Advanced Home Care Employee Reviews

Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 10, 2018
The worst mistake I ever made was to leave here for another job. The team I worked with was excellent. We had a stressful job but we made the most of it and enjoyed what we did.
Unreal case load
Field RN (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 17, 2018
Being a filed nurse we see multiple patient's daily. The case loads would increase and the office didn't take into consideration driving time between patients. Speaking with your manager is almost impossible.
Pros
Not sitting in an office all day
Cons
Unreasonable number of patients to each nurse
Working at ADV
Non-Conical Non-Coding Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 7, 2018
I interviewed for their customer service specialist position. I waited about a week, and heard no information. The second week I got a call from another department, a new department, asking if I would be interested in interviewing for them. At the time I was a CNA. The position was for their reimbursement department verifying insurance policies for DME. I interviewed and was hired. 2 years later I applied for their resource specialist position, which assist nurses with documentation on their 485, they also code for recertification, and complete ROC's. I enjoy working for the company. I know for a fact I will never find another company where I can work from home, have flexible schedule (and truly have it) make up hours missed, listen to music, etc. The only issue I have with this company is the pay. I am gaining a lot of experience, which is ultimately going to take me even further.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule, experience
Cons
pay
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2018
The only reason I would be leaving is finding a place in another state to live that AHC it not currently in. I enjoy the work environment to work due to people I work with. Flexibility to have another office closer to home to work if needed. Sometimes being able to work from home. Early time for days off soon as you start.
Poor Commucation
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 5, 2018
Communication between management and employee is very poor everyone is on a different level of understanding. Trying to get management to understand the concept of the staffing in office and out in the field their is a broke down which make everything so difficult to understand and process. Everything is a SECRET and we need to work together its just all levels of STRESS and unhappy people.
Pros
flex in schedule
Cons
communication is bad with management
It was an okay job
Patient Account Representative-Commercial Accounts (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 23, 2018
Work was what you made it, but could not get comfortable.
Learned how to really be a team player
Micro managing (breaks, bathroom)
Great place to meet nice people
Cons
Micro managers
Horrible Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 23, 2018
ABSOLUTELY nothing good to say.
No respect for employees, no ownership of Management problems, no Respect for employees, non patient advocates , all about numbers
Pros
A job
Cons
Manager employee relations
kind workers
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2018
typical day at work is being on time for your client is the most important role for your jobs. Hardest part of the job is you really don't have day offs. Enjoyable moment would be, accomplishing tasks.
Pros
self employed
Crucial to development
Branch Manager III (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 15, 2018
Beginning my career at Advanced Home Care played a crucial role in the positions I have since taken. While many options for growth the salary did not meet expectations to go along with the positions or increased responsibilities. Not for profit company with many great qualities.
Continued learning
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 6, 2018
I have been my mother's primary caregiver for 10+ years. I have learned a great deal in body mechanics, in how to move patients correctly and effectively. I appreciate the continuing education units that the company offers to keep employees up to date on medical topics and re-certification of CPR.
Learned to not take calls personally. Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers and patients.
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Loved working here. Supervisor great to work for. Fun environment. Not a high stress call-center. Hardest part of job is learning to not take upset calls personally.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Traffic on way to work
Worst company no moral
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
Bathrooms flood and are never working. It rains the ceilings leaks. For the amount of work you are under paid .Turn over rate is horrible. Mangement treat Black people like slaves. Management scared to do their job. No real training or protocols to follow just wing it they will use it against you later
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
The company
its was fun and interesting
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
the job was fair but not fair enough for a leaving and the job had a fun and great time to be there. the job took a lot of patients and that was good because if you did not have it would cause discomfort for you and the pt.
Okay place to work if you don't need any benefits
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 21, 2018
The pays not bad, but they do not offer any kind of sick days or vacation pay, hours are not guaranteed and shifts are canceled without advanced notice. Great job for someone who is married or looking for extra hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No sick days/ vacation, no guaranteed hours
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 4, 2018
They show favoritism, don’t get on anyone’s bad side, racists everywhere, people try to pass judgement to feel valid pays not enough no work and life balance good luck with a love life insurance sucks
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Pay, schedule, leadership
Do Not Work here
Sales Team Member - DME Sales at the Hospital (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 24153June 1, 2018
It is always more, more ,more.
The year I made the CEO circle in Sales, I received no raise and they restructured the bonuses so that I made $4,000 a year less.
Cons
Rubish place to work dont do it
Carer (Former Employee) –  LythamMay 18, 2018
They do not see the clients as people only money and care packages. If you are extremely I'll they try to blackmail you to go to work. The management is shockingly bad. They do not care and do not help with anything. All round a extremely bad company
Very busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 15, 2018
Pharmacy is more about how much one technician can produce compared to other technicians instead of patient care. In my 90 day evaluation, I was compared to 3 other technicians; 1 has been there 7 years and the other 2 had been there maybe six months so of course they are going to put out more than me. I’m more about getting the correct IV to the patient instead of how many I can pump out in one day. Training was lacking also.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Lack of training, care too much about numbers, doing other branches job
Did not like it
Referral Support/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2018
Horrible place, very demeaning to African American employees. Can be racist and sexist. My management sucked never wanted to be accountable. I would not suggest working here.
Great hours and excellent support
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 26, 2018
The hours and the overall work load was so pleasant, I hated to leave however i was moving back to new york. This is a great company with many great benefits and great moral support