Advanced Correctional Healthcare Employee Reviews

good company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 26, 2018
Overall good company to work for. Tried to assist you in any way possible as a new employee. The supervisor seemed to be on my side when i had a problem.
cut throat
LPN (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 4, 2018
always short staffed, over worked, always pressured into working over time. Nice working 3 12's, but to get in to a day shift position is virtually impossible
terrible company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 13, 2018
The company doesnt care about their employees. Their philosophy is nurses are replaceable so they will never have your back in any situation. Not a company I would recomend working for
Pros
good money
Awesome place to work.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIFebruary 2, 2018
Loved working here with great team. The other reviews i feel are site specific. I loved the sites i worked at and my coworkers. Very sad i have to relocate for other reasons.
Good Place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYNovember 21, 2017
Good place to work, atmosphere is comfortable. Liked working there. Worked over three years there. Learned alot about mental health and drug and alcohol detoxing
Terribly ran!! Terrible company!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 17, 2017
This company is ran poorly, from corporate down to site management! Turnover rate is very high because you are given very little training and thrown to the wolves. If you ever have an issue with your supervisor and go to HR about it, expect to get blown off, and then face repercussions with your manager for doing so. Bullying and harassment are completely tolerated with a blind eye turned! There is no incentive to be a good employee. Also expect for your paycheck to be incorrect half of the time, as whoever runs payroll is not competent! Overall, I wasted too many years working for ACH. Glad to be out!
Pros
Working with security staff
Cons
Everything else
Awful place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 16, 2017
This company is terrible! The"manager" does not seem to know a thing about the functioning of the dispensary and delegates everything to staff. Always at risk of being mandated to stay over time, disrespectful and very hostile work environment with no support or help from corporate. I would advise anyone to stay far away from this place if you value your nursing license.
Pros
Deputies and patients
Cons
Dispensary manager, corporate office, and hostile work environment
Terrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Summit County, OHNovember 15, 2017
The "manager" has no clue what she is doing and relies on support staff to do all of her work. Coworkers are cut throat and incredibly unprofessional. There's zero room for advancement. The work environment is hostile and uncomfortable. People in this department are too busy cutting others down instead of lifting each other up and the teamwork on certain shifts is despicable. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!
Pros
Great Deputies
Cons
Unprofessional employees and management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company for few years very professional addressed and resolved employees concerns within a timely manner if given another opportunity to work for this company I would gladly accept
Pros
Good benefits competitive salary
No room for advancement
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 30, 2017
There is no room for advancement here. The pay is not very good. The people are rude and not friendly at all. Management has their favorite employees.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
People are not very friendly.
Pharmacy nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2017
The company was fair and competitive with wage and benefits. Experienced and helpful supervision. Environment somewhat stressful at times but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Compensation, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Location for me
ACH is a horrible company to work for.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 27, 2017
The managers and administration at ACH are very cut-throat. It is difficult to get return phone calls or emails. They do not care about any individual employee and worry mostly about avoiding lawsuits for the company and making new contracts. I have never felt so devalued as an individual or as a health care professional.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
poor management, do not value employees
I love my current job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 9, 2017
I love my job. I wish the income were better or more opportunities for advancement . I think they have taught me a lot. I have always felt a great deal of respect from my peers and my supervisors. I wish there were greater chances for overtime
Pros
Great teamwork and great supervisors
Cons
Heavy work load
Very interesting work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJuly 9, 2017
I love working in this field of nursing. I see patients every day with something new. I deal with wound care to chronic care. I work with amazing custody officers who are always willing to help.
Pros
I pick my own work hours
Cons
I only get 25 hours a week
Good pay, good benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 4, 2017
Company is a good place to work for. They offer competitive salary and benefit packages. I was employed by company for 4 years until becoming travel nurse. Only negative is if you are working in a prison or jail you are likely to deal with lawsuits.
Poor company to work for
Registered Nurse / Regional Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 7, 2017
Corporate management is disrespectful to staff and treat them as less than. Corporate management is mostly made up of family and outsiders are treated like they can't be trusted with sensitive information. Physician's don't call nurses back in a timely manner and give orders that make NO sense at times. Have a huge turnover in staffing.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
Poor management
GREAT place to work award is well deserved!
Corporate Team (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 16, 2017
Everyone is treated equally!! There is never a moment that that there's not work to do. Executives, including the owners take the time out of their busy day to not only recognize everyone and the work they do for the company, but to simply ask how you're doing and talk to you on a personal level. Everyone works well together as a team and lends a helping hand where needed. Recognition is far above any other company! Flexible schedule option, available is a nice benefit that most companies do not have. Being a local family owned company makes a huge difference, you're not just a name on a paper as you would be in a large corporation.
Pros
Recognition, flexible schedule, locally owned, Supports furthing education, room for advancement, treated equally, St. Jude Supporter
June 5, 2017

This is one of those reviews that makes me even more excited to work for this organization! Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful things. While we recognize that all companies have areas in which we can improve upon, it does make us feel good to have no "cons" listed here. Thanks again; and please reach out if there is anyone in the organization that you would like to specific recognize!

Employee Beware
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 11, 2017
Favoritism and unethical job practices run rampant within this company. HR searches for replacements for employees and gives no warning before pulling the rug out from under them.
June 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that you feel that you had no warning prior to your (assumed) termination. We work very hard to ensure managers verbally counsel employees, train them through formal training logs and progress to write ups when there are performance deficiencies. Unfortunately, given the nature of the business we are in sometimes offenses are too extreme or the employee is not interested in making a change which warrants quicker movement in the discipline process. I do not know your specific situation but I am sorry that you felt that way. We do deny favoritism and unethical job practices running rampant within the company - we pride ourselves on doing the right thing. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Professional and knowledgeable
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 4, 2017
This company understands Corrections. The managers are professional, educated, and helpful. Assistance and support was just a phone call away. I could trust this company to take care of me.
Pros
Pay, managers
Cons
Inmates can be challenging
June 5, 2017

Thank you for this review! It makes me happy to see that pay and managers are listed as one of your pros. We take time to research salaries in our locations and work to pay employees at the high end of the spectrum. It also sounds like you have been able to develop a great relationship with your manager - please consider thanking that manager or recognizing them through our online system or by giving them a certificate. If their clinical skills are top notch, maybe even the DAISY award would be appropriate. If you would like to discuss strategies in working with this unique patient population, please call your supervisor, division director or even the corporate office and we'll connect you with a mentor. Call anytime, and have a great day!

Admins - Revolving 90 day door.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Just as the title states. If you are looking for a temp job for a couple of months I wouldn't risk time here as the staff are all family or good friends and treat people horribly.

They have this fraudulent Administrative assistant job add posted continuously for years. They have no intention of keeping you past 90 days for your benefits to begin.

The corporate staff in the Peoria office are greedy, unmoral idiots.
June 5, 2017

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of this review that is not substantiated. Currently, all of our assistant positions are filled. The most recent opening was due to a promotion. Prior to that, a new admin position was open due to company growth. We have a growing corporate office and a staff of approximately 7 assistant positions. The statement that this position is continuously for years and fraudulent is completely false. With regard to staff being family or good friends, we are proud that our staff refers friends and family to the organization. We believe it is a sign of a good company when there are a high number of employee referrals so it is unfortunate that you see that as a negative. We take comments and reviews seriously, the comment of everyone at corporate being greedy/unmoral is unnecessary, not true, and not very nice. The corporate office has over 50 people attached to it and I can tell you that this company is not comprised of greedy/unmoral people. I hope this response helped clarify some items that you may not know have known.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Correctional Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.