Advanced Disposal

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

liked the other employee's that's probably why i made it there. not a great place to work in my opinion anyway

Was there almost 10 yrs. Trucks were terrible, always broke down and then patched just to work again. Tried to advance 3 times and was not given the job i believe because i was needed in a truck still even though i believe i had the best knowledge and experience for the position. Pay was decent but if you showed you cared and would go above and beyond they used that all the time against you. In turn still no advancement. Felt there was a click there where certain people got treated better than other's.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Everything besides the pay

Friendly atmosphere

Great company, great benefits. If your punctual and a multi tasker you would love this company for sure. Great boss, listens and open minded. Up to date on technology

I really liked working here! If you’re getting into this business then this is the place you want to work for.

Great place to work for, started the day with safety meetings. Did your pre trip and then got fuel which fuel was located at shop, if you needed anything for truck they had onsite mechanics to get you going. Most holidays we where off. They showed their appreciation with bonuses and cook out for employees. The benefits where top notch.

Pros

Great benefits, start early and off early so plenty time with the family, great pay, 401k, extra money for boots

Cons

High turnover

good

great staff and equipment. pay could be better but overall not bad. good work hours and off most weekends. company cell phone. safety was always first

Mechanics are great guys

Training was nonexistent. General manager was an absolute child and nobody liked him. It was tough every day just hearing his voice. Mechanics are wonderful and very helpful. Not given enough praise for all they do. Without them, there is no company.

Pros

Weekly paychecks

Cons

No training, Never seen so much unprofessionalism of a general manager. It was like dealing with a two-year-old.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Long hours and low pay.

This isn't a job for anyone who has a life outside of work. Management never wanted to hear about doctors appointment for you or your kids. Had to apply for vacation approval and something it was denied because not having no one to work your route because of high turnover.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and low pay

Great people and culture, freedom to do the job without being nicro managed. Great work-life balance, if you did what you needed to do than you were rewarded with pay, and time.

Pros

pay-benefits

Little chance to advance

The wages are low and the work is nonstop. The systems continuously crash and we are told to not mention technological issues with the clients so it gives off the impression that the representatives are incomplete The time off policy is a joke. They only provide one day of PTO per quarter meaning you only get four days off a year. Any additional time off is unpaid.

Its ok

Working for that company started off ok. After awhile it became horrible. The calls per day was very exhausting. They pay is terrible. They can pay more than they do. And the management shows favoritism

Pros

Off on weekends

Cons

Pay and management

Work with no one over your shoulder

I liked that you could kind of work at your own pace with little to no supervision. Food was provided often and overtime especially at the end of the month.

Pros

Free lunch, work at your pace

Cons

Short lunch with nothing around so you have to pack ur lunch or get delivery

Beware of weather conditions when considering this job rain,sleetrash has to go

Work hard get paid overall ok job just try to get to the commercial side of it stay away from residential. Summer times are kinda of harsh because of smell of Landfield but you will get use to it

Pros

The pay

Long hours ... Management has favorites

Long work days with management pushing for more. Preach safety but then turn around and expect more. Managers on a power trip and will let you know it too.

Pros

Overtime makes the pay good

Cons

Good luck on getting time off

Work climate is poor

Safety is priority, but what the the culture and quality of life for the worker? The company needs to work on that also in order to retain their best and hardest workers. Raises suck. Some trucks are in poor condition because lead mechanic doesn't care. Office workers don't always communicate. Dispatch is horrible, just ask every driver. If you're not in shape and have poor work ethic, this isn't the job for you. You will not last a month, GUARANTEED.

Pros

Safety bonuses every month

Cons

Not for anyone with poor work ethic.

Started with this company thinking it would move into good things

I was hired on the spot as a CDL Driver. I was told that I would get my own route after a couple of weeks training. This never happened. Others that were hired after me got their own route and they kept putting me in as a swing driver or mostly a thrower. They start everyone off as a thrower tossing 8-10 tons of garbage by yourself with no help from the driver when they are supposed to and use you as a fill in until they decide to give you a route on your own. After a few months I was hurt from something that was on record in my physical and was put off work by the Dr. to be off until surgery was completed. After several weeks the Advanced cut my benefits off and did not allow surgery which put me in a financial and unhealthy position. The management is terrible and there is no sense of complaining to HR because they do not care either. Advanced also got bought out by Waste Management but the Takeover has dragged on for close to over a year. There is not a guarantee that the residential garbage pickup will exist after the takeover finally happens. Do Not Get Hurt on this job because they do not want to pay WC benefits and will deny your surgery.

Pros

A route and a good thrower then the job would be fine.

Cons

Management gives you the worst route/throwers making you work 13 hour days.

I would not reccomend.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Advanced Disposal is difficult. They have a point system and will fire you after 6 points. If you are out sick with a doctor's note saying you can not work they still give you points for the days you missed.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Advanced Disposal are low compared to other centers in the area and the benefits are lacking. Even with the buy up plan for dental, they will not cover a filling until you have been employed for 1 year. If you start as a temp, that time doesn't count.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Advanced Disposal, I think turnover is high, it is never fully staffed. But you will never advance either. The people in the higher positions have been there for years and unless someone retires there is no openings to move up. Even when someone quits, they have shut down that position instead of fill it.ManagementIn general, managers at Advanced Disposal are lacking empathy and are never available.Management/supervisors will not support you when you need help on a call. They want you to keep every call to 3-5 min but also expect yuh ou to resolve billing issues, service issues and sell new services in the same time and that is not possible. Only the people with the lowest call times are rewarded with any type of pat on the back. They do not want to hear from your customer who wants to give you a kudos for doing a good job.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Advanced Disposal is alright, it is a cliquey environment.

s**t company

They overload the route. Trucks are s**t, they can't make the whole day w/o breaking down. This makes "overtime" a requirement but its only paid at half pay but they fudge the numbers on your check so it looks like regular overtime. Basically they lower your hourly rate the more hours you get. They claim safety always but you are expected to continuously back up blind onto busy streets and highways. Perfect job for someone who likes low pay and no family time.

Pros

Cons

everything

Good Company

I have worked here for a while now and have always rather enjoyed my time working here. It's safe. It pays decent. Benefits are okay. Management is great!

Great drivers

Early morning work. Good people work there. Overtime and benefits are decent. Some routes are very large and take 10-12 hours to complete. I like working alone.

Over worked under appreciated

Horrible place to work. Very high rate of turnover. Long hours. Management Sucks. All of the equipment is old and falling apart. The only good thing about the job is you are paid every Friday.

Pros

Paid every Friday

Cons

Management is horrible

Hard work minimum pay

The company as a whole is very unorganized. They don't want to spend any money to maintain and upkeep the trucks. They expect you to do more work without compensating you with pay

Average

Advanced Disposal is an average company to work for. Time off and relaxed days are hard to come by but the pay is great and the work is reasonable. I would recommend this company to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Advanced Disposal with

• Advanced Disposal
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?