Advance Financial Employee Reviews

Advance financial
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 9, 2019
I learned many things like beeing polite,repecful and always having a smile when caring for the customer. Making sure the customer always leaves the store happy.
November 14, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback! We are so glad you took these lessons away from working with us. Providing a world-class customer experience is how you separate the ordinary from the extraordinary. Best of luck in your new endeavors!

Unprofessional atmosphere
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2019
Working there is the definition of Micromanaging. You are not allowed to think for yourself. There is no work life balance. If you tap dance for the master you then things will work in your favor.
A great place to work!
Sr. Manager of Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2019
Great people! Great company! Great benefits!
Advance Financial offers an awesome culture that revolves around caring for their employees and customers.
November 14, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. All of what you mentioned are just some of our favorite reasons to work here - but the people might be our favorite. Finding the best people is how we can provide the best service to our communities!

Great Company - Highly Recommend
Employee (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 31, 2019
I have been with AF less than a year and it has already been awesome. They truly care about employees and push you to be your best while also supporting you. They have paid insurance, great pay, an amazing team and so much more. Run don't walk to work here.
November 14, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! It's so important to us for our employees to feel valued and cared for while pushing the needle forward. We are happy to hear that this has been your experience!

Productive and fun place to work
ONLINE SUPERVISOR IN TRAINING/ONLINE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2019
Advance Financial is a great place to work. A typical day at work is usually fast paced and busy. The most enjoyable part of the work is volunteering, you get to to participate in volunteer services and get paid for it.
November 14, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Our volunteer benefit is something we are incredibly proud of. Having paid time off for you all to give back to the communities we are in is just one more way we continue our service vision!

Friends Helping Friends
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 25, 2019
This company above and beyond eats, sleeps and breathes it's Service Vision of Friends Helping Friends. We are a family at 108 locations across TN. I am proud to say I am apart and of and growing up and with this growing and successful company, they invest in me and bettering me for my now career home. The areas of opportunities with this company are endless, open minded and so upbeat and positive environment to work. They compansate tremendously for your growth with the company, they constantly raise the bar for excellence, and motivate us all to help reach up and above that bar each time. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, have a fun/competitive/driven mentally, I promise you'll never want to leave.
November 13, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your awesome feedback! We want everyone we hire to retire with us. We couldn't keep growing as quickly as we are without our incredible employees. Thank you again for all that you do for our company and for the customers you serve!

I loved this job.
Customer Service Representative I Retail (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 14, 2019
I wish I could have the opportunity to be hired again. I had to relocate at the last minute. I was able to give them two weeks notice but still wish I was there. My coworkers were amazing in training and so was my manager and supervisor.
October 17, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are sad to see you go, but love that your time with us was nothing short of amazing. Stay in touch and let us know how things go and best of luck in your new adventure!

A day at af247
Inbound Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2019
A typically day a works starts as soon as you get clocked in and are able to answer calls the better. You are scored on greeting, attitude, and how you willing to help others. Our motivation is friends helping friends. I would say that is it the best that you could ask for in a corporate world but the management could use a bit of balancing. It's seems no one is ever on the same page whether it's with dress code, or policy changes with protocol. It's always something different and even though we are the customer representatives we are the last to know things.
Pros
Team Building Activites
Cons
Being counted off when sick, late or personal emergency
October 17, 2019

Thank you so much for the feedback. Friends helping friends is 100% our motivation, so it's wonderful to hear that it's true for you too! We would love to have you share this feedback with HR@af247.com. We do offer sick time off to help with those sick or personal emergency days, but we are always looking to make things better. You all are so critical to our success, so thank you for sharing your insights!

Not what you think it will be
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 24, 2019
The hours are absolutely horrible. The turnover rate is way above 80-90% in the first year. They will lie to you about the schedule to get you into the door. The pay is decent but you won’t be able to have a work life balance they are always short staffed. It would be a good job for someone who doesn’t want a career opportunity and you like seeing maybe 10 customers a day. You will be a robot and extremely micromanaged. For things you can not control. I would look elsewhere.
Pros
Little to none.
Cons
Schedule, Work Life Balance, Management, Micromanaging, Company Culture.
October 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed that your experience was not in line with what we aim for - amazing. We would love to have you share how we could do better with hr@af247.com.

Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2019
It's a really good place to work. They balance your work to family time really well. They really promote volunteering in the community highly. They offer tuition reimbursement to all employees.
October 18, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share what you like about working at Advance Financial! We are so happy to have you here and helping to continue making this an awesome place to work!

