Advanced Recovery Systems Employee Reviews

Poor culture and Ethic
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palmer Lake, COFebruary 13, 2019
Unfair employee treatment. Some employees are treated better based on relationship with management. No flexibility at all. SR managers are disconnected from the company operation, HR and treatment of employees. High turnovers. Most employees are terminated with 3-5 months of hire.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Leadership
Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and other healthcare revenue and operations professionals seeking a role with this company
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 10, 2019
As a former employee hired as part of the management team, the picture drawn during the interview and onboarding sounded like a dream. Wanting to be closer to home, I accepted the position. To make this not a long story, it took me less than a week to realize and tell myself "what have I done and gotten myself into?". There was no control on how executive management would bring new employees in, to have them out and terminated in less than a week. Unrealistic expectations for anyone to come on board, learn systems and policies, and perform at a 110% in so little time, or so was the expectations of executive management. Absolutely no employee development, training, and fair treatment.
As I was coming in, began job hunting again within my first week into the job. Luckily, I had found another opportunity as I knew my time there limited. Sure enough I was terminated a few weeks into the job, as I refuse to conduct myself in an unethical and unprofessional manner toward my staff; there was no humanity from Human Resources, as they allowed unfair treatment and disposition of employees at their managers discretion and without proper justification and or reasons. Even when employees called to find out why they had been terminated, Human resources would not even send them a letter or take their call (It happened to me). I witnessed more staff get hired and fired, in a month time, than I did in my entire 22 years in healthcare management.
Clearly, if you want to put yourself through a professional career suicide path, then this is the perfect company for you. Join them
  more... at your own risk. But don't worry, it won't last long!  less
Pros
Good restaurants in the area
Cons
Management/Human Resources/Unprofessional Atmosphere/Incompetent Senior Staff (VPs & Directors)
Clinicians run
Clinician (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 19, 2018
Nope. No advancement, high cost of benefits outweighs any high salary if carrying for a whole family, disorganized and easily panicked management who made decisions and policy for the entire building on whims and without informing staff or clients. A lot. Absolutely no competent supervision. No offered on-site clinical supervision. Long hours, crazy expectations related to documentation, and one’s ability to manage time effectively. Micromanaging while simultaneously cluelessly guiding from management. If you like your license, don’t bother.
Pros
The staff were mostly amazing.
Cons
High cost of benefits, unrealistic expectations.
Avoid working here at all costs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 8, 2018
Bad management, terrible benefits can make way more money in this industry working elsewhere. This company has a terrible turn around rate as employees don't like being yelled at.
Pros
employees
Cons
Stress and always worried if you will get fired
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Company too big and too emotionally driven.
Lots of favoritism and unfair treatment.
Watch your back if you work here you could fired without an warning depending on temperament of management
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Too unstable and emotionally driven
Small town job
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, WAAugust 12, 2018
Its a big company backed by big goldman sachs but the investors just go cheap on everything so there's high turnover due to low pay, minimal benefits, and minimal potential for career growth - that's the real problem. As of Aug 2018 they got a 401k, so they're trying, it's just incredibly slow.

The people are great to work with; some of the best people I've ever worked with.

