Advanced Disposal Employee Reviews

I liked working for Advanced Disposal.
Credit Specialist and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  McClellandtown, PAJuly 13, 2018
I liked working for Advanced Disposal. I only left because my position was moved to another state. Good working environment. Great employees. Good benefits.
Great employees
Area Controller (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy the employees that I work with. I have grown in my career and my financial managers are the best that I have ever worked with. The benefits are great.
Racist and Literal Slave-Driving
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJuly 12, 2018
Probably the most racist place I have ever worked at in my entire life. I am currently at a loss for words for how awful this place is. Overworked more than 15 hours a day and 50 plus hours a week because no one wants to stay working there because of their racist attitudes and backward way of thinking. Sad! I had high hopes!!
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Racism, too-pro-Church, very anti LGBTQ
very fast paced.
Garbage Collector (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 10, 2018
clock in. pre trip truck . which include cleaning mirrors cab and floor.look over route sheet for new and cancelled stops.checkfluids and tires.and also checking my phone for road repairs.that might make me change my route and completion times.
Pros
free trash pickup
Cons
15.30/hr paid bi weekly
A job where safety was a priority
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 4, 2018
A lot has probably changed since I worked there, but at the time it was a decent place to work for a garbage/recycling company.

They assigned me to miscellaneous tasks in the office, container shop and on routes.
Its an ok job
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 30, 2018
I haven't worked here long. It's a job picking up trash so I don't see myself staying here very long. The trucks don't seem that be up to many of the driver's standard. I know the air conditioning didn't work in both of the trucks I have rode in so far. Everyone seems to get along pretty well. The driver's get paid by the day and from what I understand it's pretty good money. I get paid by the hour and it's a pretty nasty job for 10.50 an hour
only worried about price increases
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 28, 2018
5 price increases this year
they only care about wall street
I had great respect for all local mgmt and people. It is the corp structure that is the problem
Not a professional company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers Bch, FLJune 27, 2018
Wouldn't recommend to any applicant has horrible equipment and safety records.
Puts there employees in harm's way for a buck
Regs and rules are not followed
Poor management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 25, 2018
management is terrible. They do not care about you or your concerns. Very sexist and this company has too many cliques and way too much gossip involved
Good place to just work.
Trash Sorter (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJune 15, 2018
Advanced Disposal treated me well despite the sub-optimal work environment, but that could not be helped. It was part of the job. My position was not paid well, but I know that the others were.
Pros
Good work.
Cons
not likely to encounter them
management
Scale Operator/Customer Service/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WI 54115June 2, 2018
Management was only concerned with themselves. Very few times that management helped employees. Management was more concerned with the almighty dollar, thus making employees jobs all that much more difficult. I was presented with impossible tasks which were beyond my control (weather issues, truck break downs, loss of several seasoned employees) and then reprimanded. At one point, I would have gladly recommended Advanced Disposal as s great place to work. Now, I would never recommend it.
Revolving door of sales
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 31, 2018
Unrealistic expectations on sales volume. Pretty much all stick and no carrot. Poor upkeep of containers and trucks. In the 22 months I was there went through 2 sales managers. If your looking for a long-term job in sales you better look elsewhere.
Pros
Learning how NOT to run a business
Cons
Only focused on corporate profits. Sales metrics ruled all
no recreacinal facities
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Advanced to tell you truth it was my life I started in the year 1977 and enjoyed every minute I made the mistake of having two accidents within 36 months and that's not aloud they let me go.
Pros
every now and they would have appricition day
Cons
thier accident polacys
Grind
Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAMay 20, 2018
Say goodbye to your personal life. You will work like a dog around other cavemen. Management is a bunch of jerks too. You won't be able to get enough sleep with what you do, and your family life will suffer.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Very fast paced call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAMay 16, 2018
Call center environment, very fast paced.
Hardest part was keeping up with call volume. You would at least get 100 calls a day per CSR. Management thoroughly train you.
Nice place to work.
Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 15, 2018
I like working there. They treat worker good. Well i work Monday-Friday. The coworkers get along with each other. The supervisor get along wit the employees.
Bad place to work overall.
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 15, 2018
First of all the pay is awful. The general manager there is so cheat the equipment is falling apart, the managers are not that good,more worried about drivecams that picking up the trash. I don't recommend the Norcross Georgia shop at all.
Pros
Drivers
Cons
Terrible management.
consistant challenges
Diesel Technician/Night Lead (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 11, 2018
learning to understand and troubleshoot DPF
work with vendor to get parts to keep fleet on the road
Manage a group of 3 mechanics and myself
Communicate with management to help work flow
Driver
CDL Residential Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WIMay 9, 2018
Its ok, hours are long and job can have heavy lifting but overall its pretty much what it is. Company and supervisors let you do your job without alot of hassle.
Alright place to work
Retention Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 29, 2018
The pay could have been better and the entire company could have been more organized. There was a great deal of emphasis on paper work and not so much the customer. They add a lot of different fees and charges to the customers bill every chance they get even though the customer has signed an agreement to guarantee the price.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9