Horrible place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 13, 2019
If you like working EVERY weekend and only 3 days off per month this is the place for you. Manager made you come in to work sick/vomiting. Told me, "there's a bathroom around the corner." When I was in the hospital he made me call every day with an update and made comments like, "we need you back to work." Lunch break? What lunch break? We were always so short staffed that there was no break. Also, you are NOT allowed to sit AT ALL!!! Now, imagine standing in place for 9 straight hours with chronic low back pain. No thank you!
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No lunch breaks, no days off, lots of overtime
September 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time with Advance Financial. We are upset to hear that this was your experience, as we strive to provide world-class service not only to our customers but to our employees as well. We would love to have you email hr@af247.com to discuss further.

Upper management very unstable thus creating problematic situations for store level employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 6, 2019
It is most certainly a frat house atmosphere. The company compensates for ripping off their customers by putting a faux charitable foot forward as to maintain some sort air of dignity but it is most mendacious.
October 2, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was one that didn't align with the work that we do. We genuinely care about every single customer and employee. It is so important to us that this comes across in everyone's experience, so we would love to have you share how we can do that better!

please email: hr@af247.com

Great easy going job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37042August 29, 2019
Great environment! I enjoyed my time there. I moved to Clarksville from Springfield. I worked in Nashville the drive was over an hour for me. I would still be at advanced financial I just wanted something closer to home.
October 18, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your time with us and wish you nothing but the best on your new adventures in Clarksville!!!

Don’t bother.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 27, 2019
Management does not follow through with what they say and does not conduct themselves in a professional manner when speaking with you. Employees should be able to trust their management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
October 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to truly embody friends helping friends between all employees. We are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't aligned with this. If you'd like to continue the conversation, please share your experience with hr@af247.com.

productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 27, 2019
I would say this job has no typical day at work could vary, it is a 24/7 365 company schedules are very scattered out between 7am to 4pm, 12pm to 8pm 3:30pm to 12am and overnight shifts from 9:30pm to 8am busy shifts standing all day.
I learned that there are other people to know, and do what I refer to as helping a friend, an emergency fund is always good to have and helping educating young man and woman down a financial path, I learned about the different diversities of the countries high, mid, and low income classes, helped me see with a wide open mind.
hardest part of the job was workplace and lifestyle balance.
the ability to work together and exceed goals and expectations with my team was the most enjoyable part of my job.
October 18, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! You are 100% correct that every day is different, which we love. The Clarksville team is fabulous so we are glad to hear that you liked working with them so much. We hear you and will share your feedback!

No One Cares
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 19, 2019
Extreme Micro management which makes the sexual discrimination I observed even harder to believe.

The District Manager responsible for the SH was eventually terminated, but the people who had prior knowledge and never reported it, amazing were promoted.

The only time anyone seemed to care is if it effected the bottom line. Got to make sure that 279% interest rate stays in tact.

If you're thinking of applying, run don't walk.
Pros
A Job
Cons
Very "click-ish" management
October 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. Advance Financial prides itself on providing a great customer and employee experience. We are sorry that your experience at Advance Financial did not live up to your expectations.

Great place to work !!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 2, 2019
People are friendly helpful . Love my job love meeting the customers. Not a lot of stress we have outings. To build friendship. This is the place I want to retire at
October 18, 2019

We are so thrilled to hear your experience is going great! The team outings are a favorite of ours too. We might be partial but we think this would be a great place to retire from. Thank you for all that you do!

Very poor working environment lacking structure & sensibility
Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 29, 2019
A huge, costly mistake! Anyone considering this position should think very long & hard and listen carefully to advise given from previous employees both good and bad then weigh out your long & short term desires and expectations.
Pros
Na
Cons
Working past your promised time off regularly due to circumstances out of your control
I actually love the climate of the business but I am not passionate concerning the department/work that I do.
Online Loan Lender (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2019
Not complicated work at all but the training for the call center is weak. You learn through experience. The work cultus awesome and employees are respected and listened to. The scheduling could be more accommodating especially to families. The pay is nice, it’s just Nashville is getting way too expensive! The work is not cumbersome but the customer population requires a ton of patience especially for the online department because many of the prospective customers are not tech-savvy.
Pros
Catered lunches during training and free lunches for outstanding performances
Cons
Short lunches, scheduling, customers not listening, work is repetitive
Loved working for them
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 13, 2019
I loved working for Advance Financial! My manager was great, party was good, benefits were great and the owners are kind! You know about the hours before you start but we had a change in our family for the reason on needing different hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight