Advanced ICU Care Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Slow-Paced, decent place to work
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 24, 2018
can be fast paced, but mostly pretty slow...can be stressful at times, as the main job is to get doctors into remotely accessed ICU rooms when they are not functioning, which could happen during life or death scenarios...

Co-workers are generally great to work with, but there is not much of a culture while at work, as mostly, you will only see your co-workers while at work...

Very little possibility of advancement, but plenty of experience to advance elsewhere...usually plenty of downtime to complete certifications and/or degree
Pros
days off during the week, high pay for amount of work, not very stressful
Cons
12-hour shifts, lack of advancement potential
Awful management and consistently inconsistent
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2018
Management allows you to schedule yourself but pays absolutely no attention to it, they do not respond to your questions or concerns in a timely manner whatsoever and they do not work with you at all after they schedule even if you have provided them with documentation well before about obligations. They will charge you for your benefits more than they're supposed to and they will try to explain in a way that makes it sound like it's normal and that's just "how they do things" but it's a complete lie. They charged me for health insurance 3x in one month, even on a paycheck I received after I was no longer with them and said it was how they do it, however, I paid for 6 weeks worth of coverage that I only received 4 weeks of because I was paid 3x that month. They are rude when you have problems with anything and do not pretend to care one bit about you as an employee nor will they treat you as part of team/family, just as another number. Not a bad company at all but be cognizant of what they're doing because they will get over on their employees anyway they can and fight to maintain the integrity of their actions regardless of the fact that their "integrity" does not actually exist.
Pros
Cons
Poor management both in being available and their actions. Poor infrastructure
Lack of communication
CCRN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2017
Like the title says , lack of communication is unbearable. If you try to confront any miscommunication you get MAJOR pushback. Stay clear of this place until they clean out upper management. There is a reason this place has a high turnover rate!!!!
Pros
A job.
Cons
Poor culture, negative outlooks, no leadership in the company
fast paced environment
Lead Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 31, 2017
my work here is very monotonous- I am ready to do something where I feel like I am actually making a difference.
I like that I work 3 12 hour shifts
Pros
3 twelve hour shifts a week
Cons
no advancement
Decent Place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 19, 2017
Industry average pay, fast paced, excellent co-workers, interesting work. Management could use improvement. High rate of turn over but room for growth
Better Commuication
Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2017
Company would do so much better at retaining employees if clear lines of communication we established as well as showing that management listens to and values staff
technology/IT department
technology department (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMarch 14, 2017
horrible. terrible. hours. days. just bad. communication is zero. i would rate this place a negative if i could but i cannot. you will be scarred for life if you work here.
Pros
Cons
all.
Ccrn
CCRN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
Literally the worst place I've ever worked. Way too many patients per nurse, poor communication from leadership, constant IT issues, and unrealistic expectations. Physicians were hostile and insulting and would target nurses to get fired.
Pros
a job.
Cons
no breaks, unsafe ratios, hostile environment
Would rate a zero if I could
eICU RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2016
Whatever sense of innovation and pride once held by the founding providers of this company has long since been neutered by way of the current senior stakeholders. For a company trying to grow and do so much at once, it overlooks some very key, yet common sense principles that could prevent the problems now plaguing this place. This company has really stumbled in the past 12-18 months. While adding multiple additional hospitals, the staff has left because of lacking support, lacking communication, cronyism, poor workflow design, and increasing pressure from the top to squeeze every last drop of work out of the clinical staff. Instead of listening to the resulting complaints by clinicians who are hardest hit, they are told to simply "do the best you can" even when this results in flagrant poor service delivery to the clients. There have been over 40 nurses who have fled the ship, leaving those left behind frequently understaffed and having to take on dangerously high levels of patients... which in the past several weeks has consistently been in the 60-70 patient range. The benefits that everyone else on here has bragged about have been systematically done away with. Used to be quarterly bonuses based on performance metrics. Gone. They used to offer bonus if shifts were short. That went away for a long, long time until a couple weeks ago where they put out a crackpot incentive program to help the very small number of folks who would come in for the overtime anyway. Only 4 hours of education allowed per month which is not nearly enough to cover CME needs. If you need more, too bad  more... so sad.

It wasn't until 6 months ago that the management finally stopped telling employees to share HIS login information... something that is so horribly against HIPAA regulations and could have frankly shut down the entire operation. If only the clients knew...

Stay away from this place. It might seem like a cush job, but it's really not. Not anymore.
Pros
One hour paid lunch
Cons
Abyssmal Nurse Management. Worst you will ever find.
Worst place I have ever worked
CCRN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Very busy, fast paced environment. When first came to AICU we were told patient load is around 35 patients. Now we are at 65 patients. The company has promised clients quality care and we can't even give 1/2 the expectation. Benefits are poor in comparison to other companies. There is no room for growth or advancement. Company very unorganized and turnover of management is quicker than turnover with nurses. It literally is the blind leading the blind. Since date of hire...I have seen 3 managers and 5 different workflows. We have had close to 40 people quit in 2015....including doctors that have been there from the start of the company. I would think twice before taking a job there. Grass is not greener. We even have new employees ready to quit because they were lied to about what we really do.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, benefits are low in comparison to other companies, fast paced ver stressful environment.
Great benefits
Registered Medical Assistant/Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 17, 2015
I admit and discharge patients to and from tele ICU's across the United States. I update medical records and vitals. I enjoy working with different hospitals from all over.
Aicu
Tele-ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
Overall the best job I have ever had. Working collaboratively with other nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians to deliver the best care to the patients we serve across the U.S. Extremely low stress position. One hour paid lunch break that is uninterrupted. $500 per year for continuing education paid for by the company to be used however the employee sees fit. The hardest part of my job was getting accustomed to amping up my multitasking skills 100 fold. Responsible for taking nurse calls from client hospitals while doing a multitude of other tasks at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction with the patients and bedside nurses in hospitals we serve. It is incredibly satisfying to see the impact we make in the outcomes of patients in reducing ICU length of stay.
Pros
One hour paid lunch
Cons
At at work station for 12 hours.
Difficult Tele-ICU company
Data Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
The company is based in St. Louis,MO and had monitoring centers in New York and India. This made communication with Managers, and my immediate supervisor, and other staff difficult at times. The shifts were 12 hours, similar to that of a Hospital. Directives were not easy to follow due to the time difference of the monitoring centers. When I voiced my opinion about the treatment of Data Integration Staff trying to assist the Intensivist, I was berated by the Medical Director and soon after dismissed from my role. I have over five years experience in Healthcare fields and have extensive work with multiple levels of medical staff. I understand the nature of ICU is tough and the majority of Doctors that worked there were professional in every sense of the word, this animosity was built up by a select few who were very obnoxious in their approach to the work.
Pros
If you are into the medical field and ICU it is a great place to learn
Cons
Nature of the work and the business
Company growing rapidly
Data Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2014
The company is growing at such fast pace that they cant hire enough employees and in return causes them to lose so many employees due to the stress of overloading there employees with more patients than they should have.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
overloaded and stressful
great benefits
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2014
good for people in school, you learn how to operate registers
New Innovative technology
Clinical Process Coordinator/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2014
typical 12 hour nursing shifts, room for advancement, growing company
Pros
1 hour paid lunch break
Capible management, interesting company.
System Analyst / Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint louis MoMay 12, 2013
Benefits are good
Compensation is on the low side
Not a lot of room for advancement