Advanced Drainage Systems Employee Reviews

Productive fun and it’s nothing but working going fun people good management
DTS Lead (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 4, 2018
I love the work I love the place and it’s lo and it’s good benefits good money but hard earned money you work at a safe and fast pass everybody helps each other
Great people horrible company
Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 14, 2018
The people that work there were freeing and helpful and fun to work with. The company was focused more on quantity over quality all the time and it shows in the final package.
Pros
Great people, free meals for birthdays and holidays
Cons
The company itself
Still Working Here
Packing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 14, 2018
Seems like a pretty low-key environment. The pace is fast at times. Maybe a few things could be done for forklift traffic. Some things need repair like the roll up gates. So far so good, right?
Not a place for someone with a past!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 28, 2018
They wasted my time, money, and other job opportunities that I had in two week hiring process. If you have anything on your record no need to apply. This company does not believe in giving chances to people with a past. They used things I did in 2001 to let me go after working only 3 days. But the background was suppose to be done and approved before my hire. The managers were fine with my past but I was told Human Resources was the ones who made the decision to let me go. So if you have a past no matter how good of a worker you may be you need not to apply. I'd never wanna see someone else go through what I went through. The manager told me right before I left that I was a hard worker and a good guy and the company is crazy for letting me go. But that's life. All I can do is move on to my next opportunity and hopefully keep someone from going through the embarrassment and humiliation I had to endure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Won't hire anyone with a past. They held stuff that happened in 2001 against me.
hard work, low pay, poor equipment, lazy people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALOctober 27, 2018
plan route, load trailer, make deliveries
management not really managers. day care workers at best.
do not try too hard and do good job. will just get more work added so others can sit around and do nothing.
hardest part is dealing with lazy co workers.
most enjoyable part of job was leave it.
Pros
leaving
Cons
hard physical work, low pay, poor equipment, lazy co workers
A great place to work.
third highest position at the plant. (Former Employee) –  Brazil, IN 47834October 25, 2018
Many chances for advancement. Great benefits. Competitive wages. Treat there employees well. A lot of incentives. Payroll, Accts Payable, new hire orientation, Insurance selection and maintenance, answered phones, kept schedules for loads of scrap coming into the plant. deligated work among staff. Created weekly budget reports for Plant manager
Pros
good benefits and wage
Cons
short notice when eliminating positions or reducing head counts
Ok place to work but not enough hours
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pine Island, TXOctober 17, 2018
Any easy learning process,the job is very easy not to much hard labor , the management are pretty Laud back as long as your doing your job but not enough hours to make a living .
Not enough hours to get full time pay check
Production Hauler (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAOctober 17, 2018
Not enough hours to get full time pay check. People were nice to work with. Job was close to home. Variety of jobs helped the day pass quickly. Several different responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours to get full time pay check.
No room to move anywhere in the sweatshop
Employee (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 16, 2018
Sweatshop with hard working employees and good intentions. Benefits, compensation and pay raises are terrible . It is a publicly traded company that is not concerned with employees....
The work environment is really good. Good people that’ll help you out when you need help and good pay.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXSeptember 28, 2018
At Advanced drainage system is a good company to work for. The company is good with people and good Communication with people and pay really good. Have a lot of opportunity to work different positions.
Pros
Paid Lucy and sometimes they’ll buy you luch.
Cons
Sometime you’ll work more then 12 hours
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 27, 2018
This company was a good company to work for. The company was family oriented and cared about thier employees. Working on the production line really wasn't strenuous.
Pros
Good employer
Excellent place to work
Deduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 22, 2018
I loved my job with ADS. I worked there for almost 21 years when they closed the office. I had referred a few people to work there.
I had my own office where I worked on accounts. I had my own schedule, priorities, etc. I knew what needed to be done. No one micro managed me.
Hardest part was when I didn't get a quick response from sales or plants as I wanted to get back with customers ASAP. Most rewarding was when I cleaned up accounts that were a mess. Customers would call furious over problems on account. I would reconcile for them and leave them smiling.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, good benefits, good people. Fun activities like CSR week. Holidays were celebrated. Good place to work
Cons
They closed the office and moved all accounts to Ohio
Overworked and Underpaid
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  Nowhere, OKSeptember 16, 2018
Pros

The people are good for the most part, management will occasionally provide lunch, snacks, or other freebies. Employee stock plan. The company will reimburse employees for protective gear such as impact-resistant lenses and steel-toe boots.

