Advance Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful place to work. Take as a LAST resort.
Shipping Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MOFebruary 14, 2019
I like the work I do. HOWEVER I have had issues with Advance Services and the company that holds my contract. The issue with Advance Services: There was an issue that had come up with my supervisor while on the job. She made things up and tried to get me fired. They also put things on the write up that were from months past and things that were completely untrue. The response from my recruiter and Advance Services was to write me up for those things. When I asked my recruiter for clarification on something that the write up said they "coached me on" she could not tell me what it was but offered a POSSIBLE explanation of what they meant. They wanted me to sign it saying that they coached me on it. I refused to do this and they kept harassing me to do so. She also did not even want to admit that it was a write up. overall I am very done with this place. it is the WORST company I have ever worked for. Please if you do need a job take this but keep looking.

They do not pay for ANY holidays. If you have vacation you can take it to cover that day. If not you just do not get paid for that day.
Pros
Weekly Pay.
Cons
Terrible Health, Lack of caring from my recruiter, Only care about the client
Casual
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 28, 2019
No review needed, will not give any examples, this company is not worth writing a review about. Poor management was asked to do illegal things will not recommend anyone.
Pros
Customer service
Don't rehire
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJanuary 25, 2019
I had a job with them in 2017, I showed up on time and did my job, but they let me go within the Same month I got hired. I also reapplied to jobs in 2018, when they told me they had a job for me all i needed to do was come in and take a drug test and I passed it, after I did that one of the ladies that worked there after I came back from passing a drug test told me they had no more positions available for me, I wouldn't trust ASI.
Pros
You would get paid every week
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2019
The department that I was working in at ASI was a fact relaxed and calm pace environment. The scenery there is pretty great and makes you feel welcome and inviting when you walk in on a stressful day.
i have worked for advance for 2 years. The staff has gone above and beyond for me. From health issues to personal and vacation they never hesitate .
clerical (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 11, 2019
I have worked for advance as a full time temp for 2 years. And the staff has gone above and beyond to help me. From health issues to vacation and personal issues they never hesitate to help in any way.
Pros
great job placement
Cons
still temp
Very safe productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 3, 2019
My day would start with a morning safety training, first thing in the morning. Following that I would go to my assigned area and have a production update meeting with the crew being relived. The next thing I would do is perform a full thorough inspection of forklift or any equipment that i would be operating that day. Throughout the day I would perform various different task. While driving a forklift I would have to use a R/F Scanner to pick and receive products, Load and unload trucks and fumigation chambers and even keep other areas stocked with supplies.
I learned how to better evaluate unsafe situations before incidents occur and things you can do to minimize safety hazards. Management was informal, safety oriented and polite. The work place culture is friendly and fast paced. I enjoy my work so I don't consider anything hard. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my team to get the jobs done and out on time. I love the competitive nature.
Pros
They treat you like family and with respect.
Cons
Seasonal wrok
Good company
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001December 29, 2018
Learned a lot about building walls and redius walls certified to build scaffolding so I enjoyed the job it was very handsome on ...everything was taught to u on the field great job
Unreliable Staffing Agency
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILNovember 24, 2018
I do not have anything to say about this staffing agency for the plain simple fact that I am not going to say anything to under-credit them for one person perspective.
Assembler AT Katecho
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
pretty smooth paced job lots of communitcation need t keep things afloat be prepared to be on your feetthe majority of your shift but its a great jobs
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
have to fing own transportation
Temp to hire
Lathe Cut Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NENovember 11, 2018
It is a temp to hire company, they are great at finding a position for you. Some companies take longer to hire permanently. Took 4-5 months for me. There are no benefits or vacation days that I am aware of.
Ok company if you are looking for seasonal work.
Seed Research Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas Center, GrimesNovember 7, 2018
This was not the worst company to work for but communication to employees is poor. They didn't seem to be able to keep up with the hours you are scheduled to work. They also let you know 1 day in advance when the job is ending.
Overall a good work experience and a learning experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2018
Real good place to work they find you work fast when you need it as long as you have all the correct paperwork and are willing to show up on time .thanks
Quick and fast
contingent staff (Former Employee) –  York, NEOctober 14, 2018
Found me a job the day i went in. they were very helpful and answered all my questions, gave you safety bucks for each week worked to earn prizes and i really liked it.
Productive workplace
Pollinating Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MNOctober 11, 2018
Learned much about corn. Worked both inside and outside. Some of the season tended to be a little slower while other very busy with some overtime. Seasonal
Pros
Worked outside in summer
Cons
Seasonal
Very uplifting pleasant place to walk into
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 20, 2018
Advance Staffing Agency in Omaha is one staffing agency that I don't tell you that they have jobs unless they do they are honest and I am very happy with the service and job placement they have me at advance service has my business for partner ship with putting people to work thank u advance service
Pros
Advance Staffing has jobs
Cons
Be to work on time
Great place.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. When I was working for them it was literally two day wait period between jobs with them. they are hardworking and diligent people.
Pros
great people
Cons
better pay
not organized and they lie to get you into jbs
Temp (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAAugust 14, 2018
they sent me to multiple offices (ottumwa and pella) for no reason at all and will only offer work at jbs. A few times they tried to say i didnt work for them while i was at there job site working. They have no idea whats going on.
Inviting workplace that trains well
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
A typical day consists of taking inbound calls to schedule appointments for technicians to service appliance units made by the brands names of the company.
Management was never available to assist customers when because they were back held against the walls.
The people were nice and friendly. This was a well relaxed tough fast-paced most times.The hardest time was coming to work under the weather.
Pros
Weekends off, Longer Breaks
Cons
Healthcare, Compensaton.
fast paced, hard work, learn patients,
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work was to head in early before teen when in the bus once entering the fields id have to do one chapter each day of field safty , once after i wrote down the information needed about the field i head in it myself to make sure im at the right starting point and had to focus on making teams for the workers so we can work at a fast past and have a safe work day
i learned to be patient and i learn how to read people to the point in knowing who they can work peacefully with
i also learned that i communication and leadership skills is a must if you ever want to have a steady work day.
Pros
i got a opportunity to show that im a great leader
Cons
it was a lot of responsibility but i got through it.
I worked as a temp for ASinc. In the field for many different factories
Packer (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 24, 2018
Places like Palmer Candy Co. Tur-Pack foods and many other places that was hiring temps. for a short period of time in Sioux City Iowa. It was OK for a few weeks but no real money nor job Security.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
No job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.