Advanced Disposal Employee Reviews

Managers
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 11, 2019
Every aspect of this place sucks! All the manager teams care about is their bonus the less they pay you the more they receive on their bonus checks. Dc
great company
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2019
worked here for 2 years, great people to work for. supportive and encouraging. Loved this company. If I didnt go back to the Healthcare field I would still be here.
Not a good company
Customer Care Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2019
Would never work for this company again. Very racist and rules are made up as they go. No one ever knows if they will have a job at the end of the day.
It is a low paying job for the work you do
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLSeptember 3, 2019
It was an okay job the pay is low for the extreme amount of labor that you have to put out and the supervisors conflict with each other daily but I ignore that and do my job
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low paying job very hard hot
Raelly Bad Place.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 2, 2019
Definitely not recommended, They have no respect for nobody, they thread you as a bag of garbage, they buy you,they use you and then throw you away like you ain't worth nothing, You feel how RACIST They Are,........ZZ.
Maintenance shop Shippensburg pa
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 1, 2019
Please do yourself a favor and stay away from the Shippensburg pa shop. There is no order. Not enough bays and you will be shoveling maggots and trash out of trucks if the shop leader isn't suited to you. They hire techs with no experience that are family and then oust the techs that are senior to them with experience. You could get an oil change and a D service done in an hour which is A,B,C and D service combined on DOT and it won't be good enough for them. Standard time is 3 to 4 hours for that.

This has been one of the worst places I have ever worked. What they said in the interview is a complete about face to what is actually going on. They are liars, they tell you daily that you are expendable and don't count on having a job when you come in the next day. The shop does not follow DOT regulations, keep in mind as a technician YOUR NAME IS ON THE DOT INSPECTION SHEET. They told me numerous times if you mess up the company is not accountable and that you will go to jail. The shop leader is demeaning and dysfunctional. I was not laid off for doing my job, I did my job correctly and within dot standards. I did it better then the time they allowed. I was let go due to "low shop morale". They couldn't find any other reason to get rid of me other then making things up. They hired more people then bays and I had to work outside 95 percent of the time. DO NOT BECOME A TECH FOR THE SHIPPENSBURG PA SHOP.
It a garbage carrier no pun intended
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIAugust 29, 2019
It is what it is. Not very romantic it hauling garage/recycling. I would have stayed if the winters up here weren’t so brutal. Managers were helpful I would suggest more specific routing help of residential routes. I enjoyed commercial way more.
Productive and Enjoyable
DRIVER/RESIDENTIAL (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALAugust 29, 2019
A typical day includes inspection of the vehicle, perform all maintanence and safety checks and proceed to my route. I've learned that patience, dedication and hard work is the key to a successful career. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer's animals that are not familiar with me. The most enjoyable part of my job is on my routes, I have met and built great relationships with my customers. They enjoy seeing me on a daily basis and I enjoy seeing them.
Poor training
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 28, 2019
They put you out there with a map and nothing else. No help. You are on an island with nothing but a truck and a map which is confusing as well. Thank you
I’ve worked at worse
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIAugust 23, 2019
Long days rain or shine. Work is work. Its a job. Drivers just don’t drive they also help loaders. We’re a team!!!! Pay is ok. Increases are earned not just given because of time on the job. Always things to do. They are also very safety orientated. #1 rule is everyone goes home safe after shift. Management is management trust them at your own risk.
Good place
Residential Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 23, 2019
Busy but relaxed, fast paced. Great people! Would recommend for anyone that wants to drive and be home every day. Must be willing to be flexible and help co workers when needed.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Trucks are older but great maintenance department.
Lay offs
Rear End Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2019
Was threaten with lay-offs when work got slow in the winter time. I didn't feel comfortable with being laid off from a job. Best thing to do is get your foot in the door as a rear end loader and move up to front end loader.
Good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 19, 2019
Good place to work Management is very knowledgeable And easy to work with.Work week can be long but goes by fast . Employees were helpful and answered any questions .
It's a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2019
I hate that the company moved out of Charlotte N.C whatever the reason for them to move out of Charlotte it must been a good one at the beginning of the year waste Management will be taking over it would have been a better fit for the drivers . All the drivers that went to waste connect 😡 left and went 2 waste pro.
Pros
We had cookouts once a month
Cons
The healthcare was excellent
Great Place to work
Residental (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2019
Advanced is the leading role in trash collections. The company is so well put together that its hard to get in the door in the morning. Everybody congregates together around the water cooler and chops it up about the types of debris they find in the cans.
No compassion
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 17, 2019
This company doesn't care if your child sick ..
This companys Managers are a Holes
This company sucks to work for.
This company Trucks are raggady
This company also don't care if you are sick
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, ALAugust 17, 2019
Great company to work for. Great group of people you work with. Management always works with any problems or questions you have. I really appreciate this opportunity to work for a great company.
management is awful
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILAugust 13, 2019
management at this company is pathetic. they lie and fabricate evidence to fire drivers. they suspend prior to investigation so your guilty before proven innocent.
Use it for experience ONLY..Put Your Time In and GET OUTTTT!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2019
Could be an awesome place to work if management weren't so not approachable, concerned about being friends with their team, so big on their title and focused more on building their teams instead of belittling them if front of the other staff members.

This place is not consistent, and can be a bit a hostile place to work in light of inconsistency.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Inconsistency in training, growth, procedures.
Horrible place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 10, 2019
Overworked employees, poor leadership. By far one of the most unorganized places I’ve ever worked for and I will never recommend anyone to this place. Worked most days without breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9