Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC Employee Reviews

Satisfication!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 23, 2018
I personally felt that ACT was a good job to start off with,
they started off at a decent wage for being a bilingual representative.
The hardest part of the job I must say was the dress code of not being able to wear jeans, but otherwise it was pretty easy.
It is a frustrating place work.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 22, 2018
It can be extremely high paced which is stressful. It would be less stressful if they simply would give you the tools you need to do your job in a more efficient manner. They encourage the use of jobAids (that they haven't updated in years) then give Auto Fails for things that are clearly stated on jobAids or in the tracker. It doesn't seem like it is too much to ask to be provided with equipment and software that works as well as given proper information I may need to know in order to do my job. It is incredibly frustrating to ask a question and get a different answer from everyone.
Pros
Pto
Cons
It's disgusting and filthy, bed bugs
Drama and Long Hours
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 19, 2018
As long as you stay on the phones and don't promote within the company it's a great place to work. The higher up you go the more you see how awful management treats their employees. Long hours for low pay. The job is EXTREMELY stressful. I don't recommend working in the front office. Fight for how much they offer because the work load, demands and hours ARE NOT WORTH the pay. I loved being on the phones but once I moved up, I regretted it. If you don't mind all if this and enjoy small office drama and getting yelled at, be my guest in moving up with the company.
Pros
Great And Affordable Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, High Stress, Long Hours
Learning Environment
General Electric (GE) Fraud Detections Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 19, 2018
Training for this position was extensive and exceptional. You will learn to be vigilant as well as how to follow directions. The majority of the work was the ability to review previous credit charges to verify any types of fraud.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
sedentary work
Worst "job" ever. Don't even recommend the training.
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZApril 17, 2018
Training was BORING, no hands on. Environment is like a High School or worst. Expect bullying environment. No equal treatment. Can't get a hold of HR.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Short breaks, not allowed to have food, cellphpne had to be left on the car.
fun people to work with
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 15, 2018
is a good job for learning a new trade. management interaction is great. friendly people to work with and dress policy is nice, management wants you to do well and will coach you for situations that you are unfamiliar with.
Pros
coaching is great
Cons
clean desk policy
wouldn’t recommend.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 13, 2018
wouldn’t recommend. very unfair a lot of favoritism. stressful. i guess i was working there because nothing else was available out here but wouldn’t go back.
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boones Creek, TNApril 9, 2018
Were unfair to the employees under them. Working there is soul draining. They would constantly try to overwork the employees in the teams just to milk the last drop of life out of them.
Cons
Its a good and fun place to work
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 9, 2018
Great staff, awesome work environment, allow you 2+ weeks of training. Everybody is willing to help on another. Managers are willing to work one-on-one with you if you are having troubles.
Good job if starting out
Outbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 9, 2018
Get to work with great people, have opportunity for performance bonuses each month, and pay is average. Hardest part of job is to keep up with calls when busy, and knowing how to answer questions on escrow and client's accounts.
Please Review
call center rep (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2018
I was employed with company for four years I've advanced in every job but this one do to the discrimination with in the company that is not properly advised to upper management even when it is taken to HR. I did have good experience with the company when I first arrived I'm just sorry it had to end so poorly.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Unable to advance with in company
ambiente de trabajo nada agradable
agente (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZApril 5, 2018
un dia típico en el trabajo en act es soportar gritos y no solo de los clientes si no también de los supervisores y de el director del departamento, no saben tratar a sus empleados
Not Much To Expect
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 5, 2018
I worked here for a year under the project "Mr. Cooper/Nationstar". I read some of the complaints and this is mostly people who just can't handle working customer service. You cant expect for people to not be angry at you. They are calling in most of the time if not 100% of the time because they have a problem so they are already upset. However more training could have been provided to avoid people having panic attacks because they don't have the answers. ACT is a third party company so you cannot expect high pay although $8/hr is ridiculous, especially when you're an esca (people who take calls for supervisors) and only handle the most irate customers all day, help every agent and do monitors for supervisors, upon other responsibilities and still get paid $8 the hour. Biggest complaint would have to be the supervisors, only two of them actually. They would do absolutely nothing for the entirety of the day and also knew nothing about the company therefore were unable to assist anyone if by chance they were even feeling like it.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Bonus
Not bad but not good.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 2, 2018
Good place to work if you need a job quickly. Was hired 2 days after applying. Hard to get fired unless you don’t show up. Supervisors can be horrible you just have to know which ones actually care about their jobs. Overall I don’t really have any major problems. Would recommend to friends in need of a temporary job until they can get one in their field.
Pros
Hour lunches. Good people.
Cons
Short 10 minute breaks.
worst company ever
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 2, 2018
terrible "supervisors"....
whenever you ask a question they treat you like an inconvenience....
overworked and underpaid.....
people do drugs in the parking lot
don't sell your soul to this company...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 30, 2018
this place is essentially a prison
you will immediately be fired for bringing cell phone into office
not very intelligent people
they run it like a school but it feels more like a working prison

you will feel sick after day 2 since you share germs with about 500 people
its unsanitiary
port a potties outside
Official response from Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC
April 2, 2018

I am sorry your experience with ACT was unpleasant. There are preventative measure we have in place to prevent some of the issues mentioned above. While the centers do employ large numbers of agents, wash basins and hand sanitize dispensers are in every office to help prevent any spreading of "germs".

Due to the nature of our clients business and confidentiality of the information, Cell phone are strictly prohibited on the floor to avoid any breaches in security for our clients.

Full-time employment meat grinder
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 22, 2018
This place is fast-paced, requires over time, poorly compensates, only has benefit enrollment once a year for two weeks.
ACT has high turn over rate, meat grinder, and as an employee I've never felt appreciated.
Pros
Full-time, bonus available
Cons
minimum wage. no employee apreciation
Decent pay, beware of drama, and don't stress too much over calls.
Retail support agent (Former Employee) –  San Luis, AZMarch 19, 2018
The work, as it is a call center, is pretty stressful at times depending on your calls and will affect you negatively if you are easily influenced by what others say. The workplace itself has a sort of environment that will wear you out if not careful and like in many other jobs beware of the drama, getting too involved with your coworkers can result in unneeded stress such as in the form of gossip.
Productive place to work with great opportunity for advancement.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at this location very much. I liked that we were able to communicate with people from all over the world. It was very fast paced and competative but very rewarding.
Pros
Fast paced, competative
Cons
short breaks
Sleazy company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San LuisMarch 16, 2018
The worst company ever. Really bad management. Employees are treated like dirt. There are some good people in management but not very many. Most are incompetent and lie about anything including employees. Low pay and lots of abuse. Sleazy to the top.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight