Advance Health Employee Reviews

Well-balanced and nice place to work, with plenty of benefits and room to grow.
Outreach and Communication Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 16, 2018
Advance Health was a place of work where I was given the opportunity to learn more about the challenges and rewards typical to a startup. Adapt and learn as you go were a must.
Set your own hours as a PRN NP, lots of driving
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 28, 2018
I love the fact i can pick the days I want to work. I enjoy meeting new people and educating them about their health. However, the drive time between members cuts down on productivity and my salary. Traffic is brutal in Atlanta. Many times the Advance Health, program that the schedulers use to plan our day, would say it is 38 minutes to my next stop but it actually takes 52 minutes due to traffic. I wish they would group visits together, ie not as far a part as they allow or shorter drive times. Management an the support staff have been very helpful and responsive.
Pros
responsive support staff
Cons
long drive times between visits
Do not waste your time.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 28, 2018
Hands down the worse company I have ever worked for. Management was awful. The turnover was absurd and it was similar to being in high school. Management was having relations with reps and every knew. Never again.
Pros
You get a desk
Cons
The entire workplace culture
Not a good place to work
Recruitment/ On-Boarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2018
At AH I experienced bad culture, work-life balance and management was a pain. Management needs training on how to interact with employees. Rarely any promotion opportunities available.
Sad to be leaving
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 9, 2018
Sad to be leaving this job. Company was bought and they're closing our location. They're moving operations to South Dakota and Texas. I'm going to miss it
Wonderful Company
Senior Credentialing Specialist/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Have a very good teamwork environment. Alot of opportunity to grow prior to the merger. If this company was still around I would still be working there for the long haul.
Fun work place.
Communications, Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 15, 2018
I work with very nice people. We are like family. The management is very professional and understandable and flexible. The company really care about the employees.
Pros
Nice environment.
Cons
No cons.
A waste of talent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 11, 2018
Patient are literally harassed to set up health risk assessments. Patients are upset with providers or clueless why assessment is important. Company does not follow up on concerns noted in health risk assessment. This company recently merge with another company. Management is so cut throat.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
working remote without restroom access
Accepts new graduates
APRN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 25, 2018
Advance Health welcomes new graduates. The management is available at any time we need, they are very knowledgeable. The company encourage and promotes learning opportunities.
Working independently, experiencing all walks of life
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Clark County, INJune 13, 2018
Advance Health is a company that hires NPs to visit member's of different insurance companies to do annual wellness exams while assessing any specific needs the member may have whether it is financial or educational. I am currently employed with Advance Health part-time and thoroughly enjoy my position, however there is no secure income due to the fluctuation of visits there may be from week to week. I am paid if I complete a visit, my visits are not scheduled by myself personally, and if a member decides to cancel, I am not compensated. Hence looking for something with a more secure income.
5 stars overall
APRN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2018
This job required traveling around part's of the state to do Health Assessments. I really enjoyed meeting people in various communities. The hardest part of the job were the pt's that had dogs. The company would call the pt prior to our arrival and ask the pt to lock the dogs up while we were there.
The most enjoyable was meeting new people and seeing how they coped with various obstacles with their health.
Some of the pt's have not seen a Provider in 20 years or more.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Dogs
Advance Health is a great organization to work with.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Noth CarolinaMay 28, 2018
I enjoy working for Advance Health. They show care and compassion towards employees and make them feel valued. The organization is very professional and allows for great work life balance.
Able to set your own schedule
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 27, 2018
Lots of driving.
Poor directions several times from staff-that was taken off GPS-would miss roads/streets to turn on. Wrong house numbers, wrong phone numbers.
Order of visits many times had you criss crossing yourself. thus creating extra miles and driving time. Not enough driving time allowed between visits.
Not real responsive when in the field and need help with issues.
Pros
Ability to "control" your schedule to a degree
Cons
Difficulty getting responses from main office when in the field
Great company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 21, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Advance Health. I enjoy going to the patients home and performing assessments on the patients.Credentialing process was pretty quick.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
visits schedule close together
great place to work
LPN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 15, 2018
I have been very impressed with this job so far and hope to continue to be impressed, most management seems very knowledgable and are willing to help or answer questions if at all needed
Not a good deal!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 20, 2018
Flat rate for home visits in a highly populated area. It could take 1 hour or 4 hours for the same pay. Not enough time between visits scheduled. Never spoke with my supervisor prior to starting the job, which made me feel like I was of zero importance to them. No solutions to issues that I raised. Hated doing physical exams and asking stupid questions to assess risk. Will never do a job like that again.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
telephonic nursing
Censo Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2018
I do not wish to write a review at this time. I enjoy working from home and doing periodic home visits.My co-workers work very hard. Training was too short.
Literally a revolving door. More like a TEMP agency.
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 29, 2018
Within the first 5 months of working with the company I have seen countless SUPERVISORS fired and quit. Their policy will change at the drop of a dime. If you work your tail off and bonus one month, they will change their requirements to make sure you don't the next month. Not worth it, don't be fooled by the $15/hr and weekends off. It sucks.
No Advancement from within
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2018
No opportunity for advancement. Only recognized by appointments per day scheduled. Tied to phone all day, Minimal training to assure that you exceed your goals.
Pros
20 days PTO, Benefits, 401K
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
No work for months at a time
Per Diem NP (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 15, 2018
You will be really busy for a month or two and then suddenly there are no assessments and you might not get work for months. Can't count on this job for steady income.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
No work for months at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9