ADVANCE Employee Reviews

Awesome place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 26, 2018
Advance truly is a wonderful place to work with wonderful people! There is never a dull day, always something fun and exciting for the residents and staff to be doing!
Advance taught me many skills and also helped me expand on the skills I already had brought to the position.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be spent on a phone, speaking to potential new clients or speaking to clients that were already with us. Advance really wants to work at an efficient pace but also provide the right answers and certainly leave the client or customer satisfied. This position was a very independent position as you need to follow protocol while speaking with a potential client or an established client. The hardest part of the job is much of the work is not done face to face so you would need to use the skills you have acquired and always make sure the customer is your priority. The most enjoyable part is when a company or customer puts their trust in you and decides from what they learned while speaking to you that they feel comfortable enough to trust you assist them with their company.l
Pros
Indepenence
Cons
Taking a break when you may have time for one.
my time at Advance Auto Parts
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I learned lots working for Advance Auto Parts! I've not only learned automotive tips but also gained lots of retail experience there. The main goal at Advance everyday was to ensure a successful day! Always did what it took to achieve customer satisfaction. From signing for parts that came to the door, to greeting and assisting every customer that walked through the door. I WILL NEVER regret the tasks and challenges that came with the job and ill always send others to advance regardless if I'm no longer employed there.
Pros
great team, and amazing benefits
Cons
sometimes team members didnt show for shift.
Standard Job
Parts Professional (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 6, 2018
There's nothing to special about working for Advance Auto Parts. Its a retail based job that demands a general understanding of automotive systems.

Most definitely there are people who work for this company that are less than enthusiastic about it. But there are managers who are good at what they do. Realistically this is a stepping stone for something better.
Pays well
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2018
O.k place to work not all bad pay good, if their interested. Upon working there with-in my first 6 months. Witness 7 unprofessional terminations in which. Supervisor and a technician would ambush a employee take his work truck and leave stranded at a work site.
Pros
Pays well, company van, gas card
Cons
Poor management, No health benefits at all, job security
Good place to and move , also you have the opportunity to learn about cars
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2017
Enjoyed my time there, the pay for my position wasnt great but the experience itself made up for it somewhat. Overall i had a great time there and its easy to move and go places just as long as you work hard and show up.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Pay
Great Workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GANovember 26, 2017
It was fast paced with decent pay. I loved how organized it was. My manager was great. The benefits were awesome. I would definitely recommend them if you're looking for employment.
Very relaxed but also laboring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 23, 2017
Very relaxed but can be busy at times, may have to work 16 hour shifts if replacement doesn't show up, company not that organized, may not be best but decent pay.
Pros
Never fires, decent pay
Cons
Long hours, may have to work overnight
Pretty decent place to work if you're just looking for work
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2017
To be honest with you the thing I liked about advancepierre Foods was the fact that they were pretty well organized you knew a month in advance before you go to work any overtime
Pros
Organization
Hard work
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IANovember 8, 2017
At advance the management really pushes all of the work on to the part time employees, from taking care of customers to filling out management paper work. With this it seemed they had no cares for including everyone or spreading out the work load among employees.

Want to know more about ADVANCE?

Ask a question
customers
representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 6, 2017
ustomer service representative
Accurately performed financial transactions.
Performed loans, cashed checks, wire transfer, money orders, and bill payments
Bad place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 2, 2017
I did not like working at Advance America, the hours were always long,, and ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED! I worked 6 days a week due to the required work to do and being short staffed,
Walking to the bank to make large deposits through out the day was scary and stressful and the pressure to push people to loan that clearly did not make enough money to pay back the loan seemed unethical to me.
Pros
Working indoors
Cons
Rude management. short staffed always
Not comfortable with these reviews
Corp, Closer/Processor (Former Employee) –  Park, KSNovember 2, 2017
I am not sure why it is necessary for me to complete these surveys I don't even know if theis company is managed by the same person as it was when I was employed there over 10+years ago.
no issues
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLOctober 30, 2017
I really liked working there but i had to move with my family and could not keep the position. I have no complaints about the job. It was a great place.
Enjoyable and Questionable
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNOctober 25, 2017
It is real interesting dealing with new topics from customers and staff members. I have adapted to the level of change and dealt with it in a professional matter. Having social skills can help working here. Management changes up so much it make you wonder why and then the talking of managers gives you an in site afterwards. I enjoy doing my job and really respect the CEO's vision. This what strives me to doing my job in this company.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Managers taking all the credits
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 21, 2017
it could be very stressful at times. You are hiring for a lot of clients at the same time which it gets hard. They do work with getting time off. But work is not shared equally.
unconfratable
sales (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VAOctober 15, 2017
stressful not enough hours other employees, not offering help if needed some customers rude did not like the small company car felt as if I was treated unfairly when I was let go
Cons
stressful
Very helpful Managers good culture
LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
Great job good people
Always a chance for advancement great pay,great benefits. Ceo very involved personally with everyone there
Great communication with staff,good and new equipment throughout entire office.bounses reached frequently
Pros
Staff lunches and dinners for free every quarter
Cons
Great place to learn more about cars and how all the parts come together to make it go.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2017
It was a job that will help you learn more about vehicles and how it work to come all together. A place where you are able to advance if you put in the effort to learning as much as you can to be able to provide better customer service.
Stepping stone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan Center, MISeptember 19, 2017
Great beginner Job, it is a good place to learn how to become a manager but you need a good Dm to help you get to the next level. Job advancement past GM is slim to none. They like to cut positions just because.