Advance Health Employee Reviews

Set your own hours as a PRN NP, lots of driving
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 28, 2018
I love the fact i can pick the days I want to work. I enjoy meeting new people and educating them about their health. However, the drive time between members cuts down on productivity and my salary. Traffic is brutal in Atlanta. Many times the Advance Health, program that the schedulers use to plan our day, would say it is 38 minutes to my next stop but it actually takes 52 minutes due to traffic. I wish they would group visits together, ie not as far a part as they allow or shorter drive times. Management an the support staff have been very helpful and responsive.
Pros
responsive support staff
Cons
long drive times between visits
Not a good deal!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 20, 2018
Flat rate for home visits in a highly populated area. It could take 1 hour or 4 hours for the same pay. Not enough time between visits scheduled. Never spoke with my supervisor prior to starting the job, which made me feel like I was of zero importance to them. No solutions to issues that I raised. Hated doing physical exams and asking stupid questions to assess risk. Will never do a job like that again.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Not a good place to work
Recruitment/ On-Boarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2018
At AH I experienced bad culture, work-life balance and management was a pain. Management needs training on how to interact with employees. Rarely any promotion opportunities available.
Busy and stressful but learning experience
Provider Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 17, 2019
They are primarily a call center, I did not work in that department but supported nurse practitioners. Had to communicate with the NP's out in the field, assist if lost, or reporting canceled appointments, taking their schedules and posting them in the scheduling system. Most difficult part of job for me was trying to manage the NP's, seemed they were either misinformed or misunderstood some of their responsibilities. Many issues with scheduling of appointments and the software being used they didn't have enough time to get to appointments and we would hear the brunt of those complaints, having to get them to cover areas they had already agreed to but trying to back out of certain zip codes. It could be seasonal busy, helped the day go by very quickly. Also were required to take turns working on the weekend, but at least allowed a company laptop and could work from home and at least there was some overtime for that.
Productive work place
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 23, 2018
When you came to work it was a relaxed environment. People always got along, management was great. Everybody always tried to help one another out with appointments or anything that they needed. Sometimes towards the end of the year it would get a tense because everybody had to make production. If production wasn't made then sometimes we wouldn't get our bonuses.
Pros
bonus and holiday party
Cons
bonus structure changed
No Advancement from within
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2018
No opportunity for advancement. Only recognized by appointments per day scheduled. Tied to phone all day, Minimal training to assure that you exceed your goals.
Pros
20 days PTO, Benefits, 401K
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Productive growing company
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ChantilyyJanuary 22, 2018
Productive growing company, with great people and technology advancement. Advance Health provides industry leading managed care prospective health solutions. Our combination of proprietary mobile workflow technology and highly experienced, dedicated care providers yields outstanding program results and better outcomes for our clients and their health plan members.
Benefits
Cons
Teir 1 Scheduler-it’s SALES! Don’t be fooled.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 20, 2017
When I accepted the position, I was blown away at the benefit package. Easily earned PTO, decent health benefits, bonus potential. That quickly faded. Health coverage is expensive, it’s taken out every check. Not monthly as is perceived. Participating in all “benefits” leaves employees with a paycheck that is not a livable wage for a one income household.

I realized that it would mean driving up the already exorbitant cost of healthcare by billing Medicare for an assessment that most members have already completed. The majority of members called are elderly and on Medicare. Some plans would allow members to be called multiple times a day. By the way, we aren’t the only company they’re selling your information to.

There is constant pressure to meet “goals”. But convinced you it was fun because it was a game. I for one am not fueled by competition. I feel strongly there is no actual skill involved. To be successful you must be lucky.

“It’s the luck of the dialer”.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Helicopter management.
Horrible Company
Customer Representative/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 12, 2018
This place does not care about there employees. All they cared about is how much money they were making.

They would fire you at a drop of a hat, even if you had a family member in the hospital. It did not matter to them.

If you took time off you would be written up, even if you where personally in the hospital, they would fire you.

