have much. Also, just like the name 24/7, 365. We are open weekends so you may or may not work on holidays. These are things that I wish I knew before coming on board.
Pros
Good pay, fun work environment, benefits
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule, work/life balance does not exist
Advance Financial is a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Working for advance financial you know that you are important. This company makes sure to make each and every employee feel apart of the team no matter where you are located. They give great benefits. Offer you up to 40 hours of volunteer time. Working in the store they provide you with store outings for you and your co workers. The schedule for day shift is not a set schedule and that is the biggest downfall and also they are open for EVERY HOLIDAY, but you usually know your schedule at least 2 weeks in advance. The bond you will build with your coworkers is amazing. I never once felt uncomfortable and also the training you go through definitely prepares you for your job. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. Its great pay and opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Store Outings, Raises, Volunteer time, Opportunity to move up
Cons
Not a set schedule, No holidays off
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 28, 2018
The most unethical job ive ever had. Getting rich off poor people, more than that a scheme to keep poor people poor. 259 % interest! Sad actually. And these people want to get on here and say how great it is that's a joke because in there little training thing they do you have to get on and write review. Turn over is unreal, cant get anyone to work in certain districts. Management is a joke, glorified teller actually. Upper management is a joke. Have no clue what goes on in stores bc they are never in the ones that actually need help.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
friends helping friends
Overnight Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 3, 2019
Advance Financial is truly a "Friends Helping Friends" atmosphere. I work as an overnight customer service representative and am very happy with the work/life balance. The management listens to you if you have any issues, and everyone is willing to help. The coworkers are friendly and welcoming when you first start, and the work atmosphere is energetic and fun.
Pros
compensation, healthcare, 401K, benefits, shift differential
Rewarding place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Working at Advance Financial has been about the most beneficial place I've worked in the past couple of years. I felt so welcome from Day 1, and now my co-workers feel like family. We all look out for each other, whether your day has been stressful or you have something going on in your life. They truly stand by their mission of Friends Helping Friends. I've learned so much with Advance Financial and can see my potential to grow within the company.
Pros
Compensation, healthcare, Job Security/Advancement, Job work/Life balance
Cons
n/a
Great company to work and grow with. Endless opportunities.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 24, 2018
I came to advanced financial to seek out a place that actually cared about their employees. Because my previous job had NO work life balance whatsoever. And UPPER management treated their team badly. All of my wishes have been met working with the company and I intend to stay with the company and grow. Furthering my career. The director of OPS truly cares about her associates as well as her management team.
Pros
Pay, benefits, management, cleanliness, good training
Cons
Very short breaks, too many 330:12 am shifts in one work week
Great place to work...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2018
Advance Financial provides a culture unlike any I've experienced in other organizations. The investment in every employee is extensive and one that sets you up for success. This is through training, engagement, interaction, and encouragement. I would absolutely recommend Advance Financial to anyone who was looking to start or advance their career.
Pros
Great culture, family environment, pay and benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
N/a
Great place to work with a calm environment and very encouraging management!
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 17, 2018
This is a wonderful environment to be in if you like Customer Service. The job can be stressful at times but most of the time it's a decently easy job. I love that I always have a goal to meet. Some of the customers do not like our customer service, they think its too over the top, but most people will say we are the nicest company they go to. I personally feel like the hardest part of the job is some of the shifts that are considered day shift, end at midnight so its not really day time. If you have kids, its hard to find someone to keep children that late. They do offer great benefits and paid volunteer time which is great. I do love where i'm at and I plan on being here long term.
Pleasant place to Work!
Online Lending Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2018
I just recently got hired and really enjoy the culture of the call center. Everyone seems to be polite and helpful. Because of high call volume, I have not really had a chance to meet one on one with my supervisor but I think I will learn a lot of useful skills from them the longer that I stay with the company. The company does offer room for advancement and and growth. AWESOME benefits!!!Would recommend to a friend.
Exciting place to work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
Advance Financial is a company on a mission with a great story, strong culture, and a growing presence in the industry. People are proud to work here, and everyone has a "can do" attitude mixed with pragmatic decision-making. This is a low drama environment. I really enjoy the people I work with at all levels on all teams. The most surprising thing about Advance Financial is how data-driven it is. It takes some time to get used to all the metrics, but they are helpful.
Pros
Strong culture, great leaders, good benefits
Cons
Growth leads to frequent changes
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNOctober 18, 2018
In my store there is a great working team. Everyone is always friendly and happy to help one another. The manager is very friendly and always happy to answer any questions I might have. The reason I give 4 Stars and not 5 is because when I was interviewed and offered the job I was lead to believe i would have a 40 hour week / 80 hour pay period and that is NOT the case. As an overnight worker I get between 32 and 38 hours per week. Aside from that all is great and I would recommend that everyone who likes the retail industry to apply!
Pros
Great pay and benifits. Very work family oriented.
Cons
Mislead about hours
favoritism @ cleveland store. stay away
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 9, 2018
The manager needs more classes. Inconsistent schedules, plays favorites, always behind in manager duties. And I mean ALWAYS! Its ridiculous! rules are broken when it's his favorites.

There is NO work life balance. You may work until midnight then turn around next morning and you've got to be back at 7am. How can you concentrate on your money when you've had little sleep. And they dont care. If your drawer is short it comes out of your pay.

Your raise is based off having customers take out more $ than needed. PUSH PUSH PUSH loans. Sign everyone up!!!!

Scheduling is a joke. Can't leave until your replacement comes in. Sometimes early mostly late. Since the company is 24/7 your expected to be ON CALL 24/7.
Pros
Real good pay
Cons
To many to list
A growing company where you can grow your skills too!
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Advance Financial has been a rewarding place to take my career to the next level. The company is growing quickly but working hard to keep its culture of prioritizing employee and customer satisfaction. You will have opportunities to grow and develop your skills and you will never be bored! Advance Financial has a lot of the fun and energy of a "start up" with the benefits and stability of a well-established, successful financial services business.
Greatest job I have ever had!!!!!!!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2018
This company is absolutely amazing with great benefits, friendly people, great pay, great enviroment...I could go on and on about all of the advantages of working with this company!!! Management really listens, motivates, and respects their associates. Everyone is so friendly, and I've never before been so excited to wake up and go to work!!!
Pros
positive enviroment, competative pay, insurance, great enviroment
Cons
Nothing so far!
Fast Paced
Retail Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  White House, TNNovember 20, 2018
Advance Financial offers good benefits. The atmosphere is relaxed and management is very open to feedback and will answer questions in a timely manner. The changing shift hours can be a complication to work/life balance so if you have small children, it may not be the best place for employment.
Benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts and overnight hours.
Good company to work for
Online Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Since the company is 24/7, the hours aren't always great and compatible. Shift swaps, sick days, PTO, holidays, and birthdays are offered though to compensate.

I don't have any issue with compensation or benefits. There does seem to be a lot of opportunities.

I would like to see improved training and providing support for those who wish to attend school or learn an additional skill that would benefit the company and career advancement.

I would also like to see better collaboration between departments and the call center is new so there is room for improvement in the call center operations.

Parking needs drastic improvement
Pros
Benefits, opportunities, competitive pay
Cons
Parking, Poor Training, Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight