Advanced Drainage Systems
54Below average

Advanced Drainage Systems Employee Reviews

United States236 reviews
The job itself was very good I enjoyed where I went what I did the people I worked with once the company went public the company seem to only care about the stockholders not workers
Good place to work. If you are lazy do not apply. This job is for people that like to make money. If you are lazy you will be unhappy. . If you leave early then you can make lots of money. If you sleep in till 6 am then you are wasting your time. . .God bless America.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Some drivers will leave you a bad tire on trailer.
Terrible management, favoritism, some get wrote up, others don't. Rules get made up, day by day to suit the situation. They treat you like a slave and care nothing for the employees. The only thing that matters is getting the pounds out. On my way out as soon as possible!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management sucks
The management is pathetic, the communication is just as bad. They preach saftey first but production is the main concern. Forget having a life because it will be dedicated to this place and rewarded with stress and headaches
I've never worked with more immature and cliqueish middle age men in my life. Nothing more appealing than 40 something year old burnouts gossiping all day like 14 year old girls.

Managers are either clueless or unreasonably demanding. Only one of them had any sense and their hands were tied most of the time. Zero organization. Zero parking. Zero desks. Tons of money wasted on catered meals for upper management that went in the dumpster at the end of the day. Bare minimum diversity. Not to mention the so called training here is laughable. Plus you're still expected to be a Rockstar for your incompetent Co workers.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Working on the yard you are expected to stay till all the loads they give you are finished. The turnover rate is sky high and you will never go to first shift. They have no training process just basically tossed in and expected to learn on your own
Great benefits. A lot of overtime. I learned a whole lot while I was there.They give random UA's though. I liked it. Sometimes I wish I was still there.
I was awarded the position based on my extensive experience and LEAN skills. My skills were not in being utilized. The Plant Manager that hired me was my biggest challenge. Every idea I presented was shot down.Consequently, I decided to move on rather than have my hard earned skills diminish.
It is all about the management and their needs. If you do not fit or suck up to them. By not doing that you are pretty much done with at this job. The management is a real treat. I would not recommend becoming a CSR at the Findlay office to anyone office
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Everything else
The job itself is very easy I love driving to diffrent job sites each day. The Freight Manager at Muncy makes the job miserable he treats the drivers like trash. Would be the perfect job if he wasn’t there. High turnover rate is due to him. I am looking for other job due to the constant disrespect from him and degrading employees.
Unless you’re a favorite and you’re work is perfectly done everyday, management will be on you non stop. They don’t work with you, or help you when you have questions. They’ll look at you like your stupid and tell you to figure it out. Management is poorly running this facility and they wonder why they have people coming in and out of there
Manager and supervisors only help people who suck up to them. Alot of hours. So home life with a family is rough. Pay is ok. Smells bad in summer time.
Worked here for 2 years and my management was terrible. Never had time home and the management didnt care about your personal life. Worked 12 hour days 7 days a week.
Stay away! If you want to live at a job?
This place is for you! If you're a yes man and don't want to better yourself? You will fit into this culture.
My background is from the military where I worked with very intelligent people. But I'm blown away with the talent here at ADS! I've learned so much about the business and the technology we are implementing. I've made some really great friends here and it's been nice socializing with them above and beyond our daily, hard work we all share.
High turnover rate of decent workers while the folks with a small amount of common sense or motivation are kept on. "Official" training is a joke. Very few chances for advancement, most times higher positions are filled from outside. Management likes to smile to your face while deficating in your lunch box. It feels wonderful to be told how to do a job by someone that has never done it themselves or willing .to ever try
This is specific to the logan township plant only. I cant speak of any other plant. I will say that this place isn't what its advertised as. Upper management sucks. Training, there isn't any. If your willing to brown and kiss up you will go far. Trust no supervisor in this place. There are a couple good people here. But the management as a whole is bad. It's all good awful. Everyone in a managerial roll will stab you in the back. You e been forewarned.
managerial managerial
The pu was good people around the work area was good and the work was hard work and that’s me I don’t like to just stand around I love to stay busy and the hours was good.
Somedays it can be a hectic job, like most jobs. We would start out the week by getting the lines heating up and getting the downstream equipment prepped. Then after we starting creating good pipe we would starting the packing process.
The day to day had very similar tasks but was always different and everyday had something new to learn. I learned a lot about mechanical work and labor.
They preach safety but your truck is the slowest on the interstate, the loads are loaded bad, and if you have a problem there’s usually no backing from management
Pros
Great location
Cons
Management will throw you under the buss to make themselves look good
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Drainage Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9