Advance Health Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Fun work place.
Communications, Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 15, 2018
I work with very nice people. We are like family. The management is very professional and understandable and flexible. The company really care about the employees.
Pros
Nice environment.
Cons
No cons.
A waste of talent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 11, 2018
Patient are literally harassed to set up health risk assessments. Patients are upset with providers or clueless why assessment is important. Company does not follow up on concerns noted in health risk assessment. This company recently merge with another company. Management is so cut throat.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
working remote without restroom access
Accepts new graduates
APRN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 25, 2018
Advance Health welcomes new graduates. The management is available at any time we need, they are very knowledgeable. The company encourage and promotes learning opportunities.
Working independently, experiencing all walks of life
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Clark County, INJune 13, 2018
Advance Health is a company that hires NPs to visit member's of different insurance companies to do annual wellness exams while assessing any specific needs the member may have whether it is financial or educational. I am currently employed with Advance Health part-time and thoroughly enjoy my position, however there is no secure income due to the fluctuation of visits there may be from week to week. I am paid if I complete a visit, my visits are not scheduled by myself personally, and if a member decides to cancel, I am not compensated. Hence looking for something with a more secure income.
5 stars overall
APRN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2018
This job required traveling around part's of the state to do Health Assessments. I really enjoyed meeting people in various communities. The hardest part of the job were the pt's that had dogs. The company would call the pt prior to our arrival and ask the pt to lock the dogs up while we were there.
The most enjoyable was meeting new people and seeing how they coped with various obstacles with their health.
Some of the pt's have not seen a Provider in 20 years or more.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Dogs
Advance Health is a great organization to work with.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Noth CarolinaMay 28, 2018
I enjoy working for Advance Health. They show care and compassion towards employees and make them feel valued. The organization is very professional and allows for great work life balance.
Able to set your own schedule
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 27, 2018
Lots of driving.
Poor directions several times from staff-that was taken off GPS-would miss roads/streets to turn on. Wrong house numbers, wrong phone numbers.
Order of visits many times had you criss crossing yourself. thus creating extra miles and driving time. Not enough driving time allowed between visits.
Not real responsive when in the field and need help with issues.
Pros
Ability to "control" your schedule to a degree
Cons
Difficulty getting responses from main office when in the field
Great company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 21, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Advance Health. I enjoy going to the patients home and performing assessments on the patients.Credentialing process was pretty quick.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
visits schedule close together
great place to work
LPN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 15, 2018
I have been very impressed with this job so far and hope to continue to be impressed, most management seems very knowledgable and are willing to help or answer questions if at all needed
Not a good deal!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 20, 2018
Flat rate for home visits in a highly populated area. It could take 1 hour or 4 hours for the same pay. Not enough time between visits scheduled. Never spoke with my supervisor prior to starting the job, which made me feel like I was of zero importance to them. No solutions to issues that I raised. Hated doing physical exams and asking stupid questions to assess risk. Will never do a job like that again.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
telephonic nursing
Censo Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2018
I do not wish to write a review at this time. I enjoy working from home and doing periodic home visits.My co-workers work very hard. Training was too short.
Literally a revolving door. More like a TEMP agency.
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 29, 2018
Within the first 5 months of working with the company I have seen countless SUPERVISORS fired and quit. Their policy will change at the drop of a dime. If you work your tail off and bonus one month, they will change their requirements to make sure you don't the next month. Not worth it, don't be fooled by the $15/hr and weekends off. It sucks.
No Advancement from within
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2018
No opportunity for advancement. Only recognized by appointments per day scheduled. Tied to phone all day, Minimal training to assure that you exceed your goals.
Pros
20 days PTO, Benefits, 401K
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
No work for months at a time
Per Diem NP (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 15, 2018
You will be really busy for a month or two and then suddenly there are no assessments and you might not get work for months. Can't count on this job for steady income.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
No work for months at a time
Worked independently
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mahoning County, OHMarch 4, 2018
This was a satisfying job performing Wellness Evaluations for the Medicare community. The difficulty with this company was that everything including all communication and contact with administration was done via the internet, including the hiring process. From that perspective this was a very complicated company. But, I loved interacting with the patients in their homes.
Pros
Worked out of my car and was outside every day.
Cons
No job securtiy.
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centerville, VAMarch 1, 2018
Fast paced, different responsibilities. Uplifting. Opportunities to speak with all different levels in the organization. I enjoy working with the elderly.
Pros
Fast, fun, hold different types of contest for different prizes
Cons
PTO days
Pick your own schedule, independence
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Able to choose your own days and hours to work. Good communication with company.. Ability to work independently. For the person who loves to interact with geriatric population, this is position for you. At times, driving to member homes not fun in bad weather.
The company has changed and not necessarily on a good way
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 29, 2018
Overall I think the company needs to work on genuinely thinking about what's best not just for the company but the employees that have put so much into helping the company succeed.
Pros
Offers end of year bonuses
Cons
Constant policy changes without notice
Poor work/life balance
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working in this position as a NP, but the schedules are inappropriately mapped out, and all the after hours charting is not compensated. You could have members to see on one side of the city, and the next member is about 30 miles away. Then the next member could be going back in the direction of the very first member. Wasted drive time during the day, and no autonomy with my daily schedule. My opinion do not count in this matter. Advance Health is a great place to work Part-time.
Pros
Meeting wonderful people in the field and educating.
Cons
No bathroom breaks are given - they have to be added to your work hours.
Productive growing company
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ChantilyyJanuary 22, 2018
Productive growing company, with great people and technology advancement. Advance Health provides industry leading managed care prospective health solutions. Our combination of proprietary mobile workflow technology and highly experienced, dedicated care providers yields outstanding program results and better outcomes for our clients and their health plan members.
Benefits