Advanced Dermatology Employee Reviews

Great high volume office.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 28, 2018
A typical work day at Advanced Dermatology is anywhere between 90-130 patient's a day, 3 busy phone lines. I've learned so much about the different health insurances, referrals. So much about skin care. The hardest part are Referrals, which can be a pain at times not only for the office but it's frustrating for the patients. I enjoy everything about this job. I love staying busy, multitasking, most important happy patient's.
family oriented
daily learning experience
great schedule
Not a supportive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 15, 2018
The providers are amazing to work for and the company does great work for patients. I have found the atmosphere at Advanced Dermatology toxic and management doesn't support or encourage staff.
Pros
Providers are amazing
Good company
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 11, 2018
I received the appropriate amount of training and was given the chance to expand my knowledge of how the medical office functioned. The company does not provide annual raises, but does have a monthly bonus system based on office profits.
Pros
periodic free lunches, discounted beauty products and procedures, health and dental
Cons
Corporately owed which leads to one-size fits all policies for the offices
Intern
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
Although I was only here temporarily, I learned so much about being a medical assistant. This job prepared me enough to start working in the real world. I was hired temporarily after I finished my internship until another employee came back from vacation. It was a great time being there.
Pros
Teaching clinic
certified medical assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COFebruary 19, 2018
Excellent place to work with great doctors and was able to learn and grow a lot with the company. The manager at the office was excellent but the practice manager was poor at solving issues. The hardest part of the job was the scribing for one of the doctors out of many doctors I worked with. The job was enjoyable everyday and I was eager to work everyday
Pros
Benefits and an enjoyable and fun place to work
Cons
pay
Either you love dermatology or you don’t
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The physicians are great! The attitudes amongst the staff is awful. The manager micro-manages but I liked it. It helps things flow as they should. I loved being crossed trained & switching things up often.
Pros
Skin care sample products & free lunches often
Cons
The staff
Not able to work here
Administrative Assistant/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2018
No longer a company to work at.
Cannot work thee any more
small office
tight nit community
no real place to move up
Company was very unprofessional.
Would not respect personal space
run run run as fast as you can
Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 2, 2018
everyone is completely miserable. its as if someone sucked the life out of us as soon as we get in there. it used to not be so bad but our new management is horrible he does not care about us but cares about overworking us and how many calls we make. there is severe favoritism and people walk out every day. we dont get paid enough for all of the drama. they dont even pay bilingual people extra the benefits are not worth it and we dont get bonuses because instead of taking care of the departments they already have they keep adding offices and stressing schedulers out. youre glued to your seat as soon as you get in there and pressured into skipping lunch or only taking "5 min health breaks". trust me it is not worth it.
Pros
free food if its not stale and expired
Cons
everything especially management
okay
Laboratory Intern (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Benefits aren't that great but better than nothing. Employee appreciation hardly exist here and they make that clear. Just do your job and remain under the radar.

Want to know more about Advanced Dermatology?

Ask a question
Messy environment with even messier co workers
Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Everyone is unhappy in this department. There is no room for growth managers and team leads play favorites and if you’re not in the group consider your self an outcast patient care is not a priority as there is insurances that will let you schedule early and some that you have to wait 30 days out if you leave and walk out you can be hired again due to them needing people
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Managers are mean
Good co workers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Check in and check out patients, collecting payments from patients, filing, preparing charts for the day before, verifying insurance.

Computer programs, patience.

Fair enough.

Pleasure working with different cultures.

To leave my co worker.

The patients and co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
do not remember.
Fast paced working environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 18, 2018
Fast paced working environment. Great place to work and get experience as a medical assistant if starting out. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the providers and learning through them.
Pros
Fun group to work with, great place to gain experience
Cons
expensive benefits, low paying salary
love my job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
great doctors with the most caring and honest doctors you will ever meet I am proud to be an employee yet its time for me to advance myself. I learned major things and gain so much knowledge of skin cancer and tx that it will be sad to leave yet with my education and back round its time to move on!
Not a good place to work
PATIENT SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  151 Southhall LaneDecember 4, 2017
not worth the headache working here. Stressful, not encouraging and they really could care less. People are fired every day or they just don't show up because they find a better place to work.
Very fast paced but fun place to work at.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this company. It was fast paced and I learned a lot from my coworkers and my manager. They always said Knowledge is power.
Pros
Learning the different insurances, the coworkers
Cons
Working with so many doctors from all over the United States
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2017
I have had a great time working here. The doctors really know what they are doing and encourage staff all the time. I felt appreciated all the time. I enjoyed my tenure there.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 9, 2017
I prepared charts and took patients back assisted with minor surgeries and biopsies. Helped numb patients prepared labs and scheduled appts and gave results and kept up on biopsy log.
Pros
Free lunches free samples and free care
externship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 6, 2017
i worked at advanced dermatology for externship for 200 hours. it was required by my school to complete before I can graduate. it was a good company just didn't like how they managed there business.
Creates a Hostile work Environment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2017
The Management is unreliable. No professionalism, and plenty of disrespect to go around. You do not get necessary training needed, nor do they care. The regional doesnt know what she is doing,
Pros
My providers are wonderful
Cons
The management of employees and Customer service