This was a horrible place to work for.
One of the best jobs I have had.
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 28, 2019
Great work environment with opportunity for growth within the company. Flexible work hours with overtime as an option as well. My job felt secure and I could always rely on my mangers to assist me when even need be. A perfect place to hone your customer service skills and gain experience.
Pros
Paid time off and sick days
Cons
no aloud to use you cell phone
see new patients daily, see patients only once per year
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 27, 2019
I learned to manage my schedule and complete my work on time prior to driving home at the end of the day. Some patients were difficult to communicate with especially when they denied scheduling an appointment.
Pros
able to take a lunch break
Cons
lengthy reports, high cancellations rate by patients
Do not waste your time.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 28, 2018
Hands down the worse company I have ever worked for. Management was awful. The turnover was absurd and it was similar to being in high school. Management was having relations with reps and every knew. Never again.
Pros
You get a desk
Cons
The entire workplace culture
Nurse Practitioner
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151February 12, 2019
My position was nurse practitioner, assessing patients in their home, or senior living facilities. AH was not a bad place to work other than not knowing a well defined area of coverage/responsibility and having to use my personal vehicle rather than having a company car.
mediocre com[any
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 25, 2017
great company and benefits. must like autonomous working enviroment Company has high turnover. Worked for 2 years with them as an NP. since you are traveling to members homes, the distance you have to travel increases continously. No job security, since i started with them, numerous support staff were there one day and fired the next. I was fired for not being willing to spend a week in another town and do assessments, which was not included in the hiring agreement..
Pros
autonomous work.
Cons
no job security, fired without poor work performance. poor communication, frequent changes and not everyone informed.
Well-balanced and nice place to work, with plenty of benefits and room to grow.
Outreach and Communication Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 16, 2018
Advance Health was a place of work where I was given the opportunity to learn more about the challenges and rewards typical to a startup. Adapt and learn as you go were a must.
A waste of talent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 11, 2018
Patient are literally harassed to set up health risk assessments. Patients are upset with providers or clueless why assessment is important. Company does not follow up on concerns noted in health risk assessment. This company recently merge with another company. Management is so cut throat.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
working remote without restroom access
Scheduling Specialist Tier I
Scheduling Specialist Tier I (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDNovember 8, 2015
This was probably one of the worse jobs I have ever had. The management was terrible and the training was just as bad. They had IMPOSSIBLE expectations. We were all told that we would get a raise up to $15 an hour after the 4 month probationary time. When that 4 months came they stated that they were not giving out the raise if you QA scores were below 85%... that's fine and well HOWEVER that was not told to ANY of the employees on time of hire. They are NOT family orientated AT ALL. I was one of 2 nursing mothers and we were not given the time needed to pump while at work. It was just a terrible job. Never EVER again will I work for this company and I'm honestly surprised that the company has been running for as long as it has been.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, impossible expectations
Working independently, experiencing all walks of life
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Clark County, INJune 13, 2018
Advance Health is a company that hires NPs to visit member's of different insurance companies to do annual wellness exams while assessing any specific needs the member may have whether it is financial or educational. I am currently employed with Advance Health part-time and thoroughly enjoy my position, however there is no secure income due to the fluctuation of visits there may be from week to week. I am paid if I complete a visit, my visits are not scheduled by myself personally, and if a member decides to cancel, I am not compensated. Hence looking for something with a more secure income.
Great, Positive Work Environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 25, 2017
This is a newer company in The Rapid City area and we are intelligently expanding, lots of long-term opportunities available. By far the best call center in the Rapid City Area, management is forward thinking and focused on worker well-being. The monthly bonuses are generous and attainable. The work is truly honorable and meaningful because we have a direct, positive influence on our member's lives. Great starting pay and full benefits. Do yourself a favor and apply today, you won't regret it!
Poor Upper Management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDNovember 14, 2017
The job was excellent until you had to deal with upper management. Very fast paced job. Co-workers were excellent to work with. The benefits were very good.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Upper management was difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Health. Our community is ready to answer.