The job is a stepping stone - the BEST thing the company could do is use their facilities to recruit, teach and train BHTs, Clinicians, and others in mental health care and addiction recovery.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
everything else
Not worth it
clinical (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLAugust 28, 2018
Though the staff on site were top notch, the individuals off site (the ones in charge) had little understanding of how to help people, and never appeared to care about actually doing so.
Pros
Staff do care for one another
Cons
They have no actual authority
Battle of the staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, WAAugust 22, 2018
Different departments would battle one another even trying to get other's license under investigation. BHT versus nurses versus clinical versus medical. Top admin states, "we can always get new staff and new clients".
Pros
Location is pretty
Cons
No support from management. Possible legal conflicts from ARS many lawyers.
Average to fair atmosphere with poor mid level management
UR Specialist (Former Employee) –  RCM Fort LauderdaleJuly 27, 2018
This company has pluses and minuses with the minuses much more than the pluses
Upper management doesn't care about the employees genuinely as evidenced by the large X-Mas bonus of $25/person They are only and mainly interested in the bottom line>>$$$>>rather than the quality of the employees they recruit. Hiring at minimal amounts rather than the amounts for the experience and knowledge someone brings into the organization. A lot of the mid-level management have security complexes and exhibit double standards with certain race, gender and with the experience of the employees. They do not train new employees equally across the line.
As far as raises>>don''t hold your breath. The maximum amount of raise after one year is 3-3.5%..an amount that can add about 25$ bi-weekly>>gets you a half a tank of gas possibly.
The mid-level management did not give respect or recognize the work product of their employees who excelled. They said they did but failed to show that!
Pros
Provided company lap top to use so that could have 3 screens.
Cons
Poor mid-level management, no breaks advised, no designated lunch breaks.
Very pressured environment
Intake Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 20, 2018
Very intense and pressured to reach goals, being shouted at and put on blast when goals not met. Selling on phones and loud and very unprofessional!
There was several levels of management. The upper management was very approachable but lower level management were rude and unprofessional.
If you like being screamed at and belittled in front of your peers than this is the place for you!
Pros
Cons
Not conducive for continuity
Great environment to work in with incredible leadership.
Intake Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 30, 2018
Helping people everyday find freedom from active addiction in a positive, encouraging work environment. Plenty of opportunity for advancement in this growing company.
Fulfilling job with helping others
Intake Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 27, 2018
I enjoy working at ARS. It gives me a purpose to show up to work daily to help those seeking recovery. The culture is all about being positive and high energy
Pros
free lunches three times a week, great PTO
Great opportunity for advancement if you seize the opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
Definitely gives you the opportunities you need to advance your career and learn if you want them. The company may not be for everyone but if you are a self-starter, eager and willing to learn, you get more and more put on your plate and can see significant increases in pay and responsibility. Job can definitely be challenging as any company with a fast-paced growth but you can certainly build a support network of colleagues and mentors. People who don't communicate or collaborate will not be successful at a company like this. However, as a place that treats people in recovery, it can also be a place where you can start at the bottom and rapidly progress your career if you work hard and are a quick learner
Pros
Great bosses who care about you. Lunch a few days a week
Cons
Can sometimes be too fast-paced and demanding
Draining work environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 8, 2018
This company does not have any room or opportunity for growth. The work environment is hostile and very drama filled. The leadership team at the Upper Marlboro MD location is never on the same page, does not keep their staff informed or communicate effectively, and there is no sense of community. Everyone is worried about their own personal interests and not the strategic plans and efforts that would be in the best interest of the patients.
Cons
Leadership Team, No Job Security (Layoffs Based on low census), Hours
Intake Coordinator
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2018
Really enjoyed working for the company. I had a great opportunity to help others that could not help themselves which made me have a sense of pride and justice.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Contracts
Not a good place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 3, 2018
This company does not have a 401K plan, the medical insurance is very costly for the employees. The management is emotionally driven. There are not a lot of opportunities to advance.
Rehabilitation at this clinic is well liked by the patients
LPN - Full time (Current Employee) –  Palmer Lake, COMay 5, 2018
Making all patients are well and stable.
I learned how rehabilitation works from the beginning to the time of release and the accomplishment from the patients from the beginning of there time here to the end. I have learned a lot about alcohol and drug addition, and behavioral problems amongst the young and old.

The hardest part is seeing a patient to accomplish their goals of rehabilitation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the accomplishment and hard work that out patients go through to become a new and more knowledgeable person on their life and what it can and will be.
Knowing that I have helped them accomplish there recovery strengths, and giving them the power to know they can do it, by just using the tools they have been given in training to become a new knowledgeable person in life.
Pros
the accomplishment
Cons
being staff challenged
A very full filling career helping others help themselves.
Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2018
The hardest part of the job is working with a nursing shortage, which is no surprise to facilities here in Florida.
Management changed frequently during the first year or so, but that's expected with new companies when they open up.
The therapeutic milieu is definitely collaborative medical and mental health, so it's important to have staff that can work together if not the client suffers.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Staff Shortages
Quick paced and competitive workplace
Community Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I loved working for Advanced Recovery Systems, however the lack of training was an issue for me. I worked there for 8 short weeks and did not get the training I was promised. Public speaking was a huge part of my job which, until now, was something I did not know I wold struggle with.
Patient care and safety with a team approach
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FLJanuary 31, 2018
The work environment is supportive and allows for a team approach. Working for a company that puts patient care and safety first has been a blessing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Recovery Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9