Cons

Turnover is high with lots of temp workers being brought in like a revolving door.

The pay is not commensurate to the difficulty and danger of the work, with Downstream Technicians (DST) making slightly above minimum wage to start despite being the most at-risk and most-often-injured position. Line operators are the second most at-risk, while also frequently being denied their rest and meal periods (ten and thirty minutes respectively) if the equipment is malfunctioning.

Training is almost non-existent and most of what you learn will be through screwing up repeatedly. On top of that most of the equipment is nearly a decade old and constantly malfunctioning, so you'll have to learn how to make good product and stay caught up while working around all of that because there's only one DST per line and operators are often preoccupied with other things (like Facebook). Don't count on the shift supervisors being around either unless one of the line operators calls out, then they have to be on the floor.

The benefits are not the greatest either. The health insurance focuses primarily on "teledoc," a service that in my experience is about as useful as an online symptom checking tool. Seeing a doctor in person has a copay, as well, which is great for when the teledoc inevitably can't diagnose something they can't see or
  more... examine. You're almost better off not having health insurance, honestly.
The work-life balance is absolutely abysmal, with weekend availability being mandatory and schedules that have you working 6+ days in a row, often with a handful (or all) of those days being 12-hour shifts. The schedule can change daily as well, but management won't notify you if they changed your schedule even if they did so after you've gone home for the day. (They will get mad at you for not showing up "on time" though).

For a company that boasts so highly of its "sustained safety culture," it sure does love working people to exhaustion, increasing the likelihood of injury in the process. No ergonomics or repetitive motion injury prevention are in place either, so you'll be using the same group of muscles and performing the same handful of motions upwards of 200-300 times per shift.
Pros
Profit sharing, PPE reimbursement
Cons
Barebones training, negligent management, long hours, low pay, short breaks
Heavy hard labor work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Logan township n.j.September 14, 2018
Poor management. Heavy labor job for cheap pay. It's a slave camp. The lowest workers work like slaves. Have to be in good shape or your on trouble here.
Depressing
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan NjAugust 19, 2018
Management is terrible. I've worked there myself. They claim they give you the necessary resources and then throw you to the wolves. Jobs that are supposed to be superiors get pushed on the lower level guys and more time than less the supervisors know less than their operators and technicians. They give no raises outside of a quarter a year and you are basically an expendable piece if equipment instead of a human being.
Pros
Benefits and Pay is good
Cons
Management is horrendous
Definitely a fast paced company that's for sure. I'd be working everyday maybe one day off a week. They adjust the schedules alot.
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  WashougalAugust 19, 2018
Over all. Great factory, I love the personnel and the staff. Minus a off day as they come. Everything in the company is like a well oiled machine. Maybe just a little more time off for the family or catch up on sleep.
Pros
Decent career choice, decent pay
Cons
Not the best operators on the job.
Mandatory Overtime is the Norm
Spouse (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MoAugust 11, 2018
DO NOT work here!

My husband works at ADS. In the 8 months he has been there, he has had 2 weekends off and maybe 5 Sundays off. He works mandatory overtime everyday, often 12 hours.

As a new employee, he does not have any vacation days.

The pay is very low for the manual labor he does.

Our family suffers because of the lack of quality time but ADS couldn't careless.

You owe it to yourself and family to find a job respectful of your family life.
Pros
None!
Cons
Forced manditory overtime
Awful management
Inside Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 16, 2018
Company did not deliver what was promised. Manager did very little to advance me in the company. Manager has an overall attitude of not caring and satisfied with status quo.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible management
Great place to work. Family oriented.
Plant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 20, 2018
Depending on your interests and goals there is opportunity to improve and better yourself. Great place to work. If you take care of them they will take care of you. Management is very understanding and care about family.
Summer work
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 29, 2018
Long days loading trailers, overall it was a good experience the guys were always great and the management was exceptional great work experience......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Drainage Systems. Our community is ready to answer.