Advanced Dentistry

Working at Advanced Dentistry: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Doctor was not a very pleasant person to work with

Doctor was obnoxiously strict at times. Often gave out a negative energy. The only thing I enjoyed from working here, was the other employees. Other than that, would never go back.

Bonus is good environment is toxic

Good is bonus and having time off when you request 2 weeks ahead of time. Bad is management and team work management never wants to help or be positive. Very negative toxic environment

Advanced Dentistry insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Everyone is so nice to work with and love the Starbucks coffee machine.😊

Everyone is so nice and always willing to pitch in and help out when needed.Everyone shows such a positive and happy attitude. Which makes for a better workplace environment.

Pros

Free lunches Trips to Dunkin Donuts

Stressful place

They don't appreciate good employees and they work them to the ground.They disrespect employees and treating them like slaves yelling at them for mistakes they haven't done. They don't have commitments to their promises. they like to hire and fire ( you might see total new staff every other month). They are using cheap materials from China and telling patients that they are using the best quality materials from the best companies.There is no Work/Family balance (poor employees are not allowed to talk about their family issues and if they do they will get yelled at and will be told that this AWFUL in front of all other employees. Employees are not getting their VACATION COMPENSATION.Dental assistants if they will not get liked by the "LEAD ASSISTANT", they will get fired even if they are great at their job and vice versa.

Stressful and poor communication

No appreciation for hard work. Management is very poor and there is insurance fraud. Definitely no good pay for the hard work you do. Wouldn’t recommend working there.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No benefits, bad pay, management is bad, no overtime

Great assistants, Doctors with attitude

I thought everything was fine until I came to this job and was just through into surgery which I did not mind, I had a great DA to help me through. So they have the best assistant but doctors talk/yell them like dogs, I take that back a dog gets more respect. I figured this are the people who keeps everything moving so the mentally abuse.

Very stressful

The patients are the best part of my position. The management makes the job stressful. If I did ab&c then I fell short of doing x y and z. And I like to be a person that goes over and above and wants my employer to be very happy with the quality and quantity of my work. I never felt like I could do enough.

unstable , unorganized enviornment

The business is unstable. The owner closes down the offices to go away out of country and you do not get paid while she is gone. The offices do not practice OSHA mandatory practices and it is an unsanitary enviorment.

Pros

location

Cons

unstable

Opportunity to learn; great perio program; great patients

I enjoyed working here. They use an EMS prophy jet—loved this:) employees are wonderful. Easy to take vacations, drs interested in latest perio info. Dr paid for traveling to AZ for continuing Ed.

Pros

Easy to take time off, learn a lot, great patients

Cons

Not a lot of benefits. Salary average

Advanced Dentistry is an excellent place to work and I would recommend it to anyone persuing a career in dentistry

The staff and doctors at Advanced Dentistry are very professional and friendly. They genuinely care about their patients and provide excellent dental care to the community.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Advanced Dentistry?

Chill enviroment

It gets kind of boring to work there. The boss is nice and really easy.

Review

Excellent place to work when it was a practice. now sold. Promoted education, great pay, cross training. Excellent paid travel opportunities. Excellent employees

Pros

Pay

Day to Day

Day to day I would check patients in and out, review treatment plans and manage my back office staff. My management was very unprofessional and not growth driven. The hardest part was implementing new functions to help the business grow. The one thing I enjoy was my staff and the patients.

Pros

Working with clients and patients

Cons

Management and lack of growth

Unprofessional

* No communication with staff, I would do the tasks set for me and ask if I was preforming as expected. I would be told I was preforming well, but behind my back I was being told to my boss I was not doing my job well. * I learned how to communicate when in a position like this again. I also gained some entry level education on this job position and will take it with me to other jobs. * The assistants and hygienist where great because they had each other's back, while the office manager was quick to put the blame for mistakes on other employees. * The hardest part of the job was that I felt like my manager didn't have my back. When I asked for help, they wouldn't give it to me, and when I asked if I was doing things correct or how to improve I was given incorrect information. * the most enjoyable part of this job was that I learned how to handle a difficult situation and I learned some new information on a job that I found a lot of interest in.

Pros

Learned a new posisition in this career field

Cons

Unorganized, Unethical

fast paced and state of the art practice.

on the cutting edge of technology, this office was a fun and interesting environment.

General Dentistry Practice

Per-Diem work, I learned general dentistry techniques after working solely as a periodontal/implantology assistant for five years. The office was poorly managed; patients would be double or triple booked and would have to wait for hours to get a cleaning. The turnover was high. My co-workers were pleasant and very helpful, especially the ladies at the front desk. The hardest part of the job was taking X-rays on children, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and identifying the issues they were having before the Dr. gave her diagnosis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits