ADVANCED DERMATOLOGY AND COSMETIC SURGERY Employee Reviews

Poor Management.
Prefer not to answer. (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 19, 2019
Not a professional place to be. Managers lie and only care about selling, I never knew selling appointments was a thing. I was only aware we are suppose to care about patients and do something we are passionate about. Good luck, everything you say will be twisted and used against you. Even for the better of the company and employees.
Pros
Cons
None.
Run away!
Lead front desk (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAMarch 12, 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked. Management is HORRIBLE! I didn’t last 3 months. I kept thinking things would get better and they only got worse. Management is useless. They always blame corporate and cannot except responsibility for their short comings. If youre considering working for this company, please RUN AWAY!!!
Pros
None!
Great Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I've worked here for 1 year and have been greeted with open arms. The pace is fast. Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow with the organization. Executive leadership team is very engaged and creates a positive culture.
Pros
Support from leadership, compensation, opportunity
Cons
benefits could be better
Only care about bottom line, even at cost of great employees
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I was recruited by an outside recruiter who found me. One month into working they were sold to a PE firm who dictated instead of worked with the company leadership. They have lost a lot of great people and have very poor Executive leadership. One having no real operations experience and very little healthcare or work experience at all. Not a good work environment if you had any past experience as no one listened or collaborated. I had great location managers but they are not happy either. Very sad.
Pros
Rep lunches, work remotely at times
Cons
No 401k match, health insurance costly, horribal Executive leadership
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I very much enjoy my position mas Location Manager at Advanced Dermatology. There is tremendous support from the Regional Manager and the office staff is an amazing team of hard working folks that make patient care a priority each and every day. I would not hesitate to recommend working for this company.
Pros
Support from management, great benefits
Cons
None come to mind
Great Culture with Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Very much enjoy working at Advanced Derm. Supervisor/Manager is great and very supportive. Fast-paced with exposure and growth opportunities. Leadership and management are knowledgeable and supportive.
Pros
Physician was not in office very often, and I had to figure out the how it ran and other administrative aspects on my own.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 20, 2019
My position ended because the owner (dermatologist) sold the practice. I was not informed when I was hired, that he was looking to sell the practice.
Don’t work here!!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stapleton, COJanuary 13, 2019
Poor management, including district, regional and location managers. So much favoritism for incompetent employees but not a care for the knowledgeable hard working employees!!!!
Poor management
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2019
Management was very unprofessional, hired family members and friends. Would let employees do anything they wanted. Patients would complain she never returned calls. To her it didn't matter if you were a hard worker or not it was about if you fit in socially. Most of the Drs were great, and knew what they were doing; I would trust most of them to successfully diagnose a skin cancer. Office is very dirty as the manager hired her friend to do the cleaning. Very embarrassing when pts complain to you about the dirty rooms. They do have great discounts on products and services. I've never experienced such poor poor management. If you are a hard worker enjoy doing your job the correct way & working as a team this is not the place for you. Manager is a non licensed medical assistant that got the manager position when the other one walked off the job. No managerial skills at all, which makes for a poor place to work.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
In office Management, no raises.
Aesthetician
Paramedical Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 4, 2019
The worst management. Upper management and human resource people were not professional. Nurse Practioners are paid based on how many patients they can fit into their day. Most are on medications for stress. They give free botox to their friends.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Mamagement
Would Not Recommend
Histotech/Mohs/Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 26, 2018
I learned that this company will demand everything you can give, while returning very little. The environments are hostile, disrespectful and degrading. The managers are inept, the morale is always very low, and there is no hope for legitimate advancement with compensation. Being with the company almost three years, I have cross trained into three different areas and have received no increase in compensation. I was recently gaslighted by my Office Manager, hence my current job search. the healthcare insurance provided is a joke...6,000$ deductible. There is literally no positive to working here.
Cons
all of it
Horrible workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort myers, flNovember 13, 2018
None of the management cared about any of the employees or what they had to say. Providers documenting false diagnosis to collect a co pay from a retired on a fixed income patients. Not right at all. This place was one of the worst I've worked for.
Enjoyed it as I drove 3 miles to work, met other coders who I am still friends with and got the experience I needed.
Medical Coding (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 28, 2018
It was my first job as a coder and It wasn't about $$ for me as much as getting some experience in my field and moving on in a couple of years. It gave me that and friends who have moved on with me to other jobs. We have to start somewhere and Dermatology was a good start since there where outpatient office visits and surgeries.
Pros
Hired with no experience.
Cons
They wouldn't let coders go remote.
What a joke
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALOctober 22, 2018
Poor management, drama constantly with everyone who worked there. Fire employees in their training period. Favoritism. Place is a joke and so is the HR department
Pros
Going home when my shift was over
Cons
Everything else
great team
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 22, 2018
The office staff really made you feel like a family...in fact we used to train new Physician Assistants and it was hard for them to leave for their new rotations.
Pros
free cosmetics
Cons
pharmaceutical lunches/meetings...taking time away from patients
I’ve been to better Dermatology offices
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLOctober 22, 2018
This company is very catty. The staff care more about their nails, and makeup than they do about the patients. They find anything they can to make fun of patients. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Drug reps bringing treats
Cons
The company as a whole.
Some of the workers are on drugs and drink alcohol at lunch.
Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Dont waste your time. Compamy is all anout money and not people. The staff is coached to build the practice by doing procedures that are not necessary. The staff is given a bonus if they schedule more people in a day that dont need to be seen. Sick enviroment. Staff on drugs.
Pros
Cons
You name it.
Horrible management and workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Horrible management and workplace. No room for advancement, no incentives, and two faced people. Management is the worst. We’ll talk about you behind your back to other staff members daily.
Typical Management day
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Very busy, communicating with staff, need to be great at multitasking, following up with patients, attend marketing events, follow up on leads potential new patients and meeting daily goal.
Aweful company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Nothing good about this place. Its a toxic hostile work environment. The management and employees have a high turnover rate. Everyone is miserable there. No growth opportunities. Low pay no raises.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVANCED DERMATOLOGY AND COSMETIC SURGERY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8