AdvanceCare Health Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Do. Not. Recommend
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 1, 2019
Everything has to be done by the President’s 100% standards. There is no room for individual input despite their saying there is. No work/life balance
Terrible, unorganized, confused owner / company
Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 16, 2019
Long story short, this owner has no idea what he is doing. Within the first month I was there, I came to realize the entire company was extremely worried about a state and federal audit that took place. They ultimately failed this audit and had to pay thousands in fines. Keep in mind this is a HEALTHCARE company and these audits were to insure the privacy and security of it's patients as well as the well being of there home care clients. To no surprise, they failed their audit tremendously. This led to a "meeting" with me and the "owner" at which I was told I could no longer be paid the original salary I was offered because of the amount of money he would have to pay after failing his audit. After the confused and distraught owner paced around the room a few times, he then said I could stay with the company but he couldn't guarantee a full time position. I left the room very skeptical and worried about the well being of my family. I was later terminated for, "absence reasons," after I was told I could not work full time any longer. I've kept in contact with 6 other people that were in the same room as me about the size of a kitchen. Give google one look with the building and you will realize the working environment. Do not give this company an inkling of your time if your are interested in actually doing something with your career.
Great Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 22, 2019
This has been the best places I have ever worked. The environment is fun and I am always learning something new. Love the clients that we take care of. There is a learning culture and there is always a chance to move up within the company no matter what position that you start in.
Incompetent ,UnOrganized, unEthical practices
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage TnApril 10, 2019
If you plan on working there get prepared for AHS UNIVERSITY that has nothing to do with your job responsibilities: This is a learn as you go company.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Working with attitude from the Employer and other Bossy people
I wouldn't recommend this job. I've worked under other home health before but never like this
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  East Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2019
It is a sorry company. I'm a former employee and their pay for experience is horrible and the way a client I had was treated was worse. I wouldn't recommend this job.
Pros
Work with different ppl
Owner has Issues with Anger
Director (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNFebruary 24, 2019
When first started, was treated good by owner. Changed quickly. You must obey or will get talked down to like a suffering child. Will get ignored by owner for not standing in line like a soldier in an abusive bad movie. Only hires females for the most. One moment asked to do something by owner, then the next told you are wrong or asked why did you do that. Owner talks behind employees backs to other employees. Owner likes to embarrass employees in front of others.
High stress low pay
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNNovember 21, 2018
The expectation changed regularly. Everyone is stressed all the time. I was manager that that was not allowed to act as a manager. I was working so many hours as a salaried manager that if broken down to hourly wage, made less money than my asst. who wasn’t responsible for the success for the department.
Cons
No benefits
Started off good, ended horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  HermitageSeptember 16, 2018
The job started off okay. With time is became exactly what the reviews warned. Disorganized. I was encouraged to speak my mind and stay open, but I was terminated for expressing my opinion. I was offered a full dollar raise on Friday, was called Saturday and was apologized to, Sunday I wrote down my weekly review in which a section asked for your opinion on things and I wrote my opinion, and on Monday I was fired because I wasn’t a good fit for the employer.
The owner wants simply yes people in his company. He completely is the definition of Einstein’s theory of insanity.
There is no clear sense of training, direction, or help.
I was limited 3 questions a week, but was never give answers.
The company does a rewarding job by placing individuals with disabilities in homes, like adult foster care.
But the owner fails to realize that his employees are number one.
If you’re a quiet person who doesn’t speak their mind, this job would be perfect for you. Just say yes you understand everything and ask other people questions, don’t ask the owner.
But if you like to ask questions, get answers, and have an opinion, this job is not for you!
Oh be prepared for book reviews that are mandatory. So if you don’t do them, you’ll get written up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits and all what I stated above
Terrible Experience
Executive Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 27, 2016
Being on-call 24/7 means that you must answer for non life/death situations even at 10:30 pm (it has happened), and you receive no respect from upper management. They are neglectful and manipulative in upper management to a point where they will purposefully push you to a point of a panic attack. There have been times more than once when staff members get yelled at, in a loud not screaming voice, through grit teeth and pursed lips for minute things (not that yelling at staff in any case is appropriate nor professional).

It is an extremely unprofessional organization and I pity all who still work here.
Pros
Feels friendly when first starting
Cons
On-call 24/7, no respect from upper management, no REAL personal time allowed
Where is the work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 29, 2015
This is an upcoming company that is not fully organized. They have a large work load on one person and that makes it harder to train new people. The company claims they have plenty of work that needs to be done but leaves the workers waiting for work when its proper time for them.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Must work through lunch, Must stay busy but no work given
Provider Agency
Office Manager/HR (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 3, 2013
A typical day at work started with morning team conference call. I learned guidelines and requirements for both HR, Office Management, and Program Coordinating according to the guidelines set forth in the Provider Manual issued by the Department of Intellectual Developmental Disabilities.
My co-workers were instrumental in assisting me with learning the guidelines and job responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job was keeping staff hired and trained for the positions the company had to offer.
The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was helping people on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work schedule on days I attended school.
Cons
Short breaks