Advanced Disposal Culture reviews

Good Dynamic Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALOctober 1, 2018
Upwardly mobile company - great CEO but suffers from acquisition growth - some leadership that was there prior to the Veolia acquisition are not skilled or mature enough to handle the larger culture threat.
Great
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2018
Advanced Disposal is a great place to work. it is a good environment with great people. I have learned a tremendous amount about the industry and I love the people I work with at Advanced Disposal.
Good place to work, Fast paced without the drama.
Rolloff Driver (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 10, 2018
Go out and did what needed to be done, get done early and you helped out with co-workers route to get done for the day. Friendly co-workers.Always a kind word from management through out and at end of the day.
Pros
Always a full days work. Good pay, good benefits. Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Dirty job. Sometimes customers or traffic can be not good.
Great Place to work
Outside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for Advanced Disposal. It is a great company. The people that work there are very nice and make work fun. I enjoy the amount of work they do in the community to help others.
Pros
fun place to work
Move for improvement
New Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 18, 2018
Culture was great at that office, but the company is behind the times. They want to compete with larger companies in the industry, but are years alway from it.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Care only about stockholders & not the customers.
Cut throat environment.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 9, 2018
Advanced Disposal lacks diversity at the management level. The culture is cut throat and distrustful. Worked very hard managing 3 facilities. Had to drive to 3 different towns almost daily. Had to use a company pickup with drive cam which was very stressful because it becomes a tool they use to relieve you of your duties.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of management diversity. Lack of loyalty.
Very good place to work
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 28, 2018
Advanced disposal is a great place to work and they look out for their employees they always by us lunch and things like that all the people there are very nice..
Pros
Cons
Must be on time
Trash Collector (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 23, 2018
Good safe place to work if you like to work out doors and put in the hours great group of people to work with very friendly great boss if you don't like the cold wouldn't recommend!
Hard work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIDecember 11, 2017
Hard work. Long hours. Good pay. Great benefits. Good equipment.
Nice culture. Plenty of advancement. Fast paced. Flexible vacation schedules. Paid holidays.
A growing company with opportunity for advancement
Commercial Line Route Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 10, 2017
I have enjoyed my experience working for Advanced Disposal for the most part, but have recently come to a realization that I would like to purse some different career opportunities. The morning supervisor position is tough because you start your shift early and depending on the day will work 12+ hours; and also 5-6 days a week. The initial salary is average and the benefits are expected for entry level. The culture in the building will depend on if your drivers are union or not (mine was union) because your ability to manage will be impacted by the rules of the contract, but there is a lot of support from upper management. The hardest part to the job is the the amount of hours you work and unequal work to life balance that comes from the position. In my experience the most enjoyable part of the job was the working relationship between the management teams was cooperative; with the understanding that we all have the same goal.
Pros
Free lunches, Provided Quality Work Cloths, Opportunity
Cons
Hours
No room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GANovember 21, 2017
Stressful, learned about the company but that is it,
Managment is good but can only do as much as corporate lets them,culture is here is depressing,hardest part of the job is doing it knowing theres no hope for advancement, the most enjoyable part is my coworkers
Alot of lifting and moving
Recycler (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is A lot on your feet and A lot of lifting.
You learn about different recycling .
Management is really great
Work place culture is how YOU make it
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the weather changing
The most enjoyable part of my job is the laughs I share with coworkers
Pros
Time lunch
Cons
Dealing with weather
Good working environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2017
I truly enjoy working for Lee & Cates glass the atmosphere was wonderful it was like one big happy family if I could I would go back to Advanced Disposal because I truly enjoy it my co-workers and supervisors or awesome
Great Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
a typical day at Advance Disposal will be very fast paced. I have learned that the customer comes first, and hard work always pays off. Had a great management and sales team.
great
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 28, 2017
great experience just no career advancements would recommend friendly co workers friendly enviornment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Productive and place to provide for your family
Driver (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 5, 2017
Its a great place to work as long as you have a good management team.The wages have shown improvement. You can also provide for your family . Good benefits for you and your family
Fast paced, never dull moment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 1, 2017
This job helped teach me how to multi-task, become a great listener, and also become a leader. This is a brand new branch that opened and was the first customer service representative that was hired. I was able to teach others the tricks and tips I learned and became a great example of how team work is beneficial to get the job done. This was only possible with the great management team on board.
Pros
Location is great for downtown lunch breaks, break room is nice, and its a clean and beatiful, brand new desk equipement.
great place
Commercial Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 31, 2017
I loved working here. I learned most of my skills here at Advanced Disposal and would love to go back in time and do it again. Great people and great environment.
self suficient is the key to the job
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 23, 2017
It is a job you take all resonsibility on yourself. getting the job done in a safe yet timely manner.
culture is ok, pretty much on your own all day.
hardest part about the job is trying to keep all your customers satisfied, that's job security
Pros
pay checks
Cons
healthcare, poorly run company, no structure at all
Productive place to work at, nice staff with good food.
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is normally a 8 hour shift. everybody in the work place are normally friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job is learning the your on route and operating the truck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.