Advance Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ok company if you are looking for seasonal work.
Seed Research Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas Center, GrimesNovember 7, 2018
This was not the worst company to work for but communication to employees is poor. They didn't seem to be able to keep up with the hours you are scheduled to work. They also let you know 1 day in advance when the job is ending.
Overall a good work experience and a learning experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2018
Real good place to work they find you work fast when you need it as long as you have all the correct paperwork and are willing to show up on time .thanks
Quick and fast
contingent staff (Former Employee) –  York, NEOctober 14, 2018
Found me a job the day i went in. they were very helpful and answered all my questions, gave you safety bucks for each week worked to earn prizes and i really liked it.
Productive workplace
Pollinating Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MNOctober 11, 2018
Learned much about corn. Worked both inside and outside. Some of the season tended to be a little slower while other very busy with some overtime. Seasonal
Pros
Worked outside in summer
Cons
Seasonal
Very uplifting pleasant place to walk into
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 20, 2018
Advance Staffing Agency in Omaha is one staffing agency that I don't tell you that they have jobs unless they do they are honest and I am very happy with the service and job placement they have me at advance service has my business for partner ship with putting people to work thank u advance service
Pros
Advance Staffing has jobs
Cons
Be to work on time
Great place.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. When I was working for them it was literally two day wait period between jobs with them. they are hardworking and diligent people.
Pros
great people
Cons
better pay
not organized and they lie to get you into jbs
Temp (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAAugust 14, 2018
they sent me to multiple offices (ottumwa and pella) for no reason at all and will only offer work at jbs. A few times they tried to say i didnt work for them while i was at there job site working. They have no idea whats going on.
Inviting workplace that trains well
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
A typical day consists of taking inbound calls to schedule appointments for technicians to service appliance units made by the brands names of the company.
Management was never available to assist customers when because they were back held against the walls.
The people were nice and friendly. This was a well relaxed tough fast-paced most times.The hardest time was coming to work under the weather.
Pros
Weekends off, Longer Breaks
Cons
Healthcare, Compensaton.
fast paced, hard work, learn patients,
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work was to head in early before teen when in the bus once entering the fields id have to do one chapter each day of field safty , once after i wrote down the information needed about the field i head in it myself to make sure im at the right starting point and had to focus on making teams for the workers so we can work at a fast past and have a safe work day
i learned to be patient and i learn how to read people to the point in knowing who they can work peacefully with
i also learned that i communication and leadership skills is a must if you ever want to have a steady work day.
Pros
i got a opportunity to show that im a great leader
Cons
it was a lot of responsibility but i got through it.
I worked as a temp for ASinc. In the field for many different factories
Packer (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 24, 2018
Places like Palmer Candy Co. Tur-Pack foods and many other places that was hiring temps. for a short period of time in Sioux City Iowa. It was OK for a few weeks but no real money nor job Security.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
No job Security
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 23, 2018
Work with working helmet on construction sites.pick up any trash on site broom sweep all Areas.Work in a fast paced,clean well in construction sight and all areas.
Mostly only temporary positions
Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 14, 2018
As an employment agency, they will find you a placement.As an employment agency, you would think they could do a little more to help those seeking employment. "Sink or swim" is their mentality.
A job I enjoyed since you could work different types of jobs on different days.
Accounting Assistant/Order Proc, Scale house oper (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 8, 2018
Generally a relaxed atmosphere to work in, a lot of different people to meet & a lot of different things to learn in a number of different fields. You can do the same job if you are long term also.
Pros
Generally relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Pay is not as good as it would be if you were working for the company .
Productive and have to work at a fast pace.
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 6, 2018
A typical day at work would have to be very busy. One would actually get lucky if we have a little to no time off during working hours, but of course we had our personal/restroom breaks.
Interesting
Was never advised. (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 3, 2018
As an employment agency, they will find you a placement. From my experience I was told different things by different people and those at Advance in Waterloo did side with my placement. As an employment agency, you would think they could do a little more to help those seeking employment. "Sink or swim" is their mentality.
Pros
3 days off, guaranteed overtime pay
Cons
Not being told who to listen to. A supervisor who apparently wasnt, had full reign to tell me my schedule.
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 21, 2018
I really liked my management here the issue was only making $8.50 an hour and then in order to make any additional Money they wanted you to sale warranties to people by any means even if that meant lying about what the warranty covers
It was a good company to be employed with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 11, 2018
It was a good experience. I learned a lot about parts and major appliances. It was very fast paced and challenging. My job was troubleshooting the problem with the appliance, finding the correct part and shipping it to the customer. I would also troubleshoot on installing the parts on the appliances.
Fun environment
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILApril 10, 2018
There were lots of hot days but the work was easy. Other employees made it fun and they were nice. On some days when it was storming outside we sat inside the building. We were getting paid to sit around and wait until the storm passed.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
heat
Great Company, Great People
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 9, 2018
I started at Advance Services at an entry-level position and have worked my way up to being a manager. The company's goals and expectations for me were clearly outlined and allowed me to grow very quickly with Advance Services. The company's upper management have always encouraged me to grow and have helped me realize my potential. Advance Services is fast growing and I can't wait to see where the next chapter leads.
Pros
Clear expectations and fast growth.
Cons
None.
Overworked, underpaid
HRC (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 6, 2018
This company was mismanaged on many levels. I came to find out years after I left that salaries were kept stagnant in order for upper level managers to get their max bonus by minimizing overhead costs.

The hours were long. Clients definitely came first and nobody left until all the labor orders were filled. So from one standpoint it was very much a team environment, but from the other side it meant going beyond 40hrs most every week and never being paid extra.

The work life balance was nil due to the above, plus if you worked as an onsite rep, you were expected to be on-call 24/7 for emergencies (which were quite common) as a point of contact.

The upside to this job was that I learned A LOT about HR and management. That cannot be understated. While it wasn't an enjoyable experience, it was still an invaluable one that helped me jump ship when the time came.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about